Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

GunnerJ posted:

Might be worth looking at how the uncapper does it: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1175/

Can't guarantee it's using the same variables but it seems likely. So the same math may apply?

From what I can tell the uncapper doesn't really do what I want. It focuses more on skill XP, while I'm trying to work with level XP. Unfortunately I think it's just not quite possible to do what I want without severely impacting the game's flow. I might just bite the bullet and use a flat skill XP reducer, but that seems a little lame :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Kiggles posted:

That is precisely the point. It really is designed around vanilla perk leveling, where paths in trees are roughly built as trees unto themselves. But I feel you - I like to take my characters to 'completion' status, even though I never do, so say, post level 60 the game is "done" anyway.

But this might work well along side stuff like dragons souls -> perks in helping late game progression still truck along.
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/7231/

Simple money sink, basically. I personally might prefer the same but added low odds to loot lists, but it's kind of an elegant solution to two problems - late game inflation, and late game leveling/perk progression.

This is a cool one too. I'm going to try the bounty one first to see if it's too OP.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Mr. Crow posted:

I mean how many ways can a bipedal creature run with arms and legs, it's not exactly unique to blood omen....

Yeah that sounds plausible. Really though it was the attack animations that caught my eye.

Again, apologies for my sub par gif making skills. It might be easier to tell from watching a video like this one (at around 2:08) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqdB2hbyH4&t=128s. I mean, the way it swings its arms, the long fur mane, the coloring, and the super thin build all look exactly like the Skyrim werewolf form.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I use the bounty one, and Ordinator itself has additional patches you can download that grant two perk points every other level, and so on.

I've found that using the extra perk point mods for Ordinator just means that, at some point after level 10, I routinely end up sitting on 2-4 points because 1) I haven't progressed in enough skills I use to add new points to them and 2) I don't want to put them in skills I'm not using. Also, when you get that many points in Ordinator, you become powerful extremely quick, which is why it's probably built around vanilla one-perk-a-level rates.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

Langosta Whiteman posted:

Yeah that sounds plausible. Really though it was the attack animations that caught my eye.

Again, apologies for my sub par gif making skills. It might be easier to tell from watching a video like this one (at around 2:08) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXqdB2hbyH4&t=128s. I mean, the way it swings its arms, the long fur mane, the coloring, and the super thin build all look exactly like the Skyrim werewolf form.

I wish they had also modeled their voice acting off of those games. The LoK series had sublime vocal talent and direction. No one ever felt like they were just reading a script flatly as is so common in games. Given there was probably much less dialogue, but it was always a stand-out feature to me.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

graynull posted:

I wish they had also modeled their voice acting off of those games. The LoK series had sublime vocal talent and direction. No one ever felt like they were just reading a script flatly as is so common in games. Given there was probably much less dialogue, but it was always a stand-out feature to me.

For the era there was a pretty big chunk of voiced dialog in those games. In Blood Omen Kain has at least one line for just about every place you go to, everything you find, and many of the people you meet. Templeman does a loving ace job.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Those games were seriously good for the time. Blood omen 2 was pretty weak vs the others but I really enjoyed Soul Reaver, Defiance and Blood omen. Templeman and Bell were top notch.

Blood omen aged pretty well compared to the rest though.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

Is this for special edition. It's been a few months since I played and haven't kept up the news. Last I remember progress had stalled for the SE SKSE.

Alternatively: Is there a more organic way to get more perk points on leveling up than just converting dragon souls? I love Ordinator, but holy poo poo, do I need more perks unless I hyper specialize.

Skyrim Uncapper let's you edit perks per level in precise detail. You can double or halve perks per level, or some variation therein, change perk gain by level (normal perk for the first ten levels, only 6 perks over the next ten, then 1.5 perks per level after that).

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
/\ is that easy enough for an idiot to use, because I am bad at computers.

Bruteman posted:

I use the bounty one, and Ordinator itself has additional patches you can download that grant two perk points every other level, and so on.

