Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

I’d imagine stability. They’ve been through like 5 coaches in 6 or 7 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Just checking in to say that I'm impressed that FSU managed to steal Taggart from Oregon. It's very different out there and no doubt homesickness was FSU's 5th column. It's a strong enough hire that the rivalry will be interesting but not such a slam dunk hire that I'm dreading the next few years.

Also, what the hell is Gerald Tennessee doing?

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

swickles posted:

I cant wait for A&M to fire Jimbo in three years because Reveille growled at him.

She won't growl at Jimbo the same way she (and Aggie boosters) growled at Sumlin

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
If Francois didn't go down in week one, is Taggart still at Oregon? Trying to figure out if I can blame Saban for all this.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

wandler20 posted:

I think he's making the same as there. Really must've wanted back in Florida.
More Popeyes
https://twitter.com/CoachTaggart/status/825065738859712512

Can't blame him.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MourningView posted:

Harrell would be a really good hire

They had one competent QB and he got hurt

I am considering everything he did while Herbert was out a sign of the fact he is definitely a good coach because that could've gone a lot worse. I just thought he was a little bit risk-adverse compared to what I think of when I think of Oregon.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

MourningView posted:

Troy Walters isn’t going with Frost to Nebraska right? He’d be a good OC hire for someone since I assume Huepel is bringing along his own guy.

From what I've read it's definitely possible he joins the staff, though as UCF's interim it obviously wouldn't happen until January.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I'd prefer Tennessee leave Mel alone and take Pruitt.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone hire brett bielema

Jordanis
Jul 11, 2006

Oregon checking in here

kill me

but kill aggie first

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

someone's going to hire tim beckman as a coordinator, i can feel it

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

tenesee should hire june jones

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

dphi posted:

If Francois didn't go down in week one, is Taggart still at Oregon? Trying to figure out if I can blame Saban for all this.

Jimbo didn't leave because of a hot seat. He was on a collision course to butt heads with upper management because he had assistants that needed to go that he didn't want to get rid of so Aggie gives him an easy out regardless.

dphi
Jul 9, 2001
That's what I wondered, didn't know if the lackluster season accelerated the process.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

KKKLIP ART posted:

I'd prefer Tennessee leave Mel alone and take Pruitt.
Honestly I think Steele is a bigger blow to us than Pruitt to them, and you play us every year. Counting Saban's expertise they'll get a replacement-level defensive hire, no problem. We've never had this kind of top-10 defense going in the Malzahn era, and will have to make another inexplicably perfect hire like Steele to do it again.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I tried popeyes once and it was nothin special :shrug:

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

I’m just glad the SEC is finally shying away from the Saban assistant roulette.

I think Morris will be fine and fun to watch at Arky. It’ll take a few years to get his athletes in there but he’s close enough to Texas to poach some gunslinging 3 and 4 star QBs that slip through Herman and Kingsbury’s grasps.

He can also recruit well in Florida. I'm glad to see him getting the reigns at a big program

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

got any sevens posted:

Bad take.

Anyway please just go back to Les and get him with a Tee-as-heir-apparent.

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

got any sevens posted:

wtf is going on in this forum

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

That's a bad take but it did remind me that I had some leftover Popeyes biscuits in the kitchen and I'm eating one now and it owns so actually it's a good post

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

got any sevens posted:

Look at this idiot ordering the mild chicken

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

got any sevens posted:

I'm white and from the whitest part of Oregon and even I can appreciate that Popeye's spicy fried chicken is a tier above other fried chickens.

Note: most parts of Oregon are the whitest parts of Oregon.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

sportsgenius86 posted:

Look at this idiot ordering the mild chicken

Maxwells Demon posted:

I'm white and from the whitest part of Oregon and even I can appreciate that Popeye's spicy fried chicken is a tier above other fried chickens.

Truth. And the biscuits are next level. The bread version of pure delicious butter. I always order at least one extra biscuit. The biggest problem is that every single side is amazing and I hate picking just one.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Joey Freshwater posted:

Looks like UT is down to Tucker and Pruitt and it should be decided or announced tomorrow, per Trey Wallace.

If I get a pick I’d rather have Pruitt over Tucker. They’ve both interviewed twice.

I’m going Pruitt too. I like his track record more. It’s probably got a better appeal to recruits too. His defenses have been good to say the least.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

6yr/$30mil deal for Taggart at FSU, according to Pete Thamel

wernox
Mar 26, 2001

I gave up my OG title for this.

R.D. Mangles posted:

someone hire brett bielema

You misspelled bert

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/danwolken/status/938241845057945600

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/DeanMortimer3/status/938053551535939585

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Popeyes is pretty pro tier fast food. I really want to try for real hot chicken. I'll probably just have to make it myself.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

lmao

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

:chloe:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

This must be part of their plans to extend Muchamp's contract.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

Look at Jimbo's eyes. How merry they look! How the light dances in them!

Oh wait it actually looks like he's staring at a mass grave.

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
I am 100% down for Aggie-PFTCommenter

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Supposedly, Arkansas is going to offer Venables $2.5 million/year to come be DC if/when Morris signs.

There is no way Brent will come, but it will probably help get him a pay bump up from the $1.7 million he’s currently making.

Arkansas’s 200 year plan to slowly nickel and dime everyone else into oblivion while the Walmart money continues to flow in is moving on :getin:

Sten Freak
Sep 10, 2008

Despite all of these shortcomings, the Sten still has a long track record of shooting people right in the face.
College Slice
(yield to alpha)

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I know I bitch and moan about the coaching salary bubble a lot but holy poo poo $2.5 million/year for an coordinator position is ridiculous. I know a lot of the supplemental stuff is paid by boosters and that sweet sweet ESPN SEC deal means extra gravy for everyone, but god drat.

Shappa
Jan 22, 2005

You probably don't know her, she goes to a different school

And for some reason even after all that the thing that made me laugh the hardest is that weird looking sack of ham in the picture with Jimbo and the dog.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

KKKLIP ART posted:

I know I bitch and moan about the coaching salary bubble a lot but holy poo poo $2.5 million/year for an coordinator position is ridiculous. I know a lot of the supplemental stuff is paid by boosters and that sweet sweet ESPN SEC deal means extra gravy for everyone, but god drat.

I was listening to Mark Packer's show yesterday and Joel Klatt was on there talking about how absurd it is that people are saying there's no way to pay players yet there's currently like $70 million in dead money to pay fired coaches out there right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/938402096956702726?s=17

• Locked thread