Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

The fact this forum makes fun of Aggie at any and every turn and now it's magically not a place to make fun of anymore.

"it's, sadly, a pretty good job" was what i said.

feel free to make fun of their fans and the stupid culture around it, but its a good job for a football coach. it's not like he's leaving FSU to go to say, WVU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

swickles posted:

The weird thing about that poisoning thing is that if I read correctly, his 20 year sentence started in like 1998, so he only had a little more to go.

He was only sentenced a few years ago and this was the upholding of the appeal he made, he was most likely going to die in prison.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Crotch Bat posted:

The fact this forum makes fun of Aggie at any and every turn and now it's magically not a place to make fun of anymore.

There’s a difference between making fun of the Aggies and rivals.com shitposting

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

"it's, sadly, a pretty good job" was what i said.

feel free to make fun of their fans and the stupid culture around it, but its a good job for a football coach. it's not like he's leaving FSU to go to say, WVU

I have this movie idea. It's called the Curious Case of Bobby Bowden

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

Are statements like these basically a public job application?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Demon Of The Fall posted:

Jesus Christ get Les on the phone you morons. I don’t think we are going to do better at this point.

There are a bunch of guys they haven’t asked who I’d take way before Les unless you think he’s going to radically alter his offensive approach

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MourningView posted:

There are a bunch of guys they haven’t asked who I’d take way before Les unless you think he’s going to radically alter his offensive approach

Satterfield at App State seems like a good idea.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

gigantic grain of salt here since it's clay, but...

https://twitter.com/ClayTravis/status/936318645755695107

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
With everything I've read in the last 4-5 days about Haslam that makes total sense.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

i buy that

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Satterfield at App State seems like a good idea.

He’s okay but if I was hiring a Sun Belt coach he’d be third on my list behind Anderson and Neal Brown. Anderson has lost 2 conference games in the last 3 years

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Yeah that happened

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DJExile posted:

Does he understand how public universities work

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Can you imagine being some generic state legislator and you pick up the phone to hear an irate billionaire screaming at you? Like you're sitting down eating some sandwich from Panera Bread, trying desperately to keep the crumbs in a reasonable pile on the desk and your receptionist tells you the owner of the Browns is on the phone for you?

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Randaconda posted:

Does he understand how public universities work

He may not understand how to avoid RICO indictments, so probably not.

Crotch Bat posted:

Can you imagine being some generic state legislator and you pick up the phone to hear an irate billionaire screaming at you? Like you're sitting down eating some sandwich from Panera Bread, trying desperately to keep the crumbs in a reasonable pile on the desk and your receptionist tells you the owner of the Browns is on the phone for you?

Unless he's donated to you directly before, you tell him to go gently caress himself and finish your sandwich.

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Crotch Bat posted:

Les is so desperate to coach anywhere, he'd take that job in a heartbeat and I bet you could pay him pennies to do it. He does not seem to want to retire yet at all. He's so likable you want to see him succeed, too.

I know. i was just posting the funniest possible way for the carousel to go.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Les wouldn't be a world beater at Tennessee, but I think it's a decently safe hire to stabilize things for a couple years. Plus the coaching cupboard is pretty bare at this point for who would go to Tennessee.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tenn going after Sumlin

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

DJExile posted:

Please stop trying to further ruin Tennessee football, Jimmy. You've already sent the Browns to lows previously thought impossible.

Besides, you have more important things to worry about.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Tenn going after Sumlin

If he waits until tomorrow to reject us I'll consider that progress.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Crotch Bat posted:

Andichu is really bitter and contrarian this season for whatever reason. Always make fun of Aggie. Which isn't that amazing a place to coach because you have to deal with Aggies every single day of the year. Even on Christmas.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thoguh posted:

Andichu is really bitter and contrarian this season for whatever reason. Always make fun of Aggie. Which isn't that amazing a place to coach because you have to deal with Aggies every single day of the year. Even on Christmas.

I'm the lack of black dudes doing that stupid poo poo

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Thoguh posted:

what the hell is happening here

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

what the hell is happening here

It's called hazing

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Aggie centipede

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

does anyone still have corps_jizz_jar.txt handy? I seem to have lost it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Sent from my iPad posted:

General Dog posted:

Let's just say I was horny, it was Smuckers, and my depravity knew no bounds.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

What do you suppose these boys are up to nowadays?

E: I've seen this no less than 1,000 times but I've never before noticed the guy on the left wringing his hands :raise:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Real Name Grover posted:

E: I've seen this no less than 1,000 times but I've never before noticed the guy on the left wringing his hands :raise:

He's the one giving orders

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

General Dog posted:

He's the one giving orders

Exactly -- he's getting hard off his artificial sense of authority

Baba Oh Really
May 21, 2005
Get 'ER done

Real Name Grover posted:

All dead. Killed by friendly fire.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/guftyyy/status/936305202088509441

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

Sent from my iPad posted:

seconding this request, I can't find it

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Real Name Grover posted:

Exactly -- he's getting hard off his artificial sense of authority

He's basically Greg Schiano

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Friendly reminder:

A&M is rear end, my dudes.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Texas rear end and M

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

iospace posted:

Friendly reminder:

A&M is rear end, my dudes.

:911: never 4get

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

an adult beverage posted:

Les wouldn't be a world beater at Tennessee, but I think it's a decently safe hire to stabilize things for a couple years. Plus the coaching cupboard is pretty bare at this point for who would go to Tennessee.

It’s really not unless you limit your pool exclusivity to current or former P5 head coaches

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Arkansas is taking Derrick Gragg from Tulsa as the new AD. Former Associate AD under Broyles, so they got their Arkansas guy without it being Nutt or Tubberville. Could have been worse so bullet dodged there.

Hopefully this means the coach search can actually start moving forward. I expect it will be Sunday before we know anything since it seems like every name being floated so far is busy through Saturday.

E: now a lot of reports that’s it’s not actually a done deal yet. Oh god, we are going to end up with Nutt or Tubberville aren’t we? :ohdear:

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 30, 2017

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

DJExile posted:

Haslam seems like a guy that would warm up to Clay Travis. He just Gets It, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://twitter.com/finebaum/status/936348338080894977

• Locked thread