Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

playing my first seasonal character ever, a Monk, and there is no loving way i am going to gently caress around with the set dungeons so i guess i should just quit now? there's nothing left but pushing higher rifts, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Starting around 100 GRs get interesting in a unique way.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Efexeye posted:

playing my first seasonal character ever, a Monk, and there is no loving way i am going to gently caress around with the set dungeons so i guess i should just quit now? there's nothing left but pushing higher rifts, right?

Each class has a set dungeon you can get through easily enough, BTW.

Have you done all the conquests yet?

Also "there's nothing to do but push higher grifts" is like... The whole deal, so if you're not enjoying that, perhaps quit?

Alternatively, make the best set for all 4 sets for your class, make an alt, etc. Plenty to do!

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Starting around 100 GRs get interesting in a unique way.

how so?

and no, haven't touched conquests. i took one run at the set dungeon and noped out, seems impossible without a lot of fiddlyfucking around

...and the one conquest i read a description of involved running 30 bounties and opening all the troves at once for gold. didnt sound fun

boar guy fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Nov 30, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
That's a conquest from last season. Three of this seasons conquests are fun and or easy

Get 3x legendary gems to 65 (easy!)
Clear a 55 grift with the 6pc bonus of 6 different sets (fun!)
Clear a 45 grift with no green items equipped (mega fun)

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

fair enough. I guess I should at least play until a fist of az'turrasq finally drops for me

edit: please forgive the noob question but i can't use Unity as a solo monk without a follower, correct? i really hate followers but unity seems pretty key to pushing into 100GRs

boar guy fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Nov 30, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Why do you hate followers

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Oddly enough this is not a problem on consoles because the right stick roll mechanic breaks objects, including doors. Did they ever add that to PC?

No and it's such a massive shame too. I honestly enjoy the console version a lot more just because it feels great to just sit down with a controller and blast some demons away. It's been tweaked effectively enough to feel like a top-down isometric God of War. They really nailed the support for it, so it's bizarre that Blizzard hasn't included it onto the PC version.

Recently started playing season 12. First legendary that drops was a furnace so I'm happy about that being my first cube power!

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I wish there was a command follower button because I'm sick of having to run a while screen away to get Kormac to disengage from an enemy that I'm trying to kite.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

euphronius posted:

I dunno they just suck

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

No and it's such a massive shame too. I honestly enjoy the console version a lot more just because it feels great to just sit down with a controller and blast some demons away. It's been tweaked effectively enough to feel like a top-down isometric God of War. They really nailed the support for it, so it's bizarre that Blizzard hasn't included it onto the PC version.

Recently started playing season 12. First legendary that drops was a furnace so I'm happy about that being my first cube power!

Yeah but its a shame how much FoV you lose. I'm sure they did that due to the 360/3's limited memory but it got no update when ported over to 1/4. :(

Still though, its very enjoyable on a controller. Surprisingly so. I haven't touched my PC copy in years.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Yeah but its a shame how much FoV you lose. I'm sure they did that due to the 360/3's limited memory but it got no update when ported over to 1/4. :(

Still though, its very enjoyable on a controller. Surprisingly so. I haven't touched my PC copy in years.

But you have 4 PC copies, how could you possibly choose?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Efexeye posted:

I dunno they just suck

They're not extremely good, but they do help a bit. They each bring something unique to the table

Feel like you've got a pocket crowd control Teammate - enchantress

Feel like you got a pocket healer and resource replenisher - Templar

Feel like you're constantly power leveling a Demon Hunter with no legendaries or skills unlocked - scoundrel

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Efexeye posted:

edit: please forgive the noob question but i can't use Unity as a solo monk without a follower, correct? i really hate followers but unity seems pretty key to pushing into 100GRs
Oculus Ring is also a pretty good reason to have a follower.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They're not extremely good, but they do help a bit. They each bring something unique to the table

Feel like you've got a pocket crowd control Teammate - enchantress

Feel like you got a pocket healer and resource replenisher - Templar

Feel like you're constantly power leveling a Demon Hunter with no legendaries or skills unlocked - scoundrel

What exactly is the reason to use the scoundrel?

mewse
May 2, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

What exactly is the reason to use the scoundrel?

