Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Diqnol posted:

E: I do feel like the defense didn’t show up to play. Could be Russell Wilson matches up well against the wide 9.

Russell Wilson's (and by extension the Seahawks) strategy of "run around until a defensive penalty gets called or someone is inexplicably open" is not sustainable by anyone else

Doug getting conservative in a big game worries me as a precedent for big games going forward, but that's all.

Lots of missed opportunities and blown calls made the game more lopsided than it actually was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Diqnol posted:

I’m not. We didn’t poo poo ourselves. The touchback was a 14 point swing. The forward lateral was a 7 point swing. Not going for it on 4th and short means a lot of opportunities left on the field, too. Did you watch the game? Wentz looked great, Ajayi looked great, Agholor looked great and the other WRs looked meh. - not bad. The biggest cause for concern is indeed Pederson but we have seen him call much better games before. I’m not worried until I’m consistently mad at him.

E: I do feel like the defense didn’t show up to play. Could be Russell Wilson matches up well against the wide 9.

The D did its job for almost 3 quarters, the offense just layed a duck last night, the over throw to Agholor in the first Q, the fumble, the miss on 4th & 3 in the 3rd/4th.

We are not even close to meltdown, its a blip, every team has them, going 1 loss in a season is so loving difficult it was never really a reality. We are still tied for the No. 1 seed. Also none of this means poo poo until the playoffs anyway.

I think Doug tried being conservative last night as he may have thought the Hawks were not going to be as explosive. I doubt he does that next week in LA.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Also all this said, that game was loving excruciating to watch, in particular because of the constant stream of small miscues that just killed anything the Eagles ever tried to get going. For most of the game it seemed like every positive play on either side of the ball would be inevitably negated by a penalty (and that one terrible, terrible fumble which I still swear his elbow was on the turf before it came out).

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

grah posted:

Also all this said, that game was loving excruciating to watch, in particular because of the constant stream of small miscues that just killed anything the Eagles ever tried to get going. For most of the game it seemed like every positive play on either side of the ball would be inevitably negated by a penalty (and that one terrible, terrible fumble which I still swear his elbow was on the turf before it came out).

Yeah there were a poo poo tonne of penalties on the D that extended drives.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm Glad The Eagles Lost

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eagles cooked

I'll be happy with a playoff appearance I guess

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Eagles cooked

I'll be happy with a playoff appearance I guess

We aren't making the playoffs. We are losing out to end the season. It Is Known.

@Rams - Rams are actually a good team and the Eagles are poo poo, we lose
@NYG - Giants fire McAdoo this week or next. A non-poo poo coach beats us
Raiders - Raiders are fighting for their playoff lives and we poo poo the bed
Cowboys - Cowboys humiliate us and everyone on the team dies

10-6 and out of the playoffs Is Real

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Zeke is back right for week 17?

Best case they limp into a first week home playoff game at 11-5

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

euphronius posted:

Zeke is back right for week 17?

Best case they limp into a first week home playoff game at 11-5

Yes.

Best case? There is no best case. We are absolute dogshit and everyone sucks.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Eagles suck.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm just happy that Nelson Snagholor is going to win Most Improved Player award

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

Yes.

Best case? There is no best case. We are absolute dogshit and everyone sucks.

I dont know if this is your coping mechanism but you are on EDP levels of stupidity here.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

I dont know if this is your coping mechanism but you are on EDP levels of stupidity here.

it is. can't get upset about the eagles if i have no expectations for them :smith:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

axeil posted:

it is. can't get upset about the eagles if i have no expectations for them :smith:

Ah ok thats fine then.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

CyberPingu posted:

It’s the only way to react for a True Philadelphia Fan ™

Team is garbage. Fire everyone. Blow it up and start over.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Trade Wentz for a second?

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly
What a loving horror show that was, I loving hate playing against Wilson, HATE IT. Easily one of Wentz's worst games and definitely his worst this season. Not buying the doom and gloom just yet, just write last night off and move on to the Rams.

Feel like a burst couch today, that game finished at 4.30am here and I had to get up at 6 for work, I told myself it was worth feeling like poo poo the next day if I stayed up to watch a big win on the road, well that never quite worked out. I thank god this Rams game wasn't flexed to SNF.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

El Patron posted:

What a loving horror show that was, I loving hate playing against Wilson, HATE IT. Easily one of Wentz's worst games and definitely his worst this season. Not buying the doom and gloom just yet, just write last night off and move on to the Rams.

Feel like a burst couch today, that game finished at 4.30am here and I had to get up at 6 for work, I told myself it was worth feeling like poo poo the next day if I stayed up to watch a big win on the road, well that never quite worked out. I thank god this Rams game wasn't flexed to SNF.

I got up at 6 to watch it, went for a shower during half time. I cant be arsed staying up anymore and it means i can skip through all the adverts, finished watching the game by 8.15

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

CyberPingu posted:

I got up at 6 to watch it, went for a shower during half time. I cant be arsed staying up anymore and it means i can skip through all the adverts, finished watching the game by 8.15

At least the next late game is against the Raiders on Christmas night, I don't mind staying up for that one.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

El Patron posted:

At least the next late game is against the Raiders on Christmas night, I don't mind staying up for that one.

Depending on if we have locked up the division by then that might be moved out.

Oh its a monday night. Nvm then

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Eagles just realised that 15-1 is a cursed record and dropped a game to avoid that.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Eagles just realised that 15-1 is a cursed record and dropped a game to avoid that.

It is? Examples?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
98 Vikings

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
2015 Panthers too

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wentz is bad he has no pocket presence no touch and lacks the composure to win big games. The soft schedule inflated philis record they will lose the first playoff game played

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss

axeil posted:

It is? Examples?

Of the 6 NFL teams to finish a season with at least 15 wins (including the 16-0 Patriots), only the '85 Bears won the Superbowl. Half of them did not make it to a Superbowl at all. The Packers in 2011 lost to the Giants at home to finish 15-2. The 98 Vikings and 2004 Steelers each lost in the Conference game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Packers in the last decade too. Wanna say it was 2011 or 2012?

E:fb

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Congrats Giants fans, your long nightmare is finally over. McAdoo and Jerry Reese fired.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

grah posted:

Of the 6 NFL teams to finish a season with at least 15 wins (including the 16-0 Patriots), only the '85 Bears won the Superbowl. Half of them did not make it to a Superbowl at all. The Packers in 2011 lost to the Giants at home to finish 15-2. The 98 Vikings and 2004 Steelers each lost in the Conference game.

1984 49ers were 15-1 and won the Super Bowl.

Also thank god gently caress McAdoo and Reese was a few years overdue.

grah
Jul 26, 2007
brainsss
Oh, yes you're right, I missed that completely.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

grah posted:

Also all this said, that game was loving excruciating to watch

The GDT was more excruciating than the game. The constant complaining about officiating and end times drama from Eagles fans was loving embarrassing.

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/937742991967563777

Ah poo poo, Eli is going to play his vengeance out against the Cowboys

nah
Mar 16, 2009

someone had the theory that McAdoo wanted to get fired so he benched Eli and it's starting to make sense

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Now he gets a paid Christmas vacation!

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Tom Sellout posted:

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/937742991967563777

Ah poo poo, Eli is going to play his vengeance out against the Cowboys

The upside is that every win the Giants notch kills their chances of a top 5 pick

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

NotWearingPants posted:

The GDT was more excruciating than the game. The constant complaining about officiating and end times drama from Eagles fans was loving embarrassing.

Needed you guys to win that one but seeing the meltdowns made it worth it

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I’m looking forward to the Rams game. Should be a more legit game.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Am I the only one not totally down after last night? There were some problems sure but I don't see this as indicative of some sudden crash. Doug got really shy with playcalling and they just did not have an answer for Russel Wilson Bullshit. The former isn't necessarily likely to continue and the latter is only a problem if they meet the Hawks in the playoffs.

The rest of it was fluky poo poo. The phantom DPI on Darby early on and the Wentz fumble touchback were both huge and not the kind of things you can plan for.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Quiet Feet posted:

Am I the only one not totally down after last night? There were some problems sure but I don't see this as indicative of some sudden crash. Doug got really shy with playcalling and they just did not have an answer for Russel Wilson Bullshit. The former isn't necessarily likely to continue and the latter is only a problem if they meet the Hawks in the playoffs.

The rest of it was fluky poo poo. The phantom DPI on Darby early on and the Wentz fumble touchback were both huge and not the kind of things you can plan for.

Read my posts on this page alone brother. Eagles are the team we thought they were last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Diqnol posted:

I’m looking forward to the Rams game. Should be a more legit game.

I bet they have a much better chance of winning it now. I doubt chilling in California for a week after going 11-1 would have created much of a sense of urgency.

• Locked thread