Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Golden Bee posted:

Pardo is a great guest on everything.

I listened to The Hollywood Handbook episode and this one back to back for maximum enjoyment. I wish I liked Pardo's podcast better!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Franchescanado posted:

Meh. I've had a chip on my shoulder towards him ever since he went on Who Charted and read personal e-mails from Scott Aukerman and other comedians while Kulap and Howard are politely trying to get him to stop. It doesn't help that they weren't flattering e-mails, obviously meant to be confidential, and Pardo being weirdly superior about the whole thing.

Could they not have just edited that out if it was a problem?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Mostly I don't like his bad show where they talked about Hamilton for 18 months straight. That email thing sounds funny.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Breadallelogram posted:

Could they not have just edited that out if it was a problem?

It's a little bit difficult when it's in the middle of/overtakes a countdown segment.

"Number Three!"
"Number One!"

Work Friend Keven posted:

Mostly I don't like his bad show where they talked about Hamilton for 18 months straight. That email thing sounds funny.

If I hear him talk about Chicago one more loving time...

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
In the past year I've gone from thinking Pardo was too abrasive for my taste and not really liking his character to loving him and thinking he should be on every podcast.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

I think he has the perfect voice for the medium for sure.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I’m mostly ok with him but I’m real real tired of his morning zoo crew.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Chip Gardener is a better Jimmy Pardo than Jimmy Pardo is, IMO.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

I think he has the perfect voice for the medium for sure.

His voice is great for the medium, but he should learn to shut the gently caress up more. He's that guy that thinks he's funnier and wittier than everyone in the room and is willing to step on anyone's bits or kill them because he says so. I was surprised that he took a back seat for Big Grande this CBB and let them shine.

I really don't hate Pardo at all, he's done some very funny things I enjoyed, but he's just a small-doses guy for me.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If you think Pardo should shut the gently caress up, you don't understand the appeal of Pardo.

I'm not a big fan of Never Not Funny since it's just Jimmy surrounded by a bunch of unfunny assholes, but the interview portion is usually pretty good. Jimmy in other contexts is great, though.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
yeah I'll generally only listen to NNF if the guest is someone I know will keep up with him and challenge him. I tried to make it through an Anthony Rapp episode and it was painful. Not to be an obvious CBB fanboy, but Aukerman and PFT are both really good on it. So is Jon Hamm and a handful of other guests. Mostly agree about the "unfunny assholes" comment though, I think that's what makes the show so zoo crewey.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Franchescanado posted:

Meh. I've had a chip on my shoulder towards him ever since he went on Who Charted and read personal e-mails from Scott Aukerman and other comedians while Kulap and Howard are politely trying to get him to stop. It doesn't help that they weren't flattering e-mails, obviously meant to be confidential, and Pardo being weirdly superior about the whole thing.

What ep was this because this is something I’d love to hear

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

Scotty Auk on Off Book was absolutely incredible. It gets silly right away and never lets up.

LentThem
Aug 31, 2004

90% Retractible
my favorite thing about jimmy pardo is that he is intensely nauseated by the sight/smell/sound of food being cooked and somehow reached adulthood

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Jimmy loves his 7-11 food though.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

this one is pretty good so far.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
At first it was a scam, I was petrified.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
So excited for NPH's show on Seeso!

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I'd enjoy a whole episode dedicated to Scott's lamenting of Seeso's shutdown. That was all too funny.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i had gotten my hopes up that they'd try and recap all of big chunky bubbles' backstory when sam neill showed up, but it was still a really good episode

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I liked when Dana Carvey called Seeso the bottom rung of hollywood not knowing Scott had like 10 shows on there

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

In fairness, the guy behind Master of Disguise definitely knows what the bottom rung looks like.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/ScottAukerman/status/941026307793502208

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
When is Scott gonna invisalign his hosed up grill?

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

n8r posted:

When is Scott gonna invisalign his hosed up grill?

Ehhh, Will Ferrell's doin' alright, and he's got the most jacked-up mouth imaginable.

Comedy people don't need to have "good" teeth.

VagueRant
May 24, 2012

ArtVandelay posted:

Scotty Auk on Off Book was absolutely incredible. It gets silly right away and never lets up.
I'm late, but this was a Pro Rec. What a climax! Legit listened twice. I literally forget Scott can be funny and talented.

The idea of musical improv sounded bad to me, so I put off checking out Off Book even though I really like Jess McKenna. But this rec and the fact I really liked her and Zac's "These Are My Rules" song on SGWLL a while back made me give it a go and I kinda love it. Checked out the PFT, Holland and Denbo eps - any other good ones?

VagueRant fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Dec 17, 2017

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Run To You Bride
Wolf/Tuck
Turkey Run

in no particular order

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

VagueRant posted:

I'm late, but this was a Pro Rec. What a climax! Legit listened twice. I literally forget Scott can be funny and talented.

The idea of musical improv sounded bad to me, so I put off checking out Off Book even though I really like Jess McKenna. But this rec and the fact I really liked her and Zac's "These Are My Rules" song on SGWLL a while back made me give it a go and I kinda love it. Checked out the PFT, Holland and Denbo eps - any other good ones?

this wuz good

Wish I could do singing well, musical improv seems really fun to do.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Scott putting a band on the beloved Xmas episode is the most 2017 thing.

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Is it too late to vote, i actually made a spreadsheet to remember what my favorite episodes were.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer

EL BROMANCE posted:

Scott putting a band on the beloved Xmas episode is the most 2017 thing.

Uh, Mister Heavenly is awesome, and Nick Thorburn's been on a few Earwolf shows before. Plus Engineer Cody Brett was their touring bass player.

Garth_Marenghi posted:

Is it too late to vote, i actually made a spreadsheet to remember what my favorite episodes were.

I just voted this morning, so you're good to go.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Franchescanado posted:

Uh, Mister Heavenly is awesome, and Nick Thorburn's been on a few Earwolf shows before. Plus Engineer Cody Brett was their touring bass player.

I just voted this morning, so you're good to go.

Unpopular opinion time: I'm tired of Bret.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Brett's starting to get really good at it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The worst earwolf employee that gets a lot of time on the mic is actually kevin

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Help Im Alive posted:

I'd say it's Scott, but he's arguably the most important employee.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
I'm whatever on the band being on cbb but very excited for it coming up on Hollywood handbook

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014

Help Im Alive posted:

Paul Scheer, duh.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Great timing with Chris Matthews

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Gargamel Gibson posted:

Paul Scheer, duh.

Paul Scheer is great! As a guest on I Was There, Too. But boy is he obnoxious on his own podcast. At least he bothers to put research into the movies, sometimes.

I really wish How Did This Get Made was comprised of Lennon Parham, Jessica St. Clair, and Jason Mantzoukas instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Drew Tarver yelling "Oh come on, that was a great premise for someone to come on this show!" was great.

I also love Ming.