Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Once you have kids you'll thank the goddamn lord for ABC2

:ocelot:

iView finally added the ability to autoplay. That means Duggee now gets me 7+7+7... minutes of time to cook dinner without harrassment rather than just 7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wooooof

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Ok squirrels it's time to get your "don't have an arial? I don't even have electricity" badges

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

G-Spot Run posted:

Ok squirrels it's time to get your "don't have an arial? I don't even have electricity" badges

:hfive:

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Once you have kids you'll thank the goddamn lord for ABC2

http://iview.abc.net.au/channel/abc4kids ?

ili
Jul 26, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

iView finally added the ability to autoplay. That means Duggee now gets me 7+7+7... minutes of time to cook dinner without harrassment rather than just 7.

This is amazing.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

How loving good is Andy's Prehistoric Adventures?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

G-Spot Run posted:

I don't have the internet but my bionic arm picks up the signals juuust right

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I've been using my PC and HDMI cable to the TV for years.

I only watch the 6 on clock news when something particularly interesting happens

Like an election and Antony Green is vibrating about swings

Or a leadership spill with a sweating Joe Hockey on the panel.

TV is only good for watching politics explode.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The best use for TVs is as props for staged YouTube videos where an angry dad/whatever smashes a console & TV with a sledgehammer.

Or for getting knocked over by someone with a Wii-something or VR-something.

Eediot Jedi
Dec 25, 2007

This is where I begin to speculate what being a
man of my word costs me

The tv is for avoiding small talk with unwanted guests you can't yet kick out.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I use my tv all the time, just almost never to watch tv. What’s the channel that plays 24/7 US renovation reality shows?

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
The tv is for yelling at when your footy team is playing like poo poo.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Zenithe posted:

I use my tv all the time, just almost never to watch tv. What’s the channel that plays 24/7 US renovation reality shows?

I'm pretty sure that's in, like, the 600-range of Foxtel channels.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-

Krabboss
Nov 11, 2016

MY HUSBAND'S PARSE IS BETTER THAN YOURS
Free to air tv is garbage and Foxtel was necessary until internet speeds and data caps matured enough to watch content online.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Amazon Australia's opened up. On the one hand, it'll be a shame to see a massive multinational price local retailers out of business. On the other hand, I walked into a shop for a new computer part to be told they wouldn't sell it to me unless I bought it with an expensive part I don't need, so that mob specifically can get stuffed

e: hell yeah i'll wish an entire workforce suffers because one dip in charge of one store tried to rip me off

bandaid.friend fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Dec 4, 2017

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-12-04/citizenship-register:-every-citizenship-by-australias-senators/9223264

I think Pat Dodson hasn't got much to worry about, but good on him for being cautious.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Anidav posted:

I've been using my PC and HDMI cable to the TV for years.

That's what plex was invented for

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Knobb Manwich posted:

The tv is for avoiding small talk with unwanted guests you can't yet kick out.

Yeah mate we've been talking about abc kids for a while now, read the thread

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

bigis posted:

How loving good is Andy's Prehistoric Adventures?

Nah, it's just a big old waste of time.

Time... that's it!

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

So is our media still giving Milo whateveropalos free attention? A friend of mine is sharing screenshots of people saying "the left" hate free speech or whatever so something must have happened.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
the cops beat the poo poo out of a bunch of racists and counter protesters in front of one of his gigs

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lol toll holdings

is his parliment house event still going on

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
A majority of Australians polled in the latest Guardian Essential survey said a leadership change within the Liberal party would make no difference to their vote at the next federal election.

Asked whether a leadership change would make them more or less likely to vote for the Liberal party, 18% of the Guardian Essential sample said they would be more likely to vote for the government at the next election, 13% said less likely, and 54% said it would make no difference.

Asked whether a leadership change would make them more or less likely to vote for the Liberal party, 18% of the Guardian Essential sample said they would be more likely to vote for the government at the next election, 13% said less likely, and 54% said it would make no difference.

Among Coalition voters, 29% said they would be more inclined to vote for the government with another leader, 16% said less likely, and 46% said it would make no difference.

The new survey of 1,836 voters also confirmed the Turnbull government was closing out the torrid 2017 political year trailing Labor by 10 points, with the opposition ahead on the two-party preferred measure 55% to 45% – meaning the ALP would easily win any election held today.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

lol is this the same toll guy

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A majority of Australians polled in the latest Guardian Essential survey said a leadership change within the Liberal party would make no difference to their vote at the next federal election.

Among Coalition voters, 29% said they would be more inclined to vote for the government with another leader, 16% said less likely, and 46% said it would make no difference.

The new survey of 1,836 voters also confirmed the Turnbull government was closing out the torrid 2017 political year trailing Labor by 10 points, with the opposition ahead on the two-party preferred measure 55% to 45% – meaning the ALP would easily win any election held today.

apart from the 2party result, isn't that really bad for turnbull if they don't care who they vote for

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Visidan posted:

the cops beat the poo poo out of a bunch of racists and counter protesters in front of one of his gigs

So... it had nothing to do with free speech? I don't understand that group of people they seem so scared of a bogeyman that does not exist.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Spudd posted:

So... it had nothing to do with free speech? I don't understand that group of people they seem so scared of a bogeyman that does not exist.

Freeze Peach may have been at the counter-rally

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Is that actually Neil Erikson being maced?

Good if true.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006

Nah, it's just a big old waste of time.

Time... that's it!

I’ve never been more educated on the Australopithecus.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/HumanHeadline/status/937812810964156416

ouch

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/38133843/australian-army-captain-says-sex-workers-could-help-soldiers/

:thunk:

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Yeah Prime Minister Trumble is hosed.

Time for the pool.

Players (Essential Best Liberal Leader)

Turnbull (21%)
Bishop (19%)
Abbott (10%)
Dutton (4%)
Morrison (2%)

Now Turnbull is clearly shown to be the most popular out of the (miserable field), and given the Coalition's tendencies to totally ignore the will of the electorate until poo poo is literally on fire, you can count on that not to matter worth a poo poo.

Bets in!

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Spudd posted:

So is our media still giving Milo whateveropalos free attention? A friend of mine is sharing screenshots of people saying "the left" hate free speech or whatever so something must have happened.

Was watching Sky News this morning and some Aussie pol was supporting Milo and calling protesters against him stupid, violent thugs.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

By Tom Tilley

It's now eight weeks since I lost control of a dirt bike mid-air. I did not expect my year to pan out like this, I did not expect to be incapacitated. It's time for an update.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I think we should hear from the dirt bike to really get the full story here.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Maybe he can be another candidate for the reverse bill Leak?

Too much to hope for

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

I think we should hear from the dirt bike to really get the full story here.

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Was watching Sky News this morning and some Aussie pol was supporting Milo and calling protesters against him stupid, violent thugs.

Good I'm glad I still don't feel bad about the inevitable death of the planet.

• Locked thread