Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

mister magpie posted:

I kinda wanted to explore a magicka, destro staff tank as an idea

it's not as good as it sounds, I mean you can tank easy stuff, but you'd be able to do that in a pure DPS build anyway.

sword and board/frost staff seems like it would be OK on paper, but turns lovely the moment you swap to frost for agro or whatever and you get one shotted because you're not blocking with a shield.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
I'm online right now for the next hour or so for a guild invite. I should be @thespokeydokey but I am not sure if it is by character name or by account name.

free samples today
May 17, 2008

Howdy, I'm trying out this game again and I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. Would love an invite to the guild. @Ratchety

cams
Mar 28, 2003

is there a more efficient way to get an invite, don't see anything in the op other than the discord

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

cams posted:

is there a more efficient way to get an invite, don't see anything in the op other than the discord

There is a more efficient way than asking someone in real time for a guild invite?

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure my invite was sent while I was offline and appears in the notification "N" tab.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

extremely glad that when i finally got to venture into black marsh its entire aesthetic is "like the bitter coast but more normal"

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø
No loving way did it just boot us out. I'm assuming that happened with you as well? Gggaaah?!

e: That was pretty drat neat! Yeesh, well played team megapatience!

valuum fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 2, 2017

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm just farting around and exploring and don't care gently caress all about min/maxing or really anything at this point, but my wife is all "play this game!" so now I'm playing it.

Someone invite @rickiep00h on PC/NA please.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Working on a Magica Templar and would like a guild invite.
UserID: capfalcon on PC/NA

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Is it just me, or is the level scaling in this game super busted? I'm in Auridon doing this questline where I'm protecting some queen, and I keep getting annihilated by named NPC enemies, and I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. I think my gear might be under level, but it's not like the game has given me any loot at all to replace it with. I'm playing a Nightblade so I'm trying to just wear medium armor, but I have no idea what wearing medium armor instead of heavy actually does, so maybe I should just put on all my heavy poo poo while I'm soloing stuff for the health?

Does level on gear matter for scaling at all, or is it just the damage/armor number I should be worrying about? turns out I had like a level 3 mace but getting a level 10 dagger only does 100 more damage

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Dec 3, 2017

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I don't know how the scaling works out as far as numbers are concerned, but almost all the trouble I had with solo content while leveling was because I had outleveled my gear by a significant amount.

As for what the different armor types do, look at the skill trees. In short, medium armor is best for stamina DPS, light armor is best for magicka DPS, and heavy armor is best for defense. May as well use a mix while you're leveling. That way you're leveling all the armor skills, and if you're doing stamina DPS Nightblade, that's a notoriously fragile build.

Also, you are guaranteed an armor or weapon drop from one of that region's armor sets if you kill a delve boss (easily soloable), public dungeon boss (soloable if you're more experienced, otherwise it's a job for 2-3 people), or world boss. Dolmens drop jewelry, and as long as you land a hit during the fight, you get the chest at the end.

If you're in Auridon, I'd grab a friend or two and try to clear Toothmaul Gully.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Dec 3, 2017

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
And also, if you get stuck, ask in guild chat for some help. When I was leveling my magNB there were a couple times where I just couldn't beat the boss/quest and either had to come back to it later with better gear and skills, or had someone give me a hand.

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008
Get better gear. Don't forget to get more talents (bar should be full). Also, passives play a BIG part (for some classes).

The issue I have is against those named 100k+ hp bosses that hit super hard (not the ones with easily blockable attacks). But that's mainly because I play a stamblade and am running around with 11k hp.

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

DoriDori240 posted:

Magsorc is broken.

To start off, this is not a fully original build, many others came to the same conclusion, but for whatever reason, it is not as wide spread how absolutely cheesy easy this build makes VMA, soloing vet dungeons, and world boss farming.

With the Morrowind expansion, Zenimax absolutely crushed sustain over all (removed the reduced cost CP star, nerfed the regen CP star, and nerfed cost redux on light and medium armor). This makes magicka sustain in particular somewhat difficult compared to before. That being the case, ZOS also buffed the amount of magicka restored via heavy attacks. In particular, lightning heavies restore more magicka than either the inferno or ice stave (which do have a shorter attack animation as the lightning stave is a channel). Only the resto restores more. I find heavy attack gameplay super boring, but right now as a DPS, it is the best damage and sustain possible for magsorc (which always has had really poor native sustain).

