Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana

The Puppet Master posted:

Liberation Theology is the cure?!
Um yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

https://twitter.com/erlosungen/status/929827245836980224

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
weird that alba rising guy didn't include sam harris in his list of pseudo intellectuals

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

A meme page hung itself over the weekend, which may explain why that "Mr. Dapperton" page aggressively started to rebrand.

The little black-and-yellow "Anarchyball" meme page on Facebook has been wanting for clicks lately, so they created one of those "battle royale" Like-based polls based on all their "Anarchyball" characters.

It did not really attract a lot of attention, despite using sock puppet accounts to spam the poll in nearly every facebook group i'm in.

At some point, viewership was so low that a small amount of people were able to "poll troll" by germainely voting for the "TransFemme" ball when it went up against the "Kekistan" ball.

The Femmeball wins, and you'd think people would just go on with their lives but apparently this is a serious business internet competition, so the reasonable thing to do is take the poll down, change the results, and then purchase tens of thousands of Bot votes to back-justify the change.

I have all this screenshotted, including the fallout, but since I'm on mobile I'll get you guys an imgur-hosted Play In Many Acts when I get home later.

For now, have Russiaball having a laugh at their expense.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

"Mr. Dapperton" though. Mister. loving. DAPPERTON. That's middle school notebook poo poo.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bullfrog posted:

"Mr. Dapperton" though. Mister. loving. DAPPERTON. That's middle school notebook poo poo.

Everything alt-right so far is Middle School Notebook poo poo, down to "Operation Thot Patrol".

It's like 13 year olds decided to radicalize or something and oh wait that's actually what's happening lol

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
A lot of people think being an embarrassing youtube loser with a "character" and skits makes you more sincere, authentic, and approachable

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I wonder what would've happened to me if 4chan and whatever else had been around when I was a lonely, gawky 13-year old kid?

Nothing good, I suppose.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Does anyone have a good link showing that he’s literally a high-school student? it’s worth noting that several nazi groups in the us are also led by literal high-school students.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

business hammocks posted:

Does anyone have a good link showing that he’s literally a high-school student? it’s worth noting that several nazi groups in the us are also led by literal high-school students.

Uhhh. I mean most of them use bullshit sock puppet accounts, but I'm sure I can find at least one instance in the facebook Ancapistan group of them harping on each other about their ages if I look for a few minutes.

I really need to stop being a pussy and dump my phone's screencap contents, I've been lurking alt-right bullshit reclick groups for over a year now and taking shots of all their stupid crap.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
i remember making an anti-villain character who wore a suit & tie, fedora, and smoked cigars. sarcastic and suave. he was so cool to 13/14 year old me. and i really liked rorschach from watchmen

this is where they're at

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

business hammocks posted:

he has a video of him opening his 100k subscribers award if you want to see what he looks like

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ruzihm posted:

he has a video of him opening his 100k subscribers award if you want to see what he looks like

Well he definitely looks about 40 and decidedly un-dapper, but he has that stupid drawing of him fighting anarchists hanging on the wall of his filthy hovel so that’s a solid lol.

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

All I did when I was 13 was draw comics about pikmin in a guerilla war against the bulborbs. It had an embarrassingly large amount of lore and maps and detailed weapons and characters. I think I have like 50 stapled comics :stare:

It was nerdy as gently caress but at least I didn't end up cosplaying a Mary Sue capitalist alpha ancap

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

there is no liberation to be found in the lies of the monotheists

embrace the true gods

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

My sketchbook was filled with mary sue'd versions of my friends and I getting into things we never physically could have, epic two-page stick figure battles. I kept a small quantity of these in a lidded plastic tub specifically so that I could laugh at myself later on in life.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

in the late 80s i wrote & drew a 4-issue epic called i think "Joe in LA" thats basically a side-scrolling shootemup where our eponymous hero shoots a bunch of drug dealing gangsters, and eventually police & soldiers. I appear to have lost it though, much to my regret.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

That sounds like a cash as hell plotline for a new FarCry: Blood Dragon title tbh

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Assisted suicide

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
this guys AR-15 vs. AK-47 video sounds like a dude reading off a wikihow about guns.

also he definitely bought subscribers at some point, which is endlessly hilarious to me.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Prester Jane posted:

https://twitter.com/sfiegerman/status/935606189966221313

If the FCC starts flexing its muscle against social media sites to force them to allow Nazi's to do whatever they want on social media there will be another Charlottesville style event within 6 months :toxx:

The best thing holding the Alt-Reich back at the moment is the fact that their communications and online propaganda efforts have been disrupted. If that goes away and the Nazi's get free reign over social media the resulting echo chamber effect will revitalize the Alt-Reich and (in conjunction with the assistance of Russian troll farms) make it virtually impossible to counteract whatever Narrative they put out about a given event.

The results will be goddamned disastrous for the country.

