Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Lucid Nonsense posted:

For their situation, that's an unknown. Personally, I have a cousin that is mentally retarded, and my aunt and uncle cared for her until they were no longer capable (uncle is dead, aunt needs to move into a home herself). In hindsight, they were happy and well adjusted, so it likely takes acceptance from the start to make it a life you'd be satisfied with.

I have worked with a couple mildly mentally retarded people (one works at a soup kitchen I helped at before I moved) and if other people weren't abusive assholes she'd be totally fine on her own as a member of a society that had any compassion for other people !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Haifisch posted:

My [20sF] BF [20sM] of a year has a severely disabled brother. We might have a problem.

:can:

Childfree really is the gift that keeps on giving. It really means "I will not give a poo poo about others and expect all others to consider me their highest priority." Has she even interacted with his brother?

I get feeling tricked if he originally said one thing and suddenly dropped this on her once they were married. But he is letting her know its a possibility and if she can't handle that, then :sever:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

VanSandman posted:

gently caress off with this poo poo Pick, just because you’re a joyless husk that couldn’t sleep with a disabled man doesn’t mean you have to drag your hatred of them and delight in their misery into this thread.

Psst. She lives for posts like yours.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Dienes posted:

Childfree really is the gift that keeps on giving. It really means "I will not give a poo poo about others and expect all others to consider me their highest priority." Has she even interacted with his brother?

I get feeling tricked if he originally said one thing and suddenly dropped this on her once they were married. But he is letting her know its a possibility and if she can't handle that, then :sever:

I couldn't evaluate the fundamental facts of that post because I couldn't get past how self-centered, and up her own rear end this woman was.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Dienes posted:

The anti-childfree people are way, way worse than the childfree people.

Childfree: Minding my own goddamn business, leave me alone!
Anti-Childfree: You monster, why do you hate the annoying parasites that we want to force you to deal with constantly and not complain about!?

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Welcome to the jungle, it gets worse here every day

Pick posted:

I have worked with a couple mildly mentally retarded people (one works at a soup kitchen I helped at before I moved) and if other people weren't abusive assholes she'd be totally fine on her own as a member of a society that had any compassion for other people !

Yep, that's my brother. He has a low IQ, but is only on the low end of average, and was put into special ed classes because of his temperament. He was bullied badly, and he now deals with depression and can't deal with any social interaction. He's gone to a few trade schools (plumbing, autobody work, culinary school) and completed the course, but every time he'd get a job, he was too awkward to fit in.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Three Olives posted:

The anti-childfree people are way, way worse than the childfree people.

Childfree: Minding my own goddamn business, leave me alone!
Anti-Childfree: You monster, why do you hate the annoying parasites that we want to force you to deal with constantly and not complain about!?

not really, unless you are a broken human being with a malformed sense of social interaction

nobody knows that kids are annoying more than parents, but hating children is like hating animals. it's a sign of mental distress

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

boner confessor posted:

not really, unless you are a broken human being with a malformed sense of social interaction

nobody knows that kids are annoying more than parents, but hating children is like hating animals. it's a sign of mental distress

No, I love dogs, I have two of them but if someone let one bark and run around brunch at a restaurant I would be completely reasonable to demand that they be removed from the establishment but people think their filthy kids are allowed to act even worse.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Childfree people are selfish rear end in a top hat teenagers that never grew up. They’re equivalent to militant atheists, vegans, or whatever. Intolerant assholes without the awareness that people don’t give a gently caress about their preferences. You don’t like kids? Good for you. No, you’re not super smart because you’re the only one that realized that kids are annoying - we all know it.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

cowofwar posted:

Childfree people are selfish rear end in a top hat teenagers that never grew up. They’re equivalent to militant atheists, vegans, or whatever. Intolerant assholes without the awareness that people don’t give a gently caress about their preferences. You don’t like kids? Good for you. No, you’re not super smart because you’re the only one that realized that kids are annoying - we all know it.

