Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Casimir Radon posted:

He was on some late night show one time and launched, unprompted or more accurately completely off topic, into some story about his team vandalizing a water tower in which he made it sound like he was a SEAL.

this is the highly pedantic nerd poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Someone really needs to sink fox news in scandal and litigation.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

Hexyflexy posted:

I wanna know who the crap has been loaning him cash, because from any point of view that is just about the worst investment ever. If you loaned that cash to my small company I'd be able to get you a better return. And I'm not that good.

JFC, you could get better returns out of crypto.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm not a political propagandist but I've been forced to listen to Fox News every night for the past year for reasons beyond my control and this is just screaming "prepping the base" to support his firing

For the non masochistic among us, what is the catch phrase i will undoubtedly hear tomorrow at work?

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

M_Gargantua posted:

Someone really needs to sink fox news in scandal and litigation.

They can't. They've been sued into oblivion so many times before I doubt they even notice the subpoenas anymore.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Hexyflexy posted:

If he has been running shell games with his companies anything even close to what we think he has been doing, he is utterly hosed when this poo poo gets made public. I mean, we know he has, but for decades he has been able to hide it, basically by just lying over and over. When that poo poo hits the public record, his entire ego is hosed permanently.

I wanna know who the crap has been loaning him cash, because from any point of view that is just about the worst investment ever. If you loaned that cash to my small company I'd be able to get you a better return. And I'm not that good.

I'm on a plane but, a ton of his cash comes from Deutsche Bank Corp. There was a killer article in today's WSJ or something at the sky club that had a super detailed breakdown of how they're little more than a front for sketchy Russian transactions these days. I'll see if I can link it when I'm back home later.

Here's a link I had saved to my bookmarks from June.

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-06-28/how-mirror-trades-moved-billions-from-russia-quicktake-q-a

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008

BigDave posted:

They can't. They've been sued into oblivion so many times before I doubt they even notice the subpoenas anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmdfPOCGBC0

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

Sacrist65 posted:

For the non masochistic among us, what is the catch phrase i will undoubtedly hear tomorrow at work?

Miller's's team are all pro Hillary

HER EMAILS basically

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

"Desperate and intense efforts to paint the entire Mueller team with Comey not filing charges on BUTTER EMALS, and it's obstruction of justice and the most disgusting travesty in the history of american law enforcement

But don't just take my word for it, here's the guy that got OJ off"

My game plan for work tomorrow is to just hammer the Alan Dershowitz angle, at least then I either get to watch them have a seizure from cognitive dissonance or actually say OJ was innocent.

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Dec 6, 2017

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

He's gonna try and fire muller

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

Edit: parody account. I think. Who loving knows.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss

Animal Farm Cliff Notes posted:

On the Sunday that the pigs offer the windmill to the animals for a vote, Napoleon summons a pack of ferocious dogs, who chase Snowball off the farm forever. Napoleon announces that there will be no further debates; he also tells them that the windmill will be built after all and lies that it was his own idea, stolen by Snowball. For the rest of the novel, Napoleon uses Snowball as a scapegoat on whom he blames all of the animals' hardships.

2017 is speedreading Animal Farm

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Hm just gotta link in 1984, Lord of the Flies and The Jungle now so we can graduate high school.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

lightpole posted:

Hm just gotta link in 1984, Lord of the Flies and The Jungle now so we can graduate high school.

I've read plenty about Trump's dumpster truck diet so we're through Upton Sinclair already.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

would GUILLOTINES CURE ARISTOCRATS fit as a username

BLADES CURE RICHFOLK

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

TWO FINGER CURES SLAV'S CHEQUEBOOKS

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

NOBLES is short, yet covers multiple guillotinable groups.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Doc Hawkins posted:

NOBLES is short, yet covers multiple guillotinable groups.

I've actually met a no-poo poo member of the English nobility and he was a very nice man. Then again, he was ennobled for having his ship bombed to bits in the Falklands and staying in the RN until he became First Sea Lord, so he's probably a special case.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".
Just an FYI, Two Finger is a noble.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Guillotines cure crowns please and thank you

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Nooses cure nobles

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

lightpole posted:

Just an FYI, Two Finger is a noble.

loving snitch.
So are you

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

They're laying the ideological groundwork to fire Mueller.

shame on an IGA posted:

ahahahahaha cheeto brains is gonna do it
Well according to his lawyer, his bank hasn't turned anything over, so he obviously has nothing to be concerned about that would warrant firing Mueller :rolleye:

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

Well according to his lawyer, his bank hasn't turned anything over, so he obviously has nothing to be concerned about that would warrant firing Mueller :rolleye:

Either way they will probably discuss it over emails and cc Vlad a bunch then accidently include the FBI_all distro group

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Honestly if this White House isn't just constantly destroying evidence and official records, I don't even know what to think. Like, Nixon was OK recording himself saying that abortion was acceptable in the event of a mixed race baby*, and even he knew that maybe he should lose 18.5 minutes of tape sometimes.

*This post was sponsored by Roy Moore for U.S. Senate

Dead Reckoning fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Dec 6, 2017

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Dead Reckoning posted:

Honestly if this White House isn't just constantly destroying evidence and official records, I don't even know what to think. Like, Nixon was OK recording himself saying that abortion was acceptable in the event of a mixed race baby, and even he knew that maybe he should lose 18.5 minutes of tape sometimes.

