Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Klaus88 posted:

The moment you realize that the description about the UE being an industrial and influence faction is a loving lie is the moment you can actually start playing them properly. The UE is an influence faction, period.

Umm, the UE theme is industrial as gently caress. :v:

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9n1CANQO0&t=5292s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Build poo poo, get influence, build planet destroyers

A question about planet destroyers.... It seems like when you destroy a home planet, it makes it so that you can't capture it, and make that system under your control for that victory condition?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I prefer to just assimilate systems rather than destroy them in space 4x. In civ games I raze and rebuild unless they get lucky and position into my OCD city grid tho.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Truga posted:

Umm, the UE theme is industrial as gently caress. :v:

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP9n1CANQO0&t=5292s

TO BUILD IS TO CONQUER :shepface:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

oh sweet i finally caught that loving photobomber

let's assign him as a herJESUS loving CHRIST

https://i.imgur.com/oWd3wRj.mp4

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

Cocaine is a helluva drug.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Is this a hero in the game? What the heck faction has him as a quest reward?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

As buggy and unfinished as Endless Space 2 is, this kind of poo poo is why I still love it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I was looking around for some of the art to show a friend and I came upon this. I knew that there was a place it needed to be.

Defiance Industries fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jan 28, 2018

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
There had better be one of these for each faction...

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Tree Bucket posted:

There had better be one of these for each faction...

If there's not you can make them in MS Paint, it only takes like ten minutes.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

What is the best way to genocide an enemy's population in systems that I take? I have a whole bunch that I am peacefully converting but I havent bothered to annex them because they will be worthless pops compared to my race's pops.

edit: Related, what happens if I ship three pops to a planet that then, while those three are en-route, get filled?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 6, 2017

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Chain gangs and system razing are one way of getting rid of pops. The former doesn't work if the manpower pool is full though.

Deporting pops to a full planet will just result in them staying there forever until there's space to fill. It'll still get rid of those Craver pops and prevent them from depleting your planets further.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Honestly it's not worth the trouble most of the time. Just accept that you'll have a trash system full of trash people: as long as its not pushing you over some happiness threshold it's still a net positive for your empire.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
So if I have a doom planet filled with cravers that I am chain-ganging as fast as possible, and they start leaving the system because its at Mutinous, will they appear in other systems, spreading the depletion plague as they go? Or am I better off just shipping them to completely filled planets in the hope they'll remain in orbit forever, waiting for a free slot that will never arrive?

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
In one game I had a tech that turns any pop into 100 dust and didn't seem to have any limitations. I felt like that shouldn't have been a rare/drop-able tech and should be somewhere in the tech tree because it owns.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

I have been trying, over and over again, to make vodyani work, and I think I broke it? I had just the worst starting system. Three toxics and my home planet. I moved by turn 2 and I never got my turn 5 quest. It's turn 20 and no quest to kill pirates. What the heck? Do you have to own your home system to get faction quests?

e: yeah i flew back and got my turn 5 quest at turn 25 by plugging back into my hated home system. What about all the other faction quests? When, if ever, may I leave my horrible poison system? The literal entire point of the faction is to move when the system sucks but if you do you can't do your quests?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 11:33 on Dec 6, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the vodyani suck more than anything had ever sucked before

they're even annoying to deal with in diplomacy

'I Shall Defend The Faith, What Ever Hnthat Requirrrres'

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Danann posted:

Chain gangs and system razing are one way of getting rid of pops. The former doesn't work if the manpower pool is full though.

Deporting pops to a full planet will just result in them staying there forever until there's space to fill. It'll still get rid of those Craver pops and prevent them from depleting your planets further.
I was a custom faction and it wouldnt let me do Chain Gangs so what I did was colonize a new system, then deport everyone there, then abandon it. Then I won an econ victory without doing anything special :confused:

Xik posted:

In one game I had a tech that turns any pop into 100 dust and didn't seem to have any limitations. I felt like that shouldn't have been a rare/drop-able tech and should be somewhere in the tech tree because it owns.
gently caress I wish I had that tech, drat.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I won my score only victory on endless as the unfallen and no systems were uncolonized.

Oh, also I got the achievement for not winning a single space battle. The last 150 turns were just clicking end turn and waiting 15sec for everything to calculate.

Now I'm trying to do a playthrough with a Riftborn ethnostate but other pops keep showing up, so I've been doing the "deport non Riftborn to colony and then vacate the colony" .

Kind of works but it is a pain

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I won my score only victory on endless as the unfallen and no systems were uncolonized.

Oh, also I got the achievement for not winning a single space battle. The last 150 turns were just clicking end turn and waiting 15sec for everything to calculate.