Awesome, keep them at Chuck E Cheese, McDonalds or with a sitter and it won't be a problem, I don't bring my dogs to the grocery store.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Usually the childfree people are the ones complaining about children at McDonald's, Chuck E Cheese and Harry Potter movies. Also, not everyone can afford a babysitter for every mundane task.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also, not everyone can afford a babysitter for every mundane task.

then start crate training early!

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Inescapable Duck posted:

Also, not everyone can afford a babysitter for every mundane task.

Cool, I want some pet otters, can't afford those so I don't have pet otters. The rest of us are not responsible for your poor life choices.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Three Olives posted:

Awesome, keep them at Chuck E Cheese, McDonalds or with a sitter and it won't be a problem, I don't bring my dogs to the grocery store.
Kids aren’t dogs. Making that comparison is dumb. Disruptive children in a public place are annoying, especially when you are trying to enjoy yourself or whatever, but welcome to society and being an adult - you don’t always get what you want and you’re not entitled to it either.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

cowofwar posted:

Kids aren’t dogs.

No, I promise you that my dogs are cleaner and much better behaved than 90% of the children that I see at the grocery store, in fact I would be mortified if my dogs acted as poorly at the dog park as I see children and their rear end in a top hat parents act at the grocery store.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I dislike children. But I recognise one important point: children are an absolute requirement for the continued existence of society. Without children, i will eventually die cold starving and alone. As will everybody else.

Given that, we are going to have to arrange for some people to have and raise children. I don't know how we're going to come up with the wages for that, let alone expenses...

Wait, you say people will do it for free? And not only that, but they'll pay the costs or of their own pocket?
Wow. We should... let them, i guess. And thank them for their sacrifice.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

I dislike children. But I recognise one important point: children are an absolute requirement for the continued existence of society. Without children, i will eventually die cold starving and alone. As will everybody else.

Given that, we are going to have to arrange for some people to have and raise children. I don't know how we're going to come up with the wages for that, let alone expenses...

Wait, you say people will do it for free? And not only that, but they'll pay the costs or of their own pocket?
Wow. We should... let them, i guess. And thank them for their sacrifice.

We do not have a shortage of children, we can't even take care of the ones we already have.

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
I live in a large city. I take public transportation frequently. I work in a hospitality-tourism job dealing with members of the public for hours and hours on end in a never ending stream.

Kids are, sometimes, annoying. The vast majority of the time, they're no more or less annoying then literally anything else happening and in fact are frequently just part of the generally annoying but cool fabric of life.

Not everyone will feel this way and that's cool. But I've had I think three cases of screaming tantrums where the kid is clearly just being a massive rear end in a top hat and was never trained to be a member of society, a bunch of cases where there was a cranky and tired kid throwing a tantrum somewhere that was quickly dealt with, and SO MANY MORE cases of adult assholes with no sense of right or wrong acting like they're the biggest dicks on the planet.

gently caress adults.

Benagain fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Nov 30, 2017

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

I have no mouth and I must post
Pull up thread, pull up

I (26F) found out my boyfriend of 3 months (27M) has been sleeping in a patch of his own semen for months/possibly years, I am horrified

quote:

I wish this was a troll post but it isn't. Yes I took photos if anybody is morbidly curious. I have been with my boyfriend for 3 months but have never spent the night together because we are both questioning whether we're asexual. We are essentially friends who kiss and cuddle sometimes, but we both like our space.

On Monday he broke his leg and was in the hospital and asked me to go over to his place and clear up for when his friends would have to take him home and help him put his leg up. He gave me the key and I went over there.

The place wasn't too bad, a lot of empty coke cans and the toilet needed bleaching but meh. Then I went to change his sheets. Oh god. The smell. The pillow and sheets were damp and smelled very very bad I won't go into unecessary detail but I honestly think they haven't been changed since he moved there nearly 2 years ago. I was retching. The pillow inside was GREEN.

