Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Slight update to the Dome ticket sales in the Observer, 22,000 sold so far compared to 12,000 last year at the same point. Fastest advance since 98. I think that advance eclipses the paid (and some total in building) for all the shows in the dark ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Best Friends vs. UnbreaCobble from the most recent show was a lot of fun (Chucky got a chant!), the GOD vs. Young Boys match had some good comedy, and the main event that's just starting should be a fine hoss off. Definitely worth tuning in for the top of the card.

I also enjoyed Juice screaming "gently caress off Nakanishi" in the previous show. I guess Sami's rubbing off on him.

I know there has to be the impression of parity with some of the faction teams but if I'm in charge of Chaos I'm definitely putting Goto and Ishii together to kill someone dudes.

Edit: yesss, duelling swears and big boy moonsaults!

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Nov 30, 2017

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Cobb/Elgin vs. Best Friends was the match that Chuckie needed imo. What a good match, I think the crowd was more into it than the main event too.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I straight up can't wait. It's not within walking distance to my house like last time, but it's still like a 10 minute drive for me.

Yep bout 30 mins from west LA for me, and despite Mania following shortly after it sounds like my travel-to-shows friends are all on board for this.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

If I can swing a couple days vacation I'll make the drive from the Bay area for it

Dr. Zoggle
Aug 12, 2006
Go Blue!

Taking bets on the new year's battle royal. Maybe this is Cheeseburger's year?

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Some of the tag tournament matches from small venues aren't working for me :( But the bigger events are, so I guess it's not a huge loss. I don't think WWE has any more PPVs before my free month expires so it looks like you lucky few will be the only ones to see my extremely good posts soon

I choose to believe that the insane sales numbers for the Wrestle Kingdom show are because everyone is excited to see the coronation of my main man, Naito~

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

here comes the spunk posted:

Haku or we riot

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Chuckie's name in Japanese is the best...

:allears:

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Honma if he's ready seems like the no brainer to me. I read he's taking bumps in the dojo again.

And that was a pretty decent show. Cobb is the best.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Scott Norton

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I know it's throw away but put Shota Umino in it and have him win it as his first victory. The pop would be huge

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Meltzer posted:

The actual advance ticket sales to the Tokyo Dome as of 11/27 was 22,000. At the same point last year, that number was 12,200, and that was ahead of the pace of previous several years. It was the quickest to 20,000 (a number they hit on 11/25) since the 1988 Riki Choshu and Antonio Inoki retirement shows, which had the fast initial sales because everyone knew they would sell out. If tickets continue selling at this pace, they will have the first legit sellout since 2002, but I still don’t expect that because I don’t think the reasons for the early and second surge will continue selling that well above recent pace going forward. But if they only sell from 11/25 to 1/4 at the same pace as last year from this point forward, you’re still talking 36,000 paid. The three key reasons are the overall increased popularity in Japan and how hot Naito challenging for the title in the Dome main event is, far more tickets than anyone expected being sold outside of Japan, and the addition of Chris Jericho to the show

Felt to me like 35k was in play this year and looks like things are trending in that direction. I wonder if this boosts Naito's argument for a longer reign as opposed to Kenny getting the belt mid year. Looking back at this year, Okada had 7 defenses total in 2017 including:

Wrestling Kingdom - January
New Beginning in Sapporo - February
Sakura Genesis - April
Wrestling Dontaku - May
Dominion - June
G1 Special - July
King of Pro Wrestling - October

Take one away for WK and that's 6. I feel he needs at least four wins to make it a solid reign, so maybe Dominion still works if they do a title defense at the March Long Beach show.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
It sounds like Chucky T is finally getting his due, good for him.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

The_Rob posted:

Yeah I straight up can't wait. It's not within walking distance to my house like last time, but it's still like a 10 minute drive for me.

Was in walking distance for me but now,I'm in Australia. The one time I miss living in Long Beach!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

dromal phrenia posted:

I choose to believe that the insane sales numbers for the Wrestle Kingdom show are because everyone is excited to see the coronation of my main man, Naito~

I love Okada a lot and want him to be champion forever but God I hope Naito wins the title at WrestleKingdom :allears:

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Best Friends/Hoss Friends was so drat fun and told a great story. Glad Dustin and Greg seem to be getting over.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

I love Okada a lot and want him to be champion forever but God I hope Naito wins the title at WrestleKingdom :allears:

There is like a 0% chance he's not winning. The entire build to this point has been Naito conquering his obstacles - overtaking Tanahashi and getting his frustrations at the IC belt out of his system by trying to destroy it, conquering the G1 Climax again and overcoming the man who cut off his conquering the year prior by beating Kenny, and now he can look down the line and see a man he knows he can beat for the title, in the slot he has always felt was rightfully his - the Tokyo Dome main event.

sigmachiev posted:

Felt to me like 35k was in play this year and looks like things are trending in that direction. I wonder if this boosts Naito's argument for a longer reign as opposed to Kenny getting the belt mid year. Looking back at this year, Okada had 7 defenses total in 2017 including:

Wrestling Kingdom - January
New Beginning in Sapporo - February
Sakura Genesis - April
Wrestling Dontaku - May
Dominion - June
G1 Special - July
King of Pro Wrestling - October

Take one away for WK and that's 6. I feel he needs at least four wins to make it a solid reign, so maybe Dominion still works if they do a title defense at the March Long Beach show.

