Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

teagone posted:

Remember those rumors that Zack Snyder was going to direct a Star Wars standalone film based off Seven Samurai, except it'd be seven Jedi protecting an entire planet? I want that. I'd want Snyder to go full on HAM nuts and make it like a tall tale set in the Star Wars universe, borrowing imagery and choreography from Tartakovsky's animated Clone War shorts, and have the Jedi do wacky Force poo poo like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ToztqqDcaY&t=236s

This already happened

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB_2xwxkMkM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-9OPULmrFE&t=5s

It was a good homage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I was really getting Oceans 11 vibes from that giant CG battle in the middle of a deserted field.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man

Vegetable posted:

It looks like a mess but I also want to see how this pans out. Looks like there won't be very much Guardians.

I know the early stages of production -reason and all, but Thanos looks like poo poo. Like, not much better than Steppenwolf did. Other than that it looks like every other Avengers trailer, only this time there are consequences, people!

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

The Dave posted:

I was really getting Oceans 11 vibes from that giant CG battle in the middle of a deserted field.

I too got a very seven samurai feel from watching a heist movie.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I just noticed War Machine is in that shot with Cap running in the thumbnail. I didn't even see him when I was watching the trailer lmao.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

This looks like poo poo.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Avengers 4: The One Where No One Wanted To Spend More Than An Hour in The Makeup Trailer

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

not trolled not crying posted:

I know the early stages of production -reason and all, but Thanos looks like poo poo.

I wouldn't even say that's a valid excuse. They've had that shot in the Comic Con trailer and there's no doubt they've been paying a lot of attention to it since it's his big public reveal.

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

I think he looks a bit uninspired but not outright bad. Apocalypse looked way worse as far as big purple dudes go.

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Have they made Thanos a different shade of purple from what he looked like in the first Guardians-movie? I thought he looked better in that one (edit: in general design, not in details). He doesn't have his helmet in these trailer shots, and he seems to look like a different shade of purple. His voicelines seem a bit generic "I AM THE UBER EVIL GUY, HERE'S MY TRAILER MONOLOGUE".

Electromax
May 6, 2007

The Cameo posted:

Avengers 4: The One Where No One Wanted To Spend More Than An Hour in The Makeup Trailer

They'll probably kill off Captain America, Widow and Hawkeye to clear the way for more people that can just be entirely CGI:

He was like a cabbage in 2012:

And lost his weird crown from I dunno, 2015?

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

I just realized he's dressed up in what is basically a black wifebeater. Not the style of shirt I'd expect some sort of mad intergalactic dictator to wear.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SpiritOfLenin posted:

I just realized he's dressed up in what is basically a black wifebeater. Not the style of shirt I'd expect some sort of mad intergalactic dictator to wear.

He’s going for minimalism. He’s so obsessed with the gauntlet he gets caught wearing nothing else. Infinity is actually a hard R and will rival Watchmen in the CGI blue naked dude department.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

SpiritOfLenin posted:

Thanos isn't really a dictator, he just has a huge crush on Death (the literal character representation of death) and has been making bigger and bigger murderpocalypse scenarios in the supervillain equivalent of "love-drunk kid stands outside your window with a boombox" displays.

I think he's been a ruler once or twice, and IIRC they went exactly how letting someone trying to get Death to notice them be your ruler would go (i.e him getting them all killed).

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Neurolimal posted:

Thanos isn't really a dictator, he just has a huge crush on Death (the literal character representation of death) and has been making bigger and bigger murderpocalypse scenarios in the supervillain equivalent of "love-drunk kid stands outside your window with a boombox" displays.

I think he's been a ruler once or twice, and IIRC they went exactly how letting someone trying to get Death to notice them be your ruler would go (i.e him getting them all killed).

Also he keeps getting cucked by Deadpool, because he still hasn't realised that the key to a womans, uh, ribs (?) is butt jokes.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Nephthys posted:

Also he keeps getting cucked by Deadpool, because he still hasn't realised that the key to a womans, uh, ribs (?) is butt jokes.

Just have Tony Stark bang death in front of Thanos at the end of the film to drive him away from Earth.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Another armies running at each other scene. Why? Is not having fellowship and HFR/future Avatars worth it to not have Peter Jackson get the LotR franchise? As great as he can be, it sure made the rest of the industry lazy in regards to action direction.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

He’s going for minimalism. He’s so obsessed with the gauntlet he gets caught wearing nothing else. Infinity is actually a hard R and will rival Watchmen in the CGI blue naked dude department.

We gettin' purple dong?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

teagone posted:

We gettin' purple dong?

New thread title please.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Godawful. Let me find the schoolbus scene from Godzila 2014.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Way ahead of you.

https://youtu.be/TVebFvR0pNM

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Thanos is more of a wildcard rear end in a top hat than some Darkseid conqueror type

He'll get a gang of crazies together and invade a world, but not usually because he wants to take the world over but because there's something on the world he wants or because he wants to kill the world as a gift for his girlfriend (Death)

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I will say though, the hairpiece on Chris Evans is immaculate.

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

Glad Pete threw away that perfectly good costume and put on that wax mid 00s CGI thing

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Vishass posted:

Glad Pete threw away that perfectly good costume and put on that wax mid 00s CGI thing

Yeah now he wont become a smear when Thanos looks at him funny. Its a great idea to wear armor when fighting people who are like 3 leagues above you.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

That shot of the Muto plunging out the clouds is so good argh :kingsley:

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

I like the rack focus shot of Parker. Everything else looks baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

teagone posted:

I'm fully expecting Cap to die. Though I wanted him to go out like a boss wielding Mjolnir with his shield.

That would be maybe cool, but Evans is probably the best part of Marvel's thing in terms of taking it seriously. And I doubt that they would let him steal Thor's thunder(HUR HUR HUR) that way.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I hope they make out. Chris and Chris. :swoon:

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

MrJacobs posted:

Yeah now he wont become a smear when Thanos looks at him funny. Its a great idea to wear armor when fighting people who are like 3 leagues above you.

Yeah, that was definitely my problem with the costume change

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Vishass posted:

Yeah, that was definitely my problem with the costume change

Yeah I wish we had the silver suit from the 90s but that poo poo wasn't gonna fly.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Someone do an analysis as to why Loki in Ragnarok looks more like Tommy Wiseau than ever.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Captain America HAS to die so that at the very very very very end in humanity's darkest hour he can inexplicably appear again and finally scream "Avengers! Assemble!"

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Mordiceius posted:

Someone do an analysis as to why Loki in Ragnarok looks more like Tommy Wiseau than ever.

Marvel was confused and upset as to why people found him more attractive than Thor.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
avengars : infinite war looks so bad. like it is a TV show amirite. it just looks so flats and evenly lit. fuckin josh weedon. the musak isnt even hummable.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just hope Captain America reveals his mutant power to breathe in space

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

UmOk posted:

avengars : infinite war looks so bad. like it is a TV show amirite. it just looks so flats and evenly lit. fuckin josh weedon. the musak isnt even hummable.

Are you okay?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Mordiceius posted:

I was just thinking this the other day.

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'll watch the trailer on my lunch break but the thumbnail looks real tiresome already. but then it is called infinity war so i dunno what i expected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
That teaser is making the Age of Ultron teaser look better by comparison. James Spader is way better at doing the bad guy trailer voice.

• Locked thread