Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Jon Hamm squished Kevin Spacey's head in Baby Driver.

That's the last you'll see of Spacey. I don't know if that's irony or what though.

Hamm is a notorious drunk too, he wasn't just playing that role in Mad Men.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemon
May 22, 2003

Conspiracy theorists are weak-minded babies who cannot accept the fact that the world is a whirling void of chaos and no-one is in charge.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
SEX PESTS

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I liked Jon Hamm in Bridesmaids

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush posted:

I liked Jon Hamm in Bridesmaids

Frankly I like him in everything. (did not watch the Mad Men though)

I like Spacey and I liked Coz Pop back in the day.

Never liked Charlie Sheen though.

2017 is the worst of times while also being the best of times

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

We still don't know how rare earth-like planets are. We're starting to find planets that look like they might be in the same sort of zone that makes it possible for them to have liquid water, but we have no idea if they're all lush gardens or featureless waterworlds or dessicated hellscapes. Maybe our planet is desirable just because it's already set up for complex life with the right kind of temperature and biologically-maintained oxygen levels and everything and so the aliens don't have to gently caress around with the terraforming.

There's also the idea that humans contain some abstract resource that Aliens want to collect and they use Earth as a zoo/livestock containment area.

It's called Loosh.
http://ascensionglossary.com/index.php/Loosh

Reversal Networks are collecting life force from the collective fields of all earth inhabitants and producing more subtle black forces and miasma. The much sought after spiritual energy contained in these fields is called energetic Loosh by the cabals. In this context, loosh is referred to as the emotional energy radiated by animals and humans when feeling threatened, harmed or being killed, that results in the traumatizing pain and suffering that is experienced and recorded in the body, mind and soul. For centuries the NAA have developed and exploited multidimensional occult practices through reversal creation code. This has been given to secret societies and institutions for the purpose of Mind Control and Social Engineering, in order to harvest Negative Emotional Energy or loosh from the masses.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Of course humanity is special in some kind of way. Of course aliens want something we have. If they don't, it means we're just a bunch of goobers rolling around on the planet and we're insignificant in the grand scheme.

I think that conspiracy theorists want to be special in some way. By having hidden and forbidden knowledge, they become special somehow; if aliens want to capture and herd humanity around like cattle, like they have some intrinsic value, then they're special because of that, too.

Or they're just a little crazy.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I think a lot of conspiracy theories come from people who are just afraid of the world. The idea that terrible things sometimes just happen to undeserving people for no reason at all is difficult to swallow, and I think some people find it easier to believe that terrible things are planned out by a big powerful organization, which does horrible things yeah but there's a reason for it and a plan. I suspect there's also a sense that, because the conspiracy has a reason for doing these terrible things and some way of picking its targets, you can avoid being hurt by them if you stay off their radar or wear tinfoil hats or whatever.

The 9/11 conspiracies are a great example. The reality is that there are evil terrorists out in the world who just want to blow up innocent people, and you might be one of the unlucky ones who went to work early that day or got on a plane and was murdered in a giant explosion and there's no rhyme or reason to it. If you let that idea take hold of your thinking, it's paralyzing. So instead they choose to believe that the whole thing was a plot by the government, that the buildings were empty, that the planes were filled with dummies and CIA agents, that the only people who got hurt were those who were somehow involved with the conspiracy and everything happened according to plan, and that's soothing to them because then they don't have to worry that it could happen to them any more.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Sagebrush posted:

I think a lot of conspiracy theories come from people who are just afraid of the world. The idea that terrible things sometimes just happen to undeserving people for no reason at all is difficult to swallow, and I think some people find it easier to believe that terrible things are planned out by a big powerful organization, which does horrible things yeah but there's a reason for it and a plan. I suspect there's also a sense that, because the conspiracy has a reason for doing these terrible things and some way of picking its targets, you can avoid being hurt by them if you stay off their radar or wear tinfoil hats or whatever.

The 9/11 conspiracies are a great example. The reality is that there are evil terrorists out in the world who just want to blow up innocent people, and you might be one of the unlucky ones who went to work early that day or got on a plane and was murdered in a giant explosion and there's no rhyme or reason to it. If you let that idea take hold of your thinking, it's paralyzing. So instead they choose to believe that the whole thing was a plot by the government, that the buildings were empty, that the planes were filled with dummies and CIA agents, that the only people who got hurt were those who were somehow involved with the conspiracy and everything happened according to plan, and that's soothing to them because then they don't have to worry that it could happen to them any more.

