Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Gross non season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Gross non season

Lowly seasoners, unable to enjoy the divine heights of ten thousand paragons.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Nervous posted:

Lowly seasoners, unable to enjoy the divine heights of ten thousand paragons.

:stare: who even NEEDS that much strength?!

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
someone who doesnt live near a gym that's who

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
I have pretty decent UE Multishot gear on my DH, and blow through GR70 in 3 minutes, but hit a wall in the mid 80s, because I get 1 shot by T13 level mobs. I saw the N6M4 build posted on reddit, and with the exception of a well rolled Nat ancient weapon, I had some pretty mediocre Natalya/Marauder gear in my stash and cleared a 90 quite easily. I'm surprised that a build that is so easy to push with wasn't on the radar at the start of the season.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
Pretty much all the sets have g90 clearing potential from the power creep. Look at the leaderboards and you'll see g110s being worked on.

It's a fun time

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

TyrantWD posted:

I have pretty decent UE Multishot gear on my DH, and blow through GR70 in 3 minutes, but hit a wall in the mid 80s, because I get 1 shot by T13 level mobs. I saw the N6M4 build posted on reddit, and with the exception of a well rolled Nat ancient weapon, I had some pretty mediocre Natalya/Marauder gear in my stash and cleared a 90 quite easily. I'm surprised that a build that is so easy to push with wasn't on the radar at the start of the season.

Could you post a link to your build? I have all this untouched Marauder and Nats gear sitting in my stash but have basically never taken off the Shadow build since I got the final pieces. Might be good to try something else.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Hey thread, figured this would be the address for a general question:

Haven't played Diablo 3 since probably 2013, came back to grab "the" expansion pack, because I'd never bought RoS, and I see that there's a separate expansion for the necromancer.

Is RoS a must-have, and would it be fine to just do a couple of playthroughs with a Necromancer or some other class (Since it seems I've only ever played a witch doctor and monk), or are both expansions worth their money? I'm kinda pissed I missed a sale recently, but if they're genuinely both worth their money, I'd probably grab them.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
RoS IS the whole game at this point so it’s mandatory, Necromancer pack was so good they had to rebalance the rest of the game to be as good.

There’s some tinfoil-hattedness assuming it was to push the Necromancer sales, but I tend to think it’s because the Necromancer and it’s sets were designed by people who made this version of diablo 3, and all the old sets were designed by the old guard and weren’t really designed optimally because no one was playing the game optimally back then

If you like Diablo at all just get both IMO

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Diablo isn't worth playing without RoS. The necromancer is just that, an extra class. So if you're fine playing one of the other 6 classes you can skip the necro for now.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Ah, okay, so the Necromancer pack doesn't add anything I'd miss on a Crusader playthrough?

I guess I'll just grab RoS for now, get my beak wet with a Crusader and some other class, and if I fancy it, I'll grab the Necromancer pack.

Though I loving love Necromancers, soooooooo it might just end up being both, welp.

/edit:

Last question: Are sites that sell licenses cheaper than Blizzard as legit as those selling OEM windows licenses? I'm seeing some licenses for RoS as cheap as 12 Euros vis-a-vis 19.99 via Blizzard.

If there's a decent site for those licenses (Kinguin?), I'll probably just end up grabbing both expansions immediately.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Nov 29, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah no reason to buy necromancer at this point.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
I didn't see if anyone said something because I skimmed, but just to make it clear, if you buy RoS you will be able to see everything in the game, including all Necromancer stuff from people who bought it, and are playing in your game. However, without the Necromancer pack purchased, you can't play/use anything Necromancer.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

euphronius posted:

Yeah no reason to buy necromancer at this point.

Except that it’s extremely fun and cool?

Now that the dust has settled, the Necromancer is just a perfect middle ground between the Wizard and the Witch Doctor and Diablo 3 is definitely better for its inclusion

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
I have a couple of questions regarding my gear.

I put a level 50 dex augment on my ancient gloves earlier. If I were to do that again, would they both stack, or would it do nothing?

I also got my 1st primal ancient today, it seems to be decent enough, but I was wondering what, if anything, I should re-roll. I'm thinking swap the armor for all resist, but I'm wondering if there might be a better option.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Bust Rodd posted:

Now that the dust has settled, the Necromancer is just a perfect middle ground between the Wizard and the Witch Doctor and Diablo 3 is definitely better for its inclusion

You say that but 120s bullet dodger then cooldown the screen dead is a boring as gently caress playstyle, so I hope they stop the super long cooldown based builds.

I do like that, generally, they didn't do an ultimate form ability with the top builds so my barbie doll stays visible the whole time because transmogs are the real game.

DrSeRRoD
Apr 5, 2008

biscuits and crazy posted:

I put a level 50 dex augment on my ancient gloves earlier. If I were to do that again, would they both stack, or would it do nothing?

Augments overwrite each other.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bust Rodd posted:

I'm talking to a guy who seems strained over spending 20$ and has never played the game .

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

biscuits and crazy posted:

I have a couple of questions regarding my gear.

I also got my 1st primal ancient today, it seems to be decent enough, but I was wondering what, if anything, I should re-roll. I'm thinking swap the armor for all resist, but I'm wondering if there might be a better option.

