Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

is the "perm edwards" guy even here anymore? my brain has been completely poisoned by these forums that i can only recognize him as "perm edwards" even though i have no idea why that is even an insult or (on rare occasions) the herminator.

the only two usernames on here i've ever cared about are 'big money big clit' and 'HUGE PUBES A PLUS.'

i'm sensing a pattern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

LeeMajors posted:

the only two usernames on here i've ever cared about are 'big money big clit' and 'HUGE PUBES A PLUS.'

i'm sensing a pattern

How could you forget legendary forums poster PUSSY MASTER 007

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I don't think Butch attended our game today.

Does the Tennessee basketball team also have a trash can they put all the turnovers in?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Benne posted:

i mean that one's kinda funny but i giggle like a girl every time i see the other two.

i'm easily amused.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

SourKraut posted:

Hold on, I need to register firehermedwards.com, it can't start too soon.
If I was a dick I'd register this and redirect it to Arizona athletics.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Komet posted:

Does the Tennessee basketball team also have a trash can they put all the turnovers in?

Yeah it’s the opponents basket :whatup:

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

If I was a dick I'd register this and redirect it to Arizona athletics.

You could, you guys are going to be owning us in every other way anyway the next few years.

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yeah it’s the opponents basket :whatup:

*Slow clap*

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Joey Freshwater posted:

I’m mad they don’t have his helmet on him in the new trailer. Hopefully he wears it later in the film

He looks like Bruce Willis ate the Violet Beauregard candy in Willy Wonka’s factory

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LeeMajors posted:

i'm sensing a pattern

Benne posted:

Kotex God of Blood

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ehud posted:

when did that happen

I went through his defenses and they were all mostly pretty positive results.

Sorry I forgot the word "passing"

https://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/passing/position/defense/sort/passingYards/year/2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i'm a fan of Big Ol Marsh Pussy

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So the journalists that wrote articles sucking off the Tennessee fan base for “doing the right thing”, they probably feel pretty dumb in light of this Dave Doeren poo poo huh?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Mahoning posted:

So the journalists that wrote articles sucking off the Tennessee fan base for “doing the right thing”, they probably feel pretty dumb in light of this Dave Doeren poo poo huh?

So what exactly is the Dave Doeren mess anyway?

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

This... this is a joke, right?

https://twitter.com/DonteStallworth/status/936093254881349633

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

todd grantham isnt todd graham

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Given all that happened so far, 100% believable.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Vice Zoomler Aestro posted:

Anyone that remembers how he parted with Oakland, Tennessee, USC or Alabama will realize he's an over-rated coach and tremendous rear end in a top hat.

I thought usc parted with him

The asu AD going full robber baron and burning down the house while robbing it is pretty funny

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

iospace posted:

So what exactly is the Dave Doeren mess anyway?

https://twitter.com/wesrucker247/status/936035345241698312

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Mahoning posted:

They didn't hire Greg Schiano so they still win no matter what happens

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

lol there’s no way that’s true and he’s just spitting out some dumb poo poo Clay Travis was saying earlier today

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
isn't he the guy that killed a woman while driving drunk?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Benne posted:

They didn't hire Greg Schiano so they still win no matter what happens

We still can't rule this out as a possibility.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Asproigerosis posted:

isn't he the guy that killed a woman while driving drunk?

Male crane operator, but yeah. His lawyers tried to get him off the hook as the victim was not in a crosswalk at the time, but Stallworth, to his credit, decided to take his lumps and did his time.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Herm Edwards to ASU is pretty much official lmao

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Meanwhile, Tennessee still lacks a coach. What wonders will tomorrow bring :allears:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

e: nah

iospace fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Nov 30, 2017

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Tough choice

https://twitter.com/jwgiglio/status/936101702347960321

[edit]
https://twitter.com/slmandel/status/936107278326841344

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
e: ^ - the Atlantic has been better than the East virtually the entire time Doeren has been at NCSU, comparing the records is just dumb and so typical of Mandel.

I'm going to just say I don't think Doeren is at all as bad as people make him out to be. He unfortunately signed up to NCSU at the same time Clemson and FSU decided to become top 5 regulars oh and Lamar Jackson also existed. He finished 2nd in the Atlantic this year even. He's actually recruiting quite well this year to boot. On top of that despite somewhat similar records anyone who's watched the ACC would struggle to say the teams haven't improved each year.

I in know way see the SEC East matching the ACC Atlantic for several years so, ya know, it honestly doesn't seem like a bad fit to me at all.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Nov 30, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

hifi posted:

todd grantham isnt todd graham

poo poo.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

Male crane operator, but yeah. His lawyers tried to get him off the hook as the victim was not in a crosswalk at the time, but Stallworth, to his credit, decided to take his lumps and did his time.

To his credit Stallworth probably would have gotten off without any penalty and handled that about as well as a man driving drunk killing a person could handle it.

Which is obviously badly since he put himself in the situation and the man is dead, but...you know. It could have been much more self-serving.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

To his credit Stallworth probably would have gotten off without any penalty and handled that about as well as a man driving drunk killing a person could handle it.

Which is obviously badly since he put himself in the situation and the man is dead, but...you know.

