Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Unless I'm in some kind of insane agony hellpain I will never take a script for opioids. I've got an exceptionally high pain tolerance so it would have to be something pretty serious.

I've been to the doctor's twice in the last year for minor things I wanted handled properly and been offered percocets and vicodin, without asking, and without any apparent reason for it. Being a white male in McLean I guess :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah, I broke my collarbone when I was 17, and that poo poo loving hurt really really bad. I took percs and one vicodin over a two day period. After that, I just managed through it and flushed the rest. Every time I've been offered by a doc for something, it's been something far more trivial that I know I can easily manage.

I'm pretty much never going to touch opioids unless I've suffered some significant injury. And even then, knowing how broken my brain is, I'll likely turn it into a game of "how far can I go without needing pain meds?"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I always take the opioid scripts and fill them. It's cool to have some spare vicodin if you throw out your back or some percs if you get a horrific tooth ache in the middle of the weekend and just want some sleep.

I've never had any addiction problems though so I don't recommend that for everyone.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vasudus posted:

Unless I'm in some kind of insane agony hellpain I will never take a script for opioids. I've got an exceptionally high pain tolerance so it would have to be something pretty serious.

I've been to the doctor's twice in the last year for minor things I wanted handled properly and been offered percocets and vicodin, without asking, and without any apparent reason for it. Being a white male in McLean I guess :shrug:

I got oxy for major shoulder surgery in college. I took one, vomited profusely, and took motrin instead.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Handsome Ralph posted:

Went to an ENT doc for an outpatient procedure on my nasal cavities. It's like the third time I've had the procedure done (it's complicated) but this time he prescribed me percocets for pain management if I needed it since it was a little further than he went before.

Fuuuuuuck that. I'll stick with motrin and beer.

I really like having a small stash of potent pain meds on hand. Really comes in handy for the surprise kidney pain that will leave me seeing stars, nauseous, and light headed. Wish I had an easy/cheap way to get a few ambien as well.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I've never had a doctor just throw narcotics at me. I got Lortab when I had my wisdom teeth out and that was it. I later had a couple of teeth pulled to correct my centerline for braces and they didn't give me anything for that. Then I had PRK and they gave me a valium to keep me calm during the proceedure, and that was it. I could have used something after that past one, my eyes ached for a couple of weeks after that.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Godholio posted:

I really like having a small stash of potent pain meds on hand. Really comes in handy for the surprise kidney pain that will leave me seeing stars, nauseous, and light headed. Wish I had an easy/cheap way to get a few ambien as well.

That reminds me, I need to call my GP to get a refill on sonota before I fly off to Edinburgh again.

I used to take Ambien but oh my god, the blackouts were freaky. Never did anything too bad (mostly just called up friends and family and had normal conversations I don't recall) but never again.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
pentars

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Hahaha. Guy tries to rob local tattoo shop, gets stabbed to death. Eat poo poo, retard.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Do it.

I've been Literally Shaking, Spongebob Tampax, and Wandering Idiot (old acct). Pretty sure I ramble enough over plenty of threads that I'm easier to remember though.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
no i mean pentars were brought to you by ambien

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Ambien is a devil. I only ever took it in Iraq. I forced myself through the haze and managed to stay awake a few times, but that's all hearsay from the other guys bunked in the building. Never hosed with it since. I'd rather get 4 hours and be miserable than do poo poo without remembering it and still magically feeling like I got a solid 8.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
The AF dentist who pulled my wisdom teeth straight up told me to have a beer with my Vicodin. While I don't think that's sound medical advice, it sure as gently caress worked a number on me.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Vasudus posted:

no i mean pentars were brought to you by ambien

And Skilcraft. :patriot:

Man, those should make a come back.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Just a run of class 9 office supplies.

Which is all made by skilcraft anyhow.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Vasudus posted:

In the not so distant future I have to decide who in my current client environment I want to keep, approach them, and offer them employment provided that we win a big contract that is coming up for recompete. A good work friend is currently occupying the job that I would want, so I'm going to eventually have to decide if I want to shiv him for the job. He's old, so there's a high probability this would be the end of his employment. Then there's the standard 30-day transition thing with contracts, so I'll have to deal with everyone I've worked with for years knowing that I was doing thumbs up/down on who to keep, some of which will have been working there for a decade until then. Gonna be rad.

In the consultant life cycle, this is the stage where the instructors inform you that you have to kill and eat the pet you've raised for most of your time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28xM5Pwio9Y&t=78s

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I was on a straight-up morphine drip IV after major thoracic surgery as a child. It only took the edge off. Then again with what I'd gone through, it drat well should've hurt.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I got one cc of Dilaudid once and it's probably the best feeling I've ever had in my life

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
We always travel with a few Vicodin just in case I do something dumb to my back and still face a 6 hour car ride home in mortal agony

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

I accidently gave 2mg of Dilaudid to a guy who from my assumption never had i.v narcotics before

Dropped his respiratory drive to barely sustaining normal breathing....whoops!