I've found that using the extra perk point mods for Ordinator just means that, at some point after level 10, I routinely end up sitting on 2-4 points because 1) I haven't progressed in enough skills I use to add new points to them and 2) I don't want to put them in skills I'm not using. Also, when you get that many points in Ordinator, you become powerful extremely quick, which is why it's probably built around vanilla one-perk-a-level rates.

The bounty seems better, so long as I exercise self restraint. I just want to be able to dabble without locking me out of some higher level perks.

Soonmot fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 5, 2017

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Soonmot posted:

/\ is that easy enough for an idiot to use, because I am bad at computers.

The bounty seems better, so long as I exercise self restraint. I just want to be able to dabble without locking me out of some higher level perks.

It's a simple text file that you edit, google a guide if you want to make other edits, but just for perks it should be very easy to do what you want

This is what I used to understand how it worked, linked to the part about perks

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

graynull posted:

I wish they had also modeled their voice acting off of those games.

After hearing "Manadnach" and "Toldir" and the orc male VA say "Son of a..." like he has never spoken English before, I just wish they did more than one take :v:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Speaking of leveling, what I used to do in Oldrim was to get more perks with the uncapper, because perks are fun, but then also raise difficulty to a reasonable level with mods like ASIS to get a more or less balanced experience.

In the Special Edition there's Ordinator for perks, we just discussed various ways to get more perk points, but what are the good options for more / smarter enemies (as opposed to mods that just crank up health and damage)? ASIS is being ported to SSE but it's still an early preview apparently.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

NihilCredo posted:

Speaking of leveling, what I used to do in Oldrim was to get more perks with the uncapper, because perks are fun, but then also raise difficulty to a reasonable level with mods like ASIS to get a more or less balanced experience.

In the Special Edition there's Ordinator for perks, we just discussed various ways to get more perk points, but what are the good options for more / smarter enemies (as opposed to mods that just crank up health and damage)? ASIS is being ported to SSE but it's still an early preview apparently.

Give me ASIS and Automatic Variants and I'll be ready to go.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Give me ASIS and Automatic Variants and I'll be ready to go.

Talk to LtSmash.

Incoming Chinchilla
Apr 2, 2010
I'm coming into Skyrim modding pretty late, but from what I can tell the Legendary Edition mods aren't necessarily compatible with SE and the SE ones are still being worked on by people because of how new it is. Correct?

If I wanted to install a load of the ones in the OP (including SPERG) would I be better off installing the Legendary Edition, or have I missed something and they are all basically re-written for SE by now?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
Yeah you can't just drop old Skyrim mods into SE Skyrim and have that work. The mods listed in the OP all work with old Skyrim. However, chances are good that a lot of them have been ported and are available on the SE nexus or whatever. I just have 0 loving time to update the OP with info on which. :negative:

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Did anyone try Coldharbour Resummoned with Special Edition without processing it through the editor and other patches?

I guess I could always make a safety save and give it a shot and delete if it crashes/bugs.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

GunnerJ posted:

Yeah you can't just drop old Skyrim mods into SE Skyrim and have that work. The mods listed in the OP all work with old Skyrim. However, chances are good that a lot of them have been ported and are available on the SE nexus or whatever. I just have 0 loving time to update the OP with info on which. :negative:

on that note skyrimgems isnt even a website anymore

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Lid posted:

on that note skyrimgems isnt even a website anymore

drat, this actually makes me kinda sad.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
For Skyrim SE I can't seem to find any total hi-def texture conversion for weapons and armour. aMidianBorn still works and its what i'm using but it's 5 years old at this point whereas the rest of my skyrim is in 4k gloriousness.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Does SE have any general performance boost mods? I’m psyching myself up to climb the mod mountain, but I did a recent test through Helgen on vanilla and noticed a slight slowdown.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

TheObserver posted:

Does SE have any general performance boost mods? I’m psyching myself up to climb the mod mountain, but I did a recent test through Helgen on vanilla and noticed a slight slowdown.