So I decided to attempt to wash the sheets, but on the sheet you lay on, there was a weird yellow stain which I have discovered after some weird google searches is 100% a semen stain, a lot of them in the same spot. This must have been going on a long time. It somehow had left an even bigger stain on the mattress protector, and has even gone through to the mattress. It has gone through the mattress protector. I cannot emphasise how gross this was.

I boiled the sheets and washed them several times so that whoever brought him home and helped him onto the bed wouldn't have to see that, but it just left a big yellow faded stain. He had no spare bedding that I could find, so I left it to dry, flipped the mattress, and got out of there.

Absolutely nothing has been said about it since and I have not seen him or text back much since then. I am shocked. I have thought this through and since he sleeps on a single bed and is quite a large guy, there is no way he could be avoiding that patch. He has been sleeping in his own semen. Sometimes he doesn't smell very fresh if he hasn't showered, but usually he showers and talcs up immediately before I see him, and his clothes always smell clean, so I am baffled why the bed is a cesspit.

So, this is a bit of a dealbreaker for me understandably but my question is how do I put this to him without offending him? I am worried maybe something more serious is going on here and he might be mentally ill or something. I just can't get my head around leaving a stain like that for so long and sleeping in your own semen and not caring.

Part of me wants to give him a chance to change but he is approaching 30 years old and he is quite lazy in general, and the fact he hasn't even thanked me for sorting the bed out has not impressed me either. But I can't walk away if he might need help.

TL;DR had to clean boyfriends apartment up, found a massive cum patch in the bed thats been there months if not years, he has been sleeping in it, hygiene issues, I want to dump him, how do I tell him/general advice please

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
"talcs up"?????

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
?????????????????????

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

Pick posted:

"talcs up"?????

He sprinkles a bit of talcum powder on his twig 'n' berries for that baby fresh scent.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
"we are both questioning whether we're asexual"

I hope finding the cum puddle has no effect on your decision. Also you can just buy him new sheets, call it a going away present.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Pick posted:

"talcs up"?????

Yeah for chafing. Dude probably uses taclum powder/similar thing for where his skin rubs against itself.

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

La Brea Carpet posted:

Pull up thread, pull up

I (26F) found out my boyfriend of 3 months (27M) has been sleeping in a patch of his own semen for months/possibly years, I am horrified

Could just be a pisser. Seems like semen would turn it into a sheet of plywood after that time frame, that is if the cumbox or cumsock or cumtowel seen in other threads is an indicator. No mushrooms growing out of it is a positive sign.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
His ceiling could have a leak

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

dudeness posted:

"we are both questioning whether we're asexual"

I hope finding the cum puddle has no effect on your decision. Also you can just buy him new sheets, call it a going away present.

I missed the asexual bit. That makes me wonder if he's in denial about his nocturnal emissions (in addition to being a disgusting subhuman filth beast who wallows in his own moldy cum).

Lucid Nonsense
Aug 6, 2009

Wait,

quote:

The pillow inside was GREEN.

was it an anime pillow?

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

La Brea Carpet posted:

Pull up thread, pull up

quote:

I have been with my boyfriend for 3 months but have never spent the night together because we are both questioning whether we're asexual. We are essentially friends who kiss and cuddle sometimes, but we both like our space.

I am shocked. I have thought this through and since he sleeps on a single bed and is quite a large guy
usually he showers and talcs up immediately before I see him

I am worried maybe something more serious is going on here and he might be mentally ill or something.
Part of me wants to give him a chance to change but he is approaching 30 years old and he is quite lazy in general, and the fact he hasn't even thanked me for sorting the bed out has not impressed me either.
But I can't walk away if he might need help.

She clearly does not deserve better given how she seems clearly resigned to making this awful thing work if it wasn't for the semen stain.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Straight women aren't gay men, they have to date straight men, really you ought to know what a sad prospect that is.

