Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

Did you see where the owner accidentally let the cat out of the bag? Outside of their laughable "audit" he flat said they're issuing new tethers based on crypto holdings not just USD.

So all of the tethers are just being issued now backed by the higher price of crypto because of the glut of tethers issued to pump the price. It's an ouroboros ponzi.

It's been that for nearly 4 years and yet people keep buying it. It's maddening. Like people want to be conned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe
And the chicago mercantile exchange is apparently going to allow trading on bitcoin futures.

actual traders: WAT

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Intruder posted:

Really? He's just gonna lob in this softball and no one is going to say anything?
lol, as soon as I posted that I told myself "I just backed myself into a corner"

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Yup. They get treated like poo poo by their families because they're not married too.
I am all too familiar with this and it pisses me off to no end. I hate Indian culture sometimes*

*actually a lot of the time. the food owns though

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I can't stop laughing at the smashing of the virgin mary video that trump retweeted.

Dude really doesn't get his base with that one.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
One fund I worked on invested in Bitcoin. The client was a huge moron and it was a pet project with daddy's money.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

lol he's accusing joe scarborough of murder

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/935874566701842434

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I wonder what big rear end thing is coming out in the next couple of days because Fox News Grandpa has been on a roll.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
All of Trump's anti-Muslim posts are retweets from Britain First. Yikes.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

seiferguy posted:

All of Trump's anti-Muslim posts are retweets from Britain First. Yikes.

Lol a breitbart staffer even said Britain first is bad optics

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/McJesse/status/935888471650168832

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
hello, dropping by to share with you the most brutal own i've seen in a long time

https://twitter.com/SamGrittner/status/935540685956141056

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Oh sweet, I had like $5 worth of bitcoins leftover from stupid online things and it's worth $96 now. Cashing out.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/pftcommenter/status/935851924674547713

I can't stop picturing this and laughing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/AP/status/935921836856172546

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Garrison Keillor fired. He also just wrote an oped saying that Franken shouldn't step down.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Welcome to Lake Wobegon, where all the women are liars, the men shouldn't resign and the children are visiting Uncle Moore's cabin.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Not that it makes a difference, but why has it mainly been media orgs largely left leaning people catching heat rn?

Do other companies not care? Legit question that's not to imply some conspiracy, more curious about what seems like an imbalance.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Neil Armbong posted:

Not that it makes a difference, but why has it mainly been media orgs largely left leaning people catching heat rn?

Do other companies not care? Legit question that's not to imply some conspiracy, more curious about what seems like an imbalance.

I mean Fox News has spent the last few years paying off massive settlements and fired O'Reilly this year.

Also yeah, Republicans are fine with raping kids, so why do anything at this point?

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Lol I forgot about this https://twitter.com/MabzCiteh/status/935863769644879873

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kalli posted:

I mean Fox News has spent the last few years paying off massive settlements and fired O'Reilly this year.

Also yeah, Republicans are fine with raping kids, so why do anything at this point?

There's also a very good reason republicans have been so quiet about all the allegations.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Yeah besides Trump and his Al Frankenstein tweet I don't think any big name Republican has really commented on it.

Dems know where the Republican bodies are buried.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

social media outrage is at its best when they recognize the offenders.

i don’t mean that dismissively - just, like, if someone comes forward with allegations regarding the VP of Middle Management at Conglomerate, Inc., people aren’t going to be out there demanding satisfaction like when it’s a prominent media figure. but it’s absolutely just as much of a problem and we are reaching at the point where the cultural drivers of sexual harassment needs to be reckoned with for i️t to get better.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I work PRN in outpatient rehab still because its easy as poo poo. I also choose my shifts so I hang out at all the chill outpatient joints.

Every now and then they'll be "hey can we switch you to main campus for x day?"

main campus is absolute hell on earth and the most boring poo poo in the world. but they know I'm available.

drat drat drat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Coworker: More like Lake Job be gone

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i made a sandwich and the mustard did the thing where it shoots out its watery mustard juice load instead of the good stuff. that ruined my day

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

hifi posted:

i made a sandwich and the mustard did the thing where it shoots out its watery mustard juice load instead of the good stuff. that ruined my day

That is the worst when that happens. Happens to my ketchup from time to time.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
:gonk: What does it look like when Garrison Keillor moves on you like a bitch? :gonk:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

At least we know what that evening is like now

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

some poo poo is going down

SKULL.GIF posted:

so something interesting is happening

Amazon -3%
Nvidia -7%
Apple -2.35%
Netflix -5.28%
Adobe -4.37%
Arista -4.33%
Alphabet -2.6%
AMD -3.17%

all this morning

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

HNNNNNNNGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Any idea?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

some finance goon apparently said all their CFAs are in an emergency closed door meeting laffo

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Dunno what it could even be tbh. Something that affects them all would be... visas? Tax bill? DoJ?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

Net neutrality most likely. All of those would be negatively affected.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

FizFashizzle posted:

Well poo poo my last quarterly report was so good too.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Market was bound to correct itself soon. Way too hot for too long.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

SKULL.GIF posted:

so something interesting is happening

Amazon: 55.3%
Nvidia: 86.8%
Apple: 45.97%
Netflix: 53.77%
Adobe: 73.01%
Arista: 142.55%
Alphabet: 30.8%
AMD: -2.82%

all this morning

Year to date performance. This is nothing so far. Brexit was way worse in terms of volatility.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Uterine Lineup posted:

Year to date performance. This is nothing so far. Brexit was way worse in terms of volatility.

Doesn't matter if their profit went up 500% in the last year. If the next fiscal quarter goes down even a single percent the whole company quakes.

That's capitalism for you!

Time
Aug 1, 2011

It Was All A Dream
lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

axeil posted:

Clients loving suck and are always either :downs: or an anxiety attack personified.

They made me schlep out there and the bailed to go to another site after 3 hrs and now I'm being forced to follow to do a brief. I loving hate this.

• Locked thread