Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Getting fertility treatment at 49 makes her a garbage human being and I don't care what other context there is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

almightyerin posted:

My siblings [27F & 24M] and I [26F] just found out my mom [49F] is having a baby in less than three months! She confessed that she has been going through fertility treatments and lied to us about it for over two years. How can we come to terms with her betrayal?

Wowee.
Chill Brother said what everyone has been thinking for decades and is a certified Good Person™

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

therobit posted:

Getting fertility treatment at 49 makes her a garbage human being and I don't care what other context there is.

Mom clearly needs to be the center of attention and literally all times, and a person like that is exhausting.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

Seriously.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

therobit posted:

Someone needs to not have a medical license anymore.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Milotic posted:

This is depressing.

I'm [34F] pregnant with my boyfriend [35M] of 10 years' baby, and we want it, but my emetophobia makes me not want to continue the pregnancy

Someone should post to tell her babies puke. Like all the time. And the whooping cough vaccination can make you projectile vomit.

You should not have a baby or get pregnant if you have this problem you loving idiot. Get an abortion.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

almightyerin posted:

My siblings [27F & 24M] and I [26F] just found out my mom [49F] is having a baby in less than three months! She confessed that she has been going through fertility treatments and lied to us about it for over two years. How can we come to terms with her betrayal?

Wowee.

quote:

Apparently my mom's husband had called him after they left and told him that he made my mom's "high risk pregnancy" even more "high risk" because he was a "selfish child". 

This woman is gonna get an abortion then claim miscarriage due to emotional duress.

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
I (F21) need advice on a situation that’s making me feel horrible

quote:

Hello, i am currently in a situation that is very confusing for me and making me feel guilty.

So I have had a boyfriend (M23) for 5 years. I love him so much and we live together. I want to get married soon. I am also a bicurious girl and my boyfriend knows i want to experiment with girls.

This hasn’t really been an issue in our relationship until recently when i met a girl (F21) who i find attractive. We text and it’s flirty but harmless. Not too different than any way i would talk to most girl friends but it’s more sexually charged and i know there is sexual tension between us. I have tried to meet her for drinks multiple times but have always backed out last minute out of guilt. She is bisexual. She knows i think she’s attractive. And she also knows i have a boyfriend. This has been going on for months and i finally decided that on Friday we are gonna hang out for real. I am planning on kissing her and telling her about my whole confusing situation and explaining all i want right now is a friend i can kiss lol. I am not gonna lead her on into thinking it can be anything more than that.

I have also asked my boyfriend (on 3 separate occasions, just to be sure!) if he would be okay with me kissing a girl friend. He said he doesn’t care every time and he is hoping it will make me more comfortable with the idea of a threesome (i agree with that, i want to have a threesome but i am not sure what to do with a woman in bed. Haha) But i am getting so in my head about this that it’s making me feel so so guilty.

I am wondering if i am feeling guilt because what i am doing is actually wrong or if i am just psyching myself out? I don’t feel as if i have actually done anything wrong because im not being secretive about anything, but this will be the first time i have ever acted on attraction outside of my relationship.. even though i essentially have permission and im not going to be “playing” anyone. I don’t want to really share my concerns with my boyfriend because i don’t want him to think it’s more serious than it actually is

It’s tearing me up inside and i just need someone to give me advice!

TL;DR I am in a committed relationship, have permission to experiment with a girl, and feel guilty as hell

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde

andrew smash posted:

Where do people hear this poo poo? No it doesn't.

I don’t hear this poo poo, my wife experienced it and it’s one of the rare side effects:

https://www.medicines.org.uk/emc/PIL.17377.latest.pdf

Repevax in the UK can be used as the vaccination.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I mean... He gave you the okay, in his mind this is probably the closest he can get to maybe having a threesome which is something I think most guys would be up for trying at least once in their lives if given the opportunity.

I don't think there's anything to feel guilty about, just talk about whatever you do with her so your boyfriend stays in the loop. That way you know if he starts getting uncomfortable about it and it may end up being something he actively wants to fantasize about.

Props to her for giving it this much thought I guess?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

You will fall in love with your friend. This is a good move, as it will help fill the void in your life that will soon form when you get married to what is in all likelihood kind of a idiot, or you will :sever: from him. Win-win!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

Admiral Ray posted:

You, an idiot: Actually the problem with youth today is unrealistic relationship expectations driven by marketing that causes them to engage in self-destructive behavior.

Me, an intellectual:

whats the blue belly button thing. its a dick isnt it. its some kind of buttplug-dick yiff thing. god dammit. god drat it all to hell.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Palpek posted:

Help, I'm living in a romantic novel and can do nothing about it, my hands are tied really (except when I'm tickling a 25 year old):

I [35M] need advice to deal with strong, unwanted feelings for my SIL[25F], been married 10 years

I feel really bad for this guy, he's sounds genuinely upset and just wants things to not be hosed, but he's hosed.

