Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

GobiasIndustries posted:

lmao what a shitshow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Quote this if you have turned down the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

quote:

Mississippi State: Per a tweet from Pete Thamel, Joe Moorhead is getting a four-year deal worth an average of $2.7 million annually. Thamel adds that Moorhead was willing to take less for himself in order to get a larger salary pool for his staff.

For context, Mullen was making $4.5mil.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
I don't care about the Vols one way or the other but LOL at everything about this.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Crotch Bat posted:

I don't see why UT doesn't just tank the year. Outside of maybe Norvell I don't see who you hire that A)isn't gone in a few years and B)doesn't raise the ire of the fanbase. Firing Currie would gain a lot of goodwill from the fanbase and they'd then understand having an interim for a year. You get a kickass AD and let the guy spend all year looking at who to go after, make the same 6-7+ mil offer and get your guy.

I am really to the point lets go intern next year, but it should not be Hoke. Instead let Fulmer do it. That would be better than signing a big contract to a coach that will be fired in 4 years (well a good chance).

To your point about expectations. The reason Jones was fired was not losing the to Bama. It was the losing to teams like Vandy, Missouri, and UK. Also ever since the UGA game last year the whole team has went backwards. So just me a coach that beats Vandy and UK, and shows progress every year, I will be happy for the next few years. After that we can start talking about beating Bama.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
It’s gonna be either Martin or they’ll eventually stumble into doing the thing they should have done from the start and hire Norvell.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Thank god I thought I was going to have more free time

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Where's Turner Gill? Tenn do it

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

It’s gonna be either Martin or they’ll eventually stumble into doing the thing they should have done from the start and hire Norvell.

They haven’t even approached Martin yet as at this point if I was him I’d tell them to gently caress off

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Joey Freshwater posted:

They haven’t even approached Martin yet as at this point if I was him I’d tell them to gently caress off

:same:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

wandler20 posted:

Everything I've read points to Taggart. Jimbo better make up his mind before that option falls through.

Please, lord, Satan.... let FSU steal Scott Frost away from Nebraska

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

pillsburysoldier posted:

Where's Turner Gill? Tenn do it

Still at Liberty! 3 straight 6 win seasons! :confuoot:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Yep. He'd be a moron to take it. Set up for failure. You should want to be the guy after this next guy.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I really like Jon Reed, but he has hosed around and accumulated more power than he should have

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Oh my god don’t stop I’m almost there

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tommy

Tubberville

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

DJExile posted:

got those strong showings in the ramp up to them joining the FBS!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
I'm happy butch jr didn't want to come here tbh

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

Eh, they’ve been going after established head coaching types I don’t really think that’s super insulting to him. He’s really young and a P5 coaching job is a huge step up from coordinator, I feel like he’d probably take it, and that’s not even accounting for his history with the program. I don’t think there’s another P5 school that would even consider offering him a job at this point in his career much less one like Tennessee.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

yea gently caress him

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

LeeMajors posted:

Yep. He'd be a moron to take it. Set up for failure. You should want to be the guy after this next guy.

I would never coach at my alma mater if I was seen as a hero there, because it will never end well (at least 95% of the time).

MourningView posted:

& the majority of Tennessee fans would be happy with either choice. Martin is not that good of a choice to be honest, but at this point it would be worth the risk. Still as I said before Martin would be taking a big chance. The guy has a street named after him here.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

Which one was butch jr.? I lost track.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

sean10mm posted:

I don't care about the Vols one way or the other but LOL at everything about this.

extremely :same:

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Charlie Weis is available. Does Tennessee want a Decided Schematic AdvantageTM or not?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

DJExile posted:

I think Tennessee's fans are too sophisticated for a Liberty coach

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

I don’t think there’s another P5 school that would even consider offering him a job at this point in his career much less one like Tennessee.

Kansas should consider it.

I just wanted to laugh at Kansas keeping Beaty again really.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Yeah ya'll are getting some out-of-work NFL coordinator come January.

Or, if you want to aim higher, John Fox or Bruce Arians or someone!

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
Will be funny if Tennessee eventually just hires Mike Leach who will be better than all these other names.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Benne posted:

Tommy

Tubberville

Wrong Cincy head coach.

They should steal Luke Fickell.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If Jimbo leaves FSU then the top 4 winningest programs of the 90’s will all change coaches in the same year.

FSU
Nebraska
Florida
Tennessee

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Mahoning posted:

If Jimbo leaves FSU then the top 4 winningest programs of the 90’s will all change coaches in the same year.

FSU
Nebraska
Florida
Tennessee

Can we go back? :ohdear:

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Mack Brown is a solid placeholder and 3-5 year plan for Tennessee while Tee Martin or whomever gets trained up.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dango Bango posted:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/SportsChannel8/status/936296318380728322

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

pillsburysoldier posted:

I think Tennessee's fans are too sophisticated for a Liberty coach

Lol

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Dango Bango posted:

The Huskers were relevant and I didn't have any responsibilities. How I squandered those years. Although I did have homework and church so I guess adult responsibilities are worth the price of admission.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

gently caress it, sacrifice Brady Hoke on the altar of 2018

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

holy poo poo

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Dango Bango posted:

I think we are come Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Joe Moorhead is reportedly taking PSU RB coach Charles Huff. Which is kind of surprising, I guess.

• Locked thread