Gonna set somebody off because that's one of the few primals where an ancient is better supposedly because you want 3 bounces. :toot: I wouldn't reroll it but you would probably want armor rolled off for all resist.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

McCoy Pauley posted:

Could you post a link to your build? I have all this untouched Marauder and Nats gear sitting in my stash but have basically never taken off the Shadow build since I got the final pieces. Might be good to try something else.

I followed this build:

http://www.diablofans.com/builds/96575-hc-n6-m4-dh-cold-sentry-applies-to-sc-too

Vakal
May 11, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

I saw the N6M4 build posted on reddit, and with the exception of a well rolled Nat ancient weapon, I had some pretty mediocre Natalya/Marauder gear in my stash and cleared a 90 quite easily. I'm surprised that a build that is so easy to push with wasn't on the radar at the start of the season.

I was curious about how this build works, since on paper it seems inherently inferior to just a pure marauder build.

But taking ***Diablo 3 Math*** into consideration, I'm assuming the marauder's +15,000% increase to skill damage actually puts out less damage than Nat's +3,500% increase to total damage?

Vakal fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Nov 29, 2017

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Vakal posted:

I was curious about how this build works, since on paper it seems inherently inferior to just a pure marauder build.

But taking ***Diablo 3 Math*** into consideration, I'm assuming the marauder's +15,000% increase to skill damage actually puts out less damage than Nat's +3,500% increase to total damage?

Probably that RoV also reduces damage taken by 60% while active, overshadows the extra damage at high GR. That’s my guess at least.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Vakal posted:

Nat's increases all damage you do while the Marauder bonus is your personal, non sentry damage. The Nat + Marauder build is primarily about doing a bunch of sentry damage.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Mazz posted:

Probably that RoV also reduces damage taken by 60% while active, overshadows the extra damage at high GR. That’s my guess at least.

Possibly, but you could swap an elusive ring in place of nat's ring and get the same effect.

I think it has more to do with sentry mechanics.

Going by the wording for the Marauder set bonus. Your sentries are only hitting for 400% increased damage each which isn't that much so the majority of your damage is coming from your own attack which is boosted by 15,000%. Or 17,000% total if all projectiles hit the same target.

But for the Nat's variant, I guess all your sentries get the 3,500% damage bonus, so for 5 sentries firing that would be 17,500% with your own attack getting 3,500% as well, which together would be more than just pure marauders. How the sentries 4pc +400% increase works into that I don't know.

This is just some quick and dirty math and is probably off base. I haven't tested anything in game yet.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Part of it is that it's super tanky. You have the Nat's DR AND the Zoey DR whereas normal Marauder will only have the one. As well, basically all of the damage is coming from the sentries, so that means you can hide a screen away and plink at walls and kill things just fine.

The other part is that, yeah, M4 and N6 multiply together in a pretty silly manner. Pure M6 basically needs to be using the grenade belt as well to actually top out on damage.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, I have no idea how the math actually works out since I'm an idiot, but the hybrid build is way sturdier and puts out the same or better damage. It's way better overall if you have the parts for it.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I knew augments would make my guys stronger, but god drat I didn't appreciate how much of a difference it would make. Decided to bump my speedruns grifts up 10 levels to 85 and it is not appreciably harder or slower.

deano
Sep 6, 2000

Beasteh posted:

Is there an LLJK equivalent for Eurotrash

Started a Eurogoons community thing im sure theres a few of us filthy euros that still play this dead game

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Not drinking many beers anymore has significantly cut into my “level a gem by doing a level 25 rift, drink a beer, add ten levels, drink another beer, repeat...and see how high the gem is at 11:30 am the next day” routine

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Bust Rodd posted:

The necromancer is pandora's box. Playing it and seeing how insanely OP it melts rift guardians and elites makes other classes less fun, but the necromancer itself is extremely poorly designed and not that fun.

This is the class that has several builds that have trouble dealing with doors, a skill that makes using a keyboard macro or numlock mandatory, and two sets that play the exact same way. If they removed land of the dead from the game it would probably be one of the weakest classes.

That being said, if you play it going back to other classes and pushing grifts just isn't the same. Not to mention, if your buddies play necromancer the best 2p and 3p builds (hell even speed 4p build) are just more necromancers, because land of the dead is so insane.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Vomik posted:

This is the class that has several builds that have trouble dealing with doors

Oddly enough this is not a problem on consoles because the right stick roll mechanic breaks objects, including doors. Did they ever add that to PC?

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oddly enough this is not a problem on consoles because the right stick roll mechanic breaks objects, including doors. Did they ever add that to PC?
:negative:

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nope

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

Maker Of Shoes posted:

nooooo :(

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Well poo poo, that sucks. :(

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Trouble dealing with doors?

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
obviously not playing a BARBARIAN then

"RAAWRR!!!"

"Die!"

"You wilt against my blows!"

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Trouble dealing with doors?

The super high grift builds for necro only have 1 attack and that 1 attack requires a corpse so if you're playing LoD and only popping it for elites you literally have no way to open the door.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Helltooth gargs also has this problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking