Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acelerion
May 3, 2005

Multiple media guys confirmed there was some meeting with Gruden. Anything past that, who knows.

'Hi Jon, this is John. You interested in coaching tennessee?'
'Nope'
'Ok, see ya'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Just hire Norvell you loving clowns

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/footballscoop/status/935961236621135872

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Eh, that makes sense I guess. Smith's an alum.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/935961231927664640

they are apparently letting loving tony dungy drive the bus

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Well, at least it wasn't Petersen or our DC.

Smith was ... not popular around these parts.

Yates
Jan 29, 2010

He was just 17...

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/935961231927664640

they are apparently letting loving tony dungy drive the bus

Jon Gruden.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

fwiw https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/935962211255713792

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

I think I'm done. What a cluster gently caress.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

No loving way aaaaaaaahhhhhhhh

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
When did Clay loving Travis become a scoopsman. Does he have buddies in the Tennessee office or something?

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

i just

what

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

lol

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.
I don't believe any of that.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

wernox posted:

other than it coming from Clay Travis, it sounds 1000000% like current-era Tennessee

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Take a chance on Tee Martin before hiring Doeren. I bet the bank if they hire Doeren will be right back here in 3-5 years.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

wernox posted:

oh that checks out, given it was the chancellor who hosed currie over on schiano

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
As much as I wanna say gently caress Clay Travis (gently caress Clay Travis) I 100% believe that’s what happened. I just hope that Currie can go back and tell her take it or leave it and she relents.

God what a clusterfuck

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

The Knoxville Browns everybody

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Is Turner Gill the new Vols coach yet?

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

wernox posted:

Trust me this perfect sense given the original source and now this. There is no way Hyams tweeted what he did without it being really close to being done.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

nate fisher posted:

Take a chance on Tee Martin before hiring Doeren. I bet the bank if they hire Doeren will be right back here in 3-5 years.

I bet the bank you'll almost certainly be right back here anyway given everyone involved with UT Athletics seems to have a really delusional opinion of the state of their program, it's position nationally and how much they want to act like Butch Jones was the only issue.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

oh that checks out, given it was the chancellor who hosed currie over on schiano

The same Chancellor who worked at Purdue until 2013 as Provost. I'm trying to find out if she had anything to do with the expulsion of Uche Nwaneri.......

I think Curie just got Brady Brohm number and the kid was having some fun.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

sportsgenius86 posted:

I bet the bank you'll almost certainly be right back here anyway given everyone involved with UT Athletics seems to have a really delusional opinion of the state of their program, it's position nationally and how much they want to act like Butch Jones was the only issue.

I think we would just be happy to go back beating Vandy and UK every year. Jones didn't get fired for losing to the big boys.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Quote this if you have turned down the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Quote this if you have turned down the University of Tennessee Volunteers football team.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Tennessee's AD is a loving idiot. How is that guy not fired?

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Benne posted:

Smith was ... not popular around these parts.

How come?

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Dunno why they even called me :shrug:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I keep getting calls from and 865 number but I keep sending it to voicemail

Acelerion
May 3, 2005

an adult beverage posted:

Tennessee's AD is a loving idiot. How is that guy not fired?

Youre going to like this

He would be owed over $5mil in a buyout.

He would literally get paid more for getting fired than working out his contract terms.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Others are saying the Clay Travis tweet is not true at all. This loving school, man lol

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Doeren would be a pretty bad hire. He's been underwhelming at N.C. State and is arguably lucky they haven't canned him.

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

Tennessee, I found your guy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

Doeren would be a pretty bad hire. He's been underwhelming at N.C. State and is arguably lucky they haven't canned him.

*waves hands towards larry fedora*

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Turned down for what

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Please let Al Golden get hired.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Turned down for what

Nice

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Jimmy Hyams is now saying that talks broke down over the $5 million dollar buyout.

RumbleFish posted:

They want $340 million for Neyland Stadium renovations, and they want to hire Dorene? I can see some serious backlash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Dilber posted:

Please let Al Golden get hired.

he's living that nfl money life

• Locked thread