They won't have erased a single thing. Seriously.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
They should at least be using snapchat or whatsapp or regularly acid washing their servers if they have any sense of self preservation.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Dead Reckoning posted:

They should at least be using snapchat or whatsapp or regularly acid washing their servers if they have any sense of self preservation.

This is babbys first large scale political corruption run by broke brained boomers.

Edit: Not saying there will be any consequences or anything. Just they are all so bad at it

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

loving snitch.
So are you

And therefore a gentleman by fiat and I will not stand for this insult and demand satisfaction!

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Laranzu posted:

This is babbys first large scale political corruption run by broke brained boomers.

Edit: Not saying there will be any consequences or anything. Just they are all so bad at it

Btw, this is a thing that Trump and Co are thinking about doing - their own intelligence agency. Read the first sentence. Read it again. I'm going to go study some quantum mechanics now because that is infinitely less painful than trying to get my head around whoever thought that might be a good idea.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Hexyflexy posted:

Btw, this is a thing that Trump and Co are thinking about doing - their own intelligence agency. Read the first sentence. Read it again. I'm going to go study some quantum mechanics now because that is infinitely less painful than trying to get my head around whoever thought that might be a good idea.

To support his claim, Maguire told at least two people that National Security Adviser H.R. McMaster, in coordination with a top official at the National Security Agency, authorized surveillance of Steven Bannon and Trump family members, including Donald Trump Jr. and Eric Trump. Adding to these unsubstantiated claims, Maguire told the potential donors he also had evidence McMaster used a burner phone to send information gathered through the surveillance to a facility in Cyprus owned by George Soros.

lol Soros strikes again.

These guys are full of so much poo poo. I hope they all disappear.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

Hexyflexy posted:

Goddamn I wish I knew it was that easy.

Me: "Hello I have a big global spy network"
White house full of broke brains: "Here is 30 million dollars

9 months later

White house full of broke brains: " get us anything?"
Me: "no, lol"

If your goal is funneling money down a hole and getting no results while further destabilising everything... Works good

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Hexyflexy posted:

To be fair, the only problem Nixon had with this was that he got caught. Is Erik Prince smarter than G. Gordon Liddy? Stay tuned.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
Finland turns 100 today :toot:

Happy birthday Finland, you're a decently rad place to live :finland:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Missionary Positron posted:

Thanks for that, now I've got to wish all my Finnish friends happy land birthday and also be sad I'm not currently in Tampere. So going to retire there.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

lightpole posted:

And therefore a gentleman by fiat and I will not stand for this insult and demand satisfaction!

I'll stand as witness. May I suggest socket wrenches in the steering flats at 04:00?

Also, I am deeply, deeply amused by the idea of anyone finding anything noble about marine engineers. There is simply no gentlemanly way to scrape oil out of one's bumcrack.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007
The only time i will talk about the weird poo poo. Because in my 14 years of shitposting, gaming and doing weird poo poo, this was the weirdest. Honestly thought we would have had a fat Georgian with two broken legs lying in the flowerbed or a fire situation:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/the-national-today-saakashvili-olympics-russia-wildfires-1.4432388

> In the middle of an energy crisis, day 20
> Tymoshenko's faction is trying to cripple the country's power industry
> Tymoshenko working with Putin to gently caress up our poo poo
> People hate Tymoshenko, so she recruits Saakashvili to be her front man, which is not going well for anyone
> Saki is running out of money to pay for protestors outside the Parliament
> Tries to do a fundraiser last weekend, protest / donor drive fails
> Decides to ask his son to buy some Cocaine from Turkey and import it
> Saki asks Odessain drug dealers to meet at his condo, beside the Canadian Embassy
> Turns out the dealers are Ukraine Secret Police and tell the NABU (Anti Corruption Cops)
> Saki is busted for 20 kg of cocaine
> Saki tries to jump off the roof of his Condo, hoping to land "inside Canada"
> Embassy gets evacuated
> My normal day of "Mission Impossible" has become "Die Hard: Drunk Georgian edition"
> Saki gets talked off the roof and is perpwalked to a van
> Armed Nazi's (literal Nazi's, none of this Aznov battalion poo poo) rush the van, police flee. Now we got scared cops & scared PMC's inside wire.
> Movie has now gone from "Die Hard: Drunk Georgian edition" to "Rules of Engagement: loving Perogi's"
> Saki tries to enter Canada, denied. Decides because SBU has not deployed Alpha Force or SWAT, he can do some controlled anarchy. Gets bored after smashing a few cars & walks down the street to Russian press ops
> Still need to get on with the day.jpg
> In the middle of an energy crisis, day 21

I thought the Cold War 2 would be awesome, but its really starting to piss me off.

Hal_2005 fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Dec 6, 2017

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Missionary Positron posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-RkvOuYCAcA

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004

FrozenVent posted:

I'll stand as witness. May I suggest socket wrenches in the steering flats at 04:00?

Also, I am deeply, deeply amused by the idea of anyone finding anything noble about marine engineers. There is simply no gentlemanly way to scrape oil out of one's bumcrack.

US Merchant officers are treated like kings compared to naval officers. Own stateroom, someone to clean it and make your bed, change the linen, own head, own shower, laundry just down the hall, alcohol, no uniform, no grooming standards (long as you loving shower, no smelly Fuckers in my engine room) etc etc.

Also, pipe wrenches, at least 48" and none of that pussy aluminum poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Just wait until they do some renditions and Trump refuses to pay them.

• Locked thread