La Brea Carpet
Nov 22, 2007

My [34/m] wife [31/f] has caused me to lose all of my friends because of an incident that happened on Monday. I may have lost my job?

quote:

Of course I'm going to use fake names for this. I don't need my friends getting more pissed off at me in the event that they browse this Subreddit. I need to give background because this incident didn't really come out of nowhere and so it may be a little long.

Four years ago Britney and Roger became my new neighbors and my wife and I have been close friends with them since Britney knocked on our door introducing herself with a pie(she's that kind of person). Roger became my best friend and when I lost my job, he gave me a position at his company. It paid more than my old job and when my dad was dealing with health issues,
Roger gave me an excessive amount of paid time off. I simply cannot stress how much Roger and Britney have done for us.

Last May, Susan and I started trying for children but it has been very difficult. When Britney became pregnant, she started saying nasty things to me about her. It really reminded me of high school antics because she would spend a day with Britney but as soon as she got home, she's criticize her clothing, etc. She would complain that Britney got more attention that her when they were in public. When Britney was honored at her job, Susan said she would show up to support her but made me stay home that day with her.

I honestly began to look at my wife differently but I told her that although our situation is painful, we should be happy for our friends. I asked her if she could try her hardest because Roger and Britney would be happy for us.

On Monday, we were having a bbq at Roger's and my wife noticed that Britney was wearing a new ring. She asked Britney wear she got it from and she said JC Penney.

My wife said there was no way that she got the ring from there and to be honest. It seemed playful when Britney told her, "from my husband" but Susan actually started to get angry. I also thought Britney was lying about getting it from JC Penney but it wasn't a big deal and if anything, it was rude of my wife to ask.

Apparently, Susan had been harassing Britney via text and I only found out when Roger messaged me saying, "You know what, I got it from [company name]". I told Susan and she looked on the website so that I can order the ring for her. I said maybe just to calm her down. We found a similar ring on the site that is literally a quarter of a million dollars. Susan lost it and threw her phone at the wall, causing it to break. We got into a fight because of that and I left to stay in a hotel. Honestly her behavior had been getting out of hand (more happened but this is getting way too long already).

I blocked her number because she wouldn't stop texting/calling me. I planned on speaking to her in the morning when we both calmed down but I woke up to an email that stated Britney and Roger must be involved in drugs to afford. Nevermind Roger owning a successful company and being essentially a trust fund baby.

It was a very formal email with screenshots of the website and similar ring for "proof". She mentioned how Britney and Roger were flaunting their wealth. Nevermind that if Roger hadn't told me about his inheritance while drunk a few years ago, and knowing he owned the company I work at, I wouldn't know they were wealthy at all. We are literally neighbors in the same upper-middle class neighborhood and they only own Hondas.

Worst is that she accused Britney of not being able to be a fit parent because of her childhood abuse. I didn't know that Britney was abused and she shouldn't have mentioned that. The entire email was disgusting and oh yeah, she copied ALL of our mutual friends with Britney and Roger and she even copied them!

Since then, I haven't been able to get in contact with any of my friends. I've apologized to all of them for my wife's behavior and I tried to talk to Roger in person but he said he was busy.
Today at work, I was scheduled for a meeting with a supervisor. I tried to ask what it was about, but she didn't respond to my email. I could be overreacting but I feel like it has something to do with what happened this week.

I tried to get Susan to apologize but of course, she's the victim in this situation. She said she would attend marriage counseling with me but I'm at my wit's end.
My personal and professional life is in shreds right now and I don't know what to do.
---
tl;dr: Wife sent nasty email to friends about my best friend's wife. My best friend also owns the company I work for. Is there any way to fix this?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [34/m] wife [31/f] has caused me to lose all of my friends because of an incident that happened on Monday. I may have lost my job?

