Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
I vaguely wander in and out of football and am constantly frustrated by how easy it is for all the players to get blown ACLs or other crazy injuries and derail a season but I still like to keep up sometimes and man am I just l laughing at loving Dan Snyder and Washington probably going to piss away the best quarterback they've had in forever because Snyder is butt hurt that RG3 failed. More years of wallowing in poo poo instead of building a team because the team is run by stupid assholes who know poo poo about player evaluation and anything other than jerking themselves off about how much power they have running the team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
This has been the worst football season of my life. I cannot express how much of a pile of stupid poo poo McAdoo is.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Coaches and GMs trying to save their jobs can be so, so poisonous.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Wait, you guys expect the Giants to announce, "Hey, we think Eli is done and we're releasing him after this season"?

I think that would be kind of rude. If Eli intends on retiring, it's his decision to announce.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

TheChirurgeon posted:

This isn't rocket science, guys. The Giants don't somehow believe Geno Smith will solve their problems. They're out of contention and so they're tanking. They're benching their 36 year-old QB so he won't get hurt playing some meaningless games, while maximizing their chances of losing a few games to get a better draft pick. The only reason they haven't said "We are deliberately tanking" is so they can avoid blowback from the league, NY sports media, and fans for tanking transparently, which is somehow considered worse than tanking but saying that you aren't.

If this is true, it's only to draft a QB anyway. Even with Eli starting, which games on the remaining schedule were they going to win? Raiders?

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Levitate posted:

I vaguely wander in and out of football and am constantly frustrated by how easy it is for all the players to get blown ACLs or other crazy injuries and derail a season but I still like to keep up sometimes and man am I just l laughing at loving Dan Snyder and Washington probably going to piss away the best quarterback they've had in forever because Snyder is butt hurt that RG3 failed. More years of wallowing in poo poo instead of building a team because the team is run by stupid assholes who know poo poo about player evaluation and anything other than jerking themselves off about how much power they have running the team
If you want a really good laugh search the thread for mentions of Mr Cousins and watch people actually want to get rid of him on this very forum

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

If you want a really good laugh search the thread for mentions of Mr Cousins and watch people actually want to get rid of him on this very forum

Well, in retrospect, they should have gotten rid of him. They've basically overpaid him for two years to not have any rights on his future and have been just good enough to not have early draft picks.

The decision was to sign him or not sign him. They half-assed it and now they are worse off than they were 2 years ago.

romanowski
Nov 10, 2012

sometimes I curse God for taking the wrong Dan Snyder from us

imagine the surging feelings of joy and optimism one would experience when reading the headline "Dan Snyder dies in violent, single-vehicle accident" only to have those feelings crushed by the revelation that it was an entirely different and much younger person at the start of a promising career

romanowski fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Nov 29, 2017

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

a new study bible! posted:

If this is true, it's only to draft a QB anyway. Even with Eli starting, which games on the remaining schedule were they going to win? Raiders?

I agree that they're looking for a QB. Swapping out Eli makes those games go from "probable loss" to "definite loss" and that's what they're looking for. Let's not pretend like the Giants' upcoming games against the Raiders, Cardinals, Cowboys, and Washington weren't potentially winnable with Eli in at QB. They could have, with a little bit of good/bad luck, depending on your view, won 3-4 of those and finished outside the top 5 draft spots, given how bad the other bad teams in the league are.

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
I want to murder the entire staff. Eli forever.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Which is more likely next season? Cousins to the Giants, or Manning to the Redskins?

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://omny.fm/shows/mike-francesa/mike-francesa-destroys-ben-mcadoo

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
That’s maybe the dullest rant I’ve ever heard.

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

Yodzilla posted:

For some reason the link is the tamer section of the rant. He really goes ballistic after hearing "Geno gives us the best chance to win.". Maybe around 415 est?

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Yodzilla posted:

This is how you rant

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/935641171342237697

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Hey it's Philadelphia Phil.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I'd love it if Eli told MacAdoo to eat a dick.

GyroNinja
Nov 7, 2012

NotWearingPants posted:

Which is more likely next season? Cousins to the Giants, or Manning to the Redskins?

I hate you for suggesting this, and I hate Dan Snyder even more for possibly doing it.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

I'm gonna miss Mike when he's gone.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man

Gay Horney posted:

This has been the worst football season of my life. I cannot express how much of a pile of stupid poo poo McAdoo is.

Agreed, Gay Horney

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eagles can lock up the Division tonight so long as Dallas doesnt win.

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up

CyberPingu posted:

Eagles can lock up the Division tonight so long as Dallas doesnt win.

Looks like Dallas is the favorite, but they have looked VERY bad the past couple weeks. Eagles still clinch with a win at Seattle even if the Cowboys win, I believe.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

WhollyChao posted:

Looks like Dallas is the favorite, but they have looked VERY bad the past couple weeks. Eagles still clinch with a win at Seattle even if the Cowboys win, I believe.

Yeah as long as we win this weekend we win the Division, but we can win tonight if Dallas loses or draws.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

WhollyChao posted:

Yeah, the Eagles magic number for the NFC East is 1 so any Eagles win or Cowboys loss will do it.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
I'm strangely optimistic Dallas will beat a more injured Redskins tonight. Plays are there down the field, Dallas just needs to get its poo poo together.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I wonder how long it's going to take Dallas to turn on a black QB

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I wonder how long it's going to take Dallas to turn on a black QB

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBJEfmQA9q4

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Too bad Cleveland didn't take McNabb. If their situations were reversed, Tim Couch would be a Hall of Famer.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
man, I don't want the division to lose Manning and cousins in the same offseason. they're so good for our secondary's confidence

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Happy Clinch Day

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Today I am a Redskins fan. Let's go The Football Indians of Washington!

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Eh, I'd rather they clinch on a win than while sitting in some Seattle hotel.

WhollyChao
Jul 16, 2005

Stand Up Or Give Up

grah posted:

I want to agree, but I also want to see the Cowboys continue to descend into failure.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

grah posted:

They are still playing for homefield. Honestly this division is uttter garbage besides the Eagles, the best team in professional football, so who cares about clinching it?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Jeez this game has been nuts. How many turnovers and dumb drops were there in this first half?

I still think the Redskins are gonna manage to pull it out. Cousins is legit loving good, he looks top 5 easy right now. Special teams and receivers have been loving up, defense is looking pretty good though. I'm not sure the Cowboys can continue to get that lucky.

e: whoops, didn't see that thread for some reason thanks

Play fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Dec 1, 2017

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000

Play posted:

Jeez this game has been nuts. How many turnovers and dumb drops were there in this first half?

I still think the Redskins are gonna manage to pull it out. Cousins is legit loving good, he looks top 5 easy right now.

Come join us in the game day thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3842265&perpage=40&pagenumber=8

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

lmao hope is alive

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lol Washington is gonna be forced pay Cousins like 32 mill a year and it's gonna be great

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender

blue squares posted:

lmao hope is alive

you just know the Eagles are gonna get hosed by a bad call on Sunday night

It's a given whenever there's a prime time game in Seattle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axeil
Feb 14, 2006