What a stupid thing to say. I have never heard any of those super weird 9/11 conspiracies, just allegations that, as proposed by the Project for a New American Century in 1997, America's leadership at the time allowed or encouraged a devastating attack on US soil for political purposes. Even sticking with an assumption the United States had nothing to do with it, a group of extremists 'conspired' to bring those events about. There's no one unifying cartoon villain at the top holding *all* the strings but of course things happen for reasons. Just because you can't understand the machinations of 7 loving billion people does not mean there's just 'no rhyme or reason' and chaos just pops off in a vacuum

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Remember an old iteration of this thread when there was an unironic JEWS DID 9/11 person and I tried arguing with him and it actually worked

because I'm still proud of that

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic
"The reality is that there are evil terrorists out in the world who just want to blow up innocent people" fuckin lmao

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

420 SWAGLORD posted:

What a stupid thing to say. I have never heard any of those super weird 9/11 conspiracies, just allegations that, as proposed by the Project for a New American Century in 1997, America's leadership at the time allowed or encouraged a devastating attack on US soil for political purposes. Even sticking with an assumption the United States had nothing to do with it, a group of extremists 'conspired' to bring those events about. There's no one unifying cartoon villain at the top holding *all* the strings but of course things happen for reasons. Just because you can't understand the machinations of 7 loving billion people does not mean there's just 'no rhyme or reason' and chaos just pops off in a vacuum

You imbecile, you loving child, too dumb to see that everything happens because of evil people acting at random.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Modus Pwnens posted:

You imbecile, you loving child, too dumb to see that everything happens because of evil people acting at random.

Huh so why do they act at random instead of in their own best interests?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Cause they crazy.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Your enemy is both the most cunning and most capable people on the planet, while at the same time being floor making GBS threads retards that are astounding levels of incompetent.

Every conspiracy theory involving shadowy organizations explained.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

limp_cheese posted:

Your enemy is both the most cunning and most capable people on the planet, while at the same time being floor making GBS threads retards that are astounding levels of incompetent.

:umberto:

also that's quite a redtext :stare:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

420 SWAGLORD posted:

"The reality is that there are evil terrorists out in the world who just want to blow up innocent people" fuckin lmao

Iain M. Banks had a lovely take on people who are racist garbage and hate Muslims. Right before he got blown up over Lockerbie.

As it was happening he felt guilty about judging the muzzie in the seat across the aisle.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
The terrorists who did 9/11 were very evil people

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

limp_cheese posted:

Although as I get older I’m realizing with dawning horror that most of the people in charge of the country are in fact pants making GBS threads retards and somehow this in no way impedes them from ruining my life.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Solice Kirsk posted:

Cause they crazy.

quote:

its sad that people these days people think that someones life matters more than someones else THEY DONT ! we are all equal i’m no better than you and your no better than me granted some of us may have more money than others or are better looking so the external side of your body does not matter its the internal components that matter so someone will say that if you look better than someone then there a better person than that person and the person who is getting bullied by the prideful person who thinks of them self as the greatest(No offense to any of you i have none thing against you and never will i’m just talking about humanity in general this is going to be long so if you don’t want to read after this part then have a great day and if your ever thinking about suicide or any type of self harm then know there always someone with you and your never alone even though it may seem like it your not alone.)Now as i was saying pride is a human fault if you can see i’m not talking about the dark web or red rooms anymore we are born with defaults even the most perfect person in the world has a fault some would say we where born with sins the original sin inherited by Adam(the farther of humanity the seed of us all)Now for a religion lesson! Note if you don’t want to see this part this quit reading and i’m very deeply sorry if you fount this offensive in anyway however it was my personal opinion that you can not talk about human faults and not bring up Adam and Eve and the fall of humanity. Note i’m going to be discussing Christianity and the Bible. Now so God created Adam at first and was to live forever along as he obeyed god commands now God created EVE to be Adams wife they where to live forever in the garden of Eve now God only had one request of Adam and Eve don’t eat the apple off the tree one day while Eve was picking out of the garden and serpent came and talked to her this serpent was Satan Aka the devil or Lucifer also known as the dragon we have all heard of him and his rebellion against God and the war in heaven now this battle ended with Satan and his ‘angels’ known as the fallen angels or known to us as Demons being defeated and cast to Hell. However Satan is on earth along with his ‘angels’ tempting humanity into sin(rebellion against god)god can not stand sin and he is pure and holy and soon as we are born we have sinned. Now some humans worry that when there small children die due to a tragic event that they go to Hell because of the original sin this is false because god knows children do not know any better and if they die they go to heaven and are raised by angels now if any of you have had a miss carriage or have had a child or anyone close to you die then i’m deeply sorry about your lost and know its going to be o’k see god did not want his creations to go to Hell it was created for Satan and his demons however got couldn't stand sin so he had to come up with a savior so he created Jesus is only son and the only sin free human Jesus lived so he could be the escape plan humanity needed he died on the cross for mine and yours sins he died so we could live and have the promise of life after death with him now for you out there who are fighting with someone right now i know its not my place but try to forgive them even if its hard and they truly hurt you Jesus forgave the humans who killed him in cold blood how could you do any less hear is the words Jesus spoke when being crucified “Forgive them farther they know not what they do” and a second one is however not from his near death “Do not judge and you shall not be judged do not condemn and you shall not be condemned forgive and you shall be forgiven” I known its not my place to shove a religion down your neck and i hope i’m not over stepping. Now you should know there is so sin that can not be forgiven through the lord Jesus Christ but one blaspheme against the holy ghost(refusing god and truly meaning it in your heart) Now theirs a time limit on Jesus's offer when your face to face with the grim reaper is the only time it’s to late now to all you people out there saying judgment day is upon us repent while you can no one knows when the day of the lord will come not even the son so quit trying to scare people hears a quote about the day of the lord “anyone not found written in the book of life let them be cast into the lake of fire”

