Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

Posture Pal posted:

https://twitter.com/TDARaginCajuns/status/937368078614220800

Kinda surprised he didn't go sooner after the academic fraud mess a few years ago.

The answer to "why doesn't 'hot G5 coach' stay at his current program and wait for a bigger job to open?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I’m wondering if any of the mid majors will be looking at Mike Houston. He turned around a historically abysmal Citadel football program and won a Natty with JMU, so I would be surprised if he gets attention. I really hope not, though, because he’s been a perfect fit for us.

Happy that Sumlin might be headed to UCF. I’m sure he’ll be successful there with the added bonus that he will be dealing with a supportive fanbase. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned it down for the chance to get a P5 job, though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Cnidario posted:

I’m wondering if any of the mid majors will be looking at Mike Houston. He turned around a historically abysmal Citadel football program and won a Natty with JMU, so I would be surprised if he gets attention. I really hope not, though, because he’s been a perfect fit for us.

Happy that Sumlin might be headed to UCF. I’m sure he’ll be successful there with the added bonus that he will be dealing with a supportive fanbase. I wouldn’t be surprised if he turned it down for the chance to get a P5 job, though.

It would be stupid if Houston wasn't in the FBS next year. JMU is the clearcut powerhouse of FCS football right now.

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Duckaerobics posted:

So there's a report saying Arkansas is going to offer Gus 7.1 Million a year to come be there. If that 's true I could see him taking it, because Auburn is not going to match that. Also coaching salaries really getting crazy if that's true. How is any coach worth 7 million a year?

Coaching salaries are crazy and the kids get nothing like their market value. I think that more than the number per year, the seven year contract is attractive. I'm not sure that Auburn is willing to guarantee that kind of stability. For Arkansas, I think it is a good move. I think that he is one of the best coaches out there and could at least keep us in the middle of the SEC pack rather than the bottom where we've been the last six years.

That said, I don't know what motivates him. Money? Stability? Arkansas both gave him his break into the college game and mistreated him during that first year. I'd be happy with others if he sticks with Auburn but would love to see him back. That would probably bring Horton who we've all missed.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
:)

E: The "T" is for tenacity. Sure, tenacity

Q: "How will you modify your system for the B1G?"

Frost: "I hope the B1G will have to modify their systems for us" :getin:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Real Name Grover fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Dec 3, 2017

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

an adult beverage posted:

You are from Gainesville but went to FSU?

He's touring all the shittiest parts of FL.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Watching Frost's press conference has me beyond hyped for next year.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
Let me also say I respect the poo poo out of a man who, despite being in good shape, doesn't button the top button of a dress shirt

Cabrini-Green Tea
Aug 20, 2009

wheel in the sky keeps on turnin'

Real Name Grover posted:

:)

E: The "T" is for tenacity. Sure, tenacity

Q: "How will you modify your system for the B1G?"

Frost: "I hope the B1G will have to modify their systems for us" :getin:

loving owns. It’s weird feeling optimistic about Nebraska football for once

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/brentzwerneman/status/937386757993172992

:chloe:

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Crotch Bat posted:

It would be stupid if Houston wasn't in the FBS next year. JMU is the clearcut powerhouse of FCS football right now.

I think the only situation in which Houston stays is if we decide to go FBS. When Withers was our HC, he and the admin were adamant that JMU would remain. With the success JMU is experiencing now, it may be more likely that we get into the Fun Belt. I doubt CUSA will take us, but that would be ideal since Harrisonburg is closer to Marshall than any of the Sun belt teams.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

I’m the out of tune trombone section

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

What a douche.

Relentlessboredomm posted:

another forums poster that's gonna taste my blade

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

This fuckin' program

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

Everyone can agree that no program’s weirder than Aggie.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Sent from my iPad posted:

A separate scoreboard built for the dog graveyard

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

You are from Gainesville but went to FSU?

Bradford county.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Why do I find this so hilarious?

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

Sent from my iPad posted:

I won’t disagree with you on that

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Why do I find this so hilarious?

Aggies

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

What a bunch of loving goofballs.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

You know Jimbo is walking out thinking “what the gently caress have i gotten myself into.”

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Perpetual reminder:

A&M is rear end.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Relentlessboredomm posted:

So...all of the state?

No hero worship here

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Anything having to do with Aggie gives me a severe case of the douche chills.

BUG JUG
Feb 17, 2005

this is literally what you see from small banana republic dictatorships so....fits with the aggie mentality.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have no dog in the fight when it comes to the B1G but I really hope Nebraska makes it back to the upper level.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Anything having to do with Aggie gives me a severe case of the douche chills.

I’m gonna start using douche chills. That’s fantastic

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Hustlin Floh posted:

I have no dog in the fight when it comes to the B1G but I really hope Nebraska makes it back to the upper level.

Gross

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Hahahahhahaha

Hahhahahahahhahahahhahahahahah

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Dear Leader should've arrived on a gold-leaf and RealTree Polaris 4-wheeler

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

All of Aggie-dom is homeschooled

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

80 million guaranteed is a bargain for putting up with this poo poo.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

That moment when you realize that you have made a terrible mistake.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

pillsburysoldier posted:

Aggies are just reflective of the state of suburban Houston and Dallas - it's weird out there.

Cnidario
Mar 22, 2013

pillsburysoldier posted:

Nah, you’re mistaking us for Liberty

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Do the regents/university own that Gulfstream or does some donor let them use it in exchange for the paint job? That's pretty cool.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

I mean I want Gus to stay but I'm not giving him $7m. You don't get $7m long term when you're capable of looking as stupid as he does on a regular basis.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

For any of y'all who are just chilling with nothing going on today, could do worse than to throw the Scott Frost presser on and watch it in the background or something. I haven't felt this positive about the state of the program since 2001 or thereabouts

https://youtu.be/aud75TLhBYc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Should have had Reveille there and made Jimbo bend the knee.

• Locked thread