Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Any chance of getting Bobbi in Avengers was shattered when I saw promo art of Black Widow using the two sticks as weapons thing (I do not know what it is called).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Aleph Null posted:

Any chance of getting Bobbi in Avengers was shattered when I saw promo art of Black Widow using the two sticks as weapons thing (I do not know what it is called).

Eskrima/Arnis.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Black Widow even dyed her hair blonde.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mack is the best, but Bobbi was best girl. Bring back Bobbi.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Also I know it's like a year old but after watching the 17 minute preview yesterday I rewatched the Honest Trailers for shield and it was pretty great still.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Arrgytehpirate posted:

People who are the best (in no particular order):
Fitz
Simmons
Mack
Bobbie
Hunter
May
Daisy
Ward
Tripp
Coulson

:colbert:

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Strom Cuzewon posted:

People who are the best (in no particular order):
Fitz
Simmons
Mack
Bobbie
Hunter
May
Daisy
Ward
Tripp
Coulson

:colbert:

Tripp was a pre-evil-Ward-level of boring. Framework Tripp was good though.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ghost Rider still running unopposed for best skell

Nill
Aug 24, 2003

Arrgytehpirate posted:

Well she is already in space...

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

Nill posted:

Well she is already in space...

Um, excuse you, someone already made that joke :sideeye:

hangedman1984 posted:

Maybe the team and Bobbi will be able to meet back up, since she is in space currently.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

homullus posted:

It still amazes me to this day how incredibly far Fitzsimmons have come from season one. From :geno: to :black101: so quickly.

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

PierreTheMime posted:

It still amazes me to this day how incredibly far Fitzsimmons have come from season one. From :geno: to :black101: so quickly.

Brain damage and being stranded on an alien planet will do that

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Also Fitz was in the recent season 5 promo photos, so he's still around.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Klungar posted:

Based on the comments from the Russos that Infinity War is going to feature every character in the MCU up to this point, is there a non-zero chance that anyone from the show actually ends up in the movie? Coulson at the very least?

Yes, this time they will definitely appear in the movie!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

homullus posted:

I would also be ok with SHIELD actors making cameos on The Orville.

I have fantasy casted Halson Sage as Kate Bishop.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
So over in the DCTVU, they basically just dropped the mic and started chanting SERVED! at Marvel. While I have every confidence AoS will match or exceed them, something interesting happened: they openly referenced Spider Man, Hulk, and Captain America.

Dare to dream of a day where DC and Marvel cross over. :mmmhmm:

e: on tv for the love of gods keep the movies away from each other

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've made the argument in those threads but the Arrowverse is kind of the perfect adaption of the real feel of comic book and the must able to do crossover aspects. Shield will never get there because its too complicated to make this stuff happen across mediums and Avengers movies will be things but they'll be stand alone ones. But because the Arrowverse is all on one network with connected show runners and no one is some big star or anything they can bounce characters around, adapt to each other, and do a big ole crossover event that just manages to get everything in in a way Infinity War probably won't manage because there's just too many mega stars and production companies and whatever.

It doesn't make the Arrowverse the best of comic TV/film. It just makes it the best at doing something uniquely comic booky.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I've made the argument in those threads but the Arrowverse is kind of the perfect adaption of the real feel of comic book and the must able to do crossover aspects. Shield will never get there because its too complicated to make this stuff happen across mediums and Avengers movies will be things but they'll be stand alone ones. But because the Arrowverse is all on one network with connected show runners and no one is some big star or anything they can bounce characters around, adapt to each other, and do a big ole crossover event that just manages to get everything in in a way Infinity War probably won't manage because there's just too many mega stars and production companies and whatever.

It doesn't make the Arrowverse the best of comic TV/film. It just makes it the best at doing something uniquely comic booky.

they are both real real good op and it's a good time to be a comic book fan :)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah.

I dig the Arrowverse.
I dig SHIELD.
I dig the Netflix stuff.
I dig the MCU proper.
I... have Wonder Woman sitting next to my TV waiting for me to watch but just can't decide if I should rewatch Man of Steel and BvS to give them another chance to impress.

Its a good time for my inner child.

hangedman1984
Jul 25, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

can't decide if I should rewatch Man of Steel and BvS to give them another chance to impress.

:cawg:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah.