I don't think anyone will know for sure what they're planning for Kenny in 2018 until Strong Style Evolved wraps up. If he drops the US title there (to Ibushi, since I guess that's now the rumored plan for the Big Match for that event?), one would assume they'd be planning to put the IWGP title on him for even a brief period, Naito in 2016 style, where he gets one successful defense in.

If he comes out of SSE and he's US champ still, I'd be betting he's going up to almost a year with that belt and maybe drops it around Dominion and maybe Naito drops the title to Okada after the G1, and Kenny wins his second G1 and suddenly Wrestle Kingdom 13 is the rubber match for Omega/Okada. or they do Omega/Naito for WK13 as a rubber match between the two most recent G1 champs since they're 1-1 right now.

It wouldn't be a shock at all for Naito to carry the belt all the way to at least King of Pro-Wrestling, though.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Today's league matches which will be archived for streaming later:

TenCozy [4] vs. Yujiro and Hangman Page [4]
Yuji Nagata and Manabu Nakanishi [2] vs. EVIL and SANADA [4]
Death Juice [6] vs. Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka [4]
Hirooki Goto and YOSHI-HASHI [4] vs. Bad Luck Fale and Chase Owens [4]

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

maybe im bein pessimistic but i feel like tencozy is probably winning this thing outright

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Thauros posted:

Death Juice [6] vs. Minoru Suzuki and Takashi Iizuka [4]

KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS :allears:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

STONE COLD 64 posted:

maybe im bein pessimistic but i feel like tencozy is probably winning this thing outright

the only negative here would be kojima being locked out of singles programs

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

STONE COLD 64 posted:

TenCozy seems a little unlikely but hardly crazy when you look at the viable options and I don't really have a great feel for who's going to win this year. Here's the teams I'm more skeptical on, in order of confidence level:

Both teams with a YL and 0 points
Nagata and Nakanishi
KES -no need to put the champs over here
MiSu/Iizuka - as MiSu needs to defend the NEVER
The non GoD BC teams
Goto/Y-H - Goto seems locked in as MiSu's challenger (should've been Ishii damnit :sigh:)
L.I.J- I know the trios belts are lame, but they still exist

I hope it's not GoD or War Machine, but it wouldn't completely shock me given the usual level of creatively Gedo invests in booking the division. I'd still say one of the new gaijin teams or the two remaining native vet entries are more likely.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 1, 2017

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
http://www.njpw.co.jp/125006

quote:

Product name
Yuki Hero Pro-Wrestling × Mutant Turtles × New Japan Wrestling T-shirt

■ Sales Items
★ Collaboration T-shirt 4 types
Amount: 5,140 yen + consumption tax
size: S, M, L, XL

Sales start
December 2nd (Saturday) ~

● Sales location
■ Laforet Harajuku Yuki Hero Pro-wrestling pop-up shop
Location: 1-11-6 Jingumae Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 150-0001 Tokyo Laforet Harajuku 2F
Sales period: December 1 - 13
Business hours: 11: 00 ~ 21 : 00 (until the end on 19:00)

■ REBLICHAL (Reburial)
sales start: December 2 -
Opening hours: 13: 00-22: 00 (closed on Mondays)

hey who wants to go stand in line at a pop-up shop and take a 5,140x4 yen risk for me

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
More proof Okada is better than Naito.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Naito should be Michelangelo.

And gently caress that old grandma lookin Makabe. he gets no turtle action.

Johnny Landmine
Aug 2, 2004

PURE FUCKING AINOGEDDON
On one hand Mikey is easily the most tranquilo, but Naito is also the epitome of "cool, but rude."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I need that Donatello shirt so bad. It's not even funny.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
its funny to me that every picture njpw has of david finlay is clearly at least a year and a half out of date.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves

Is Hiromu's new gimmick getting hurt during the entrances? :lol:

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...
Best Friends vs The Big Guys was super fun.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Ishin posted:

Is Hiromu's new gimmick getting hurt during the entrances? :lol:

Naito's gimmick with the briefcase is bowling it into Hiromu. He's gotten more vicious with it after Hiromu dodged it one time and it smacked into some guy in the audience.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is there any possibility they have Best Friends win as part of trying to help Trent's credibility as a heavyweight?

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

so many forgotten waves

Baron Corbyn posted:

Naito's gimmick with the briefcase is bowling it into Hiromu. He's gotten more vicious with it after Hiromu dodged it one time and it smacked into some guy in the audience.

Even better

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if they intended to do that I think they would've put him with ishii or yano or goto or yoshi and create another spot for one of those guys on the wk card

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/Tama_Tonga/status/936603328661917696

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/936605823215853569

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/status/936606378818506752

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I assumed it was War Machine but people are saying Elgin?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Tonight's AXS show is a 3-hour airing of KOPW with pretty much all the important matches. I'm guessing they'll do a similar thing with WK this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse
So happy to see Chucky T doing so well with his shot. Him and Trent can really turn it up when they're not doing the jokey stuff and it showed real well in the last match

• Locked thread