Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ak Gara posted:

It's like watching a medical show and at the start of the episode a man is up 2 ladders on top of another latter in a thunderstorm using a chainsaw to remove a beehive and then someone down the street dies of a sudden and unexpected aneurysm.
I might actually watch that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Ak Gara posted:

...I don't need to deliver this today...

It's like watching a medical show and at the start of the episode a man is up 2 ladders on top of another latter in a thunderstorm using a chainsaw to remove a beehive and then someone down the street dies of a sudden and unexpected aneurysm.

God drat it. There's a joke right there that I can't quite grab. Like a mix between General Hospital and Misdirection so the show is called Misdirection General or something, but I can't get anything satisfying to work.

(my struggle is your schadenfreude)

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

...I don't need to deliver this today...

Pretty sure there's episodes of House that start like this.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

saltylopez posted:

They usually don't die in House's cold open. That'd be Six Feet Under.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Regalingualius posted:

"What is HonorBuddy?", Alex.

gently caress you botter

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Matt Lauer: Fired.

Garrison Keillor: Fired.

Remember how bad 2016 was for killing celebrities? 2017's like that except it's coming for their careers.

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained

saltylopez posted:

Pretty sure that's every intro of any episode of House

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Phanatic posted:

Remember how bad 2016 was for killing celebrities? 2017's like that except it's coming for their careers.

in 2018 celebrities will be put to death for their sex crimes :twisted:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

china bot posted:

in 2018 celebrities will be put to death for their sex crimes :twisted:

If only they had had the foresight to become politicians instead.

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

in 2018 the president of the united states will still be an admitted serial sexual assaulter

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Phanatic posted:

Al Franken is the worst because neuMinnesota is going to replace him with a Republican.

I remember hating him for his regressive policies on net-neutrality but now I hate him because someone worse will be in his senate seat.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop
2019: the executioners will be accused of sex crimes

e: not to be confused with the x-ecutioners

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

china bot posted:

#itsgoingdown

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

Phanatic posted:

A quote I saw somewhere online:

"2016: The year your favorite celebrity died. 2017: The year your favorite celebrity is dead to you."

Achernar
Sep 2, 2011

china bot posted:

2020: sex-ecutioners.

seriously, 2016- that guy you liked? He's dead now.
2017-that guy you liked? He's a pervert now.
beaten!

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
Plaster Town Cop

Achernar posted:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Achernar posted:

seriously, 2016- that guy you liked? He's dead now.
2017-that guy you liked? He's a pervert now.
beaten!

Louis CK was so great.

wtf Louis

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ak Gara posted:

Elementary did this a few times (usually the person on the ladder ends up being the witness etc., or in one case they were the victim but because something completely different happened). Good show.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Achernar posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBR3a_YNfYo

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

ExecuDork posted:

Sure, but two points.
1. "I was following orders" can never be a valid excuse for monstrosity. Sure, he just vacuumed the rugs every week, but he never even tried to alter the evil surrounding him.
2. The higher-level, actually-guilty-of-horribleness people cannot be allowed to disguise themselves as clueless, irrelevant low-level flunkies. The guy who washed the delivery trucks that went to the camps goes to jail, if for no other reason than we can now watch him and have access to him to check his story.
I want to be super clear, too, that I believe he should face some punishment for what he took part in, regardless of how removed his role might have been from the actual act of killing. I just think jail time is probably fine for a lot of the perpetrators.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Oh my lord, this is amazing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/al-franken-should-resign-thats-absurd/

Washington Post op-ed, arguing that it's absurd to suggest that Al Franken should resign:

quote:

My friend Pastor B.D. Christensen said something so good Sunday morning that I woke up and wrote it down: “[something something] . . . about making peace with the mistakes of the past [blah blah blah] and learning from them. It’s slippery ground, in general, to judge past actions by present standards and with a benefit of hindsight that is, morally, highly questionable.”

The author of the piece?

Garrison Keillor.

