Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/rjchoppy/status/936408865515737088
I refuse to believe this

Lasagna Pilot fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 1, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

C. Everett Koop posted:

If I'm a Satterfield or Blake Anderson or someone young and worth a poo poo, I'm thinking long and hard about whether I'd have half a chance at Tennessee right now. I'd rather jump to UCF after Frost leaves, have a good year or two, and use that as the springboard to a big-time job with the big-time payday. Why take a job where you might be out on your rear end in three years and right back where you started, if not out of the game, and it's not like Tennessee's gonna give those guys the 5-6m they were gonna give Gundy, it'd be 2.5/3m at best. Going to Tennessee would be a short-term cashout when they have far greater earning potential.

It’s still a massive bump in pay and prestige. There’s a reason two of the hottest midmajor names last cycle wound up at Purdue and Minnesota. There are only so many P5 jobs to go around and Arkansas St isn’t going to be able to be competitive with even a more reasonable offer from Tennessee.

E: Anderson makes 700,000 right now, even your “small” offer more than doubles his pay. I know it’s super easy to give away someone else’s money but come on.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Dec 1, 2017

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
:siren::siren:GRUDEN GOING TO SIGN AT TENNESSEE:siren::siren:

jay gruden after he lets dallas embarrass him like this

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LeeMajors posted:

Not w Nuss calling plays.

:fake pitch naked bootleg to short side of field on 3rd and goal from the 4:

Nuss was calling plays when he lit (an actually good) Ole Miss team up

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

vikingstrike posted:

It’s also easier to win when you can recruit.

"but he's good at recruiting!" is the fallback of 6 win teams

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Raku posted:

Lost to Arkansas. Fake news.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Raku posted:

Grier stays on that team and they're absolutely a threat against Bama two years in a row.

you stupid baby

Yes Doug Nussmeier, crack offensive coordinator being a threat against maybe South Alabama...

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Raku posted:

It took awhile for their incompetence to wear down the talent—occasional flashes of brilliance dwindled over time.

The Ole Miss performance was one of, like, three.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

I refuse to not believe it.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

tactlessbastard posted:

Lost to Arkansas. Fake news.

If that dumbass lateral bounces the other way Bama doesn’t play in the SEC title game that year lol

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Hearing now that John Currie asked for the double cheeseburger at the Burger King drive-in intending to get the value menu item, but they rang him up the big A1 Steakhouse double instead, and he was too bashful to correct them even though it cost 4 times as much and was way more than he could eat in one sitting.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

If that dumbass lateral bounces the other way Bama doesn’t play in the SEC title game that year lol

And those ungrateful bastards won't even acknowledge it :argh:

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

General Dog posted:

Hearing now that John Currie asked for the double cheeseburger at the Burger King drive-in intending to get the value menu item, but they rang him up the big A1 Steakhouse double instead, and he was too bashful to correct them even though it cost 4 times as much and was way more than he could eat in one sitting.

It's me, I'm the one who doesn't go back when fast foot gets my order wrong and I overpay because I'd rather not have a contentious interaction with humans.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
https://twitter.com/therandomlogic/status/936401524556730369

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i want someone to try to hire marc trestman only because i can't think of anything grander than the Tress Master rolling up to a house and saying good evening i am here to recruit your children

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Shouldn’t this be the other way around? Ordered the big burger and got way less and was left hungry?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

I was rooting for florida to hire Lane Kiffin, for the sake of maximum chaos

but lo, florida had to be boring and sensible

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Needs updating but

The Haslam Effect

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

PupsOfWar posted:

I was rooting for florida to hire Lane Kiffin, for the sake of maximum chaos

but lo, florida had to be boring and sensible

Kiffin might've done fine at UF (and I still think he'll settle down into a good P5 job eventually), but I can't deal with his assholishness. Makes Spurrier look like Bill Snyder.

I'm very happy to have Mullen and be off this goddamn crazy train carousel.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/Tomahawknation/status/936431074984554496

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I'm very glad that (I assume) Scott Frost to Nebraska is all but done. I hope he wins some Big Ten championships :unsmith:

This would be an even sillier carousel if Nebraska was still looking, too.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

I love college football so much

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

R.D. Mangles posted:

i want someone to try to hire marc trestman only because i can't think of anything grander than the Tress Master rolling up to a house and saying good evening i am here to recruit your children

Jfc i started choking on my coffee

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice
So apparently Currie had lunch with Leach today in California, so there's another potential hire for me to get excited about before he gets a raise and turns Tennessee down

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sent from my iPad posted:

I love college football so much

Don't forget this

https://twitter.com/DanWolken/status/935726996289617921

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Leach ain't going to loving Tennessee

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Cheetah is loving trash and i don't believe this at all.

If they had said pink pony now....

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
UH sir there was a lunch

Just let him clear it with Beverly and oh no nevermind he gets a raise from WSU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I have...

Actually I don't want to know.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

Oh come on man the pony is a dump

Tattletales however....

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

OH BOY THEY GONNA GO NUCLEAR IN KNOXVILLE WHEN THIS FALLS THROUGH TOO

https://twitter.com/newyscruggs/status/936440399211761665

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

FizFashizzle posted:

:hfive:

That's where my friends and I always end up after our fantasy football draft labor day weekend.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

leach is literally the only person on earth insane enough to want this job

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

R.D. Mangles posted:

leach is literally the only person on earth insane enough to want this job

The thought of Leach in the SEC makes me :awesome:

It's about time we had some real coaching diversity. gently caress this Sabanian mongoloid coaching tree we've suffered through over the past 5-10 years

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

Oh come on man the pony is a dump

Tattletales however....

listen son if you're gonna try to out trashy atlanta strip club me then you can catch this fade at stilletos

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

If that goes down it's gonna own. I don't know if he cracks a ceiling higher than 10 wins but it's gonna be fun to watch.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
CALL HIM VOLS https://twitter.com/PaulKuharskyNFL/status/936443160343011330

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FizFashizzle posted:

listen son if you're gonna try to out trashy atlanta strip club me then you can catch this fade at stilletos

BOI stilettos ain’t poo poo and you know Clermont is cheatin so I’ll just see you at the Onyx

Komet
Apr 4, 2003

Wow, the SEC gets Moorhead and Leach and Mullen goes to Florida. Maybe SEC football will be watchable again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Joey Freshwater posted:

BOI stilettos ain’t poo poo and you know Clermont is cheatin so I’ll just see you at the Onyx

bring yo nine bitch

• Locked thread