Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Is Thor 3 coming out on digital before avengers 4? I'd like to see it first but probably not going to in theaters

I'd bet money on it hitting digital no later than March.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I know people absolutely loathe John Ottoman's X-Men theme but you have to admit that Avengers poo poo is bottom of the barrel. Worst of the worst, total stinker.

Ottman's theme is just Kamen's X-Men theme sped up by 300 percent, but even as uninspiring as Silvestri's work was, it was still miles better than the poo poo Brian Tyler did on Age of Ultron (which Whedon hated so much he wound up hiring Danny Elfman late in post-production as a replacement, and all Elfman did was insert Silvestri's theme at a few key places). About the only good thing Tyler did was re-use his Iron Man 3 theme for a brief quote when the Hulkbuster was fully assembled.

Seriously, this poo poo sucks (much like the movie):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qld7em1Okvk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There is one good comic book superhero theme and it is the theme from the 90s X-Men cartoon. They should just use that in every comic book movie.

there are two; the second is the japanese OP of the same cartoon

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

I know people absolutely loathe John Ottoman's X-Men theme but you have to admit that Avengers poo poo is bottom of the barrel. Worst of the worst, total stinker.

I actually don’t have to admit that at all, and the X2 theme is great?

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I am looking forward to the coolest comic book villain Thanos, a dude who kills people because he loves death and killing people.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM

Brother Entropy posted:

there are two; the second is the japanese OP of the same cartoon

Referenced without posting. For shame.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rSw4Xl5qfs

SHOOOCCCK!!!

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I am looking forward to the coolest comic book villain Thanos, a dude who kills people because he loves death and killing people.

And he loves goooooooold Infinity stones.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

AlternateAccount posted:

SHOOOCCCK!!!

forgive my phone posting

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

AlternateAccount posted:

SHOOOCCCK!!!

You wa shock.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Tbh movies could use the theme from the first Pirates of the Caribbean in every single movie and I’d be down with it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Phylodox posted:

I actually don’t have to admit that at all, and the X2 theme is great?

I like it alright too but we have a couple of regulars that absolutely despise it and the intensity of their loathing stuck with me. I should have said "some people".

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

The best X-Men score is John Powell's work on The Last Stand and it isn't even close.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

It's a shame because the composer did one of the most awesome themes ever. I have no idea how he fell off so much (just like Elfman, really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSqw9Yn_RMQ

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

AndyElusive posted:

I liked how Ant-Man was in basically every scene in that trailer. You've just gotta squint to see him.

Real talk though, I don't know what's wrong with me because unlike almost every goon in this thread so far, I loved that trailer. I must be the target audience for this bullshit. Seeing that ensemble cast in a CGI cluster gently caress where no one but a handful of characters will get more than a few minutes of screen time must be entirely my poo poo.

Nah man, it's very much my poo poo as well. I'm hyped for it!

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Timby posted:

The best X-Men score is John Powell's work on The Last Stand and it isn't even close.

Yep. Last Stand >> First Class >>>> X-Men Apocalypse/Days of Future Past Where Ottman ripped off Zimmer > Everything else.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Darko posted:

Yep. Last Stand >> First Class >>>> X-Men Apocalypse/Days of Future Past Where Ottman ripped off Zimmer > Everything else.

Eh, even Kamen's score had good spots, but that was primarily because he was so rushed and only had a few weeks to compose the score that he had to lift from his other works. "Logan & Rogue" is pretty substantially the same as his Highlander theme.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Darko posted:

It's a shame because the composer did one of the most awesome themes ever. I have no idea how he fell off so much (just like Elfman, really).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSqw9Yn_RMQ

I had no idea Predator was John Ottoman, his "Preparations" track is one of the all time greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcgKjPy0v8

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Last Stand is better than it gets credit for. The director even successfully apes Singers style for the most part and the story has individually some very good scenes and well written ones. Just as a whole the script sucks and the story sucks and Ratner felt the need to insert dumb memes like Juggernaut bitch.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

I had no idea Predator was John Ottoman, his "Preparations" track is one of the all time greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXcgKjPy0v8

He was talking about Alan Silvestri, who basically fell off a cliff in the late '90s or early aughts ... his last genuinely great scores I can think of are Judge Dredd and I guess I'll go to bat for Lilo & Stitch. But everything after has just been a wall of brass.

