Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

What the gently caress is happening on this planet that mitt loving Romney is the republican voice of reason

It's almost as if having to mollify certain segments of the population requires you to abandon morals and judgement just so you have the chance at public office.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unbutthurtable
Dec 2, 2016

Total. Tox. Rereg.

College Slice

bird food bathtub posted:

Mitt came from Earth Prime, before the Trumpening. Yeah sure the guy's an emotionless empty suit stuffed full of mega donor cash but he's an Earth Prime emotionless empty suit. In the Hellfucker 2017 dimension that's halfway to saint hood by virtue of probably not wanting to actively dismantle the country and yard sale the components to Russia.

Maybe he doesn't want to sell the components to Russia, but he definitely wants to dismantle the country.

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

What the gently caress is happening on this planet that mitt loving Romney is the republican voice of reason

Mittens was more than ready to play ball after Trump won. Remember the dinner pic where trump met with him to make him beg for SecState or whatever?

It's easy to take a (meaningless rhetorical) stand when you're shut out of power.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

He would have been a good voice of reason saying this a year ago. Now he's just reaping what he's sown.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

gently caress Mitt Romney

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Your Battle Buddy posted:

Trump really is like a retarded cobra commander

I was onceeeeee a millionaire

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

So Trump wants to create his own Special Security.
Maybe the uniform will be brown.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Seems like the fabled telecommute would help in this matter but by god US companies demand loyalty from workers that they have no incentive to themselves honor. There is no reason for many white collar jobs to be in the office 40 hours a week. None. But by god its bad for morale otherwise.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LingcodKilla posted:

So Trump wants to create his own Special Security.
Maybe the uniform will be brown.

That's seriously loving chilling if he's really trying to create a private intelligence/security organization beholden only to him. What is he going to call his private Stasi? I mean surely above all else this would be the most impeachable thing he could do if we were living in the alternate reality with an honorable and patriotic GOP.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

So if they're just Pinkertons I'm allowed to shoot them if they come on my property yes?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

DoktorLoken posted:

That's seriously loving chilling if he's really trying to create a private intelligence/security organization beholden only to him. What is he going to call his private Stasi? I mean surely above all else this would be the most impeachable thing he could do if we were living in the alternate reality with an honorable and patriotic GOP.

Privatgelände Staatspolizei

Pistapo for short

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

I was onceeeeee a millionaire shaaammmm

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

shyduck posted:

gently caress Mitt Romney

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

DoktorLoken posted:

The good news it will be cheap. I’m sure he will find no shortage of MAGA warriors and Russian plants to man it.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

LingcodKilla posted:

The good news it will be cheap. I’m sure he will find no shortage of MAGA warriors and Russian plants to man it.

Hell, Russia will pay the US just to set up his private spy/security service.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

at the date posted:

The DC Metro runs parallel to 66 after Fairfax. If Joe Biden rides the train, so can everybody else.

It's worth noting as well that the Metro is in the process of expanding directly along 66 up to the airport, so it's not like they're actively trying to gently caress the poor not-comically rich without offering alternatives.

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Dec 5, 2017

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

:killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing: :killing:

Poppyseed Poundcake
Feb 23, 2007

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

If I didn't exist than how could I pet dogs, smart guy? :colbert:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It's worth noting as well that the Metro is in the process of expanding directly along 66 up to the airport, so it's not like they're actively trying to gently caress the poor not-comically rich without offering alternatives.

They're expanding along the Dulles Toll Road, which is actually quite far from 66.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
You hope that you go to heaven with ALL of the dogs :)

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Does anyone remember years ago, when Fox News and the Conservatives said that Obama was going to make a private security forces to do his bidding, and people freaked out?

It's like that, but it's ok because he's a white moron.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bulletsponge13 posted:

Does anyone remember years ago, when Fox News and the Conservatives said that Obama was going to make a private security forces to do his bidding, and people freaked out?

It's like that, but it's ok because he's a white moron.

I guarantee you, you're unamerican if you don't support this measure.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The cia and fbi will be in no short period of time be accused of being staffed by communist seditionists steadily undermining the country

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
One sexual harasser out of Congress, Conyers just announced retirement as of today.

https://twitter.com/abbydphillip/status/938066355869437952

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Edit: n/m I'm thinking of that fat gently caress farenthold

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Dec 5, 2017

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

DoktorLoken posted:

Yes, but.. I mean...given the general nature of certain three letter agencies, the things they do and so on and so forth, can't it be assumed that this has already happened within agency structures during Presidents past? If we assume this, then it just becomes a situation where someone(s) somehow got 'in' enough to start removing the structures within a structure that owe allegiance to the great Dark Lord himself. (I'm guessing male, I could be wrong.)