His best case scenario is the wife dying suddenly so he can Pearl Harbor himself into happiness.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

whats the blue belly button thing. its a dick isnt it. its some kind of buttplug-dick yiff thing. god dammit. god drat it all to hell.

You know what he/she/it does with the lobster? Yeah you know what happens to the lobster.

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

It's one of those things that you blow into on inflatable toys

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Palpek posted:

Help, I'm living in a romantic novel and can do nothing about it, my hands are tied really (except when I'm tickling a 25 year old):

I [35M] need advice to deal with strong, unwanted feelings for my SIL[25F], been married 10 years

Man who works terrible, mentally taxing job "falls in love" and will destroy own life through slowly escalating physical contact until he and his crush "accidentally" gently caress.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Yawgmoth posted:

Chill Brother said what everyone has been thinking for decades and is a certified Good Person™

OP should have just bolded that part because I saw that monolith of text and skipped it, but that was a world class verbal beatdown by the brother.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Khorne posted:

Yeah. Pretty much. Severance pay being 2x his salary normally means he blew an entire month's pay in a week and a half. That's financial fuckup territory. Especially when you've lost your job and then can't pay bills. That means on top of doing that, he has no emergency fund or assets/investments. He does have a financial drain of a vehicle, though! Oh boy!

Yeah I meant to mention that, I know people like this, actually a friend of mine's boyfriend just got a new job after being unemployed and blew his entire paycheck in 3 days partying after my friend had been supporting him for months while he looked for a job. In this time period he had his phone shut off multiple times and after borrowing money to turn it back on still didn't pay the bill, would call drunk needing an Uber because he didn't have any money because he blew it all at the bar and did not have money to get home when he would ask to borrow $20 to have dinner with a friend, not get trashed until 2AM.

Another friend of mine's long term boyfriend is now facing deportation because he missed his deadline for DACA, like he qualified, he was previously covered, he just didn't bother to send the application in on time.

Some people are just irresponsible fuckups at managing their most basic affairs and you should run.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I guess public school is really bad in the US:

My (45F) son (23M) invited my ex-best friend (44F) who blames me for her daughter's suicide to his wedding

quote:

u/guilty-goose
About 10 years ago, my lifelong best friend asked me for a significant loan. We both lived in an expensive area, sent our children to private schools, and lived upper class lifestyles. She had a nanny, maid, went on exotic vacations, had an in-ground pool, etc. You name it, she had it. She told me the financial crisis hit her really hard. Her and her husband had been making risky investments with money they didn't have and she was now at risk of losing everything. She promised it was a temporary situation and she would be back on her feet soon if I helped her cushion the fall. I agreed without even consulting my husband because she was my best friend and didn't want to embarrass her.

She went off the radar for a few months but quickly returned to dining at expensive restaurants, buying expensive clothes and generally living out of her means again, all before she ever even paid me back. I didn't need the money, but I felt like I was being taken advantage of. In retrospect, I realize she was using expensive things as a vice, but at the time I was furious. I confronted her. It turned into a huge argument. Our husbands got involved and it became really ugly.

She ended up pulling her two children out of the private school and put them into public school. She also sold her house and moved into a (still incredibly nice but) more modest house. We were not on speaking terms at this point, but she had her lawyer send me a check for the full amount I loaned her plus a considerable amount of "interest." I never reached out to her about it. At this point I had decided to wash my hands of the whole thing. I never even cashed the check, I guess out of spite.

Less than a year after this, her daughter committed suicide. My heart broke into a million pieces for my friend and her family. I attended the funeral and said a few brief words of condolences, but we didn't have a chance to really talk. Shortly after, I sent her a long letter expressing how sorry I was for her loss. I briefly acknowledged our falling out, but I put my soul into the letter. It was genuine note wholly unrelated to the previous circumstances.

She replied to the letter with a brutal attack on me. She blamed me for her daughter's suicide and told me I was the worst thing that has ever happened to her family. She said her daughter switching schools was the cause of her suicide, and she would have never pulled her out of that school if i hadn't demanded my money back. (I never demanded my money back, I just confronted her for using my money on unnecessary luxuries) It was one of the ugliest things I have ever read. She told me to never contact her again, and I never did. I have not seen or spoken to her in almost 9 years.

My son is getting married next month and has a large wedding planned. He just dropped the bomb on me that he invited my ex-best friend to the ceremony and she RSVP'd yes. Both him and his fiancé have known her their entire lives, so it's not necessarily weird that they invited her, but I'm having extreme anxiety about the whole thing. I have so much unresolved guilt and pain over this situation, and I don't want such an important day to be tainted by this. My ex-friend has always had a dramatic flair, so I'm worried this could end in a scene. I'm totally at a loss at how to proceed. Should I contact her beforehand? Should I grin and bear it? Should I just completely ignore her? I really don't want to apologize to her because I feel she acted totally irresponsibly, but I'll do anything if it saves my son from drama and embarrassment on his big day. Advice is appreciated.