This build will give you essentially an endless magicka pool, a huge damage shield, and the best AOE damage of any class in the game. If you have not cleared Veteran Maelstrom Arena, you will with this build.

It requires an absolute minimum of farming. No VMA weapons, no super rare gear. You have to have 6 trait crafting, visit scenic Rivenspire for a bit, and go kill a few things in Veteran Direfrost Keep.

Race: High Elf>Breton>Dark Elf>the rest. High Elf is absolutely the best race for this particular build given their inherent boost to elemental damage and max magicka. The extra regen is nice, but not really important to the build. Breton has the same 10% max magicka, a 3 percent reduced cost on spells, and about 4k spell resist. Dark Elf is third due to the fact we do not use any fire staves or fire based abilities with this build at all. All other races are a DPS loss, but really, this will work with about anything.

Mundus Stone: The Apprentice. 363 Spell Damage with 7 gold divines. Simply the best mundus available for a magicka DPS. The Lover (spell pen) is 2nd best. ZOS loving killed the Shadow and Thief mundus (Mundi?) with the HotR update.

Gear:

5 Necropotence: 3 Jewelry, Epaulets (divines), Sash (Divines). The Jewels can even be blue, which are basically vendor trash levels of pricing, but i'd suggest farming dolmens and treasure chests in Rivenspire to get purple, or if you are a total sperg, gold jewelry is periodically available at the Golden vendor in Cyrodiil (250K gold or 500K AP). Enchant all three pieces with spell damage enchants (if the jewelry is purple, spring for gold enchants). The epaulets are super cheap, followed by the sash, if you just want to purchase them on the traders. Necro armor is a relatively easy farm, and an hour or so roaming between Evermore and the Crypt of Hearts dungeon picking chests should yield you at least 2 pieces. Any 2 will do, if they are small pieces, look for divines, if they are legs or chest, try and get infused. I sell quite a bit of this, so if you are in a bind, pm me and I can probably hook you up, as I basically live out of Evermore. This set is all max magicka, with the 5th piece the single largest magicka pool buff in the game (with a pet active)

5 pc Law of Julianos: Heavy Chest (Infused or Divines), Medium Legs (Infused or Divines), Light Shoes and Sash (both Divines). I prefer Infused on the two big pieces for more magicka, but Divines is fine too. 1 Infused Lightning Stave (Front Bar) with a shock enchant, 1 Nirn or Sharpened Lightning Stave (Back Bar) with a berzerker enchant. With the Horns of the Reach update, Zeni changed the values of the 2-4 set piece bonuses. Juli was pretty decent before, and it is BIS now. Spell Critical X2, Max Magicka, and 300 SD.

1 piece Iceheart: Light Hat (Infused) - This is a 1 piece spell critical bonus. For a 1 piece item, this works best for the build.

Notes on Gear: Purple is fine, gold it out if you are rich, but the difference is not huge. My Julianos was already gold, but my necro is purple. The staves ABSOLUTELY MUST BE GOLD, NO EXCEPTIONS. Gold weapons are a huge boost to your damage. If nothing else, gold your weapons always. I use gold max magicka enchants on everything. Kutas are cheap, go for gold. I have a couple of Iceheart helms, but if your RNG is bad, or you already have divines shoulders, use those instead and craft a Juli hat. Same goes for the necro armor. If you loot or purchase shoes or gloves, use those instead. The epaulets are absolutely the cheapest armor, followed by the sash. If you get chest or legs, best to just sell them and craft Juli pieces instead, as they sell for a fair amount.

Food: CP150 Max Magicka/health is what I use, but Witchmothers is fine too, as long as you have undaunted mettle. You want to target for around 17.5K health.

Potions: CP150 trash pots are perfectly fine, but I run crit pots with max mag and crit chance. You don't need tripots due to Surge giving you the same spell damage buff.

Bars:

Front Bar: Hardened Ward, Power Surge, Endless Fury, Inner Light, Volatile Familiar, Ult: Elemental Rage
Back Bar: Elemental Blockade, Liquid Lightning, Daedric Prey, Inner Light (Flex spot here), Volatile Familiar, Ult: Shooting Star

The rotation is dead simple:

