Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Soulex posted:

I was asked to make an "Go Army/Beat Navy" video for I Corps and told them I would up until they liked my idea, and then made me remove 20 seconds out of a 30 second commercial so that the CG could say his name and "Go Army!" I ended up saying no.

You get to say no?

I've been told, straight-faced, that I had to do things like redecorating bde hq to developing posters to making marketing flyers for 'deployment prints' because I know about pictures. The duck you mean that isn't your MOS and you don't know how to do it, just get it loving done.

I just do the poo poo to keep people quiet at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

J.A.B.C. posted:

You get to say no?

I've been told, straight-faced, that I had to do things like redecorating bde hq to developing posters to making marketing flyers for 'deployment prints' because I know about pictures. The duck you mean that isn't your MOS and you don't know how to do it, just get it loving done.

I just do the poo poo to keep people quiet at this point.

They didn’t have a choice really. Too many other broadcasters willing to suck that dick.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

I mean, they knew if they pushed it I would do it but it would have been malicious compliance. I was working 12 hour days in Australia at that time on tdy

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Soulex posted:

malicious compliance

This describes more of the army than I am comfortable thinking about :stonklol:

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Icon Of Sin posted:

This describes more of the army than I am comfortable thinking about :stonklol:

I'm pretty sure I've said it before but the military is a cross between the Milgrim experiment and the Stanford Prison experiment rolled into one.

Except that if you say no or refuse to participate you go to jail.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

not caring here posted:

I'm pretty sure I've said it before but the military is a cross between the Milgrim experiment and the Stanford Prison experiment rolled into one.

Except that if you say no or refuse to participate you go to jail.

YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE SIGNING UP FOR!

Except no, you really don't. If anyone actually did, there wouldn't be enough (debatably) smart people in the military to even have a brain drain.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Im eternally grateful that I got out under Obama, and if I ever look at the robot signed retirement certificate it will be his name and not the retard Donald J Trump

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Diarrhea Elemental posted:

Except no, you really don't. If anyone actually did, there wouldn't be enough (debatably) smart people in the military to even have a brain drain.

I, for one, was so removed from mainstream media that I forgot we were at war.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

On second thought just shutter the DoD.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

all apologies posted:

Just CYA and ensure they wont come after you later. YMMV. I just took all the extrra poo poo I had to surplus threw it on the ground and he told me to pick everything I needed for clearing. Ya know all the cool poo poo they gave us while down range that they said was ours. Yeah it wasnt.

it's been over three years

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
APFT memo came out yesterday. There was one on record from 2014. Hooah.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

My records longer.

Edit: last pt test was WLC in 2012 so 4 years

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:eng99:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

:downsgun:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Stone cold killers.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Your Battle Buddy posted:

Im eternally grateful that I got out under Obama, and if I ever look at the robot signed retirement certificate it will be his name and not the retard Donald J Trump

My US Naturalization shows the signature and a cool welcome letter from President Obama.

I’m happy I naturalized under him because I wouldn’t wanna look at those papers otherwise.

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Anyone done the basic military mountaineering course and can give me a heads up on what to expect?

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Subpar training smothered by inane command requirements is my guess

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
California state school diploma signed by Governer Schwarzenegger :razz:

iKon
Oct 4, 2000

CAN'T TEST
WON'T TEST
Start reading up on and practicing your knots. They've got the training materials online.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

this is legit dope

Arishtat
Jan 2, 2011

Vahakyla posted:

My US Naturalization shows the signature and a cool welcome letter from President Obama.

I’m happy I naturalized under him because I wouldn’t wanna look at those papers otherwise.

Oh man is my wife gonna be pissed when I point out to her that her letter will be signed by Donald J. "Grab 'em by the pussy" Trump.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Trump either didn’t get around to signing the retirement certificate template or more likely nobody on his staff knew how to set up his autopen for like six or seven months. We had people retiring in the interim that were offered certs with President Obama’s signature, only to have them yanked back at the last minute. I felt kinda bad for them.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
Do the new documents have an insane blue white balance like the command photo?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Arishtat posted:

Oh man is my wife gonna be pissed when I point out to her that her letter will be signed by Donald J. "Grab 'em by the pussy" Trump.

maybe she can be one of those drat ILLEGALZZ until a different president gets in office

seems like a cost/benefit analysis points in that direction.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
gently caress my naturalization and broke dick retirement certificate both have Obama's signature on it and for that I am grateful.