Those aligned with the forces of darkness will bitch and kvetch, the light side will try to fix what seems like the biggest rock star hotel room party ever, and in the end everyone gets one heck of a surprise as Armageddon turns out to be all about a surreal abstract experience and not the black doom we're all accustomed to hearing about. (I'm including the archons/spirits here - no doom, no destruction.)

I had no idea this reality ran so much on sex. Yes, I feel stupid.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Duke Chin posted:

Edit: n/m I'm thinking of that fat gently caress farenthold

I can't help but see that guy's name and think it's pronounced "Fart and hold".

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I've got a few co-workers who love to give Mr. Prince/Blackwater/Xe/whomever credit for going into war zones and protecting American interests "without a contract or any guarantee of payment". This sounds really noble and cool that a plucky 'Murican entrepreneur would risk his own skin his own money his inherited millions except when his private contractors start cracking heads ahead of formal policy or oversight. With this private investigator stuff, are they going to come crying to the state department when Nisour Square part 2 goes down somewhere in eastern Europe or Asia?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Handsome Ralph posted:

I can't help but see that guy's name and think it's pronounced "Fart and hold".

The math checks out

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

egyptian rat race posted:

I've got a few co-workers who love to give Mr. Prince/Blackwater/Xe/whomever credit for going into war zones and protecting American interests "without a contract or any guarantee of payment". This sounds really noble and cool that a plucky 'Murican entrepreneur would risk his own skin his own money his inherited millions except when his private contractors start cracking heads ahead of formal policy or oversight. With this private investigator stuff, are they going to come crying to the state department when Nisour Square part 2 goes down somewhere in eastern Europe or Asia?

Since when does Blackwater work without contracts or payment?

egyptian rat race
Jul 13, 2007

Lowtax Spine Fund 2019
Ultra Carp
I keep hearing about how they'd rush out and get to work before they had ink on paper. Looks like they are probably referring to no-bid contracts.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

Was cannabis around when Satan/Fallen Angels were doing their thing? Because seriously looking back at history in retrospect it seems like the moral of this story/movie that we are all in is - Don't get pissed, light up a doobie instead and goof off. In a GOOD way. The amount of trolling and obfuscation that goes on online and IRL is just a microcosm of that great, big troll in the sky. I'm (gently) getting my licks in now because I have no idea what sorts of embarrassments we'll all be subjected to when this merry-go-round stops, but if you factor we're all being watched a 'la Truman Show, I feel pretty embarrassed already.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/JFXM/status/938075126586904577

If Trump adds that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, there will likely be a Third Intifada.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

Even Erdogan is loudly telling Trump that this is a stupid loving idea.

God, what a dumbshit.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

facialimpediment posted:

If Trump adds that Jerusalem is the capital of Israel, there will likely be a Third Intifada.

Isn’t that like a cheese quesadilla. I’m confused.

Sunset
Aug 15, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

In the Third Intifada, weed and psilocybin mushrooms will rain from the sky and everyone will quickly forget about past transgressions.

(Please, God. lu)

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!

Thalantos posted:

Yes, yes it is regressive, dude. It fits the exact definition of it.

I know this may come as a shock to you, but some of us actually need to budget, like....individual dollars. $2.50 for a one way hurts to pay, when your poor.

It's always seemed silly to me to charge a user fee for mass transportation. It's almost always some smallish fraction of the total expense of keeping the bus/train/whatever running (for DC Metro, fares are like 26% of total revenue). Then you need to add an entire payment collection infrastructure including employees, barriers and processes to make sure people pay, enforcement costs to get the people who don't, etc so those fares come with increased costs. And as a result you only reduce capacity and discourage ridership when the goal should be the opposite.

Like the road thing, there may be sense in adding a fee to specific dedicated express lines, for example. But making buses, trams, trains, etc default to free at the point of use would reduce the friction and encourage people to use them.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
You know where the have the best quesadillas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Godholio posted:

You know where the have the best quesadillas?

Ahahaha I laughed.

• Locked thread