Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ghosthotel
Dec 27, 2008

The only MRA outrage I recall about Wonder Woman was a bunch of them freaking out that a theater was doing a women-only screening for the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Ghosthotel posted:

The only MRA outrage I recall about Wonder Woman was a bunch of them freaking out that a theater was doing a women-only screening for the movie.

Didn't they respond saying they already had a men-only screening and posted the "Entourage" poster or something? Or was that a random twitter reply? Either way, I laughed.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

They're bringing back Sabrina the Teenage Witch? If Melissa Joan Hart isn't involved then #NotMySabrina

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

TV, not film, but here's your Boy Wonder:

https://twitter.com/io9/status/936745131805433856

Detective Dog Dick
Oct 21, 2008

Detective Dog Dick
Found a better picture:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Holy loving lol. “Dick” Grayson is right.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Al Borland Corp. posted:

She only noticed lex absence after she drinks the piss

:discourse:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Gorn Myson posted:

They're bringing back Sabrina the Teenage Witch? If Melissa Joan Hart isn't involved then #NotMySabrina

It really is not your mom's Sabrina, since it's based on the new comic books.

Maybe :nws: : https://i.imgur.com/uxGrOri.jpg

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Harvey(?) lookin pretty self assured there considering what's going on in front of him

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

https://twitter.com/pattyjenks/status/936447455515762690

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I can imagine Trump watching the Senator grill Superman during that hearing and then spotting the piss jar and wondering why he wasn't invited to the party.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Make WW's love interest a Palestinian woman.

:unsmigghh:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

it's gonna be her still pining over Steve Trevor, obvi. He's on contract for a couple more movies. I think it would be silly to try and include a real love interest in there.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

DC Murderverse posted:

it's gonna be her still pining over Steve Trevor, obvi. He's on contract for a couple more movies. I think it would be silly to try and include a real love interest in there.

Steve gets cloned back to life as Evil Steve

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

MonsieurChoc posted:

Make WW's love interest a Palestinian woman.

:unsmigghh:
Diana helps the mujahideen fight the Soviets in Afghanistan.

Steve Yun posted:

Diana: Steve! You’re alive! But how?

Steve: I feel itchy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Steve Yun posted:

Steeve Trevor

Also Teen Steve, Cyborg Steve, and Black Steve.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Rough Lobster posted:

I can imagine Trump watching the Senator grill Superman during that hearing and then spotting the piss jar and wondering why he wasn't invited to the party.

haha

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

The MSJ posted:

Steeve Trevor

Also Teen Steve, Cyborg Steve, and Black Steve.

Stefan Trevoir, which is cool version of Steve Trevor after he drinks Boss Sauce

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
:lol:

quote:

According to social analytics firm Fizziology, the film's trailer drew more mentions on Twitter in the seven hour period after it went live than any film since the company began tracking in 2010.

In fact, Captain America's beard alone garnered more mentions than 72% of all trailers released since 2010.

Infinity War netted 1,147,438 mentions in its first seven hour stretch, compared to just 210,858 for Avengers: Age Of Ultron.

Avengers: Infinity War also topped Star Wars: The Last Jedi, with its 784,360 mentions.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Cant wait for the Director's Cuts version of JL that digitally inserts a full beard on all of Cavill's scenes :v:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/936774424111431680

Is Ayer still attached to any of those films spun from Suicide Squad?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ghosthotel posted:

Jimbot posted:

Didn't they respond saying they already had a men-only screening and posted the "Entourage" poster or something? Or was that a random twitter reply? Either way, I laughed.

Also when It came out the MRAs went "Oh I guess you're going to have clown-only screenings now?" and the cinema went "Okay, sure!" :v:
http://gothamist.com/2017/09/10/photos_from_the_clowns-only_it_scre.php#photo-1

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

He was announced as director for Gotham City Sirens
https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/status/808859034463764484

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Rightm I had forgotten about that.

I got confused since his tweet read like he was done with WB or something.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Neurolimal posted:

Cant wait for the Director's Cuts version of JL that digitally inserts a full beard on all of Cavill's scenes :v:

you say that like it would somehow be a bad thing

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Serf posted:

you say that like it would somehow be a bad thing

We already know it'd be a good thing because he already had a beard in MoS and it was good

https://i.imgur.com/uRLwFpw.gifv

Electromax
May 6, 2007
If his beard grew in the coffin, so did his hair :colbert:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Electromax posted:

If his beard grew in the coffin, so did his hair :colbert:

His chest wound obviously healed in the coffin so it's not like his metabolism was completely shut down, there's absolutely no reason his hair & beard couldn't have grown

Edit: wait, do we blame Snyder or Whedon or studio meddling for this?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I love that man.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

His chest wound obviously healed in the coffin so it's not like his metabolism was completely shut down, there's absolutely no reason his hair & beard couldn't have grown

I'm putting that one squarely on the studios shoulders. "He had a beard in MoS and that didn't make a billion, so keep him clean cut like audiences expect!" - production note #1938

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm late but Wonder Woman's love interest in a future movie should be Palestinian

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

What about all those times he said he hosed up the movie lol

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
He was literally throwing shade a few months ago to promote Bright, Ayer is great, just zero fucks given.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

grieving for Gandalf posted:

I'm late but Wonder Woman's love interest in a future movie should be Palestinian

Someone already made that joke. You lose.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I don't think we ever see him shirtless do we? I assume they sewed him up for the funeral at least

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I don't think we ever see him shirtless do we? I assume they sewed him up for the funeral at least

When he comes back? His whole fight against the League is shirtless.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Oh yeah of course it was

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Al Borland Corp. posted:

I think he's shirtless when they submerge him in the goo in the kryptonian ship before resurrecting him but I might be remembering wrong

Edit: I was wrong, he was still in the suit when Aquaman dumped him in the goo, he was shirtless after smashing up through the ceiling of the ship

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Dec 2, 2017

Xander B Coolridge
Sep 2, 2011
Is there some concise effortpost detailing what makes any of the Snyder films good? I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around why anyone sees the as anything but a giant mess. I'm not looking to be convinced, but I am genuinely curious as to what people see in them.

Willing to accept SMG deconstructionist nonsense

E: I mostly like the Marvel movies but dang that Infinity War trailer was bad.

Xander B Coolridge fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Xander B Coolridge posted:

Is there some concise effortpost detailing what makes any of the Snyder films good? I am having a really hard time wrapping my head around why anyone sees the as anything but a giant mess. I'm not looking to be convinced, but I am genuinely curious as to what people see in them.

Willing to accept SMG deconstructionist nonsense

E: I mostly like the Marvel movies but dang that Infinity War trailer was bad.

What do you mean exactly by Snyder film

Do you mean just his DC work, his comic book work in general, or his expanded filmography

• Locked thread