Yeah it's called the entire special edition. The entire thing runs much better and is solid as gently caress, much more so than the original ever was.

NihilCredo posted:

I'm doing this on SE, with 50% more perks Ordinator and a perks for bounties mod as well. The other side of the scale is Advanced Adversary Encounters, Diverse Dragons Collection, High Level Enemies (Scaled), Skyrim Immersive Creatures, and Splendor Dragon Variants.

It's working out pretty well, enemy spawns are increased by about 50% with lots of variety and are challenging without being bullshit. I was using a Requiem variant or something in the same vein before and that was crazy, everything was just clown cars of absurdity.

I'm at level 15 now, and my best encounter was taking on the dragon in the steam pools area west of Windhelm. Two goblin battle parties and some crazy dragon-man skeletons made themselves known too, which resulted in a giant half-day long running battle. Dragons in general have felt right, although Mirmulnir himself was complete bullshit at like level 5 (I don't think I had the right tools to take on a dragon at that point.)

Arivia fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 6, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Arivia posted:

Yeah it's called the entire special edition. The entire thing runs much better and is solid as gently caress, much more so than the original ever was.
Yeah. Stability and performance, it turns out, are really the best mod of all.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
If you have a lot of mods, you should get SSE Fixes, too; unfortunately it hasn't been updated yet so you'd have to install Visual Studio and follow a video guide to change some values and recompile it.

Because of course, when Mod Authors™ do not allow re-release, then their wish must be respected so it's not possible to distribute an updated version. :nexus:

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Upload it and post it on /r/ModPiracy. gently caress Nexus' idea of IP.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Cat Mattress posted:

If you have a lot of mods, you should get SSE Fixes, too; unfortunately it hasn't been updated yet so you'd have to install Visual Studio and follow a video guide to change some values and recompile it.

Because of course, when Mod Authors™ do not allow re-release, then their wish must be respected so it's not possible to distribute an updated version. :nexus:

when i attempt to use the DLL plugin loader it causes a crash on loading with the different dll, it works just fine with the original dll

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

Lid posted:

when i attempt to use the DLL plugin loader it causes a crash on loading with the different dll, it works just fine with the original dll

turns out the latest se update broke the dll and it has to be updated

in one of the stupidest problems i have: SMIM turns my tomatoes white and i have no idea how to resolve it

it looks like you're meat to install SMIM via an installer in nexus mod manager but im using mod organizer and that doesnt have an install feature for SMIM it seems

Edit: nevermind figured it out had the loose bsas not the installer

Lid fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Dec 7, 2017

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Arivia posted:

I'm doing this on SE, with 50% more perks Ordinator and a perks for bounties mod as well. The other side of the scale is Advanced Adversary Encounters, Diverse Dragons Collection, High Level Enemies (Scaled), Skyrim Immersive Creatures, and Splendor Dragon Variants.

It's working out pretty well, enemy spawns are increased by about 50% with lots of variety and are challenging without being bullshit. I was using a Requiem variant or something in the same vein before and that was crazy, everything was just clown cars of absurdity.

I'm at level 15 now, and my best encounter was taking on the dragon in the steam pools area west of Windhelm. Two goblin battle parties and some crazy dragon-man skeletons made themselves known too, which resulted in a giant half-day long running battle. Dragons in general have felt right, although Mirmulnir himself was complete bullshit at like level 5 (I don't think I had the right tools to take on a dragon at that point.)

Just curious if all those enemy mods play well together, or are there patches required?

Kiggles
Dec 30, 2007

Devorum posted:

Just curious if all those enemy mods play well together, or are there patches required?

Splendor and Diverse Dragons are from the same author, and are basically compatible. Just read up to install.

Both are compatible with Advanced Adversary Encounters, which doesn't(?) touch dragons.