I dig the Arrowverse.
I dig SHIELD.
I dig the Netflix stuff.
I dig the MCU proper.

Boom de yada boom de yada boom de yada boom de yada.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean... some people REALLY, REALLY think they're good. I can't resist giving something like that a second chance. I've rewatched a lot of things just on the grounds that I couldn't be sure I wasn't missing something that made so many people love it.

I forgot Gifted and Legion. They're pretty good too. They're like the weird obscure comics I was reading on the side as a teen.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah.

I dig the Arrowverse.
I dig SHIELD.
I dig the Netflix stuff.
I dig the MCU proper.
I... have Wonder Woman sitting next to my TV waiting for me to watch but just can't decide if I should rewatch Man of Steel and BvS to give them another chance to impress.

watch wonder woman like right now

MoS is bad but has its moments

burn the copy of BvS

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

I mean... some people REALLY, REALLY think they're good. I can't resist giving something like that a second chance.

Those people are wrong, and possibly insane

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

STAC Goat posted:

I forgot Gifted and Legion. They're pretty good too. They're like the weird obscure comics I was reading on the side as a teen.

Gifted is neat, but Legion was loving incredible.

I'm not sure where they go with Season 2 and how they keep up the aesthetic though since David doesn't have the Fat Grey Brainworms any more.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah.

I dig the Arrowverse.
I dig SHIELD.
I dig the Netflix stuff.
I dig the MCU proper.

Man of Steel and Wonder Woman are pretty similar in many ways. They're both movies about powerful but naive heroes who wants to do the right thing but only has vague ideas of doing it, but WW figured it out by the end of her movie while Superman's arc progressed further in BvS. They both are really pretty movies to look at too.

With BvS you need to watch the Ultimate Edition since it adds a lot of story detail the theatrical cut only hinted at, like giving Lois a more important role and showing Lexcorp's involvement in the African incident. Plus, Batman beats up Lexcorp guards where one of them was played by a goon.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

biracial bear for uncut posted:

Ah, random boring mook that was written out of the show last year.

I'm putting you on ignore for that.

gently caress you.

The MSJ posted:

Also Fitz was in the recent season 5 promo photos, so he's still around.

He's got an alpha male leather jacket on too.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Nov 30, 2017

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

In the 17 minute preview Agent creepo tells them to leave one of the SHIELD guys behind. Who were they talking about?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

probably Ward.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

double nine posted:

probably Ward.

Fitz for sure.

Someone needs to Unfuck things back home.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

In the 17 minute preview Agent creepo tells them to leave one of the SHIELD guys behind. Who were they talking about?

Davis.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

homullus posted:

I agree, but I figured it was more likely that there was a stealth Tripp-fan in the thread.

He was pretty great in the Kree temple. Up until he died.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

hiddenriverninja posted:

Fitz, most likely. I'm guessing they abduction team is working off Information From the Future™ and Fitz isn't in the legends mentioned. Besides someone competent needs to hunt down alien in a skin suit and find out when the team was sent and pull them back.

I'm also guessing they're not so much away from Earth, but the station is occupying where Earth was and all those asteroids are actually all that's left. So maybe this season is that the team ends up in the future and finds out what happened, Fitz gets them back to the present, and they stop the circumstances that caused the Earth to be destroyed.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

"this is your planet on crack" *planet crumbles into a billion pieces* "just say no"

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Does anyone know when Channel 4 in the UK will be showing Season 5? Looks like it's possibly starting in January but not confirmed.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
Is there going to be a way to watch the show as it comes out without cable? My roommate is thinking about dropping our cable/internet provider in favor of Google Fiber.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Killing Loaf posted:

Is there going to be a way to watch the show as it comes out without cable? My roommate is thinking about dropping our cable/internet provider in favor of Google Fiber.

You tune the TV to the channel of your local ABC affiliate on Friday night at 8 pm EST.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler

Killing Loaf posted:

:filez:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Killing Loaf posted:

ABC is available over the air. Just get a digital antenna.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Killing Loaf posted:

ABC has the episodes on their site. If you have a cable package (obviously not your case) you can see it the day after it airs. Without that, they let anyone stream one week after it airs.

As far as I know, Netflix only has the season up sometime after it ends. Might work differently in international markets.

• Locked thread