Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

P.d0t posted:

there was also some of that in David Cage's "Beyond: Two Souls"

I'm surprised no one's pointed out the similarities to Jade Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Covok posted:

I'm surprised no one's pointed out the similarities to Jade Empire.

Bedlamdan posted:

Jade Empire?

Falstaff
Apr 27, 2008

I have a kind of alacrity in sinking.

Lurdiak posted:

Speaking of metaphors for capitalism, there's this one dragon in D&D that is so obsessed with immortality that it parked itself in the metaphysical river where souls are formed of pure life energy and drinks it all day. One of the plot hooks for players is "children being born without souls". Also, he has a Balor instead of a heart.

That was Ashardalon. He was a big jerk.

(I had bad experiences with that adventure.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That was a cool twist on the philactery. I played a campaign once where the rear end in a top hat Dragon had the draconomicon class of ashardalon fanboys that have their own demon hearts and the party was outclassed so we had to do an assassination mission on the demon that was the heart in an infernal plane

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

“I KNEW you stuffed the turkey with Cap’n Crunch!”

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
Is there a dedicated games recommendation thread somewhere in Trad Games? Couldn't find one.

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
The What system should I use megathread , maybe?

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

dwarf74 posted:

Apparently Pathfinder Munchkin is a thing.

When I close my eyes to sleep tonight, this will haunt me.

Someone bought me that as a gift once because they knew I like games.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Scyther posted:

You deserve it

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
That's for tabletop RPGs though, right? I'm looking for card/board game recommendations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Scyther posted:

Ouch.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Cicero posted:

That's for tabletop RPGs though, right? I'm looking for card/board game recommendations.

You want the board game thread then.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer
Man, I really value what the rise of electronic gamebooks has given us, even with all the dreck. I just wish there were some universally recognized and comprehensible naming scheme for files and that developers could all magically be compelled to adhere to it. Like, I do not get people who just name their professionally uploaded file as one word of its title. Even an acronym is bad since it makes it hard to search but I at least understand what it is.

eta: also please do not call your errata file just 'errata', or worse, something completely unrelated to your game or what the file is.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I mean it'd be good from a professionalism standpoint, but: you know you can re-name files, right?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
MAJOR fail. The Y axis should go Hungry <----> Thirsty.

occamsnailfile
Nov 4, 2007

zamtrios so lonely
Grimey Drawer

Leperflesh posted:

I mean it'd be good from a professionalism standpoint, but: you know you can re-name files, right?

Yes obviously. I just feel it's a weird oversight, after everything else that had to go into making that book.

Bedlamdan
Apr 25, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

As long as horny remains in the middle

Ego Trip
Aug 28, 2012

A tenacious little mouse!

0/10 no Landerig would not meme again

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Ferrinus posted:

Incel <-------> Volcel axis is the correct one

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

gradenko_2000 posted:

Incel <-------> Volcel axis is the correct one

That should be the X axis.

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

Your linear 2D alignment bores me.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
I too reckon my comparative level of horniness by the same metrics used by the Borg queen.

Which is to say, consistently have it bad for Patrick Stewart, and dissolving my flesh in engine chemicals to expose the clean, pure metal underneath.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Scyther posted:

Your linear 2D alignment bores me.

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
alignment on the trinary n-cube or get out

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Imagine nine alignments on the edge of a cliff.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!
I prefer to remain out of alignment.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
:siren: New blogpost for The Next Project is up!
Talking about ideas for starter classes/pre-gen characters :)

Hit me up with comments, if you got any.

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.
All of Their Strengths has just rolled out another holiday expansion - Christmas this time, with some scenarios and two new Hybrids, Elves and Reindeer (the latter, I quote, "hopefully not in a gross way").

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Crossposting from PYF where I saw it because holy lol GW is even shittier than I could have ever known:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yawgmoth posted:

Crossposting from PYF where I saw it because holy lol GW is even shittier than I could have ever known:

I didn't bother reading anything but the three first quotes but everyone in that pic should be killed

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/howieeday/status/936438134169944064

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Plutonis posted:

I didn't bother reading anything but the three first quotes but everyone in that pic should be killed

Alexandra did nothing wrong

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

That is incredibly awesome.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/howardtayler/status/936782407461507073

"Munchkin Starfinder" is a phrase that I didn't think I'd already be saying by 2017.

https://twitter.com/drgonzo123/status/936638842009874433

on the one hand, it's Detwiller. On the other, it's the Cypher System. Ugh.

(seems like he has quite a bit of work with Monte Cook, since he also did the intro scenario for Numenera 2nd Edition)

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yawgmoth posted:

Not to downplay the shittiness in the community, but 'Warhammer 40k Quotes' isn't a GW run facebook page.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Liquid Communism posted:

Not to downplay the shittiness in the community, but 'Warhammer 40k Quotes' isn't a GW run facebook page.

GW has made overtures to being more inclusive lately too. It's part of their revolutionary introduction of a social media department and not treating the computer as a fad.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea GW has actually been inching to 'maybe things changed since the late 80's?'

Many of it's fans, sadly...not so much...

Mr. Tambo
Feb 7, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

(seems like he has quite a bit of work with Monte Cook, since he also did the intro scenario for Numenera 2nd Edition)

Detwiller works for MCG as managing editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gradenko_2000 posted:

https://twitter.com/howardtayler/status/936782407461507073

"Munchkin Starfinder" is a phrase that I didn't think I'd already be saying by 2017.

https://twitter.com/drgonzo123/status/936638842009874433

Dear Dennis where's the other handbook for Delta Green 2e love dickeye

• Locked thread