Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

The only thing that makes me mad about Angry Birds is that I didn’t think and implement the concept first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In Cool and Frivolous Buys, I got this Brook Super Converter that allows a ps4 to be controlled by a wired Xbox one controller.

Honest to god, it owns if you prefer one gamepad to another. Took a few minutes to update the firmware on a pc and it was plug and play after. 35 bucks on Amazon.

quantumfoam
Dec 25, 2003

Change thread title to Reenlisted for GI Bill loot crate voucher codes.
Waiting for Paradox to implement loot crates in their games, imagine the frustration in a EU5 or Crusader Kings 3 game.

Finally bothered beating Half Life 2 episode 2.
The final map was rough, mainly because the car handled like I was connected to a Asia Pacific Battlefront 2 server via 5 VPN relays.
Literally had a 2 second input lag when handling/hitting boost in the car which in turn made killing hunter's the roughest part of the final map,
got 1 car kill vs hunters. Everything else was weapons or logs that barely seemed to injure them. Hunters needing 3 point blank double
barrel shotgun blasts or 3 hits with a log before dying was eyebrow raising.

Started playing Shogo: Mobile gundam whatever. For people who never played Shogo/or played it a long time ago:
Equip kinives before you go into cutscenes. The main character really shows off his specialness with knives out in cutscenes.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/news/ea-loses-3b-in-stock-value-in-wake-of-star-wars-loot-boxes-w512796

EA Loses $3B in Stock Value, Analyst Calls for Loot Box Self Regulation

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Get hosed, EA

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
EA dug so deep that even in a republican administration they might have killed the golden goose.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Vasudus posted:

EA dug so deep that even in a republican administration they might have killed the golden goose.

Pretend I posted the Gandalf quote about the dwarves of Moria

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anybody else play Bomber Crew?

It's super fun and is extremely my poo poo.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Pretend I posted the Gandalf quote about the dwarves of Moria

That's what I was getting at but I was in a meeting so I hosed up and halfassed two different metaphors.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Handsome Ralph posted:

Anybody else play Bomber Crew?

It's super fun and is extremely my poo poo.

It is fun and extremely my poo poo and frustratingly hard at times.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

It is fun and extremely my poo poo and frustratingly hard at times.

Yeah this

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Build the ventral turret or He 219s will end you

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
I downloaded it but I haven't tried it yet because I finally got that goddamn car to start but now I can't tune it worth a poo poo so I'm gonna try towing it to the shop.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
I ironically installed Heroes of the Storm, and found myself unironically enjoying it.

help me

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Missionary Positron posted:

I ironically installed Heroes of the Storm, and found myself unironically enjoying it.

help me

It’s a fun game, a little shallow, but matches only take 30 mins tops. Nothing wrong with enjoying it.

Don’t buy loot boxes in it though. St easy enough to get them for free.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
The one truly maddening thing about Bomber Crew is the whole "I can't see through this fog!" shtick that the navigator does when you're all of five feet above sea level. Even when you get the ability to set your own navigation markers, the game will also shut that ability down due to visibility. There is a navigator ability that partially offsets this issue (navigating by the stars), but it doesn't eliminate it. All I want to do is turn the plane. Just turn the loving plane! Goddam.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

The trick with that is giving yourself a general heading, flying up high, then dropping down low to make another nav point if need be.

Only con to this is your fuel management becomes problematic since you're dead reckoning at that point.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Yeah, that's what I've been doing while leaning out the fuel mix for the entire sortie. If I can get away with it, I'll sometimes continuously toggle between medium and high altitude to get the plane juuust low enough to pick up the next nav point before going back up high. That doesn't always work, though, and becomes problematic if you're being shot at.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I’m all for “gently caress EA” but in the grand scheme of things do the stock drops really matter much? Isn’t it an expected knee jerk reaction.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I’m all for “gently caress EA” but in the grand scheme of things do the stock drops really matter much? Isn’t it an expected knee jerk reaction.

There's a high probability that legislation of some sort will eat into their bottom line, and a low probability that they might have awoken a sleeping giant that is going to turbofuck them and the entire industry, causing yet-unknown effects through a dozens-of-billions industry.

The stock drop matters because it's basically the market screaming YOU IDIOT and will scare the piss out of smaller, lesser companies that are in the same boat but can't afford that level of loss.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Holy moly, the writing in Destiny 2 seems to be Mass Effect: Andromeda-levels of bad. The prologue is followed by awful and clumsy exposition from the main villain, and then there's a British character who's described as "a gentleman sniper" who keeps jabbering on about tea. Are you loving kidding me :psyduck:

Thanks free trial, you saved me 60€!

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That game is basically paint by numbers sci fi plot

Edit: with Nathan Fillion as Nathan Fillion

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I totally play shooter loot games for the plot.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

I LOVE COCK SALAD posted:

I totally play shooter loot games for the plot.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Sorry I have standards, I guess?? :shobon:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Just tell me who to shoot. I don’t need a reason. :black101:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

That's why I skip cutscenes

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
been skipping cutscenes in nioh, no idea what is going except I am living my fantasy of being a white man in japan

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

destiny 1 and 2 were really disappointing. They're not bad really, but could have been amazing

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

civ v drew me back in

still havent bought civ 6, expac cutscene is dope

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

destiny 1 and 2 were really disappointing. They're not bad really, but could have been amazing

yup

i bought destiny 1 and blew through it after the last expansion came out

the shooting was good enough to carry me through, but i was just done once i capped

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yup

the shooting was good enough to carry me through, but i was just done once i capped

From the guys who wrote the Marathon series and the first couple Halo games, I was expecting a fair amount of story. As soon as I found out the story was garbage and it was just a loot shooter I didn't give a single shred of a poo poo anymore.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

yup

its annoying to because the mechanics it uses to put you together with people work really well in the out door areas but nearly all of it hinges around dungeons. Big open areas that are legit hard to get through with dark souls type invasions would have been fun. Instead they made an incredibly solid shooter they shoe horned into a World of Warcraft style themepark

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
And note that you literally cannot talk to anybody not in your party or on discord or whatever you might use. In an MMO.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

yeah, it doesn't even have dark souls type of 'help me' and 'thank you'

They know how to make halo games still and they're really good at it. they've just forgotten how to make them fun

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Well, that's yer prob'm, right there.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Look man, I only need to know one thing...

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Missionary Positron posted:

Holy moly, the writing in Destiny 2 seems to be Mass Effect: Andromeda-levels of bad. The prologue is followed by awful and clumsy exposition from the main villain, and then there's a British character who's described as "a gentleman sniper" who keeps jabbering on about tea. Are you loving kidding me :psyduck:

Thanks free trial, you saved me 60€!

I finished playing through Destiny 2 a week ago and I couldn't tell you a single god damned thing about the story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

I finished playing through Destiny 2 a week ago and I couldn't tell you a single god damned thing about the story

D2 is dumb but really fun.

I’ve gotten bored of it now I’ve got to 305. But there’s an expansion out next week so it should breathe some life back into it.