Yeah, I phrased it badly but there you go. It's been a long week of lack of sleep.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
The whole point of firing Butch was to find someone that would get more wins than Butch. Yeah, the W-L isn't a great direct comparison across conferences, but it's not like there's anything we've seen from Doeren that leads anyone to think he'll do any better. Tennessee fans want to be a national power again, not have a pretty good year every once in a while.

Or as a certain wide receiver with a DUI manslaughter guilty plea told me in a DM two days ago, "I just want someone who bleeds orange. I’m sick of this mediocre poo poo."

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
and really who bleeds orange more than the guy who coached there for like 6 months and then bolted as soon as possible causing a near riot

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

The whole point of firing Butch was to find someone that would get more wins than Butch. Yeah, the W-L isn't a great direct comparison across conferences, but it's not like there's anything we've seen from Doeren that leads anyone to think he'll do any better. Tennessee fans want to be a national power again, not have a pretty good year every once in a while.

Or as a certain wide receiver with a DUI manslaughter guilty plea told me in a DM two days ago, "I just want someone who bleeds orange. I’m sick of this mediocre poo poo."

Doeren's success in the Atlantic is incredibly similar to Mullen's in the West. It's a middling-at-best program that plays in the shadow of multiple top 5 powers in a given year that each coach turned into a threatening program not to be taken lightly anymore. Mullen's finishes in the West are, counting this year, 2nd place x 1, 4th place x 2, and a bunch of 5th places. Mullen never won the West and changed the landscape of the SEC but UF saw fit to make him their guy (admittedly eventually) and their hopes are no less than UT's. Doeren had Clemson sweating bullets for the last two years and in year 5 he's just really starting to get into the experienced part of his earliest classes and, not coincidentally, this is his best year thus far at NCSU. Like I said, I haven't seen NCSU go backwards on the field or in recruiting since he got there and with some real pull at a place like UT I think he could develop some really good talent.

What I'm saying is Doeren is the ACC's Mullen and considering how beyond thrilled you guys would have been to land him you really should look at Doeren the same way. At the very least I think, as with Mullen, he could bring UT back to a decent level of respectability in a shorter period of time and then you could like 5 years down the line fire off and get that stud coach to really put you where you want to be.

Doeren isn't remotely as bad as some of you make him out to be and at the worst I don't think he puts you in a worse place when his career ends which is drat sure not what you can say for the direction you're headed with this hire. I think you could pay a reasonable sum of money and get a good not great coach, which is as much as you could ask for right now.

The other option, and this is something your BOV would need to do, is to fire the AD, hire Hoke for a year, and go balls out next year with a new AD. I don't necessarily think this is a bad option either but I think you could do well with Doeren.

e: also he went 0-8 in the ACC his first year. 15-17 in the last 4 years isn't crazy good but the Atlantic has been one of the top 2 divisions in college football over that time period and has won 2 national titles and played for 3.
Again I think the similarities to Mullen are more striking than it may seem initially.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 30, 2017

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs
I'm like 50/50 on whether that Kiffin tweet was a joke.

Stallworth messaged me after he was talking about Tee Martin and I said he'd be a risk because of the limited experience, but he's well-liked enough that it'd probably save Currie's rear end.

Where the gently caress is Mike Norvell in all this anyway? His extension hasn't been announced yet and I think he'd be both a plausible and reasonably popular hire.

EDIT:

And yeah, I don't think Doeren would be an abject failure, but I do think it's fair to say he hasn't really accomplished anything more than Butch. I also think Mullen's over-valued, but he's certainly had some bigger wins than Doeren. And more to why he's more highly regarded is that people actually watched those wins on television.

Vice Zoomler Aestro fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Nov 30, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

but he's well-liked enough that it'd probably save Currie's rear end.

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is the worst case scenario for you guys in the long run.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Grittybeard posted:

I'm becoming more and more convinced that this is the worst case scenario for you guys in the long run.

Oh definitely. Currie's hosed this up pretty bad. At least the excuse for the Dooley hire was that Kiffin bolted quickly and close to signing day so most of the couching carousel had settled. And Butch was like option #4, but at the time it looked about on par with what the Brohm hire would be now. Currie came in as AD less than a year ago, and if he didn't know he'd be firing Butch Jones this year and needing a replacement then he's an even bigger idiot than the past week has made him appear. The search was extremely quiet before Schiano, so I'm wondering if that was really his first choice or if he was quietly rejected by a few others.

Not to mention that it's definitely too soon for Martin, and if he's hired then the second that starts to become clear then there'd be even more bad blood than there is right now. It would also set Martin back in his career more than if he sticks it out for another year or two and moves to a smaller program as HC.

At this point I'd be fine with Les Miles. I mean yeah, he's got his issues but he's still probably good enough to stabilize things and maybe compete for the East.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

i'll do it

i will coach the university of tennsee volunteers foot ball team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you think about it, Kiffin and Tennessee would be perfect for each other.

I mean we wouldn't really improve much and it'll just be probably another year of insanity until Kiffin leaves again or we burn him at the stake, but at this point might as well root for Chaos Team to go full-blown insanity. At least it'll be entertaining!

• Locked thread