Thanks for reading sorry if i offended you have a great day and know someone always cares.Note I wasn't saying that I would evade the law I was saying how that would go

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

loquacius posted:

Yeah, what the hell lead to that one limp?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, what the hell lead to that one limp?

If I was a bettin' man probably:

limp_cheese posted:

When I was younger I was curious if putting salt on my dick and having a deer lick it off would feel good. Alcohol was obviously involved with a healthy dose of my friends egging me on. So there I was, in the snow, with my pants down and salt on my dick when a deer came up. It took some coaxing but eventually we convinced the deer to start licking and it did feel good. Like getting a BJ from a girl with a large, flat tongue. Anyways, I forgot where I was up until the point when I cummed on its face. It obviously didn't take kindly to that and kicked me in the chest while running away. I was lucky I didn't break any ribs but it left a nasty bruise for months.

My friend's never let me live that one down.

followed by the 'its just a prank bro' backtracking

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd be willing to believe that was a joke and didn't happen. Deer don't just walk up and start licking salt covered dicks. If they did hunters would never go home.

420 SWAGLORD
Apr 20, 2014

saban bajramovic

Farg posted:

The terrorists who did 9/11 were very evil people

No one wakes up in the morning thinking "ahh, another great day of being crazy/evil. better get going, lot of innocent people to hurt" They each have stories as real as your own and motivations you can't pretend to understand. Starting from a 9/11 conspiracy angle made this weird, it's a polarizing example and beside the point. Keeping potential US complicity out of it entirely, think of what went into an attack like that. At least dozens of people, hundreds of thousands of dollars, years of planning. 19 men didn't just all snap one day for no reason and buy some plane tickets. There's more going on than just 'evil people acting crazy' no matter how you look at it. Not with 9/11, with the world we live in.

If we're doing the armchair psychiatrist thing still, I think people want to deny just how weird and complex human interactions are at a modern, global scale and often choose sheltered, simplistic narratives like 'us vs them' or 'luck of the draw' or something along those lines. There is a whole lot going on, and none of us can really process even a percent of it. That doesn't mean it's not happening.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

loquacius posted:

At least his av still has a blind eye on display

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

Remember an old iteration of this thread when there was an unironic JEWS DID 9/11 person and I tried arguing with him and it actually worked

because I'm still proud of that

Did we do that? Totally missed the memo.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Sagebrush posted:

We still don't know how rare earth-like planets are. We're starting to find planets that look like they might be in the same sort of zone that makes it possible for them to have liquid water, but we have no idea if they're all lush gardens or featureless waterworlds or dessicated hellscapes. Maybe our planet is desirable just because it's already set up for complex life with the right kind of temperature and biologically-maintained oxygen levels and everything and so the aliens don't have to gently caress around with the terraforming.

Nah. A species with the technological capacity for meaningful interstellar travel in the actual real universe (not sci-fi land) would be beyond the need for planets. Like, it'd be way easier for them to process a random stars asteroids or oort cloud into billions of perfect space habitats.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

420 SWAGLORD posted:

No one wakes up in the morning thinking "ahh, another great day of being crazy/evil. better get going, lot of innocent people to hurt" They each have stories as real as your own and motivations you can't pretend to understand. Starting from a 9/11 conspiracy angle made this weird, it's a polarizing example and beside the point. Keeping potential US complicity out of it entirely, think of what went into an attack like that. At least dozens of people, hundreds of thousands of dollars, years of planning. 19 men didn't just all snap one day for no reason and buy some plane tickets. There's more going on than just 'evil people acting crazy' no matter how you look at it. Not with 9/11, with the world we live in.

