Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Play posted:

I'm guessing this is your way of trying to claim that you have a big penis

I mean, it's average I'd say. I'm just pretty comfortable with myself and find it fascinating how uncomfortable my fellow Americans are with themselves.

Also, Ty Montgomery is on IR for a wrist injury which was previously unknown. Weeeeeeeeeee.

Boon fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Boon posted:

Also, Ty Montgomery is on IR for a wrist injury which was previously unknown. Weeeeeeeeeee.

jones should be able to come back soon, right?

I worry about Ty, since he seems like the kind of guy who will not really be able to catch on with another team if his career in GB falls through.

never really broke through as a receiver, and I doubt other teams believe in him as an RB.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Yaws posted:

I don't want to get too excited about the Vikings Super Bowl prospects. I've been rooting for this team my whole life. I know how this is going to end. I don't know if I'll be able to handle getting beat by the Patriots in the SB. I don't want the Vikings to tie the Broncos for Super Bowl losses.

That said I'm glad we're good this season.

We're not going to the super bowl you dumb rear end. Just worry about not gagging out in the divisional matchup.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I Believe In Case Keenum but please re-sign Teddy

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I don't think Sam is coming back but I think they'll sign both Teddy and Case. I really wouldn't be surprised if the Vikings drafted a QB somewhere in the first three rounds as well. The defensive starters are pretty much set except at DT. They'll need to restock the O-line and look at general depth but in a QB heavy draft why not take someone and let them sit for a bit?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
they’ll definitely take a QB but there’s no way the can re-sign both Teddy and Case. they’re each in line to get a Glennon-type deal at minimum plus the Vikings are high on Kyle Sloter as another young backup. My hope is the depth chart is Teddy-Sloter-Draft Pick.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I think the Vikings are a top 3 team in the league and should be a SB favorite with the Eagles and Pats.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

nerve posted:

I think the Vikings are a top 3 team in the league and should be a SB favorite with the Eagles and Pats.

After what their defense did to the Rams, I'm inclined to agree.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

Counterpoint: to even suggest the Vikings will make the super bowl means they will find the most humiliating way ever to crumple under those expectations.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Fenrir posted:

After what their defense did to the Rams, I'm inclined to agree.

like, not smugly, :monocle:

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BUG JUG posted:

Counterpoint: to even suggest the Vikings will make the super bowl means they will find the most humiliating way ever to crumple under those expectations.

That's right

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
We are currently the third best team atm. That's about as high as we're going this year.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Go li on

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

BUG JUG posted:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Vikings choking in the Super Bowl in their own stadium would be peak Vikings.

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
Vikings going to the superbowl that they're hosting and losing by a Forbath missed xp, after leading for 3 quarters, would be the most vikings thing to happen it's sad that it won't.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Zygi Wilf executed with boiling oil after the game by the winning team.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Pontiac Silverdome has survived an implosion attempt

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Henchman of Santa posted:

Just remind it that its December in Detroit, that will handle the rest.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Henchman of Santa posted:

Much like the Lions of today, it's still alive in spite of its own best efforts.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/_RomeRichh/status/937324860107313152

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Similar to Fox challenging himself out of a TD and into turning the ball over, this play deserves to be immortalized in NFC North lore

https://twitter.com/Ryan_POD/status/937417871331905536

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm pretty sure Stafford just broke his wrist

:rip:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sorry we broke stafford, guys

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
At least we got those playoff hopes out of the way early.

Man I hope we pick up a good defensive end in the draft.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr
I did not think this coaching staff had the ability to properly develop Trubisky. Now I am becoming increasingly worried that are actively harming his future develop. Frankly, he looks more inconsistent now than he did in preseason. The offense only managed 7 points against a terrible 49ers team. Today's performance was atrocious.

I don't think the Bears will lose to the Browns, but I wouldn't bet on them winning.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

This is my Hot Take About The Lions: We're in what, year 2 of General Manager Bob Quinn? Since they ditched Lombardi and then Mayhew, I think the Lions have slowly, bit by bit, gotten better. There's still the ridiculous unforced errors here and there and I don't know enough about football to say if that's down to talent or scheme. I think there's a ton of holes on the defense and Ameer Abdullah is, uh, not the answer at RB, but this team is still on balance, trending upwards and there's a lot more to be hopeful for than there was with, for example, Schwartz and Mayhew.

I don't wanna sound like I'm settling for mediocrity, but. They've beaten the teams they should be beating this year, in my estimation and some of those wins fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, but they're still wins. If they lose a bunch of these super winnable games down the stretch and wind up like 8-8 or 7-9, then yeah, I'll be pissed but for now I'm just kinda. I dunno. Trying to give Quinn and Caldwell the benefit of the doubt.

Basically, I kinda like Caldwell and Schwartz was a nightmare and I don't wanna go back to how terrible things were under him.

lmao get a load of this idiot

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Bears had 8 first downs. I think that's the third game below 10. unreal

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Ryan Pace really has improved this team.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

VJeff posted:

This is my Hot Take About The Lions: We're in what, year 2 of General Manager Bob Quinn? Since they ditched Lombardi and then Mayhew, I think the Lions have slowly, bit by bit, gotten better. There's still the ridiculous unforced errors here and there and I don't know enough about football to say if that's down to talent or scheme. I think there's a ton of holes on the defense and Ameer Abdullah is, uh, not the answer at RB, but this team is still on balance, trending upwards and there's a lot more to be hopeful for than there was with, for example, Schwartz and Mayhew.

I don't wanna sound like I'm settling for mediocrity, but. They've beaten the teams they should be beating this year, in my estimation and some of those wins fell down the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, but they're still wins. If they lose a bunch of these super winnable games down the stretch and wind up like 8-8 or 7-9, then yeah, I'll be pissed but for now I'm just kinda. I dunno. Trying to give Quinn and Caldwell the benefit of the doubt.

Basically, I kinda like Caldwell and Schwartz was a nightmare and I don't wanna go back to how terrible things were under him.

Hope is a lie

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

10-2 in a year I thought our ceiling might be 9 wins, good job. plus with games against the packers (lol) and bears (lolol) left? lookin like 12-4 at the worst. so that means....*spins wheel* theilen busted for PEDs by this time next week.

fishing with the fam
Feb 29, 2008

Durr

Niwrad posted:

Ryan Pace really has improved this team.

I'm not too bothered by what he has done with the roster, but I am really annoyed that he went all in on Trubisky but kept this woefully unprepared coaching staff in place. They are clearly not prepared to develop a young QB.

Edit: To be more clear, I am okay with what Pace has done on the defensive side of the ball. He has clearly failed on the offensive side though.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

BUG JUG posted:

10-2 in a year I thought our ceiling might be 9 wins, good job. plus with games against the packers (lol) and bears (lolol) left? lookin like 12-4 at the worst. so that means....*spins wheel* theilen busted for PEDs by this time next week.

Rodgers will be playing by Week 16.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

LOL the Lions.

Because of course.

Good job stopping the worst offense in the league today, Teryl Austin & Pals.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

carry on then posted:

Rodgers will be playing by Week 16.

yeah ok

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

lmao robbie gould scored every point

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Yeah gently caress it blow it up

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
The Packers have two running backs who have played really really well without Rodgers. Highlight of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah gently caress it blow it up

Make sure it actually falls over though.

• Locked thread