Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Ainsley McTree posted:

For a flashpoint??? What the hell

It's kind of a combination of a chapter and a flashpoint. I think if you skip everything it's gonna be much quicker.

Edit - Timothy Zahn helped write it, you know it was gonna be long. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Edit - Timothy Zahn helped write it

I'm back on board

Does it have a solo version at least? I feel like I don't want to play with pubbies for that long.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
What makes it long is the way most of the mobs and bosses have been padded out with stupid amounts of HP or abilities to delay their inevitable deaths. They're not hard, just take longer to kill than they need to which drags it out.

Also make sure you do the SOLO mode and not STORY if you are doing it for the, well, story. Only SOLO counts even though STORY gets you an astounding 124 more base cxp!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

I'm back on board

Does it have a solo version at least? I feel like I don't want to play with pubbies for that long.

Yes, it has two story mode versions! A solo mode for the actual story that continues from Umbara and a Story mode that you can do whenever you want and skip cutscenes and not get credit for the mission like Aleth.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
That 124 more base cxp was totally worth it, though.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
Logged out for dinner and have now been sitting in a queue for SS for 25 minutes now. :psyduck:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

Logged out for dinner and have now been sitting in a queue for SS for 25 minutes now. :psyduck:

Yeah and I think it's actually a queue, and not the system crashing as per usual.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

Yeah and I think it's actually a queue, and not the system crashing as per usual.

It's definitely counting down, gone from 180 to 120 in about 45 minutes now. Too scared to log in/out to see if it's a bug tho.

Where do I pay Coins to move to the front of the line?

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

It's definitely counting down, gone from 180 to 120 in about 45 minutes now. Too scared to log in/out to see if it's a bug tho.

Where do I pay Coins to move to the front of the line?

They took Shan down.

Happy update day.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Medullah posted:

It's kind of a combination of a chapter and a flashpoint. I think if you skip everything it's gonna be much quicker.

Half the time for me was finding the goddamned storage containers. And then as many stuns as a WZ

(stealth class FTW)

Still a goddamned chore

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Medullah - it is that Temple Guardian. Gets you 20 coins for it, too.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Just finished Chapter One of the Sith Warrior storyline. Satisfying.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aleth posted:

Medullah - it is that Temple Guardian. Gets you 20 coins for it, too.

Nice, cruised through it.

Second time through with my Operative was about 25 minutes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Few things that I've noticed since yesterday.

- Solo mode flashpoints now drop the decoration associated with them as a 100% guaranteed reward for running the flashpoint.

- You can now choose which planetary missions you want to do (no more roulette until you get Ziost)

- The old "Complete 5 Missions" Galactic Command activity no longer exists for daily planets, it looks like the reward for it has been rolled into the weekly - when you select a planet like CZ-198 it gives you the weekly automatically instead of the Complete X missions like Heroic planets. This isn't a big deal if you are a sane person and only run dailies once per week for the huge Weekly bonus, but if you liked doing daily planets more than once a week, you can't anymore (well, not for any reasonable amount of CXP).

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

You can now choose which planetary missions you want to do (no more roulette until you get Ziost)

Yeah :iia: Best most competent change since making Ravage instant. Also Nar Shaddaa still auto completes for my Pub characters so that's even better.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah :iia: Best most competent change since making Ravage instant. Also Nar Shaddaa still auto completes for my Pub characters so that's even better.

Hahaha seriously? The longest lasting bug ever.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009
hmm I was mistaken and thought the new Augments cost 2 Memory Cores and 4 Matter Transwhatsits but it's 1 and 2 so I had enough from my initial crate opening to craft a full set for my Sorc. Also I may have just gotten unlucky on my drop rates (0.01% for Cores and 0.04% for Transwhatsits) cause I opened up 20 crates on a char working toward 300 this morning and got 2 Cores and 3 Transwhatsits.

No Overkill so I replaced with Versatile. Either an oversight from lolBioware or they're trying to streamline gearing and get rid of the Power vs Mastery debate, which would be funny considering crafting is getting more and more byzantine.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

hmm I was mistaken and thought the new Augments cost 2 Memory Cores and 4 Matter Transwhatsits but it's 1 and 2 so I had enough from my initial crate opening to craft a full set for my Sorc. Also I may have just gotten unlucky on my drop rates (0.01% for Cores and 0.04% for Transwhatsits) cause I opened up 20 crates on a char working toward 300 this morning and got 2 Cores and 3 Transwhatsits.