We need to start a celebrity-career deathpool. I'm picking Seth Rogen.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sean Connery is lucky he permanently retired a little while ago, the poo poo that would otherwise be coming out about him would be pretty damning.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Phanatic posted:

Oh my lord, this is amazing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/al-franken-should-resign-thats-absurd/

Washington Post op-ed, arguing that it's absurd to suggest that Al Franken should resign:

The author of the piece?

Garrison Keillor.

We need to start a celebrity-career deathpool. I'm picking Seth Rogen.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Memento posted:

Sean Connery is lucky he permanently retired a little while ago, the poo poo that would otherwise be coming out about him would be pretty damning.

We already know he’s a proud wife beater. He’s just not trying to get any jobs that anyone can turn him down for.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Try this one:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/al-franken-should-resign-thats-absurd/2017/11/28/d33e2d8a-d482-11e7-a986-d0a9770d9a3e_story.html

King of Foolians
Mar 16, 2006
Long live the King!

Yikes. This article sure is...something. After his bizarre quote that was "so good" that he only remembered half of it he starts with a long rambling aside about how its foolish to re-name things except for sometimes when it's good. He finally makes his point at the very end which is (I think) that the sexual assault Al Franken did wasn't really that bad, so he shouldn't resign.
This reads like some crazy stream-of-consciousness that he wrote while on Ambien and hit the "send" button.

Also LOL at this update:
Update, 1:14 p.m. Nov. 29: After we published this column, Minnesota Public Radio announced it was terminating its contracts with Garrison Keillor due to “allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him.” The Post takes allegations of this kind seriously and is seeking more information about them.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

That Article posted:

Update, 1:14 p.m. Nov. 29: After we published this column, Minnesota Public Radio announced it was terminating its contracts with Garrison Keillor due to “allegations of his inappropriate behavior with an individual who worked with him.” The Post takes allegations of this kind seriously and is seeking more information about them.

keeps getting better

edit: efb

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

syscall girl posted:

Louis CK was so great.

wtf Louis

Speaking of, anyone got any dirt on Jim Jefferies? His gun control routine was pure gold, but then there's also this other routine of his with the booze and the cocaine, and the ~other comedian~ acting all rapey, and the lying to the girls to get in their pants that has me half convinced that he's actually a total swine.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
My money's on Geraldo being next in line:

https://twitter.com/GeraldoRivera/status/935976749766205448

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Someone check Capone's vault, maybe Geraldo is hiding the bodies in there now that everyone knows it's empty

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Holy cow, that ratio

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Seems like a reasonable enough statement. Is this suppose to be an echo chamber?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

Geraldo already has allegations against him I'm pretty sure

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Jonah Hill. That guy is a notorious sexhound, and I would not be surprised if he didn't end up having clear, affirmative consent in at least one of his many encounters.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Trebek posted:

Seems like a reasonable enough statement. Is this suppose to be an echo chamber?

It's not really reasonable.

Like calling your co worker into your office and pulling down your pants is not being flirty.

It's the old, I like him so he can't be bad!

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Memento posted:

Back in the 60's when he was a sex symbol, Connery once took my mother's friend (who was a glamorous-looking air stewardess) back to his hotel room and tried to seduce her. She actually rejected his advances and left, much to his chagrin. Many months later she'd gotten engaged and pregnant and happened to bump into him on a flight. She said hi and asked if he remembered her, and he looked her up and down and said "I see you're not saying no anymore."

Teehee, shuck it, Connery.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

canyoneer posted:

Jonah Hill. That guy is a notorious sexhound, and I would not be surprised if he didn't end up having clear, affirmative consent in at least one of his many encounters.

I'm surprised that Leonardo Dicaprio's entire sex gang hasn't already been called out.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Trebek posted:

How many people have accused you of sexual harassment, Trebek?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

GrandpaPants posted:

I'm surprised that Leonardo Dicaprio's entire sex gang hasn't already been called out.

Tasha Yar's been calling them out for years.