Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Yaws posted:

Why are people so obsessed with Chris Evans hair (or lack thereof?)

Meme fight between people who tie Marvel and DC to their identity. Cavill vs. Evans: Follicle War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Yaws posted:

Why are people so obsessed with Chris Evans hair (or lack thereof?)

Cause obvious wigs and weaves are really funny. What else are you gonna single out, Scarlett Johannson's Black Widow hairpieces? Those are just depressing.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

bushisms.txt posted:

Meme fight between people who tie Marvel and DC to their identity. Cavill vs. Evans: Follicle War

The hairline change between Man of Steel and BvS is super distracting.Specially because the haircut made it more pronounced

hump day bitches! fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Dec 1, 2017

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Fun fact: high-T men (inc., obc., those whomtake steroids) tend to lose their hair a lot faster

Serf
May 5, 2011

i'm into the idea of bald superman and captain america

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Unironically cast Jason Statham as Captain America and Vegeta in the same movie (he is both those characters already)

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

WENTZ WAGON NUI posted:

Unironically cast Jason Statham as Captain America and Vegeta in the same movie (he is both those characters already)

Cast Jason Statham as Captain America and direct him to over-exaggerate his accent.

Strasburgs UCL
Jul 28, 2009

Hang in there little buddy
Evans hairpiece or whatever gives his hair this whole uncanny valley thing. It actually kind of works since it makes him look like he really was made in a lab as the embodiment of American patriotism.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-movies/captain-america-star-chris-evans-complains-losing-hair-superhero-balding-article-1.127858

quote:

The fear is this [role] can span 10 years, so I can be doing this character until I'm 40, I'm supposed to be like this superior human. He can't be balding.

How horrible would it be if this superior man has male pattern baldness?

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

This is a man who does not appreciate just how sexy a bald man can be. See: Avery Brooks, Patrick Stewart, Bruce Willis, etc.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh my god he hated Joss Whedon because he looked at him and saw his future

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Serf posted:

i'm into the idea of bald superman and captain america

I think you mean bald Cap and mullet Supes.

People are just hating on Evans because he's physically perfect and also seems like a real nice guy.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Wig spotting is just one of those things I am bad at and never even think to do.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Detective No. 27 posted:

Wig spotting is just one of those things I am bad at and never even think to do.

Watch the fifth element and stare in wild eye wonder to the amazingly terrible hairpiece of bruce willis.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Embrace it, do Earth X.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Detective No. 27 posted:

http://www.somethingawful.com/movie-reviews/druids/1/

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Oh my god he hated Joss Whedon because he looked at him and saw his future

That's some grim poo poo.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

McSpanky posted:

Embrace it, do Earth X.

If you do that though, you obviously have to cast Bruce Willis as Cap.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Heh heh heh

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Detective No. 27 posted:

I didn't see it at first but someone pointed out to me that the Hobbits are kids in bad wigs at the end of Return of the King and it ruined the scene for me lol. I can't not look at it now.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

hump day bitches! posted:

Watch the fifth element and stare in wild eye wonder to the amazingly terrible hairpiece of bruce willis.

Just about only person in that movie that isn't wearing some ridiculous hairpiece is Milla. Tiny Lister I guess as well, Ian Holm probably has his real hair too.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
It depicts the fact that we'll all be bald from the chemotherapy we'll be going through to survive the sun's cancerous rays by the time we reach a flying car society. Very ahead of its time.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

Margot Robbie is developing a solo film for Harley Quinn, that is seperate from the planned Suicide Squad sequel, the Gotham City Sirens movie, and the Harley/Joker film. The actor revealed that in an interview with MTV's Josh Horowitz, saying that she's been developing it for two years.

"Yeah, I've been working on it for two years now," said Robbie. "I mean, it's hard to kind of talk about it, because all the stuff is kind of under lock and key. But I've been working on a separate spinoff Harley thing for a while now."

"I want to see her with other women," Robbie explained. "I kept saying when we were shooting Suicide Squad, I was like 'She needs her girlfriends.' She needs other girls around her, because she loves that. You see that in the comics, she loves meeting people, any people. But she needs a little girl gang."

Although the latter statement could be taken as referring to the Gotham City Sirens project, due to the comic book featuring Harley, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, and others, but Robbie confirms this project she's talking about is seperate from that.

"No, it's a totally seperate one... Yeah, there's alot going on right now. I'm not sure anyone knows what's going to be the next thing, but everyone is itching to get Harley back on-screen."

https://www.facebook.com/MTV/videos/1833420240033485/

I guess the DCEU will now be the Harley Quinn Cinematic Universe.

EDIT:

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So, the first trailer for that Batman Ninja film is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wId8XY6y_HA

:catdrugs:

And now with subs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mVTKEc-mu8

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Dec 1, 2017

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Wouldn't mind that at all, so long as Whedon is out.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The Sears approach to film production, just toss all the IP's on a table and say 'to the victor goes the spoils'.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What would be better than 4 more Harley movies is a Batman movie.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao they seriously have NOBODY guiding this ship. "two jokers! what if a joker was leonardo dicaprio? a thousand harleys, but all the same actress! will one of these turds please stick to the wall"

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Considering how bad suicide squad was and yet better received by "fans" than BvS, can you blame them? Stop thinking about making good films and make sure the fans get all the fan service they can tolerate.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

bushisms.txt posted:

Considering how bad suicide squad was and yet better received by "fans" than BvS, can you blame them? Stop thinking about making good films and make sure the fans get all the fan service they can tolerate.

I mean, that logic was what got us Justice League how it is.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wouldn't mind that at all, so long as Whedon is out.

Supposedly Whedon is still moving full speed ahead with Batgirl, so ... hold onto your butts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Timby posted:

Supposedly Whedon is still moving full speed ahead with Batgirl, so ... hold onto your butts.

Well we know Whedon will be doing that

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

bushisms.txt posted:

There's entire companies that do nothing but monitor social media and count the number of "mentions" that a film or a character will get on Facebook or Twitter or Youtube etc etc and collate all the data for the studio executives. You can absolutely bet your rear end that they have good hard evidence that certain demographics got way way more excited about Harley Quinn than any of the other DCEU characters and the executives will have funneled a ton of money into Harley Quinn project development.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Timby posted:

Oh for gently caress's sake.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I just saw Age of Ultron

Why should I care about Hulk and Scarlett Johansson. The movie cares a lot about them but ???

I'm not being snarky I just don't get it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Timby posted:

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Well we know Whedon will be doing that

:eyepop:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

euphronius posted:

I just saw Age of Ultron

Why should I care about Hulk and Scarlett Johansson. The movie cares a lot about them but ???

I'm not being snarky I just don't get it.

That movie literally has Scarlett Johansson compare herself to being a monster like the Hulk because she's sterile.

It's hosed up.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Translation: didn't sleep with Joss

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
that's the one part of Age of Ultron that I legitimately hated. There's very few things in movies that I hate but that was real lovely

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Ultron the character generally works in that movie (and is maybe the only thing not a complete mess), but no one is listening to him and nothing is learned.

• Locked thread