CC and some dmg increase

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Back in vanilla the scoundrel used to be the best inferno follower because you could give him a level 40 Buriza and his spreadshot would slow or freeze elites along with that AMAZING 3% crit. :rip: Lydon

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

mewse posted:

CC and some dmg increase

Better CC than enchantress chickens or templar stun?
I'm only using the enchantress cause I cannot find a templar immortality token to save my loving life

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
upgrade yellow templar tokens in the cube its like a 1 in 3 chance it will be the cannot die one

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

Efexeye posted:

I dunno they just suck

They only suck if you don't utilize them well.

Using a lightning legendary weapon (like Fulminator or Thunderfury) plus Wydward, Occulus ring, and Ess of Johan makes your follower pump out a ton of CC and can nearly double your damage if you stand in the Occulus AOE.

I love my Templar.

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

euphronius posted:

THAT WAS A WORTHY FOE, GLORIOUS!

The one thing that irritates me with followers is that unless you're using the one which matches your primary stat, the odds of getting legendary jewelry appropriate to their stats is slim to none.

twice burned ice posted:

Using a lightning legendary weapon (like Fulminator or Thunderfury) plus Wydward, Occulus ring, and Ess of Johan makes your follower pump out a ton of CC and can nearly double your damage if you stand in the Occulus AOE.

Huh, I think I have most of these sitting in my stash... Maybe I should actually try to optimize my follower.

:thunk:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Jan posted:

The one thing that irritates me with followers is that unless you're using the one which matches your primary stat, the odds of getting legendary jewelry appropriate to their stats is slim to none.

This is never a problem because they are utterly incapable of putting out damage of their own, their only purpose in the game at this point is as a buff pet.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
I usually add that 'Chance to freeze on hit' shield too, as another shot of CC with the Templar.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Primary Stat is insanely unimportant on your follower. Past Torment 13, when you're dealing hundreds of millions of points of damage, your follower is doing maybe 1M.

The only utility from your follower is in the forms of crowd control (Ess of Johan, Wyrdward, their skills, etc) their buffs (Oculus Ring and their skills) and occasionally distracting an enemy with their invulnerable selves.

Pick either Templar or Enchantress and give them the Can't Die token, Ess of Johan amulet, and the Oculus Ring.

To further optimize Enchantress

1. Give her the Sultan of Blinding Sand
2. Give her a Wyrdward (if her weapon is lightning) or a Nagelring, or (if you're Unity cheesing) a Unity
3. Give her as much Attack Speed and Reduced Cooldown as possible

To further optimize Templar

1. Give him Thunderfury: Thewordswordswords
2. Give him a Freeze of Deflection
3. Give him a Wyrdward
4. Give him as much Block Chance, Attack Speed, and Reduced Cooldown as possible

There's other ways to optimize them but those ones are real good

mewse
May 2, 2006

Overwhelming Desire is also a good follower neck if you don't want to use ess of johan.

You can use wyrdward with any weapon if you reroll its damage to lightning.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Also Set Dungeons have all become laughable shadows of their past selves and now it’s more like each class has 3 super easy Dungeons and one kind of bullshit one, like Wastes or Tal Rasha.

Seriously everyone who is still bitching about Set Dungeons being hard hasn’t tried one since the buff because they are a BREEZE now

Edit:

Followers stop doing damage after TX. Just give them buff and cc jewelry and enjoy your 50% Damage Reduction

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 1, 2017

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Bust Rodd posted:

Also Set Dungeons have all become laughable shadows of their past selves

No kidding. I'm colossally BAD at diablo (I routinely fail the weekly challenge rifts) and I Mastered a witch doctor set dungeon in like a half hour or so.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
What? The Tal one is easy! Stay right, keep your 4 stack up, don't stand still. There's a 100% chance storm armor is going zap the rock worm you teleported through and smash it with a lightning meteor.

gently caress any of the ones you have to de-gear for.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

mewse posted:

Overwhelming Desire is also a good follower neck if you don't want to use ess of johan.

You can use wyrdward with any weapon if you reroll its damage to lightning.

I use the johan with my barb so they can all get pulled into one spot for tidy smashing.
Saves me like half a second of walking to them and instagibbing them

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.
Guess I'll stuff some follower relics in Hope of Cain if I ever get a second Unity.

I'm having a hard time pushing past Torment VIII because while my damage has been scaling up like mad, my damage resistance just hasn't. I feel way too squishy to go beyond that playing Hardcore. :smith:

On that note, since the game just kept throwing channeling legendaries at me, I decided to embrace it and ditch Vyr's even if I don't have full Tal Rasha or Firebird's yet. What could I do to improve survivability?

