Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Its Rinaldo posted:

for Russ to poop on!

Oh, is Russ now shilling for a laxative company, too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Coldforge posted:

Oh, is Russ now shilling for a laxative company, too?

Russ already has the runs.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Its Rinaldo posted:

for Russ to poop on!

He's going to be dropping a big fat 0 on the scoreboard in 2 weeks

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

DariusLikewise posted:

He's going to be dropping a big fat 0 on the scoreboard in 2 weeks

:ssh:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Seeing Rams fans have any self esteem is... disconcerting.

nah
Mar 16, 2009

it'll pass in 7-9 weeks

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

it'll pass in 7-9 weeks

:perfect:

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

:laffo:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

XxGirlKisserxX posted:

it'll pass in 7-9 weeks

Was gonna retort but what would be better thgan this?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

:smithicide:

There’s a good chance the Rams get knocked out of 1st this week so I’m trying to enjoy being good for once

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

DariusLikewise posted:

There’s a good chance the Rams get knocked out of 1st this week so I’m trying to enjoy being good for once

Your qb is really good your rb is really good and your coach is younger than like half the good qbs

You guys have lots to be happy about

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I would definitely caution against assuming we're going to beat the Jags

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

DariusLikewise posted:

That game could easily go either way. Right after the Eagles get exposed by a mediocre Seattle team is honestly the best situation they could hope for, and if they play well they can win. Definitely won't be easy though.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I didn't watch the Seattle-Eagles game on Sunday, but based on the Box Score I assume the difference-maker was Seattle was able to pressure Wentz and force an INT and 2 Fumbles to keep the Eagles from scoring. The Rams aren't quite on Seattles level defensively, but Ogletree is supposed to play and Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald so hopefully they can do some of the same stuff to keep it from being a complete shootout.

Manoueverable posted:

Seattles Run D is going to stuff Fournette and force Blake Bortles to try and win the game with passing and lol

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

DariusLikewise posted:

I didn't watch the Seattle-Eagles game on Sunday, but based on the Box Score I assume the difference-maker was Seattle was able to pressure Wentz and force an INT and 2 Fumbles to keep the Eagles from scoring. The Rams aren't quite on Seattles level defensively, but Ogletree is supposed to play and Aaron Donald is Aaron Donald so hopefully they can do some of the same stuff to keep it from being a complete shootout.

Seattles Run D is going to stuff Fournette and force Blake Bortles to try and win the game with passing and lol

In the first half, Wentz fumbled on the 1 yd line going in. The ball went into and through the end zone for a touchback. Had the eagles scored, things would have been much different.

The first int didn't do much because I think seattle just have it right back. The second int was a desperation throw to the end zone late in the game which wouldn't have been necessary if not for the fumble.

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

FiveThirtyEight attempted to describe Russel Wilson Bullshit mathematically. link

It’s basically the exact thing everyone here/everywhere has been saying for years, but, like, with math.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

Spoeank posted:

Your qb is really good your rb is really good and your coach is younger than like half the good qbs

You guys have lots to be happy about

True, but 49er fans have the most handsome man in football

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Yaws posted:

True, but 49er fans have the most handsome man in football

That's gotta be worth at least three or four wins a season.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Coldforge posted:

Brainstorm idea for improving NFL ratings: before the game, starting team must participate in question and answer, evening wear, talent, and swimsuit competition. The winning team begins the game with seven points.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Coldforge posted:

Gonna get defenders staring into the backfield and reading his dreamy eyes too often, easy TDs all over the place IMO

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Manoueverable posted:

Gonna get defenders staring into the backfield and reading his dreamy eyes too often, easy TDs all over the place IMO

u playing fs and jimmy g give u this look, wyd

ihatepants
Nov 5, 2011

Let the burning of pants commence. These things drive me nuts.

Bob Socko posted:

FiveThirtyEight attempted to describe Russel Wilson Bullshit mathematically. link

It’s basically the exact thing everyone here/everywhere has been saying for years, but, like, with math.

There was also this response from Neil Degrasse Tyson after Pete Carroll said he was waiting to hear from him regarding the lateral play.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/938155412347588610?s=17

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

ihatepants posted:

There was also this response from Neil Degrasse Tyson after Pete Carroll said he was waiting to hear from him regarding the lateral play.

https://twitter.com/neiltyson/status/938155412347588610?s=17

I mean, it was already clear that he tried to lateral it. But he didn’t.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I'm still willing to ignore the half yard or so, because it was a cool lateral play

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I like how the side shot makes it look like a lateral, while the overhead shows it clearly isn't. Perspectives!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

razorscooter posted:

I'm still willing to ignore the half yard or so, because it was a cool lateral play

Yes. Cool, therefore legal.