No Overkill so I replaced with Versatile. Either an oversight from lolBioware or they're trying to streamline gearing and get rid of the Power vs Mastery debate, which would be funny considering crafting is getting more and more byzantine.

Intentional. There's no Overkill and Fortitude augments because the new DPS/Heal augments add Power and the new Tank Augments add Endurance.

I'm lost on stats. The great Alacrity debate that was posted a month or so ago showing that it's pointless to go above 800 unless you're going REALLY high like 1500 flipped my brain, and I'm still not 100% sure what augs to craft. I haven't used Power or Mastery since 4.0, but I'm thinking it's time to go back to them.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

Given how little there was in the way of dialogue (compared to the length of the FP, at least), I'm guessing/hoping his involvement extends beyond just this single FP and into the current story arc?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sombrerotron posted:

Given how little there was in the way of dialogue (compared to the length of the FP, at least), I'm guessing/hoping his involvement extends beyond just this single FP and into the current story arc?

Did you do the [SOLO] mode or the [STORY] mode? Yep, they're separate today.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Medullah posted:

Did you do the [SOLO] mode or the [STORY] mode? Yep, they're separate today.
I'm pretty sure I did the solo mode and there were like three cutscenes of a few minutes each?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nice, looks like the PvP daily at Tier 4 gives you all 4 lockboxes (Tier 1-4)

Sombrerotron posted:

Wasn't really gunning for anything other than a few laughs, so thanks a bunch! Could I have the dance fever emote? Otherwise, I'd like the Plundered Spewie. You may send whichever to my main, Loveboat. :)

Edit - Sent this.

Medullah fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 29, 2017

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
The Copero FP might look nice but it is literally the worst slog in the game for me. I spent an hour and a half in there just grinding down these loving ridiculous mobs and I couldn't finish because I have something to do, so I'll have to do it all over again. What a loving waste of time.

My Sniper isn't super geared but I'm not terrible off - literally gently caress this instance.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

There's a bug right now where 3 gift types are dirt cheap on the Imperial side (Courting, Imperial Memoribilia and Cultural Artifacts) if you want to invest some credits and stock up. Bioware acknowledged and said have at it
[

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

Medullah posted:

There's a bug right now where 3 gift types are dirt cheap on the Imperial side (Courting, Imperial Memoribilia and Cultural Artifacts) if you want to invest some credits and stock up. Bioware acknowledged and said have at it
[

is this a trap? i don't want to get banned...

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

neurotic posted:

is this a trap? i don't want to get banned...

quote:

Yes, purchasing the cheap companion gifts is 100% fine. It was purchasing the free ones that was the problem.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Medullah posted:

I'm lost on stats. The great Alacrity debate that was posted a month or so ago showing that it's pointless to go above 800 unless you're going REALLY high like 1500 flipped my brain, and I'm still not 100% sure what augs to craft. I haven't used Power or Mastery since 4.0, but I'm thinking it's time to go back to them.

Before the new augments I ran 4913 Power, 1863 Crit, and 1155 Alac on my Corruption Sorc. That's 6 Crit and 8 Overkill augs and puts me at just shy of 50% Crit and 10.5% Alac. I would dump the Alac for Power in heartbeat except nowadays you're forced to take around 500 Alac if you care about DR, so ~10% i.e. an even 0.15 seconds off the GCD is a good minimum I feel. I've thought about dropping an Alac enhancement for Crit and switching two Crit augments for Overkill but meh what's 1%.

If I were playing a DoT-based AC or an AC with strict energy management like Bodyguard I'd shoot for ~1600 Alac.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Before the new augments I ran 4913 Power, 1863 Crit, and 1155 Alac on my Corruption Sorc. That's 6 Crit and 8 Overkill augs and puts me at just shy of 50% Crit and 10.5% Alac. I would dump the Alac for Power in heartbeat except nowadays you're forced to take around 500 Alac if you care about DR, so ~10% i.e. an even 0.15 seconds off the GCD is a good minimum I feel. I've thought about dropping an Alac enhancement for Crit and switching two Crit augments for Overkill but meh what's 1%.

If I were playing a DoT-based AC or an AC with strict energy management like Bodyguard I'd shoot for ~1600 Alac.