TL:DR: I gave my friend a significant loan because she claimed to be on the brink of financial ruin. I confronted her when I saw her buying unnecessary luxuries and it lead to a falling out. She pulled her daughters out of private school so she could afford to pay me back. Her daughter later committed suicide and my friend blames me for it. My son just told me he invited her to his wedding.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Milotic posted:

My (45F) son (23M) invited my ex-best friend (44F) who blames me for her daughter's suicide to his wedding

Ok but like why did your son invite her? Is he marrying the not dead daughter? That might be a good reason to invite her.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Milotic posted:

It sounds like it was the mothering that was bad

Barudak
May 7, 2007

It wasnt aeroplanes or machine guns, but mothering killed the beast.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Milotic posted:

quote:

I never even cashed the check, I guess out of spite.

Hahahahaha you are such a piece of poo poo. You didn't kill her daughter, obviously, but wow, you idiot.

This wedding is gonna own.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Milotic posted:

This is just like that episode of Frasier

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Milotic posted:

It probably wasn't the sole cause but uprooting a teenagers entire life (School is a teenager's entire life) and with social stigma probably did contribute to her suicide.

I'm siding with the friend, the poster gave the loan on her own free will within her financial means, apparently did not spell out repayment terms, the woman apparently did not ask for additional money and was apparently righting her financial ship considering she did pay back the money with "considerable" interest. The poster how used the money as leverage to tell her supposedly good friend how she could or could not live with what was her friend's money until the agreed repayment time, it was dickish controlling behavior.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pro-tip: Dont do loans to people unless you get terms in writing or employee people with nicknames like “The Enforcer”

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Three Olives posted:

It probably wasn't the sole cause but uprooting a teenagers entire life (School is a teenager's entire life) and with social stigma probably did contribute to her suicide.

I'm siding with the friend, the poster gave the loan on her own free will within her financial means, apparently did not spell out repayment terms, the woman apparently did not ask for additional money and was apparently righting her financial ship considering she did pay back the money with "considerable" interest. The poster how used the money as leverage to tell her supposedly good friend how she could or could not live with what was her friend's money until the agreed repayment time, it was dickish controlling behavior.

Yeah, nah. If you lend someone a large chunck of change becasue they're crying poor you have every right to be pissed if they start living it up before they pay you back.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe
Y’all are missing the point that she DIDN’T CASH THE CHECK. So the formerly rich bad with money mom had zero reason to blame anything on her friend that loaned her money. And maybe if bad with money mom hadn’t continued to be bad with money even after having an “oh poo poo, being bad with money now means I might lose my 1%-er lifestyle” then the hosed up situation could have been avoided entirely.

Bad with money mom sounds like she was grieving, in shock, and lashed out at her friend instead of realizing that it was her own lovely financial habits that put her daughter in a lovely situation in the first place.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Y’all are missing the point that she DIDN’T CASH THE CHECK.

This makes it worse since it makes it clear she didn't even need or want the money back, but instead just mentioned it for. . . reasons? Like if you don't need the money you loaned out to your best fuckin' friend back, you mentally recategorize it as a gift and tell them that instead.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Bad With Money Mom got nagged into paying it back so much that she moved a bunch of poo poo around to pay it back with interest, only to have Good With Money Mom never even cash the thing, proving that she didn't even care about the money, she just wanted to gently caress with her.

They're both bad. Good With Money Mom's kids are all alive, so I have more sympathy for Bad With Money Mom.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Outrail posted:

Yeah, nah. If you lend someone a large chunck of change becasue they're crying poor you have every right to be pissed if they start living it up before they pay you back.

She wasn't crying poor, she was crying temporarily insolvent because of a very real financial crisis that affected a lot of people with a plan and obviously a legitimate one to largely maintain her lifestyle and payback the money.

We don't know the situation, maybe they lost a line of credit that if they still had it they could have stayed afloat but without it it would have started a domino effect of penalties and inability to meet financial obligations, maybe she had a balloon payment due on a note that she knew she would otherwise have income to cover if it was not a balloon, there are lots of situations where someone, especially high income, can run into a catastrophic liquidity crisis that has nothing to do with their long term abilities to meet their financial obligations.

In the end she was largely able to maintain her lifestyle and repay the money with interest so apparently she had some sort of legitimate plan that was not borrowing money and wasting it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Its come up before but people in these stories have a habit of not cashing repayment checks from people so i assume there is some sort of mental deficiency that sees not taking someones money as gettting back at them.