High level enemies is OK, but somewhat redundant alongside AAE, because AAE basically applies the same level scaling scheme High Level Enemies uses and applies to basically all NPCs. I believe it is compatible, since AAE doesn't(?) touch level lists itself, but rather then NPCs? Pretty sure it's supported so you can get a patch from one or the other source.

Dunno about Immersive Creatures. Probably would need a patch, but that's all of like 1 patch for a pretty extensive overhaul of NPCs and spawn. Not bad.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Ok, I switched to MO rather than NMM, and now SSE Edit can't see my mods added through MO. Neither can Wrye Bash. I figure the problem is the plugins.txt file they're looking at, but I can't find a way to point them to the correct file in the MO folder.

What am I doing wrong, here?

EDIT: Figured it out. I had to add SSE Edit as an executable in MO.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Dec 8, 2017

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Kiggles posted:

Splendor and Diverse Dragons are from the same author, and are basically compatible. Just read up to install.

Both are compatible with Advanced Adversary Encounters, which doesn't(?) touch dragons.

High level enemies is OK, but somewhat redundant alongside AAE, because AAE basically applies the same level scaling scheme High Level Enemies uses and applies to basically all NPCs. I believe it is compatible, since AAE doesn't(?) touch level lists itself, but rather then NPCs? Pretty sure it's supported so you can get a patch from one or the other source.

Dunno about Immersive Creatures. Probably would need a patch, but that's all of like 1 patch for a pretty extensive overhaul of NPCs and spawn. Not bad.

Advanced Adversary Encounters has a patch on the Nexus for HLE.
Skyrim Immersive Creatures has a patch for High Level Enemies.

So two from the Nexus, in addition to a Bashed patch of course. I haven't made any really custom patches. I'm not a wizard at modding so I can't really tell you if things are 100% working, but they've been fine in my experience. I have had a couple CTDs (non-reproducible), but I'm not sure from what. I am running Smilodon for more challenge in combat as well, which I forgot to mention before.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Arivia posted:

Advanced Adversary Encounters has a patch on the Nexus for HLE.
Skyrim Immersive Creatures has a patch for High Level Enemies.

So two from the Nexus, in addition to a Bashed patch of course. I haven't made any really custom patches. I'm not a wizard at modding so I can't really tell you if things are 100% working, but they've been fine in my experience. I have had a couple CTDs (non-reproducible), but I'm not sure from what. I am running Smilodon for more challenge in combat as well, which I forgot to mention before.

Well, apparently I'm incapable of making a bashed patch. Wrye won't start through MO2 and the mods won't show up in it, otherwise. I guess I'm just not meant to play with cool stuff like smarter enemies and different weapons.

Devorum fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Dec 8, 2017

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I wish they'd hurry up and make new releases of MO2 and Wrye Bash standalone.

I don't want to have to make my own builds. Besides for Bash it'd also mean installing Python.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yeah... The MO codebase is a loving poo poo show, but the progress the team has made thus far is impressive. It will be worth the wait.

In other news, ENB for Skyrim SE updated... Some new effects from old Skyrim... And it fixes the SE water reflection bug. Just need parallax and some Skse Plugins to be ported and I'll be able to switch for good.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Word of mouth is that if you grab the MO2 beta release from the discord channel it's already pretty stable. I can say I haven't had any real trouble with it so far, though I've only just started modding SSE.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
Yup, I've actually been one of the testers. It's getting really close to being usable.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/queer_queenie/status/939268424932376576

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Any of the default area overhauls (like JK's cities) so good as to be worth it in any play through? Been ages since I played, and even longer since I played without grabbing every area redesign I could find, figured I'd go for more vanilla experience with respect to the world but thought if there was any exceptional redesigns I'd check them out.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nessin posted:

Any of the default area overhauls (like JK's cities) so good as to be worth it in any play through? Been ages since I played, and even longer since I played without grabbing every area redesign I could find, figured I'd go for more vanilla experience with respect to the world but thought if there was any exceptional redesigns I'd check them out.

I use JK's Cities, and it's pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

This is not the thread for this sort of thing.