There was a post with a lot of math that I can't find that gave very specific numbers for alacrity, due to the way it rounds. I just remember "tier 1" was 800, I think "Tier 2" was 1600, and anything in between was wasted stats.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

Medullah posted:

There was a post with a lot of math that I can't find that gave very specific numbers for alacrity, due to the way it rounds. I just remember "tier 1" was 800, I think "Tier 2" was 1600, and anything in between was wasted stats.

Yeah that's for GCD reduction. It's something like the way it's calculated will round down when determining GCD. So if you have alacrity that's between 800 and 1600 or whatever it is effectively the same as just having 800, which is important for melee classes to know because that's about all they care about reducing (except for DoTs). Casted stuff doesn't have the same problem.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

nonentity posted:

That was not my call initially, but I've had some say in it lately, so I've been putting the better dual sabers on the back.

Is it just the polearms or have you been making some of the new dualsabers back holstered as well? Might roll an auto-70 Assassin if so.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Turbl posted:

Yeah that's for GCD reduction. It's something like the way it's calculated will round down when determining GCD. So if you have alacrity that's between 800 and 1600 or whatever it is effectively the same as just having 800, which is important for melee classes to know because that's about all they care about reducing (except for DoTs). Casted stuff doesn't have the same problem.

Yeah 1155 puts my force regen at 8.86 which the game rounds up to 8.9 while ~800 would put me at 8.63 which the game rounds down to 8.6. It also gives me a better return on my Innervate channel time.

The 800 thing is good to know on the Mara I just got to 70 though.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Those bugged gifts aren't exactly free, they're 960 credits each for the purple ones, which adds up, but it is a reasonable price and worth investing in some if you've got a lot of credits to burn.

Edit, so as not to double-post: The minipet they're giving out right now just for logging on is actually pretty rad, it's a mini Karagga mech with the infamous big purple hat on it.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 06:14 on Nov 30, 2017

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Those bugged gifts aren't exactly free, they're 960 credits each for the purple ones, which adds up, but it is a reasonable price and worth investing in some if you've got a lot of credits to burn.

Yeah but 960 credits vs 10,000 is a steep discount. :)

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Uhhh what? I just bought a hypercrate of the new packs and got mostly poo poo from old packs in it. I did get a couple of cool new things but most of what I got was stuff I already have from ages ago. Was there some kind of crazy change to how cartel packs work that I somehow never heard about? Is every new pack just supposed to be a grab bag of randomly mixed new and old poo poo? Is this a bug? Whatever it is, it's upsetting. I'm fairly used to being disappointed by these packs, but this time I really feel cheated.

Edit: Guess it's just how they work now. You get a whopping one new item per pack. That really sucks.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 07:18 on Nov 30, 2017

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Medullah posted:

[

And Hexid's favorite type is Cultural Artifacts, so it's the perfect time to powerlevel her.

Bug report: accidentally implemented space communism by removing the obfuscations put in to keep players from rewards.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Nov 30, 2017

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

LegionAreI posted:

The Copero FP might look nice but it is literally the worst slog in the game for me. I spent an hour and a half in there just grinding down these loving ridiculous mobs and I couldn't finish because I have something to do, so I'll have to do it all over again. What a loving waste of time.

My Sniper isn't super geared but I'm not terrible off - literally gently caress this instance.

Same with me on my tank bounty hunter. Took me 3 and a half hours.

Got to the end, then next thing I know, the game prompts a massive Nvidia Kernel error with a shader that nearly crashes my entire system. Never saw anything like this before from SWTOR or any other game until this instance. 3.5 to 4 hours wasted.

Oh and it happened at the last boss battle half way in.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

does this still have 12x xp or whatever so I don't have to do the stupid side quests

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Shredder posted:

does this still have 12x xp or whatever so I don't have to do the stupid side quests

Not right now but I expect for it to be back for Life Day

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Shredder posted:

XP was retooled in 4.0 so a subscriber with no XP boosts can level via class story and planetary quests only, no side missions. You can skip the planetary missions and do some heroic missions or PVP here and there to keep up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Medullah posted:

XP was retooled in 4.0 so a subscriber with no XP boosts can level via class story and planetary quests only, no side missions. You can skip the planetary missions and do some heroic missions or PVP here and there to keep up.

I can confirm doing heroics (manageable solo) and story quests will keep you properly geared (mostly) and definitely well leveled.