If we're doing the armchair psychiatrist thing still, I think people want to deny just how weird and complex human interactions are at a modern, global scale and often choose sheltered, simplistic narratives like 'us vs them' or 'luck of the draw' or something along those lines. There is a whole lot going on, and none of us can really process even a percent of it. That doesn't mean it's not happening.

sure, but what i'm trying to say is that the terrorists involved in 9/11 were very evil people

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Von_Doom posted:

Did we do that? Totally missed the memo.

He was doing the good ol' "I heard Mossad agents were videotaped cheering on 9/11, so I'm 100% convinced Israel did it, but no you can't see the tape it's a secret and it lives in Canada" routine

Launching an attack on the Jewish capital of America in order to provoke an American war with two countries Israel has no interest or stake in seems like kind of a weird strategy for Israel, of course, but you know how it is, rhetorical focus be continuously shifting all the time

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Motherfucker posted:

If I was a bettin' man probably:

followed by the 'its just a prank bro' backtracking

That was it. I was just bored and talking about how deer are assholes. When another poster asked me where the deer touched me I didn't want to just say "My penis." So I came up with that and voila, new avatar and red text. I'll get rid of it eventually and go back to the Kratos one someone made me but for now I'm just enjoying(?) my first red text.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

loquacius posted:

He was doing the good ol' "I heard Mossad agents were videotaped cheering on 9/11, so I'm 100% convinced Israel did it, but no you can't see the tape it's a secret and it lives in Canada" routine

Launching an attack on the Jewish capital of America in order to provoke an American war with two countries Israel has no interest or stake in seems like kind of a weird strategy for Israel, of course, but you know how it is, rhetorical focus be continuously shifting all the time

The number of actual dead office workers of Jewish descent is quite large. BUT THEY ALL GOT SECRETLY WARNED

Only the bosses (idk if Jewish) weren't in the office yet.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I mean Id just loving own it like morally inept did at this point because ill never ever seenyour UN and not go "thats the dude who face hosed a deer."

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Conspiracy theories make a lot of sense when you consider people's idea of an 'evil organisation' is almost literally COBRA.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

420 SWAGLORD posted:

lol @ this idiotic response. "for no reason" means that from the target's perspective, a terrorist attack takes place with no warning, with no incitement, and targets random innocent people who have no reason to think of themselves as targets. that's basically the dictionary definition of a terrorist attack. the entire point is to incite fear (why, it's even in the name!) and some people can't handle that and turn it into conspiracy theories instead. it doesn't mean that "oops a plane flew into the tower and nobody know why!!! OOPS!!" jesus fuckin hell

anyway, your rush to defend the 9/11 hijackers' motives has made me pretty curious about your mental state. as follow-up questions, would you say that the people who planned and executed the 9/11 terrorist attacks are

a) evil
or
b) not evil?

and would you say that flying a passenger jetliner into a skyscraper is

a) a rational, normal human response to political frustration, or
or
b) totally loving insane?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Sagebrush posted:

a) a rational, normal human response to political frustration, or
or
b) totally loving insane?

Devils avacado here but like, that depends on the political situation.

the fcc trying to take my net neutrality away makes me angry. the american army droping a bomb on my kids makes me 'fly a jet airliner into a skyscraper' angry.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
the terrorists who participated in the 9/11 attacks were across the board, all horrific human beings regardless of their motive

only goons would not understand that

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Jon Hamm doesn't believe in underwear. https://www.metro.us/entertainment/celebrities/jon-hamm-underwear-commando

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Motherfucker posted:

Devils avacado

Mods? TIA

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Farg posted:

the terrorists who participated in the 9/11 attacks were across the board, all horrific human beings regardless of their motive

only goons would not understand that

Ask him about the men trying to convert the world into a single caliphate through violence so they can gang rape and stone women to death for having the audacity to get raped by someone else first.

"They're not evil, that's just, like, their perspective man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

blarzgh posted:

Ask him about the men trying to convert the world into a single caliphate through violence so they can gang rape and stone women to death for having the audacity to get raped by someone else first.

"They're not evil, that's just, like, their perspective man."

But enough about fundies.