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your Battle Buddy posted:

I got one cc of Dilaudid once and it's probably the best feeling I've ever had in my life

Geez. I thought they only gave that stuff to people who were gonna die to keep them from feeling it.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Geez. I thought they only gave that stuff to people who were gonna die to keep them from feeling it.

I got some for my bum shoulder when I was flying from Germany to Bragg. Laid over in Andrews and the doc there gave me oral dilaudid pills after I complained that the Vicodin wasn't helping after the flight from Ramstein. poo poo had me feeling alright that night.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Windows 10 had some massive update with four restarts, and now my secondary screen has pixel errors when playing media files.

Uh...welp, I guess

/edit:
It seems like it was the "fall creators update", why even make something like that a mandatory update? Ugh

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 30, 2017

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
Because Microsoft.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I've been fasting since 7pm last night because I'm a loving dumbass and forgot to sign up for my company wellness exam. Had to get a 3:30 time spot.

I'm going to kill someone and devour their flesh any minute.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I got like 20 Dilaudid capsules when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I'd pop one, continue reading / playing videogames for about an hour, then pass out and awaken with bloody drool all over my pillow twice a day for about a week.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Windows 10 had some massive update with four restarts, and now my secondary screen has pixel errors when playing media files.

Uh...welp, I guess

/edit:
It seems like it was the "fall creators update", why even make something like that a mandatory update? Ugh

Check and make sure it didn't over write your graphics drivers with Windows generic versions.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Vasudus posted:

I've been fasting since 7pm last night because I'm a loving dumbass and forgot to sign up for my company wellness exam. Had to get a 3:30 time spot.

I'm going to kill someone and devour their flesh any minute.

I did a 24h food/fluid fast for my last meet, managed to drop a little over 7lbs in that timeframe. I started planning my post weigh-in binge at hour 4, and by hour 6 I called out of work for that night. Me and no food go together like orange juice and toothpaste, add wrangling drunk retards for 5 or 6 hours and that poo poo's a recipe for disaster.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I go straight to headaches and wanting to murder somebody. Hell I weigh a good 6-7 pounds lighter after my morning piss than after dinner.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I got like 20 Dilaudid capsules when I had my wisdom teeth taken out. I'd pop one, continue reading / playing videogames for about an hour, then pass out and awaken with bloody drool all over my pillow twice a day for about a week.

I don't remember what they gave me for my wisdom teeth removal but I do remember the operation being delayed for a long time and waking up so dehydrated it was impossible to piss and then getting threatened with a catheter.

No, wait, that was jaw surgery. After getting my wisdom teeth pulled I just threw up blood in front of the hospital.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I don't remember what they gave me for my wisdom teeth removal but I do remember the operation being delayed for a long time and waking up so dehydrated it was impossible to piss and then getting threatened with a catheter.

I got friggin T3s.

That was all kinds of lovely.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I had mine taken out at 17 when I worked at a record store. My work told me to come in the next day or I was basically fired. I came in shambling like a zombie when the district manager came in and told my manager to fire me for being on drugs.
So they sent me home.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I walked out of my exam and walked right across the street to the Jimmy Johns and got a mediocre sandwich that tasted loving delicious after not having anything for 20 hours.

Much like going to the dentist, I was told that I am a terrible person going to hell after everything was done.

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Vasudus posted:

I walked out of my exam and walked right across the street to the Jimmy Johns and got a mediocre sandwich that tasted loving delicious after not having anything for 20 hours.

Much like going to the dentist, I was told that I am a terrible person going to hell after everything was done.

Hey now, a Hot Italian Nightclub, extra peppers, and swap the mayo with mustard is delicious .

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

cowboy elvis posted:

Amazon has 6 qt instant pots on sale for 75 bucks. I’ve heard nothing but raving reviews about them

Wife bought an instant pot from amazon this week, it’s pretty nifty.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Traded 2 bottles of the cider for 3 4.7 pounds of venison.

Maybe next year I can actually shoot one myself :negative:

Slim Pickens fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Dec 1, 2017

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Instant pot owns. It's excellent for putting together those "bits of whatever's in the fridge" meals.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Instant pot owns. It's excellent for putting together those "bits of whatever's in the fridge" meals.

i got my weed card last week and this post confused me for a sec

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Uh...welp, I guess

/edit:

Don't feel bad. I heard the latest Apple MacOS update had some hilarious side effects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
uh oh

think i'm getting sick

:rip:

• Locked thread