He's also scoring Infinity War.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well don't mulit-task and post at the same time I guess.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

You know what’s funny, iron man one had a good score, (and a great tony makes poo poo song that they never did but should have Reused) but they never hired that dude back. He now does Westworld and GOT scores, and they’re great

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

bushisms.txt posted:

Another armies running at each other scene. Why? Is not having fellowship and HFR/future Avatars worth it to not have Peter Jackson get the LotR franchise? As great as he can be, it sure made the rest of the industry lazy in regards to action direction.

3,000 years of evolving military strategy equals bullshit when you have mine uru hammer!1

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Infinity War looks dope, Silversti's theme owns.

*hurles mic into CD*

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Al Borland Corp. posted:

There is one good comic book superhero theme and it is the theme from the 90s X-Men cartoon. They should just use that in every comic book movie.

Did you all seriously forget John Williams' Superman score?

Serf
May 5, 2011

yeah that infinity war trailer didn't show much other than dramatic swooping shots of the characters. i can't think of anything i want less than a battle in an open field between the heroes and a bunch of cgi alien monsters. vision looks creepy as gently caress now

the music is pretty good though. the avengers theme may only have about 5 seconds of good sound, but they know when to bust it out

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They should try hiring some video game composers.

Like somebody let Yasunori Mitsuda do a movie score please

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jose Oquendo posted:

Did you all seriously forget John Williams' Superman score?

I'll have to go on YouTube doubler later but I believe I can prove Superman The Motion Picture would be better with the X-man theme.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Give Avengers 4 to Kojima.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Last Stand is better than it gets credit for. The director even successfully apes Singers style for the most part and the story has individually some very good scenes and well written ones. Just as a whole the script sucks and the story sucks and Ratner felt the need to insert dumb memes like Juggernaut bitch.

Unlike most cultural references, "Juggernaut bitch" won't be confusing or stand out at all over time because it works as just a dick saying a dickish thing.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Al Borland Corp. posted:

They should try hiring some video game composers.

Like somebody let Yasunori Mitsuda do a movie score please

Was his Soul Sacrifice score good? I never played that game and outside Nintendo and Persona games, modern game music is so forgettable.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

CelticPredator posted:

Infinity War looks dope, Silversti's theme owns.

*hurles mic into CD*

I guess at this point it's redundant saying your tastes are cheap. :cheeky:

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Can I have my mic back? I need it for my next set

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
It's weird because the trailer spends a lot of time with Tony Stark in a hoodie hanging out in Doctor Stranger's wrecked foyer and then has a moneyshot of some of the heroes running through some trees. It's mostly a slideshow of characters with the only real effective moment being Beard Cap's reveal.

I remember the leaked Comic Con trailer actually having beats and a sense of momentum. Odd that they'd regress from that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Vintersorg posted:

In his defense, the :10bux: we paid to be here so we could discuss comic book movies would seem to indicate that our tastes are all equally as cheap.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I don't think it's that odd. This is the first trailer which doesn't show too much other than "here's some stuff". The next one will probably have some of those things. I agree it wasn't as neat as the comic con trailer (or what the comic con trailer appeared to be)

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I will never forgive that movie for basically wasting Kelsey Grammer as The Beast.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Oh man, yeah. That was a nothing role and a shame too, he played it so well. All I remember is him talking and one shot of him jumping in the air.

What a dull film by a dull disgusting human being.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

LionArcher posted:

You know what’s funny, iron man one had a good score, (and a great tony makes poo poo song that they never did but should have Reused) but they never hired that dude back. He now does Westworld and GOT scores, and they’re great

Ramin Djawadi is dope and unlike Giacchino he didn't catch lightning in a bottle once and then halfheartedly recycle it for the next ten years.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Why can’t you guys just be excited about a film we’ve waited a decade for?

It’s very clear that Cap (and obviously) Spidey & Vision are toast. I’m also suspecting that Black Panther will literally die defending Wakanda.

It also appears that Iron Man and gang are leading Thanos on a chase to lure him away from earth.

Any speculation that Cap’s shield will look considerably different considering it will be made in Wakanda?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

John Brown posted:

who's 'we'? cause it ain't you and me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

John Brown posted:

because it looks like poo poo.

Someone on my feed posted this shot talking about how excited the trailer made him and im having trouble seeing what exactly im supposed to be excited about here:

Bunch of peoples running in a CGI jungle. Cool???? It's only now that im noticing falcon is even there because in the trailer he just blends into the background and War Machine nearly gets lost in all that poo poo too. It looks really bad.

• Locked thread