My arcane spenders for Etched Sigil aren't the same as Deadset's guide because Ranslor's Folly works really well at gathering up mobs for meteors. I haven't min/maxed most of the enchants, some of them I just shrugged and settled for after a dozen rolls. Pants are just whatever happened to be the best in my stash.

Hmm, I can probably sub out Arcane Presence for Unwavering Will while using Hergbrash's Binding, my AP is just perma-full now.

e: vvvvvv
Haven't gotten any of those three yet, welp.

Jan fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 1, 2017

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jan posted:

Guess I'll stuff some follower relics in Hope of Cain if I ever get a second Unity.

I'm having a hard time pushing past Torment VIII because while my damage has been scaling up like mad, my damage resistance just hasn't. I feel way too squishy to go beyond that playing Hardcore. :smith:

On that note, since the game just kept throwing channeling legendaries at me, I decided to embrace it and ditch Vyr's even if I don't have full Tal Rasha or Firebird's yet. What could I do to improve survivability?

My arcane spenders for Etched Sigil aren't the same as Deadset's guide because Ranslor's Folly works really well at gathering up mobs for meteors. I haven't min/maxed most of the enchants, some of them I just shrugged and settled for after a dozen rolls.

Hmm, I can probably sub out Arcane Presence for Unwavering Will while using Hergbrash's Binding, my AP is just perma-full now.

If your AP is perma full just run a cubed Aquilas

Your biggest DR is going to come from the set bonus and either Halo of K something (storm armor proc, ranged builds) or halo of A something (the ice armor frost nova one, for melee close range builds)

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
Another weapon option is the Eun-Jang-Do dagger, though its ability to perma-CC a Rift Guardian is sadly gone. It's also faster than a sword for Wyrdward if you roll its damage to lightning.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

1. Give him Thunderfury: Thewordswordswords
That's [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] you heathen!

JohnnySavs
Dec 28, 2004

I have all the characteristics of a human being.
Fell into a pub GR group with a zBarb and competent DPS, and as a zMonk it was glorious. Clearing GR 100 was easy peasy, though took about 10 minutes.

Also not having to wait around for a necro's LotD cooldown feels good too. I know it still works out that waiting on lance spam yields higher DPS overall, but that cooldown sucks for everyone involved.

Anyway, more good group comp, please.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Jan posted:

e: vvvvvv
Haven't gotten any of those three yet, welp.

I'm at work and can't do it but if you google "DMO Twister 2.6.1" you'll find the build that is topping the console wizard leader boards by a wide margin. It's all DMO but instead of the Fozen Orb / Triumviawhatever its Twisted Sword and Etched Sigil. It's also significantly easier to play than DMO Frozen Orb. It just lacks any sort of finesse.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Is it possible to see the rogue/slanderer swords drop on a Crusader, or are they just super rare?

I have been DB upgrading yellow swords on Barb to try and get either of the things too, still no luck.

Can HotA build still kind of work with an ancient gavel equipped + furnace (or whatever) in the cube, because I can do that?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xiansi posted:

Is it possible to see the rogue/slanderer swords drop on a Crusader, or are they just super rare?

I have been DB upgrading yellow swords on Barb to try and get either of the things too, still no luck.

Can HotA build still kind of work with an ancient gavel equipped + furnace (or whatever) in the cube, because I can do that?

You can use this site to see what drops for each class, the drop rate, and what level you start seeing it at.

http://www.d3planner.com/game/kadala

Slanderer/Little Rogue do not drop for Crusader.

Of the 16 swords that can drop for Barbarians, 14 have an equal chance of dropping, but Slanderer/Little Rogue are 75% less likely to drop. Fun!

In the meantime yeah, just equip your Gavel and cube Furnace.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
IK HotA doesn’t need Little Rogue, go push hug 80’s with your haedrig’s gift boulder breaker

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

bio347 posted:

Another weapon option is the Eun-Jang-Do dagger, though its ability to perma-CC a Rift Guardian is sadly gone. It's also faster than a sword for Wyrdward if you roll its damage to lightning.

That's [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker] you heathen!

Did someone say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?

(also all templar all the time once you're past T6 imo)

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
Templar if you need his resource regen boost, otherwise enchantress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I hate rolling healstats onto items so templar heals are v useful on my sader. Also followers should take like 30 seconds to set up per character. It's literally just stun weapon + invuln trinket + ess of johan (usually) + unity + occulus. stats literally don't matter on any item except damage % on occulus.