Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

Mahoning posted:

Harbaugh hasn’t won a conference title since he won the Pioneer League in 2006.

Does winning the NFC count?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

wa27 posted:

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe. Catch a nega-tiger by it's toe.

I know what you did there and it is horrible and I hate you for bringing that out of my childhood memories

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Sab0921 posted:

Does winning the NFC count?

No, Harbaugh is actually a bad coach and also autistic and a dick. At least until his godzilla upper classman filled team is unleashed next year and then everyone pretends they always thought he was good.

Dantonio should definitely be on the list though, he's a million times better coach than Franklin. PSU better hope this guy replacing Joe Moorhead is good

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

MourningView posted:

Agreed. And most of the reports I’ve seen seem to suggest that they’ll probably promote Grinch so I think they probably agree too. Do that and then hire I dunno *googles North Texas offensive coordinator* oh hey Graham Harrell, perfect

Is there a Mike Leach Texas Tech QB who isn’t a college coach somewhere yet?

BJ Symons works in investment banking. I think he was an oil landman for a while. Cody Hodges is a motivational speaker. Taylor Potts went back to school to be a doctor.

Flyin Jim Elbows
Jul 10, 2008

College Slice

Thanks Daryl!

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Feed the orange dog

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Marquis de Pyro posted:

No, Harbaugh is actually a bad coach and also autistic and a dick.

Two of theses are true

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/936986067517034501

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/936986563472392192

https://twitter.com/edsbs/status/936987101287108609

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Come on A&M, you finally do something good and then immediately swing way past the fences on the guaranteed money.

They should know by now that no matter the coach, their spot usually ends up being right in the middle of the pack. It's voodoo

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

MourningView posted:

Two of theses are true

Yeah, I don't think he is actually autistic.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

buddhanc posted:

Come on A&M, you finally do something good and then immediately swing way past the fences on the guaranteed money.

They should know by now that no matter the coach, their spot usually ends up being right in the middle of the pack. It's voodoo

Saban is still around, Georgia is rising, Da Coach O can ruin days, Florida may come back under Mullen, a contented and comfortable Jimbo may be 9-3/10-2

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I have yet to see a reason to be scared of Coach O in his head coaching career

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

what if he is shirtless and fighting you

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MourningView posted:

Have you ever been standing between him and gumbo?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I meant in terms of beating me in a football game but that’s true that I am scared of him in a more general sense

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

MourningView posted:

I don't think he is a great coach, but they beat Auburn this year, so may be able to keep doing one funny thing per year

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern has had the same coordinators since 2008, for better or worse (worse in the case of mick mccall, imo) this has to be the most stable coaching situation in the FBS

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
So Jimbo only asked 3 coaches to come with him to A&M. Odell Haggins (he's interim head coach today), Jay Graham, and Tim Brewster.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern has had the same coordinators since 2008, for better or worse (worse in the case of mick mccall, imo) this has to be the most stable coaching situation in the FBS

I suppose technically but mostly because our DC died and we had to reshuffle.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

So Jimbo only asked 3 coaches to come with him to A&M. Odell Haggins (he's interim head coach today), Jay Graham, and Tim Brewster.

Wait, so he's going to make staffing changes after staffing changes were too much to ask in Tally?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

Wait, so he's going to make staffing changes after staffing changes were too much to ask in Tally?

There was going to be a big staff shakeup after this season. I read 6 to 7 guys were going to be fired. But several guys should've been gone years ago.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

wandler20 posted:

There was going to be a big staff shakeup after this season. I read 6 to 7 guys were going to be fired. But several guys should've been gone years ago.

I can't stifle my vomit long enough to read about FSU in-depth, but I thought the lack of changes were a major cause of the strife between Jimbo and the athletic department?

Maybe I misunderstood.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I'll give Fulmer credit, he's managed to put the kibosh on the twitter leak/rumor mongering of the coach search

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Blue Raider posted:

I'll give Fulmer credit, he's managed to put the kibosh on the twitter leak/rumor mongering of the coach search

Probably because he was the one doing all the leaking.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Blue Raider posted:

Unfortunately.

Mr. World posted:

Probably because he was the one doing all the leaking.

Also this.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

LeeMajors posted:

I can't stifle my vomit long enough to read about FSU in-depth, but I thought the lack of changes were a major cause of the strife between Jimbo and the athletic department?

Maybe I misunderstood.

Jay Graham is the dude who had us super prepared on special teams against Alabama. Tim Brewster owns but some hear that UF is courting him hard. Odell owns and I hope he stays but scuttlebutt is he's leaving to TAMU :(

Like, Jimbo's "beef" with FSU was that our boosters are separate from the university, and he couldn't have instant money for investments at a whim - we need time to raise funds. Though we're a "blue blood," our booster network is still pretty nascent, we must invest in long term revenue generators.

Texans spend their dumb oil money like desperate idiots so here we are

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 2, 2017

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Reading Tim Brewster's name makes me miss Gendo

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, it's confirmed Bobby was a better coach than Jimbo. :colbert:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brucefeldmancfb/status/937027775080423425

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Chump Farts posted:

Saban is still around, Georgia is rising, Da Coach O can ruin days, Florida may come back under Mullen, a contented and comfortable Jimbo may be 9-3/10-2

Which is well above program average and would 100% be a positive return on the investment.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Randaconda posted:

So, it's confirmed Bobby was a better coach than Jimbo. :colbert:

i didnt realize this was in contention

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

MourningView posted:

I suppose technically but mostly because our DC died and we had to reshuffle.

we've had three OCs in that time though. Granted one of them is now our QB coach and the current one is the coach's son but we also had that dark period where Greg Davis was in charge of our offense

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DC Murderverse posted:

we've had three OCs in that time though. Granted one of them is now our QB coach and the current one is the coach's son but we also had that dark period where Greg Davis was in charge of our offense

yeah the two changes are pretty much Norm dying and causing some turnover on defense and Kirk trying to set Brian up as the next coach. I think Phil is the only one who has been there the whole time (Reese Morgan joined the staff in year 2 I think) but it’s still been a really low level of turnover for 17 years.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Dec 2, 2017

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

General Dog posted:

Which is well above program average and would 100% be a positive return on the investment.

I mean, I think a lot of fanbases would be happy with that, and Sumlin has had some years under that, but is your AD serious or just blowing smoke about natties or bust?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Watching UCF went from a thing I really enjoyed to a thing that filled me with dread really fast

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Reading Tim Brewster's name makes me miss Gendo

Me too! Wonder how he's doing.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Chump Farts posted:

I mean, I think a lot of fanbases would be happy with that, and Sumlin has had some years under that, but is your AD serious or just blowing smoke about natties or bust?

Yeah, obviously. An AD at isn't going to say, "we expect to raise the bar by 1.5-2 wins per year over our historical benchmark."

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

MourningView posted:

Watching UCF went from a thing I really enjoyed to a thing that filled me with dread really fast

Memphis has scored 48 points so far, so....

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/Brett_McMurphy/status/937054754340995073

https://twitter.com/darrenrovell/status/937055805504983041

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Scott Frost will be my hero if he stays at UCF

because then Nebraska will have to go find someone else