Hahahahahaha

:sever:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

My mom [55F] invited my[21M] girlfriend [21F] over for holiday dinners this year...then un-invited her after the first one without any reason, other than it's uncomfortable having non-family there? Relationships (self.relationships)

quote:

I go to school 3 hours from home and I have 2 older sisters that have already graduated and returned to the city for their jobs. So we're all pretty close to home and have family get togethers often, and always have big dinners for holidays. My girlfriend is from France (international student) so my mom invited her to Thanksgiving dinner with us because she said she shouldn't be in the dorms and that she should come for Christmas too, if she wasn't planning to fly home. She has a job here and only goes home for the summer. She loved the idea and thought my family was so generous to offer.

She came over for Thanksgiving and my sisters acted really quiet and didn't talk very much. They both have not been in relationships "serious enough" (their words lol) to bring someone to holidays so I think they felt awkward about that, and didn't like that I was the only one to bring someone. My mom, who was initially very excited about having my girlfriend over, also was quiet and not very welcoming. It was really strange considering they're usually so outgoing and extroverted. They now are telling me they don't want her over for Christmas because it feels weird to have someone who isn't a family member over...Am I wrong, or isn't it common for people to bring SO's over for holidays?? Like at a certain point, people get married and either spend the holiday with their SO or bring their SO to their own family, or vice versa..

I asked if Sandrine did anything to upset or offend them - although I certainly didn't think so, I just couldn't understand why they would have invited her in the first place if they didn't want non-family at the dinner. They insisted she was sweet and didn't do anything, just that they "couldn't be themselves" around her...

I feel really terrible about having to tell Sandrine this. Of course she will jump to the conclusion that they don't like her, right? How else does it sound? I'll be really uncomfortable going to dinner now because I'm going to be wondering why they didn't want her there with me. Should Sandrine and I just do our own thing for Christmas or is that unnecessarily harsh to my family?

tl;dr: Girlfriend from France invited to Thanksgiving and Christmas, then uninvited from Christmas after Thanksgiving...family insists she didn't do anything wrong but that they feel uncomfortable having someone who isn't family at our holiday gatherings. I'm not sure how to tell Sandrine or what to do.

A family of Goons.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
From the comments:

quote:

foreverontiptoes 24 points 1 hour ago
Divorce your crazy rear end wife.

mybrowneyed_gal[S] 8 points 1 hour ago
If marriage counseling doesn't work or if she doesn't go to our appointment, that will be the next step. I just don't want to give up on my marriage so easily.

Whelp at least everyone's all on the same page here about this

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I (25f) just hooked up with my husband's (30m) ex's (30f) husband (29m)...

quote:

I have been with my husband for 4 years, known him and his ex since 2008.

* My Husband: Nate
* His Ex: Stef
* Her New Husband (the guy she cheated with): Rob

First of all, Nate and I have an open marriage where we both have casual sex on the side, no relationships, and we keep the gritty details to ourselves. He knows I was out with a dude I met via Tinder tonight and was asleep when I came home, thankfully, because I have no loving idea what to tell him. Usually we will simply ask how things went and respond with "It went well" or "Not so great" and not really elaborate on the subject. It works for us and we are happy with our situation.

Nate and Stef were together from age 14 until age 25. They were in no uncertain terms monogamous. He was hopelessly devoted to her and she cheated on him. I found this out right before their break up because she tried to use me as an alibi and I told her I would not be a part of her deception and if she didn't tell him, I would. So, she told Nate, they broke up. Nate and I got together shortly afterwards and have been non-monogamous since the beginning. Stef has been with Rob ever since and they've been married a little over a year. I had never seen nor met this dude until now as I lived in a different city until Nate and I got together and I don't do social media. They are monogamous, as this is what this dude told me AFTER we hooked up. Rob lied to me on Tinder saying he was also in an open relationship.