Power Surge>destro ult<barswap>LL (Liquid Lightning)>LA(light attack)>Blockade>LA>Familiar Pulse>LA>Prey <Bar Swap> Full Heavy Attack x2 <barswap> repeat sans surge (reapply this every 3rd rotation). In execute, keep your back bar dots up, and spam fury. So, that is the rotation, yes, but in practice, in VMA, you will find that it is even more simple. Pure cheese simple. Against everything but elites > blockade>familiar pulse, and heavy attack everything. Keep surge up always, ward when needed, and everything just melts away. You don't need Liquid or Prey unless it is an elite (miniboss) or end stage boss. Even then, drop your destro ult on elites, keep blockade and liquid down, keep familar pulse up and prey. Due to having a shock enchant on our infused front bar weapon, you will have nearly permanent uptime on off-balance, and our CP loadout will enable even more damage via 75 points into Thaumaturge for the exploiter passive (the exception is the Champion of Atrocity in round 6, but she is EZ regardless). I find I often do not even cast Prey as everything dies too fast. Use Fury on low health mobs and when in execute.

Hardened Ward: With the necro buff, this is over a 23K damage shield. Yes, it lasts just 6 seconds, but you will never want for magicka, and can basically keep this up all the time. You don't NEED to keep it up all the time, but it is what make sorcs so OP for VMA and other solo content. This also gives your pet a shield as well.

Power Surge: Gives you major sorcery for 33 seconds, and everytime you crit any attack, you heal for about 2k health. You will crit a lot. Nuff said.

Endless Fury: More OP than it appears. Often things under 20 percent just vaporize if they are not elites or bosses. Also you get roughly 3k magicka back everytime you kill something with this ability. It is also broken AF with implosion. drat.

Inner Light: 2% more max magicka from the base skill, 2 percent more from Mage's Guild passives, and major prophecy for extra spell crit. Here for the great passives. NOTE: I chose this over Bound Aegis, as even though you get double the magicka back from Aegis as well as additional spell resist from sorc passives, the spell crit bonus is too strong to ignore.

Volatile Familar: So this got a bit of a damage nerf a few patches ago, and yet it is still super OP. It enables us to get our huge magicka pool bonus from Necropotence, and once you activate it, the pulse does a ton of damage. Additionally, it can take aggro off of you in VMA against ANYTHING in the arena randomly, effectively acting as a pocket tank. Additionally, pets are immune to all environmental damage in the arena (round 2 blades, round three electrified water, round 5 ice water, etc). It will likely die to the Argonian Behemoth in round 7, but a minor issue only. Keep in mind that the pet will aggro on anything you heavy attack.

Elemental Blockade: keep this down all the time, bread and butter skill for all magicka DPS, great damage, and enables great off-balance uptime every tick.

Liquid Lightning: high damage ground based AOE lightning ability. On damage parses, this will usually be your highest damage output. That is how strong this ability is.

Daedric Prey: This buffs our pet damage by 55 percent, which is crazy considering how much damage the pet already does. You can only have this up against one target, so I usually only use this against elites and bosses in the arena. You need to make sure that you let the full 6 seconds tick off to allow the stored damage to explode. This is why the skill is fairly useless against trash.

Elemental Rage: Most people know that the destro ulti is super powerful. It is no exception in the arena, and is used against certain elites (wamasu, lurchers, trolls, and crem gaurds), round bosses, and end stage bosses. This goes on the front bar for the destro stave passive as we have blockade on the back bar.

Shooting Star: This is just here for max magicka buff from the mages guild passive.

Flex skills:

So, in rounds 4 (dwemer spider boss), 7(trolls, boss), and 8 (flame knight, totems, and final boss), some mobs have 18.2k resists, so you can slot elemental drain here to get additional spell pen in place of inner light on the back bar. You will lose some max magicka and the spell critical bonus on the back bar, however. I just leave inner light here myself.

I also toyed around with using crushing shock for round 9 when I was getting familiar with sorc back in the day, just to interrupt the final arena boss, you may find this worth a try, I don't use it anymore.

CP and general overview:

I had a medium Juli belt in this pic, along with Divines Juli Heavy Chest, but this was due to moving my Juli around (usually have my divines on my Magblade).

Passives:

You will want all of your class and racial passives, all of the destro passives, mages guild passives, and undaunted mettle (undaunted 9)

Optional Gear:

Netch's Touch is really strong on magsorc, in particular Netch's and Julianos (So dropping Necro all together). The damage is a lot more. One can still run Necro and Netch's, but in order to test, I am still farming an additional Lightning Stave, so I need to wait until Scyantific gets time to run Darkshade with me, as he brings all the shock stave RNG to the yard.

But wait...there is an even more strait cheese build than this....

