Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
So Feige said the Infinity War films will end the current MCU storyline? Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

viral spiral posted:

And what a boring slog this storyline has been! Half the MCU movies have nothing to do with the other half.

And Thanos? He was introduced as the Big Bad Guy years ago and we're just now getting to it!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Who would be the next big baddie in a decade for the phase 2 avengers?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

got any sevens posted:

kang the conquerer? i forget if they have his rights or if he counts as an f4 guy

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

LesterGroans posted:

They really lucked out there.

Krasinski was basically Captain America in 13 Hours.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

teagone posted:

Krasinski was basically Captain America in 13 Hours.

Yeah, and I enjoyed him in it, but he wasn't even the best Captain America in that movie. I'd take a Pablo Schreiber or a James Badge Dale Cap over a Krasinski one. He definitely got jacked as hell though.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Brother Entropy posted:

kang the conquerer? i forget if they have his rights or if he counts as an f4 guy

I figure Marvel is counting on getting the F4 rights back so they can do Galactus.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

got any sevens posted:

Shuma-Gorath is the thought I keep coming to for that.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

got any sevens posted:

Paste Pot Pete.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Brother Entropy posted:

IIRC when it came up last time he was a F4 rights guy.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
Punisher season 2: Punisher vs Moon Knight also featuring Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

got any sevens posted:

Beyonder. With DC breaking ties with Zach Snyder, Marvel will pick him up and we'll get a Zach Snyder Battleworld movie and I will die a happy man

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I wish they could get the FF rights so they can adapt Hickmans Avengers storyline.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

viral spiral posted:

He also said they have 20 movies planned after Infinity War.

Phantom Star
Feb 16, 2005

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Beyonder. With DC breaking ties with Zach Snyder, Marvel will pick him up and we'll get a Zach Snyder Battleworld movie and I will die a happy man

Squadron Supreme will be the new big bad guys. To build it up, they'll have Zach Snyder make a Hyperion movie, followed by Nighthawk vs Hyperion: Supreme Beginnings.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mechafunkzilla posted:

I think he has a better chance with Lucasfilm, considering that he's friends with JJ Abrams and the guy who co-wrote BvS and JL is now rewriting Episode 9 with JJ.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The thought is awesome but you thought WB was rough with Justice League, I can only imagine how Disney would gut his film. But that said, they'll probably have the good graces of having him film the reshoots and let him keep his visual style.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The thought of a Snyder directed MCU or Star Wars films gets me all :gizz:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

teagone posted:

The thought of a Snyder directed MCU or Star Wars films gets me all :gizz:

I mean in reality I'd rather he be working with a studio that gives him enough creative freedom to make the movies he wants to make. In other words, not Marvel or Disney.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'd much rather see him direct something in the Legendary Pictures(?) Godzilla universe. Mothra vs Ghidorah or something.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

I'd much rather see him direct something in the Legendary Pictures(?) Godzilla universe. Mothra vs Ghidorah or something.

[nodding intensifies]

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Shuma-Gorath is the thought I keep coming to for that.
This would be insanely awesome

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Vegetable posted:

This would be insanely awesome

He's basically the same thing as MCU Dormammu though.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Any situation where John "I made my career on being Martin Freeman but not as good" Krasinski lost work is a net gain for civilization
Basically I'm saying the American office is generic will they or won't they sitcom garbage. People that prefer it to the U.K. version genuinely deserve to be eaten alive by rats

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Any situation where John "I made my career on being Martin Freeman but not as good" Krasinski lost work is a net gain for civilization
Basically I'm saying the American office is generic will they or won't they sitcom garbage. People that prefer it to the U.K. version genuinely deserve to be eaten alive by rats

Overall it's about as good but only the first two seasons.

Kaveman
Jul 25, 2009

NEVER!!!

Zack Synder sucks please lord keep him away from Marvel or Star Wars. He's already hosed one franchise

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Kaveman posted:

Zack Synder sucks please lord keep him away from Marvel or Star Wars. He's already hosed one franchise

Well, he's certainly no *squints, looks at posting history* Vince McMahon when it comes to crafting a story

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Whoever did the Immortals movie should do a Flash movie

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Away all Goats posted:

Whoever did the Immortals movie should do a Flash movie

Tarsem Singh. And yes he would probably do great things with a superhero movie, but it's never going to happen.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Kaveman posted:

Actually, Zack Snyder is a talented filmmaker and would make a great MCU or Star Wars film imo.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Jimbot posted:

The thought is awesome but you thought WB was rough with Justice League, I can only imagine how Disney would gut his film. But that said, they'll probably have the good graces of having him film the reshoots and let him keep his visual style.

I mean, for all the bluster people kick up over Disney oppressing directirial vision, the last 4 WB hero films have had extreme reshoots, color correction, directors leaving the project, and giant tonal shifts. Whereas all the Marvel films lay out their requirements beforehand, which is basically "work with Kevin Fiege so the film fits serially with the others".

Like, it seems less like Disney is strangling marvel films, and more that they've given Fiege incredible artistic control over an entire franchise of films.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Punkin Spunkin posted:

The UK office sucks

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The American office isn't really will they/won't they, that gets resolved by season 3, they do.

I guess it continues to kind of have it as a plot for rotating characters, Dwight/Angela, Ed Helms/Kimmy Schmidt, Kimmy Schmidt/Jim 2.0, but honestly I'd only say the last one really counts and they hook up within a few episodes

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Kaveman posted:

Oh yes, please do not let Snyder anywhere near Star Wars, we wouldn't want him to disrupt the process that is churning out such gems as Episode 7,a truly riveting piece of cinema that is not at all a reheating of the left overs of our nostalgia and a creatively bankrupt cashgrab :rolleyes:

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Since when did WB sever ties with Zack Snyder?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

McCloud posted:

Oh yes, please do not let Snyder anywhere near Star Wars, we wouldn't want him to disrupt the process that is churning out such gems as Episode 7,a truly riveting piece of cinema that is not at all a reheating of the left overs of our nostalgia and a creatively bankrupt cashgrab :rolleyes:

Star War 7: Star War 2 was pretty good.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Remember those rumors that Zack Snyder was going to direct a Star Wars standalone film based off Seven Samurai, except it'd be seven Jedi protecting an entire planet? I want that. I'd want Snyder to go full on HAM nuts and make it like a tall tale set in the Star Wars universe, borrowing imagery and choreography from Tartakovsky's animated Clone War shorts, and have the Jedi do wacky Force poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY&t=236s

halwain
May 31, 2011
Heres the Infinity war trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

He's basically the same thing as MCU Dormammu though.

He'd be an appropriate next step up, if nothing else. Strange's cast of villains seems like the best bet for a villain even bigger and badder than Thanos, in my opinion. With Kang being tied up in F4 rights, I have a hard time thinking of who could be a plausible new super-Avengers bad guy on the level of Thanos.

And I'd really love to see Shuma-Gorath done well on the big screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

It looks like a mess but I also want to see how this pans out. Looks like there won't be very much Guardians.

• Locked thread