Rob and I had a great time getting drinks and watching hockey. He is very similar physically to Nate, which is just my type. He lives really close to my place and we walked back to his after getting sufficiently loose what with the drinking. Now, by the time we were getting into his house we were busy making out and tearing each other's clothes off, so I didn't really take in my scenery. We made out and had (protected) sex on his couch. After we finish, we are hanging out a bit and he asks me if I'd like to stay over and I said, "Sure, why not!" He specifically says not to mind the wedding photos, but being in a similar situation, it doesn't phase me. We move to the bedroom and I am instantly greeted with a 16"x20" wedding photo and the bride is unmistakably Stef. My body instantly went cold. Nate was completely shattered when Stef betrayed him, and he had even met Rob a few times as she'd invite him to parties and such.

It hit me like a ton of bricks that I was in Stef's house. The furniture, the decor, the loving CAT, and everything was hers and I remember it from when she and Nate were still together. I had no idea where she lived, but apparently it's right down the block from me. I feel like a loving idiot because I didn't even take the time to look at this poo poo, but who can predict this sort of thing happening. Rob could obviously read that something was wrong because I went from post-coital glow to white as a ghost in a few seconds. I just stammered out "Your wife... is Stefanie [MaidenName]??? Are you loving kidding me right now..." He went white as well and I am still standing there completely naked just shocked. I try to gather my things and I'm trying to put on my clothes and he is asking me how I knew her, telling me that he is sorry but he lied about them being open, that she was out of town and he hasn't had sex in over 10 months (not my problem..), and just rambling on. After the initial "WTF" shock wore off I told him that I had to go, that I don't know what I'm going to do, and just left despite his pleading. Luckily I live less than 4 blocks away...

So I have been home for two hours, frantically texting my best friend and repeating "What the gently caress" over and over to myself.

This is a problem because I know Nate will be absolutely shattered to know that I had sex with Rob. He was essentially the dude who stole his woman, and now Rob has had Nate's current wife! I can't NOT tell him because I am not interested in omitting something like this.

Now I am in a spot where I want to tell Nate because he needs to hear it from me. I also want to tell Stef because while she is a cheater, she still needs to know her husband is loving girls from Tinder. I also want to set myself on fire because I feel so loving disgusting. I feel like this is the kind of boundary that neither Nate nor I wanted to cross and I know it will probably change the dynamic of our marriage. Nate is a sensitive dude and will be upset about it. I doubt he will be upset with me, just in general. I also am in a spot where I can't morally not tell Stef, but I also really do not like her because of how she went about ending things with Nate.

Please, reddit, tell me how to save my marriage and be at peace with myself. Do I HAVE to tell Stef (my heart says yes... but my brain says to stay out of it)??? WTF kind of BS is this? I don't know what to do and I feel gross.

tl;dr Husband's ex left him for a dude. That dude and I met on Tinder and hooked up. I am in an open relationship. He lied and said he was also in an open relationship. Turns out he is monogamous with my husband's ex.

quote:

Edit A few things: Nate isn't a cuckold, he gets laid as much as I do. Perhaps even more. Nate is an attractive dude in a social industry and has more than enough prospects. He isn't the one having to use Tinder... Please stop insinuating he's home crying pathetically while I've got 12 dicks in me. This is not the case.

As far at the not telling the gritty details, we don't describe the pick up or the sex, but we still are aware of other partners and in no way do either of us date other people. Mostly one night stands or very casual sexual relationships. Nate and I are married and we like being with each other.

Also: I did tell Nate about it this morning. We are taking the day off of work to refocus a bit and talk about it and try to figure out where to go from here. I will post a proper update on this in a couple of days when the dust settles a bit if you'd like to hear it. I'm going to respond to more comments in a bit because it seems like people have the wrong idea based on some paragraphs I've written.

end edit

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

/r/relationships: Please stop insinuating he's home crying pathetically

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
I feel an urge to mipmap this thread.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I feel an urge to mipmap this thread.