What is it, you may ask?

it is a 5 5 1 set build, yet again. The key here is that you can run VMA with 1 bar. Meaning you never need to swap bars. Seriously. The key is that you do need a VMA Lightning Stave, so this is for once you have gotten your farm on in VMA with the above build, and started in on some veteran trials.

5 Necro again, 5 pc Infallible Aether, 1 VMA Lightning (Nirnhoned)
Ward>Blockade>Surge>Inner Light>Familiar>Destro Ult.

Keep blockade and familiar up, and heavy attack your way to victory. That is how OP the VMA stave is with the crushing wall buff....

Aha, found the post I was thinking of! Time to spend the cp and sp and be less of a chump, thanks for the excellent writup. Would be neat with a link to it in the OP, quoting it for now so that I dont lose it again.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Anyone seen a good up to date magplar guide? This is the only one I’ve seen besides the one on page six of this thread and it’s been a little confusing http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-templar-dps-build/

nominal
Oct 13, 2007

I've never tried dried apples.
What are they?
Pork Pro
I got this with the Humble Monthly Bundle a bit ago but only just got around to finally installing it.

Rolling with a StamSorc that runs around decapitating everything with an axe. I don't know what I'm doing but hit 13 yesterday in a few hours so I guess I don't really HAVE to know

Anyway, if you can, hit me with a guild invite, I'd like to get in on some PVP and also jokes

@nominalindltd

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Snowy posted:

Anyone seen a good up to date magplar guide? This is the only one I’ve seen besides the one on page six of this thread and it’s been a little confusing http://deltiasgaming.com/eso-magic-templar-dps-build/

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&pagenumber=6&perpage=40#post465465565

Replace Dual Wield swords with Destruction Staff and you're golden.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Awesome thank you Ive been feeling like I must be loving up and missing leveling important abilities.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?
Just bought this game after playing the free trial for a bit and reasoning "Look, I paid $50 for Oblivion, this is a better deal than that." Currently working on ... an incompetent mess of a build with skills chosen just to look most like the character I've played over the last three TES games. Would appreciate a guild invite.

UserID Dorenkosh, PC/NA.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Deltia should really take down those old rear end guides

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Berke Negri posted:

Deltia should really stop playing this game

FTFY

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Actually that's the post I mentioned having read, but on the last page someone said it's out of date.

Do I really not need to work on any of the destruction staff spells? And should I be picking up all the class passives? I don't see any of those in there, not sure if any are a priority.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Snowy posted:

Actually that's the post I mentioned having read, but on the last page someone said it's out of date.

Do I really not need to work on any of the destruction staff spells? And should I be picking up all the class passives? I don't see any of those in there, not sure if any are a priority.

It is partially out of date, mainly on the fact that dual wield is still your go-to. For pure PvE you want destruction staff + resto staff, and you want to unlock as many of the destruction skills as you can.

And yeah I wrote that out with the implication that class passives should always be picked up.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Didn't he already quit quite publically? Or has he already returned because other stuff doesn't pull in the same amount of internet money?

regaldeacon
Dec 18, 2011
Checking this out for this week at least. In as regaldeacon if some goon could invite.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Scyantific posted:

It is partially out of date, mainly on the fact that dual wield is still your go-to. For pure PvE you want destruction staff + resto staff, and you want to unlock as many of the destruction skills as you can.

And yeah I wrote that out with the implication that class passives should always be picked up.

Cool thanks again sorry for the dumb questions

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I'm messing around with this via free week - what's a good class for dual wield? Stam Sorc in the OP looks kinda neat - is there a way to reallocate attributes? I rolled a Sorc and I'm level 10 or so but I've been putting all my points into magika. Is Dragon Knight any good with dual wield?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Oxyclean posted:

I'm messing around with this via free week - what's a good class for dual wield? Stam Sorc in the OP looks kinda neat - is there a way to reallocate attributes? I rolled a Sorc and I'm level 10 or so but I've been putting all my points into magika. Is Dragon Knight any good with dual wield?

For pure dw I'd say stamblade is the best (not the best class, from my limited experience I've seen magsorc completely pwning everything) - but you mentioned dw.

As for reallocation, you need to go to the 'capital' of your alliance (e.g. Mournhold for EP, Grahtwood for AD, and Stormhaven for DC) and go to the Shrine of Stuhn.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

JadaX posted:

For pure dw I'd say stamblade is the best (not the best class, from my limited experience I've seen magsorc completely pwning everything) - but you mentioned dw.

As for reallocation, you need to go to the 'capital' of your alliance (e.g. Mournhold for EP, Grahtwood for AD, and Stormhaven for DC) and go to the Shrine of Stuhn.