Milotic
Mar 4, 2009

9CL apologist
Slippery Tilde
I think she is, do you?:

I [24F] just broke up with my boyfriend (ex?) of 5 years. I am going blind (literally) and I'm now having second thoughts and don't know if I'm making a huge mistake.

quote:

u/SadDebate
For the sake of this post, I'll call my boyfriend/I guess now ex boyfriend, Charlie.

Charlie and I have been together for 5 years. In the beginning, we were just friends. Charlie was extremely into me, though, and I had never had a boyfriend before and I really liked him as a friend so I figured I'd try it out.

Well, within a few months of dating, we fell in love. I never got the SUPER intense physical desire to be with him like I imagined a relationship would include but I loved him so deeply that I was still wanting to be with him physically.

We became absolute best friends and lovers and stayed together doing distance and same city every few months (different colleges). I was so in love with Charlie even despite that component of sheer lust. Our sex life was good, just not GREAT. It was only because of me though that it wasn't perfect.

Recently, however, I've been noticing that I'm less and less physically attracted (even more so than before) to Charlie despite being SO in love with this man. For 5 years, I was okay with the lack of full attraction but more recently it's making making me frustrated. I just want him to get in shape and he tries but his genes aren't great so it's really difficult for him so even though he works out like a normal person it doesn't help much. There's not really a solution to the problem because it's not like he can workout like a psycho and live a happy life.

I think one of the major reasons this has become an issue as of late is that Charlie and I are doing long distance again. I'm getting subconsciously angry at him for being so far away for his dream job (I have my dream job in my city so I can't move right now) and it's making me resentful and start to notice all the things wrong with Charlie.

The truth is, though, besides this sexual attraction issue, there is absolutely nothing wrong with this guy. He is legit perfect for me. He loves me SO much and treats me like I'm the only girl in the world that could be so beautiful. He loves me so deeply and I love him so deeply because his personality is just so amazing. His smile is infectious and I can spend forever with him without ever getting sick of him. He's funny and smart and perfect.

Due to my growing frustrations though at our situation and my feeling like there's something missing from our relationship (the lust, which he feels but I don't feel most of the time), I decided that it was time to be alone for awhile and break up. He has to follow his dreams and I need to figure out my own poo poo, I guess. A big of me wants to see if there's someone out there that's basically Charlie but with the sexual attraction factored in. I doubt it though and that's why I'm having second thoughts.

To add - as noted in my title - I am going blind. Charlie has known about my disease since the beginning and even though it scared him to know I'll be mostly blind by the time I'm 30, his love was so strong that all he wanted was to be there for me and hold my hand when I couldn't see.

In what world does a blind woman find an amazing, sweet, loving gentleman who would give EVERYTHING for her?! He's my best friend in every way. I'm so worried I'm making a mistake. Am I searching for a Charlie + sexual attraction that just doesn't exist in life?

I'm so lost.

TL;DR missing the intense sexual attraction with my bf of 5 years so I broke up with him. He's perfect though in every other way and also accepts that I'm going blind soon. Am I making a mistake?

Ok so he’s fat, but I guess she can have fun watching every future partner nope the gently caress out when she tells them about being blind by 30.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Barudak posted:

Its come up before but people in these stories have a habit of not cashing repayment checks from people so i assume there is some sort of mental deficiency that sees not taking someones money as gettting back at them.

It's a combination of wanting to make a point that the loan that the person desperately needed wasn't such a significant amount of money for them that they couldn't have forgiven it for the sake of the friendship if only their friend had done what they had demanded and also wanting to keep it as a bludgeon to hold against them and use to be a controlling rear end in a top hat in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Milotic posted:

I think she is, do you?:

I [24F] just broke up with my boyfriend (ex?) of 5 years. I am going blind (literally) and I'm now having second thoughts and don't know if I'm making a huge mistake.

Ok so he’s fat, but I guess she can have fun watching every future partner nope the gently caress out when she tells them about being blind by 30.

quote:

but his genes aren't great

This can mean many things but for now: lol.

You've made the right choice. The important thing to maintain in a relationship is a stance of utter intolerance to anything that seems like it may impair or frustrate you. :sever: and pretty soon you won't even have to think about looking back.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

her daughter in a lovely situation in the first place.

Going to a public school in a still pretty nice area.

lol the horror!

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

Sounds like her genes are pretty bad too

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Milotic posted:

I think she is, do you?:

"I don't find him physically that attractive, this will matter to me when I'm blind in a few years because" *sound of tumbleweeds*

Edit:

Admiral Ray posted:

and pretty soon you won't even have to think about looking back.
:lol:

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Three Olives posted:

It wasn't about repayment. It was about begging for money to subsist on and then spending it frivolously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Yawgmoth posted:

"I don't find him physically that attractive, this will matter to me when I'm blind in a few years because" *sound of tumbleweeds*

Edit:
:lol:

Physical attraction is still a thing for blind people, my man.