Now I'm trying to do a playthrough with a Riftborn ethnostate but other pops keep showing up, so I've been doing the "deport non Riftborn to colony and then vacate the colony" .

An achievement for not winning a single space battle :psyduck:.

I started off with no minor civ pops and somehow managed to avoid getting any via Anomaly Scanning so it was not a problem until my huge influence bubble started consuming systems. Once I started taking systems that way I just deported all their pops to one lovely colony but then I won before it became tedious.

I was annoyed to find out that if you have a system ready to peacefully join, it loses all its progress if you end up at war with the owner and doesnt start again once you sign a truce. Though I did not get to play long enough to see what happens once the truce runs out.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

The Slack Lagoon posted:

I saved a lovely pirate system in the middle of my empire for that. Then just send pops over it and they get killed every time.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Truga posted:

I saved a lovely pirate system in the middle of my empire for that. Then just send pops over it and they get killed every time.
Oh you mean send them past the Pirate system and they get blow'd up by the Pirates? Dont they need actual ships, though? Did you just keep a small fleet around in the surrounding systems to protect from them?

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Are vodyani basically unplayable? What settings do I have to touch to make it so I ever, ever, ever see a next door minor faction? I just played a game where I was literally alone in my constellation. No minor factions no major factions nothing but pirates.

e: oh hell yes more options. More options yess. More minor civs. More of them.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone ever see a bug where you can colonize any planet except Gas Giants at start?

edit: nevermind, I changed my faction and start with Ecologists in power which lets me.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Dec 7, 2017

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

lmao

are you using a custom race, or...?

e: ah, misread that as only gas giants

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Anyone ever see a bug where you can colonize any planet except Gas Giants at start?

Yes. It's called Horatio.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Losing to the AI by exactly zero turns sucks so much because I know the AI doesn't have the UI throwing up 30 goddamn pop ups before it can click the buy system button.

I feel like the mark in the dumbest most obvious pickpocketing scam possible. This misdirect is clownish.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Whats with the "Babies not Booms" event that forces me to get an awful, awful "Haroshem" population in my empire? Why cant I decline it? I keep getting the event exactly 15 turns in and even if I load the save from turn 1 I get the event. I know its minor but dont force an alien pop on me if I didnt take one at the beginning by choice with my custom faction.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Is it a faction quest? If not, ignore it.

edit: oh, is it one of those popups that say "X just happened! <<ok>>"? Just purge the pop via the roundabout ways mentioned above

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Serephina posted:

Is it a faction quest? If not, ignore it.

edit: oh, is it one of those popups that say "X just happened! <<ok>>"? Just purge the pop via the roundabout ways mentioned above
It's just really hard to do any of those methods on turn 15 and I just get annoyed when I cannot decline it. It happens every drat game so I've just started hoping it shows up on a colony, then I abandon it, delete the colony ship it gives me, and re-settle the planet with a new colony ship.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I've said this before, but the game does not reward being a min-maxer to that extent.

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Yea, that quest sounds like it's there to help you regain diversity. Oh well.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I mean, in the end it's a free pop. It accelerates your early game growth by a fairly significant amount.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Clarste posted:

I mean, in the end it's a free pop. It accelerates your early game growth by a fairly significant amount.
This is true, I just dont like a.) I cant say no, which is puzzling and b.) the pop is awful and is in the long term, a huge detriment because the pop multiplies. +4 food on Sterile or whatever is just dreadful when I am playing a custom faction that gets +5 to everything, plus the other buildings or abilities that give a bonus on 'faction pops' (or whatever it is). So in the long run when I dont have more of my faction pops it hurts, hence my annoyance. Also because I terraform everything.

I have posted a lot about something that is, in reality, really minor so I'm going to stop :v:

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Do the thematic thing by colonizing a sterile world, sending all of them there, and then abandoning it. Emancipate the aliens!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

If I have my scout forces on top, with probes, and shields, and guns, and a hero, but a precious irreplaceable leecher ship underneath, I fire out my probes in every direction, and, having run out, tell them to fly into the pirates.

And it sends my leech ship to die to pirates.

Why? Is there an option in the settings to never assume i'm done giving orders to something and move to the guys beneath?

E: Reloaded my save. Clicked on my probes to repeat my spread, said wait, it's not worth it, it might happen again, cancelled the probes, and... send my leech ship to die to pirates. Why?

Krinkle fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Dec 8, 2017

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
You can edit the modules on hero ships. :shepicide:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Anyone know how hard it is to mod ES2?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah mean the farts

Is there any way to know how much influence you need to stockpile so the AI can't just force end a war by throwing some pennies at your feet and saying "we good now?" just before you decapitate their home system?