Not necessarily, you can respec at any of the capital cities now and there's also shrines in Vivec City.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Thinking of changing up my wonky bow/dual-wield stamsorc lizard main. I still need to complete most of the other factions' storylines and some of the DLC ones, so I'm thinking I can level skills doing that. Any suggestions for interesting stamsorc builds? For a long while my issue was survivability, but the few points I then put in health gives me trouble with resource management sometimes. It's not so bad when I remember food exists and/or have Luminous Shards thrown at me periodically, but it can be a bit of a problem with tougher content, especially after the resource changes. I use Dark Deal as an oh-poo poo-button and am currently equipped with Spriggan, Fire and Kra'gh (mask only).

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

JadaX posted:

Magsorc is good in pve? Might just stick with that - is there a guideline for new players? The one I see earlier on the page is a bit overwhelming / what weapons do I want?

JadaX
Nov 25, 2008

Scyantific posted:

Not necessarily, you can respec at any of the capital cities now and there's also shrines in Vivec City.
Thanks for clarifying, only started playing about a week ago so was going by my experience.

Oxyclean posted:

Magsorc is good in pve? Might just stick with that - is there a guideline for new players? The one I see earlier on the page is a bit overwhelming / what weapons do I want?
Most definitely. Soloing will be easy (for the most part). It's also a fun class to play as I've heard.

I don't know about end-game since I haven't reached there yet.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Randler posted:

Didn't he already quit quite publically? Or has he already returned because other stuff doesn't pull in the same amount of internet money?

He "retired" by doing a big video where he buried uh...an effigy of his templar or something in his backyard because "Morrowind killed the game" and then later clarified he was just retiring from streaming and still plays the game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

For new players:

If you plan on playing a Magicka based character your main focus for leveling skills is:
  • Class Skills (90% are Magicka based)
  • Light Armor
  • Destruction Staff
  • Restoration Staff
  • Heavy Armor
  • One Hand and Shield

The last two are really only if you plan on playing a tank setup or want to get into PvP

If you plan on playing a Stamina based character your main focus for leveling is:
  • Select Class Skills (based on Class, ask here or ingame)
  • Medium Armor
  • Dual Wield
  • Bow
  • Heavy Armor
  • Two Handed
  • One Hand and Shield
The last three only really apply if you want to get into PvP or want to do some tanking.

ALWAYS join the Fighters Guild, they have a passive that helps you increase combat effectiveness against Undead/Daedric creatures which make up a majority of the game's enemies.

If you are a mage, ALWAYS join the Mages Guild

For more specific class advice, ask here or in Discord/ingame.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Berke Negri posted:

because "Morrowind killed the game"

The gently caress?

How did Morrowind kill the game?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

It's hard to remember now but when Morrowind came out some people were very doom and gloom that warden was OP p2w and that sustain changes were going to make the game impossible to play

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Airspace posted:

The gently caress?

How did Morrowind kill the game?

When Morrowind patch notes hit the PTS, there was a significant overhaul of the Champion system that basically revamped it to be less about stacking into a few passives and instead spreading your points around. Couple this with the fact that certain aspects of the Templar were removed/reduced severely while the new Warden class received some of those passives, and several people, myself included, came to the conclusion that Templars got hit with these nerfs in order for people to buy MW for the Warden class.

While some people like myself went and pushed for ZOS to roll back some of the serious nerfs, idiots like Deltia began to cry about the game being dead, cue the infamous "templar burial video" and every sane person laughing their rear end off at his stupidity.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

SplitSoul posted:

Thinking of changing up my wonky bow/dual-wield stamsorc lizard main. I still need to complete most of the other factions' storylines and some of the DLC ones, so I'm thinking I can level skills doing that. Any suggestions for interesting stamsorc builds? For a long while my issue was survivability, but the few points I then put in health gives me trouble with resource management sometimes. It's not so bad when I remember food exists and/or have Luminous Shards thrown at me periodically, but it can be a bit of a problem with tougher content, especially after the resource changes. I use Dark Deal as an oh-poo poo-button and am currently equipped with Spriggan, Fire and Kra'gh (mask only).

You really shouldn't have survivability issues as stamsorc, critical surge heals you every crit hit which is a lot, sustain of stam is a different beast and you just need to weave in some heavy attacks instead of lights. Stamsorc/magsorc are 2 builds that have the highest survivability.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Coming back after three years. What is good build for a dual dagger nightblade?