Indian-American forms Alliance with White Supremacists in Well-Thought-Out Scheme

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bushiz posted:

this guys AR-15 vs. AK-47 video sounds like a dude reading off a wikihow about guns.

also he definitely bought subscribers at some point, which is endlessly hilarious to me.

Imagine the gulf of actual germaine interest in these guys vs. bot/bought attention. Just think about how drastic a difference it is.

zegermans posted:

Indian-American forms Alliance with White Supremacists in Well-Thought-Out Scheme

see swastikas are a south asian thing so fgsfds. :downs:

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

zeal posted:

there is no liberation to be found in the lies of the monotheists

embrace the true gods

paganism is just supernatural feudalism

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

zegermans posted:

Of the two of them, the former have a much closer claim to actual Aryan ancestry.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

StashAugustine posted:

paganism is just supernatural feudalism

polytheism is spiritual unitarianism

paganism is a slur monotheists employed against rural people not yet corrupted by the lies of abraham's devil-god

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

taylor swift, that's who

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Of the two of them, the former have a much closer claim to actual Aryan ancestry.

I had an Indian friend in high school who would always smugly say "Hitler misused the term" (Aryan) whenever discussion turned to Nazis in History class. Heh, get your poo poo straight, Hitler

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Bullfrog posted:

All I did when I was 13 was draw comics about pikmin in a guerilla war against the bulborbs. It had an embarrassingly large amount of lore and maps and detailed weapons and characters. I think I have like 50 stapled comics :stare:

It was nerdy as gently caress but at least I didn't end up cosplaying a Mary Sue capitalist alpha ancap

:justpost:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Chillgamesh posted:

I had an Indian friend in high school who would always smugly say "Hitler misused the term" (Aryan) whenever discussion turned to Nazis in History class. Heh, get your poo poo straight, Hitler

After the invasion of Poland and the Soviet Union, the Nazis set about incorporating as many of the ethnic Germans living in those areas into their new state as they could, but ran into difficulties with the educated classes among the Baltic Germans. With surprising frequency, they didn't check off the "Aryan" box on their new citizenship forms, as they weren't from central Asia and expressed puzzlement that they'd even been asked.

Captain_Maclaine has issued a correction as of 19:15 on Nov 29, 2017

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Kilmers Elbow posted:

taylor swift, that's who

the twitter infosec lady?

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

Captain_Maclaine posted:

After the invasion of Poland and the Soviet Union, the Nazis set about incorporating as many of the ethnic Germans living in those areas into their new state as they could, but ran into difficulties with the educated classes among the Baltic Germans. With surprising frequency, they didn't check off the "Aryan" box on their new citizenship forms, as they weren't from central Asia and expressed puzzlement that they'd even been asked.

I figured in Hitler's time "Aryan" was already an antiquated term that the average person wouldn't have heard before Hitler started belching it. It's interesting that as popular as fascism was with academics back then that they didn't just accept what Hitler meant by Aryan instead of the historical definition of it

Tell me more Nazi Germany Facts btw

e: like the real obscure pre-war ones

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Captain_Maclaine posted:

lol

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Chillgamesh posted:

I figured in Hitler's time "Aryan" was already an antiquated term that the average person wouldn't have heard before Hitler started belching it. It's interesting that as popular as fascism was with academics back then that they didn't just accept what Hitler meant by Aryan instead of the historical definition of it

Tell me more Nazi Germany Facts btw

e: like the real obscure pre-war ones

In Germany that'd absolutely be the case, but these people were from the Baltic coast of Poland and the Baltic states themselves, as well as the Volga Germans later on who even more than the others hadn't exactly been in direct contact with every linguistic flourish of Nazism.

Obscure pre-war Nazi facts, hmm. Well, everyone knows in outline at least that Hitler was a big fan of Wagnerian opera (unlike most of the rest of the Nazi elite, who considered Wanger tiresome and dreaded whenever Hitler would make them come to shows with him, which was frequently), but it's hard to overstate just how much he dug on opera as an art form generally. Even before WWI, when he was basically semi-homeless and living off his modest painting abilities, he took in shows whenever and whereever he could, and once in power he basically lived at Bayreuth during the summer season and festival. If I remember right, before the war he took in at least a hundred shows a year on average. Indeed, such was his passion for opera that he could conceive of no better reward for troops convalescing in Berlin during the early years of the war than to comp them tickets to this or that show. He was always puzzled that this was never received as enthusiastically as he'd have liked.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Wagner is loving terrible. The only operas worth watching were written by Verdi and Mozart.

Neon Noodle
Nov 11, 2016

there's nothing wrong here in montana
Hitler drew Disney fanart

Only registered members can see post attachments!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whoops

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/don_chump/status/935940861506084866

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ahahaha do it u nazi piece of poo poo

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cville gonna tell him to get hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I'm the generous use of PicsArt to give the statue the wokest eyes possible