To think it could've been Trump's. Ugh, I'd probably have thrown them out.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
Wonky post

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I remember being tasked to teach a safety class and saying “everyone here has made bad decisions sometimes, if not you wouldn’t be enlisted” followed by some officer whining at me

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
So for whatever loving reason officer moves have been "frozen". Not even sure what could prompt that kind of decision but whatever. I'm now a good year senior than all but one of the other PLs.

It's just in time for me to be tasked to go be an OC for our sister BDE for a few weeks next year. A couple weeks after that we go to Yakima for 3 weeks to a month. Then I'll likely be an NTC OC augmentee the month after that.

5 major field problems, and two OC rotations as a PL. I will have spent more time away than at home by whenever the gently caress I'm done here.

I had started dating again since I thought things were going to slow down but now it looks like I'm going to spend most of the first third of next year out of town.

And on that note, really hot girl that's my age but has a 9 year old son she has joint custody with. See where things go? Never dated a mom before.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

get rekt

need to change his avatar to a mummy or a skull next year

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
There's no such thing as officer moves being frozen; if you have completed your junior company grade assignments (ie, 3 years on station post OBC) then talk to branch about when you're eligible to go to the career course. If you're only referring to moves within the unit, then, again, nobody actually cares in the long run so don't sweat it. If you give a poo poo about the army, then in a few years you'll be riding out some broadening assignment getting fat so don't worry. If you don't give a poo poo about the army, then why sweat it just enjoy the travel and do right by your dudes until you are out.

Dating a mom is NBD if you're not a lying dick. Don't be a lying dick.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Mustang posted:

So for whatever loving reason officer moves have been "frozen". Not even sure what could prompt that kind of decision but whatever. I'm now a good year senior than all but one of the other PLs.

It's just in time for me to be tasked to go be an OC for our sister BDE for a few weeks next year. A couple weeks after that we go to Yakima for 3 weeks to a month. Then I'll likely be an NTC OC augmentee the month after that.

5 major field problems, and two OC rotations as a PL. I will have spent more time away than at home by whenever the gently caress I'm done here.

I had started dating again since I thought things were going to slow down but now it looks like I'm going to spend most of the first third of next year out of town.

And on that note, really hot girl that's my age but has a 9 year old son she has joint custody with. See where things go? Never dated a mom before.

Just don’t try to be his dad and you’ll be fine. Moms are awesome though. However, do not mistake being a parent for maturity.

Also Jesus gently caress that schedule

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
dating a single mom and you're in the army.

you're going to fall in love because she's the only person you see in the 12 minutes between 6 week field rotations and you're going to stay in "for the child's future" :unsmith:

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

6 months later...

Mustang posted:

WHAT THE gently caress IS THIS BULLSHIT I'VE BEEN TO NTC, JRTC, AND 3 TIMES TO YAKIMA 
MY PLATOON HAS HAD 15 DUIS, 6 RAPES, A HOOKER MURDER, AND A COKE RING BUST 
I HAVEN'T BEEN HOME IN 5 MONTHS AND THE NEXT PERSON TO TALK ABOUT COMP TIME IS SUCK-STARTING MY M9

Fuckin' Nostradamus up in this bitch.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
It's science.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Your Battle Buddy posted:

dating a single mom and you're in the army.

you're going to fall in love because she's the only person you see in the 12 minutes between 6 week field rotations and you're going to stay in "for the child's future" :unsmith:

Just think though, Mustang, the outside world is going to poo poo right now and there's no real guarantee that you'll get a good job in a year or two. But one thing that's guaran-loving-teed is that the army will continue to exist and continue to pay its troops until the Army the world is no more. And it isn't like the job is really all that hard to do. And the pay is decent, especially as an officer. And the benefits are pretty good compared to how most Americans are doing.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
You'll get to talk about the Frozen Chosin Reservoir Pt 2 with your grandkids :unsmith:

edit:

You'll get to explain to them what Ice and winter was before the "Bad times came"

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Ambihelical Hexnut posted:

Arnie signed mine and my Mom got Reagan. Fun stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Loved this comic way back when :unsmith: