Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Rough Lobster posted:

Looks like Cap's got some kind of vibranium gauntlet things on, neat.

They look like surplus Panther ClawsTM if you look to the right

Edit: I'm wondering what Widow's got going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Al Borland Corp. posted:

With Superman I always feel like the obvious answer to someone saying "I must figure out Superman's secret identity!" Would be "He has a secret identity? I thought his real name was Kal-El from the planet Krypton, I saw it on the news. Why would he have a secret identity? He lives at the North Pole"

Whoa that never occurred to me but it makes so much sense

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That was a major plot point in John Byrne's Superman run. He wanted to make it seem as if Superman was who he always was and didn't want to give off the notion that he had a dual identity.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

I always thought it was Byrne that did the story where Lex uses s computer to find out Clark is Superman, and dismisses it.

It's a great concept that Superman is so amazing that nobody thinks he'd ever want to pretend he was anybody else.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
IIRC, he fires a woman who used a computer to figure it out, because obviously someone with Superman's abilities could never stoop so low as to pretend to pull his hair back but doesn't be Clark Kent.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

Suicide Squad is one of the most awfully edited and poorly conceived movies I've ever seen. I would cheerfully rewatch BvS or Iron Man 2 before watching Suicide Squad again. Zach Snyder can at least direct some pretty action scenes.

Like, true story: when I watched Suicide Squad for the first time, on DVD, and they spent 20 minutes introducing all the characters, and then immediately afterward they spent 30 minutes introducing all the characters again, I stopped play and went into the chapter titles to make sure i wasn't stroking out or watching bonus footage or something.

As I recall, the original idea would have started the film in the middle bits, and have had the introductions later on, thus making it less frontloaded. Also last minute changes to make everything more cheery like the trailers.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

McCloud posted:

As I recall, the original idea would have started the film in the middle bits, and have had the introductions later on, thus making it less frontloaded. Also last minute changes to make everything more cheery like the trailers.

That still would have left two sets of introduction scenes though, just in the reverse order.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Beachcomber posted:

IIRC, he fires a woman who used a computer to figure it out, because obviously someone with Superman's abilities could never stoop so low as to pretend to pull his hair back but doesn't be Clark Kent.

Right, but what I was getting at was, why are they trying to find out who Superman is if he's assumed to always be Superman?

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

That still would have left two sets of introduction scenes though, just in the reverse order.

I would imagine one of those sets would have been removed, as you correctly point out the redundancy, but who knows. Again, I'm very curious to see the directors vision that wasn't mucked with by execs, or if the end product would have been a mess either way.

McCloud
Oct 27, 2005

You know, having finally seen the infinity teaser, I'm a bit underwhelmed. Thanos looked terrible, and evokes more laughter than anything else, and that "running in the jungle" scene was just awful.

It's too bad, because Thor 3 looked awesome, and I'd been hoping the other movies would take a cue from that.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(Ă¢Â–Â°Ă‹Â˜vĂ‹Â˜Ă¢Â–Â°)
Thanos looked about as good as I expected a giant purple supervillainman to look like

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
what was that one joke in The Boondocks comic? about there being so many black people in the matrix its wonder wholl die first? :allears:

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Zzulu posted:

Thanos looked about as good as I expected a giant purple supervillainman to look like

*has a flashback to Xmen Apocalypse and involuntarily shudders*

Race Realists posted:

what was that one joke in The Boondocks comic? about there being so many black people in the matrix its wonder wholl die first? :allears:

what

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Race Realists posted:

Name/Post/Avatar gimmick?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Comfortador posted:

Name/Post/Avatar gimmick?

yeah i know :byodood:IDENTITYPOLITIC:byodood: but there has to be some sort of recognition or award out there for "Most Amount Of Racial Minorities In An Action Scene"

does my Blerd heart good

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Dec 1, 2017

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012

Rough Lobster posted:

*has a flashback to Xmen Apocalypse and involuntarily shudders*

The movie was poo poo but I didn't think the Apocalypse aesthetic (or his casting) had anything to do with that.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
In that Jamie Madrox film they should get the wrestler Brock Lesnar to play Strong Guy.

Also what happened to Strong Guy in the comics? He was the king of hell or something when I last saw him.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Zzulu posted:

I kind of like the wifebeater look, kinda thematic fits in with the narrative of him being a abusive father.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The major thing dragging down Apocalypse was the movie insisting on spending time on Xavier, Magneto doing another face/heel/face turn, and Mystique played by a JLaw that would rather be dead than be in Apocalypse.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Pat Mustard posted:

Also what happened to Strong Guy in the comics? He was the king of hell or something when I last saw him.

He's shown up in X-Books a few times in the last year or so just sort of in the background without comment. I think I recall hearing that he abdicated his throne in a non-X-title but I'm not sure what the details of that are.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This is gonna own so hard

https://twitter.com/Variety/status/936656382157144064

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Goldie Vance?

Is that one of those 1930s peppy girl newspaper reporters, like Torchie Blaine?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I believe it's a recent series, co-created by Hope Larsen and Brittney Williams, but I think it's inspired by stuff like Nancy Drew etc.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Goldie Vance?

Is that one of those 1930s peppy girl newspaper reporters, like Torchie Blaine?

1960s queer half-Puerto Rican Nancy Drew kinda deal it's great. Hoping this means we'll get another arc

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Zzulu posted:

My only complaint is that he could use a headpiece or something, like in the comics. Break up all that business a bit.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Here's Robin from the Titans TV series

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2017/12/01/first-look-tvs-newest-robin?sf175027241=1

Crisco Kid
Jan 14, 2008

Where does the wind come from that blows upon your face, that fans the pages of your book?

Rough Lobster posted:

Looks like Cap's got some kind of vibranium gauntlet things on, neat.

I spent a while trying to figure the gauntlets out, and almost missed this:

I hope it's not a trick of the light, because a dark vibranium arm inlaid with gold Wakandan patterning would be a cool as hell rebuild.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Tim Drake?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Dick, for the most of the show he'll be Nightwing. This is either just for the first ep or flashbacks.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
A pretty good-looking suit from what we can see. But the mask seems to stick out for some reason in this photo, with this editing.

Hopefully the bottom part is just green undies and booties and bare legs :v:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tim has always had the best Robin costume.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Dacap posted:

Dick, for the most of the show he'll be Nightwing. This is either just for the first ep or flashbacks.

I don't think, so Tim

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
How long you been waiting to use that one? lol

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/NEBU_KURO/status/936455725760442368?s=17

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

That looks great. The mask is a little wonky but what are you really gonna do with it? Robin is hard to make look cool. I'm down.

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

Murata’s skill level is insane. I want this poster. I may actually try to import this.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I always knew Peter was the little spoon

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

that's a unique hadoken pose

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electromax
May 6, 2007
From the deleted ending where the ghost of Iron Man helps Spidey shoot a Kamehameha at Vulture and disintegrate him.

• Locked thread