Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
dupreeh 1v3 with the double through smoke on defuse lol, p hype

e: holy poo poo the 1v4 next round. most insane 2 consecutive rounds I've seen in a looong time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Lol if astralis wins a tournament with dennis instead of device.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

SK is just so scary

tho, Astralis threw that game on CT side

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
memes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clHHyqPvhQw

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
I've read a couple pages of this thread but I have to ask:

I got CS:GO today and it seems pretty fun, but I always liked deathmath on source. Is there any way to NOT HAVE loving BOTS on deathmatch? It seems like it's 100% bots whenever I try. Once or twice someone else joined. How do I disable joining matches with bots? Am I doomed to bots every time I want to play deathmatch?

I've only played 75 minutes but already CS:GO seems like a less fun, but prettier version of CS:S.

Also what's up with the aiming? Have the time when I get killed, the replay is of a guy shooting like 10 feet to the left of me, or with the AWP shooting a mile to the right but still nailing me.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Where are you? Certain times on EU servers it can be hard to find others playing DM but casual and wargames are usually ok. As for the aiming in replays thing, its probably ping related, something something clientside I think.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
Please enjoy this demonstration from Flusha Industries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWjd6o4LO4

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
If you want to deathmatch play on community DM servers imo

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Really like the new Wingman and Flying Scoutsman modes!

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Audax posted:

Please enjoy this demonstration from Flusha Industries
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRWjd6o4LO4

I have my doubts about this actually being used because you have to know what you're doing in order to use this attack vector. Either there's a hacked mouse shop that we can all find online or the pros are personally paying people to crack open their hardware and modify the arm code on the chip. You'd think we would have heard of a supplier by now.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

ThePeavstenator posted:

I have my doubts about this actually being used because you have to know what you're doing in order to use this attack vector. Either there's a hacked mouse shop that we can all find online or the pros are personally paying people to crack open their hardware and modify the arm code on the chip. You'd think we would have heard of a supplier by now.

It's been used.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Photex posted:

It's been used.

Care to elaborate? Sounds like an interesting story there

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
nothing quite like your internet dropping you at the very least 4 times during a match and then spiking randomly to 300+

what a miserable game

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

ArfJason posted:

nothing quite like your internet dropping you at the very least 4 times during a match and then spiking randomly to 300+

what a miserable game

And we haven't even lost net neutrality yet.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

Smol posted:

Lol if astralis wins a tournament with dennis instead of device.

TBH of late it seems like kjaerbye hasn't been showing up, BLAST excepted. He's meant to be, and can be, a serious amount firepower, but often seems like he's not having an impact.

mcvey posted:

If you want to deathmatch play on community DM servers imo

Seconding this. Also 5v5 dm on aim maps is the best. Unless you want to practise camping a specific location on a specific map, in which case there is casual.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

yolandi posted:

He's meant to be, and can be, a serious amount firepower, but often seems like he's not having an impact.
danishcs.txt

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Ugh reported my first player today. It became more and more apparent that he was cheating as the turns dragged on. It went beyond "this guy is a lot better then me" into "why on earth is he constantly clutching games by counter ambushing ambushers."

Maybe he was just plain better. Maybe. But he played like he knew where we were.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
I reported someone for very obviously having a triggerbot. For half the match I thought he was just a smurf who was really good with the AWP, but then I started spectating him and seeing him consistently hit shots that would make Guardian blush.

And missing other shots because he was moving and accidentally mousing over enemies.

Phosphene
Aug 11, 2008
I'M NOT TRYING TO GET BIG AND BULKY OKAY WE ALL FAIL DIFFERENT GOALS

du -hast posted:

I always liked deathmath

Whoa gently caress same

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Affi posted:

Ugh reported my first player today. It became more and more apparent that he was cheating as the turns dragged on. It went beyond "this guy is a lot better then me" into "why on earth is he constantly clutching games by counter ambushing ambushers."

Maybe he was just plain better. Maybe. But he played like he knew where we were.

Assure your teammates that [suspect] is just some turbo nerd who has way too much time on their hands as you silently report them

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I start every game by using the warmup time to report all 9 other people. You can never be too careful.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Quick question:

I've been looking for good west coast community servers. I usually spend a lot of time on "Chillin' and Killin'", but my occasional ping spikes get me kicked from the lobby. It also fills up fast.

So, if anyone has a good DM or gun game server that's in the west, I'd be much obliged.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

There are a lot of fragshack DM servers that don't make my computer run like poo poo and have good players practicing. Not sure about gun game though. I think there's just those 2 servers.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

CLARPUS posted:

There are a lot of fragshack DM servers that don't make my computer run like poo poo and have good players practicing. Not sure about gun game though. I think there's just those 2 servers.

Fragshack does not have any gun game servers, only dm and aim maps. I've been doing a lot of work on their pistol dm server since I think it's the weakest point in my game at the moment.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Rad-daddio posted:

Quick question:

I've been looking for good west coast community servers. I usually spend a lot of time on "Chillin' and Killin'", but my occasional ping spikes get me kicked from the lobby. It also fills up fast.

So, if anyone has a good DM or gun game server that's in the west, I'd be much obliged.

Hi, have you heard of the event we call "Goon Man"

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
https://twitter.com/ESLCS/status/937056287203852288

cute

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

:kimchi:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Is trust factor matchmaking is to be avoided? I tried it on wingman with my brother, but we kept facing blatant 30 hour accounts. Low sample size of course, but saw no cheaters at all with prime.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Smol posted:

Is trust factor matchmaking is to be avoided? I tried it on wingman with my brother, but we kept facing blatant 30 hour accounts. Low sample size of course, but saw no cheaters at all with prime.

Trust Factor is a literal garbage fire.

CLARPUS
Apr 3, 2008
Seeing that.
Seeing as.

I don't really get where they're going with Trust Factor because all it does is group me with people that don't have prime. And people that don't have prime are usually kids that are brand new to the game or smurfs. Also cheaters but everyone cheats!!!11

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

I’d like to give Trust the benefit of the doubt for now, but doesn’t the “opt into Prime” option totally undermine what they’re trying to do with Trust? Unless they’re still using Trust within the Prime matchmaking pool as well, but I wonder how useful that is (I only just got my acct high enough for Prime so I haven’t had time to compare matchmaking experiences, even though they’ve all been pretty positive pre-Prime)

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
trust factor is worthless dumb poo poo.

its just like valve to come up with some new gimmick a year after they introduced the old gimmick that they got bored with and never expanded on

i look frward to looking up my ratings a year from now on the Reliability Index

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
i believe trust factor could be good but its still eons away from being usable + valve and their algorithms havent really proven to be effective (the whole store garbage games saturation because of greenlight/direct as the most obvious example)
but now that the opposition to this system includes the guy who insisted matchmaking was specifically engineered to conspire against him ala deus ex guy who wanted lemon lime, i feel i should recant

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

CS needs a lpq

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

its called Valve MatchMaking

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I start every game by using the warmup time to report all 9 other people. You can never be too careful.

Generally this is the proper stance against pubbies.

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
They'll probably introduce CSGO Heroes before they do LPQ. Loot crate only, 1% chance of getting a S1mple skin. Right click unleashes his hero power of throwing an AWP.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

CS2D is on steam now. I remember playing hours of that game.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
bring back the weapon market place, i want $16000 deagles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Slumpy posted:

bring back the weapon market place, i want $16000 deagles

I unironically want flashlights and night vision back