Do it. Dooo iiit.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Serephina posted:

From the comments:

Whelp at least everyone's all on the same page here about this

comments are a smidgen sad tho, sounds like dude had already made up his mind long ago and is bragging about how many missed calls he got from her when she needed him before the public meltdown. Like not to say I think anyone should have had to put up with that or he was obligated to be her babysitter or anything, just that it feels like it was a problem that could have been addressed before it got so out of hand.

ArbitraryC fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Nov 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
childfree horror ahead, for real though :(

I [29M] was told that my wife [33F] physically hurt my niece [4F] at a family gathering. Head is spinning, what to do?

quote:

My wife and I have been together for 5 years, married for 2. Last weekend we were at my parent's for a big Thanksgiving gathering. My sisters were there as well as my little nieces and nephews [4-8years].

A little background, my wife and I are both childfree. However, when we first met I was still on the fence regarding children. It caused a lot of fights between us because I felt like she was aggressively pulling me to her side, when I really just needed time to myself to decide. Anyways as a result she has become a lot more anti-children than I am, and she openly complains about how annoying and bratty my nieces and nephews are. I endure it because I know where she's coming from (fear of me changing my mind) so I try to reassure her as much as possible. As a result we RARELY go to my family's gatherings because she says the kids give her massive migraines.

Well, Thanksgiving was literally the one event a year we go to see my parents. Of course my sisters and their kids are there, but usually the kids stay in the basement playing games the entire time while the adults are upstairs. Maybe an hour or two into the party my wife complains of a headache and needs to lie down. The upstairs bedrooms are occupied by my sisters and their husbands suitcases and things, so my parents offer their own bedroom. My wife turns it down and asks if there are any other spares. Well, there's a spare bedroom suite in the basement, but I tell her the kids are playing down there so it won't be very quiet. She decides to go down there anyways.

After an hour I go down there to check on her. Her door is closed and locked so I assume she's asleep. However, before I leave I see my little niece sitting on the couch in the basement living room sniffling like she was just crying. I don't see the boys around so I ask her if they were bullying her. She takes one look at me and just starts wailing. I get really concerned so I find the boys in the other room and drag them over, assuming they did something bad.

What they told me shook me to my core. Apparently when my wife went down she locked the door, and my niece thought it'd be fun to slip pieces of drawings she did underneath the door. She sat outside my wife's door for awhile until my wife opened it and told her to go away. According to the boys, she kept sitting there, drawing, and doing the same thing. So, my wife whipped open the door and took my niece by her arm and pinched/twisted the flesh under her armpit. They said the girl shrieked and started crying and the boys try to grab her back but my wife wouldn't let go.

So that happened roughly 10min before I came down. I asked the boys why they didn't tell their parents and they said they were scared. I comforted my niece for a while and asked her what happened and she told me the same story, that my wife hurt her really bad and she just wanted to give her drawings as presents. She kept asking me to bring her to her mom so I took her back upstairs.

Well, since that party my wife REFUSES to say what happened. I asked her several times if the boys were lying and she just says look they wouldn't stop bothering me but I didn't hurt them. i ask her what she did then and she just ignores me and goes on and on about how she didn't want to go in the first place and that the kids are little hellions. I can't tell if it's her usual dislike of my nieces or nephews or if it's transformed into something much worse. It's driving me crazy that she won't just say she didn't do it. I don't think my sisters know anything either and I don't know what I should say or do?

I don't know if I should assume the worst or give my wife the benefit of the doubt that things didn't happen the way my nephews/niece claimed it happened. But it's hard because she won't give me the full story either! She's told me to drop it and stop bothering her with that night now and I don't know what to do. I'm caught between talking to my sisters/parents and telling them what happened or keeping my mouth shut and believing my wife?

tl;dr: Nephews told me that they saw my wife hurting my little niece at our Thanksgiving party. Niece says same thing, but wife refuses to recount anything from that night. Not sure who to believe and I still haven't told their parents yet and I don't know if I should?

this crazy gently caress planned this all out, she put herself in the basement by the kids, and specifically hurt the niece somewhere it wouldn't show. Jesus loving Christ.