Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

I liked how Ant-Man was in basically every scene in that trailer. You've just gotta squint to see him.

Real talk though, I don't know what's wrong with me because unlike almost every goon in this thread so far, I loved that trailer. I must be the target audience for this bullshit. Seeing that ensemble cast in a CGI cluster gently caress where no one but a handful of characters will get more than a few minutes of screen time must be entirely my poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I think it's pretty cool they're going to rip the infinity stone out of Vision's head after establishing his relationship with Scarlett witch. Sucks to be him but what are you gonna do

The big CGI fight against mindless cannon fodder is super overplayed. Lame.

Hope there's more to this first part of infinity war because I get the feeling I just saw the whole movie.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

As someone who has been out of it with Marvel films (last one I saw was Civil War). Did they just give up giving Scarlett Jo bad wigs to wear and just let her go with her natural hair color?

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Jimbot posted:

As someone who has been out of it with Marvel films (last one I saw was Civil War). Did they just give up giving Scarlett Jo bad wigs to wear and just let her go with her natural hair color?

She's had a different hair style each movie, so they're just staying consistent.

But ya, probably.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

AndyElusive posted:

Real talk though, I don't know what's wrong with me because unlike almost every goon in this thread so far, I loved that trailer. I must be the target audience for this bullshit. Seeing that ensemble cast in a CGI cluster gently caress where no one but a handful of characters will get more than a few minutes of screen time must be entirely my poo poo.

I am also excited

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That trailer was amazing, ya'll are dumb as usual.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

935 posted:

Hope there's more to this first part of infinity war because I get the feeling I just saw the whole movie.

I thought Marvel dropped part 2 and was just going to combine everything into one movie?

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I thought Marvel dropped part 2 and was just going to combine everything into one movie?
They're just not calling them Part 1 and Part 2. Avengers 4 will still be Thanos doing poo poo with the Infinity Stones, it just won't be called Infinity War.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I'm not going to watch it (the trailer). If I see this movie I'd rather not already basically know everything about it.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Crows Turn Off posted:

They're just not calling them Part 1 and Part 2. Avengers 4 will still be Thanos doing poo poo with the Infinity Stones, it just won't be called Infinity War.

Yeah, the Russos said they can't reveal the title for Avengers 4 because it would be a massive spoiler for Infinity War. lawl

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Avengers: Return of Captain America Who is Now Thor Because He Lifted the Hammer Which Was Rebuilt by Wonder Man the Reincarnated Human Form of Vision Who Died in the Second Act and Came Back in the Third in the Last Movie

really rolls off the tongue

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Timby posted:

Yeah, the Russos said they can't reveal the title for Avengers 4 because it would be a massive spoiler for Infinity War. lawl

it'll be avengers: disassembled because 3 will end with them getting dunked on

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

I said come in! posted:

That trailer was amazing, ya'll are dumb as usual.

Did you even watch that trailer? I clearly said "Marvel" at the beginning.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

UmOk posted:

Did you even watch that trailer? I clearly said "Marvel" at the beginning.

Are you OK? We're all here for you if you need someone to talk to.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Timby posted:

I'm kind of expecting Part 1 to end with Thanos having 4/5 stones and the title of Part 2 being something about the fifth stone.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

AndyElusive posted:

I liked how Ant-Man was in basically every scene in that trailer. You've just gotta squint to see him.

Most characters are only onscreen for a minute or two in any movie. The only difference here is that ‘Waitress #2’ and ‘Bus Driver’ are international brand identities, complete with logos.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Someone said it's a callback to the second Black Widow, Yelena Belova. Who knows she probably might even use that as an alias in IW

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The main rumour is that it's called Infinity Gauntlet.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Lmao that they managed to make the character designs even more drab and homogenized than what I knew about what I made this tweet

https://twitter.com/HannahYoleau/status/935180279077097473

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Timby posted:

Avengers: Fantastic 4

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
Was anybody else turned off by the Star Trek-like music that played during the Avengers: Infinity War logo reveal in that trailer?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Vegetable posted:

It looks like a mess but I also want to see how this pans out. Looks like there won't be very much Guardians.

I don't know that scene seems like it could be early in the movie.

After Ranarok Thor is captured by Thanos but escapes and is picked up by the Guardians who he convinces to go to Earth to stop Thanos.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

The Avengers theme song is Real Bad ™

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

The Dave posted:

I'm kind of expecting Part 1 to end with Thanos having 4/5 stones and the title of Part 2 being something about the fifth stone.
Well, there are 6 Stones, but yeah. The only one we don't know about yet is the Soul Stone.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

viral spiral posted:

Was anybody else turned off by the Star Trek-like music that played during the Avengers: Infinity War logo reveal in that trailer?

That's the theme sting that was used like 800 times in The Avengers and then only 600 times in Age of Ultron.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Timby posted:

That's the theme sting that was used like 800 times in The Avengers and then only 600 times in Age of Ultron.

It sounded different this time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

viral spiral posted:

It sounded different this time.

Just because it was at a different tempo.

Avengers theme (1:04 if the embed doesn't work):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VGJGXMUhmc&t=64s

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Crows Turn Off posted:

Well, there are 6 Stones, but yeah. The only one we don't know about yet is the Soul Stone.

Luke has the Soul stone in Last Jedi.

Hire me, Disney!

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I really resent whoever decided this greyish dull palette was the way to go for a bunch of comic loving book movies. Everybody looks like poo poo

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Pull up! Pull up!

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Something, something, it's a commentary on the use of CG backgrounds.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Crows Turn Off posted:

It's in Wakanda. According to leaks, it's the source of Black Panther's supernatural (as opposed to high tech) powers.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

The Avengers theme song is Real Bad ™

It's growing on me but no, not good. And like Star Trek? Well, lol, if only it were that good.

Reminds me of how wallpapery the music is in MCU movies.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Mordiceius posted:

Something, something, it's a commentary on the use of CG backgrounds.

You're tearing me apart Thor.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Is Thor 3 coming out on digital before avengers 4? I'd like to see it first but probably not going to in theaters

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I like that they flat out show us what everyone already knew was gonna happen to Vision.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I thought the trailer was good, the Russos have done a solid job with these movies so I'm excited to see what's next; also Vision made himself look like Paul Bettany which is kinda cool but also weird?

and the main takeaway is that Chris Evans looks good with or without facial hair. so jealous!!

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I know people absolutely loathe John Ottoman's X-Men theme but you have to admit that Avengers poo poo is bottom of the barrel. Worst of the worst, total stinker.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

LesterGroans posted:

I like that they flat out show us what everyone already knew was gonna happen to Vision.

I wonder if Vision will be part of the Mind Stone. As in, able to exert some small influence on Thanos' actions from within the Stone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There is one good comic book superhero theme and it is the theme from the 90s X-Men cartoon. They should just use that in every comic book movie.

• Locked thread