Manoueverable posted:

Absolutely. I'm steeling myself for the letdown. At least the game isn't an early start anymore. So glad we don't have to face Campbell 2x per season anymore.

A win @Jax makes the game vs the Rams essentially a playoff for the division. Seattle ends with @Dal vs Ari, Rams with @Ten vs SF, which will probably be two wins for each.

Incidentally, as much as the Seattle O line being garbage has turned into a meme, their pass blocking has been better than league average since trading for Duane Brown. The Eagles have a terrifying D line and Russ moved the ball just fine. Could be a hopeful sign with two more brutal D lines in the next two weeks.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, QB pressures have gone down significantly since acquiring Brown.

Also, their cut blocks are actually working instead of being a joke.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

Spoeank posted:

u playing fs and jimmy g give u this look, wyd

bite on play action obv

shirts and skins posted:

A win @Jax makes the game vs the Rams essentially a playoff for the division. Seattle ends with @Dal vs Ari, Rams with @Ten vs SF, which will probably be two wins for each.

Incidentally, as much as the Seattle O line being garbage has turned into a meme, their pass blocking has been better than league average since trading for Duane Brown. The Eagles have a terrifying D line and Russ moved the ball just fine. Could be a hopeful sign with two more brutal D lines in the next two weeks.

I'm annoyed that Elliot finally took his L only so that he could come back for the Cowboys in time to play us, I'm desperately hoping they lose and eliminate themselves so they'll lose the motivation of fighting for a playoff spot

e: Man I still can't loving believe we lost to Washington, what a shameful loving game that was and if we miss the playoffs because of it I'm gonna be salty

Manoueverable fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Dec 6, 2017

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Duane Brown is the best trade Seattle has made in several years. Acquiring him has given Wilson enough time to at least try and stand in the pocket for a second, instead of getting instantly plastered.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Peachfart posted:

Duane Brown is the best trade Seattle has made in several years. Acquiring him has given Wilson enough time to at least try and stand in the pocket for a second, instead of getting instantly plastered.

Yeah, it's kind of bonkers how much the entire offense has improved from adding Brown. Especially considering the offensive line still has a bunch of awful players.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

lmao the guy we probably get back from IR is a long snapper

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
https://twitter.com/jenniferleechan/status/938515059143163904

Not just dreamy, but clever!

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

God willing, with Garoppolo the 49ers will be good enough again to hate without feeling guilty about it.
Not too good though.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They drafted pretty well this year and if they do it again and the coaching starts to stick and Garoppolo is our QB of the future and/or if we get Kirk Cousins or draft a great QB, and don't lose massive amounts of our defense to injury again, and if we keep Hyde and otherwise no other disasters happen, then yeah SF could totally be reasonably not terrible next year!

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal
I hate the eagles so much that I was actually pulling for the seahawks last week.

To double how dumb I am, I'm actually going to watch the game on Sunday with eagle friends of mine (I live in eagles country).

I have a brain problem.

Go Rams!

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

I will be watching the game with some friends from my old city who don't care about football, but know the Rams have sucked for years and always made fun of me for it.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

Leperflesh posted:

They drafted pretty well this year and if they do it again and the coaching starts to stick and Garoppolo is our QB of the future and/or if we get Kirk Cousins or draft a great QB, and don't lose massive amounts of our defense to injury again, and if we keep Hyde and otherwise no other disasters happen, then yeah SF could totally be reasonably not terrible next year!

You still have Jed York, so :rip: SF.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Krycek posted:

You still have Jed York, so :rip: SF.

He definitely picked the wrong side in the Harbaugh/Baalke slapfight, but he's locked out of meddling for at least another two or three seasons, and he's surprisingly close to being an actual human being, for a trust fund tech bro. I'm okay with Jed for now.

Peachfart
Jan 21, 2017

Go Eagles(for this one game against the Rams, then lose out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
I've been running playoff scenarios and hoo boy there's almost no margin for error for the Hawks after the Falcons won last night and with the Packers having a gimme before Rodgers gets back :ohdear:

• Locked thread