Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Oh poo poo or the Naito match earlier in the year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

Oh poo poo or the Naito match earlier in the year

Yeah, Mike Elgin is a much better wrestler than Juice and his stuff in Mexico was better than Juice's.

But he's a bad man.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

:agreed:

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
The Okada/Elgin match at this years G1 I remember being crazy good, the Okada/Juice match I can't remember.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

It was good but “good” gets completely lost in Okada’s 2017

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

St Evan Echoes posted:

It was good but “good” gets completely lost in Okada’s 2017

Having a good match with Okada means you actually suck a lot. What a loser.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
you guys didn't let me finish
juice is better than big mike... at having hair!!!! ha ha check out the big egg dome on this boy

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Turns out mike elgin is a huge dork, who knew

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

It's probably just me. Elgin is just a dude who hasn't clicked with me for whatever reason. I like his matches but he's low on my list of big dudes who pick people up. Jeff Cobb should just do more NJPW and replace Elgin.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

checksin posted:

you guys didn't let me finish
juice is better than big mike... at having hair!!!! ha ha check out the big egg dome on this boy
:yeah: also Juice is better

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
i want to see big mike versus juice in the tokyo dome to prove who is truly better

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

checksin posted:

i want to see big mike versus juice in the tokyo dome to prove who is truly better
They had a match at the G1 where it was proven both that Juice is the better man, and that he would soon be balls deep in some beautiful Japanese women

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

checksin posted:

well, one is a big doodoo head and the other is sugoi, so..............

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Lol https://twitter.com/RealJeffCobb/status/938162163520217088

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I don't blame Jeff Cobb, War Machine are way cooler than pissboi Mike

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Replace Mike with Cobb is now my true wish.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I've seen Cobb a bunch at APW shows and he is one of the nicest people you will ever meet

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

drat, I was really enjoying the Cobb/Elgin tag team.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

St Evan Echoes posted:

They had a match at the G1 where it was proven both that Juice is the better man, and that he would soon be balls deep in some beautiful Japanese women

Isn't that every night for Juice

(Based on the stories, yes. Yes it is.)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Reminding everyone that Elgin and Cobb's next league match is gonna be against War Machine on the 9th and it's gonna be streamed live.

Today's match against GoD will be available late tonight/early tomorrow morning but that occurred before the latest drama hit.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's probably just me. Elgin is just a dude who hasn't clicked with me for whatever reason. I like his matches but he's low on my list of big dudes who pick people up. Jeff Cobb should just do more NJPW and replace Elgin.

yeah i felt the same, kinda. elgin's good, yeah, for sure, but i was never looking at a card and thinking "oh hell yeah mike elgin's on here" it was more like he just came standard with njpw programming. jeff cobb is instantly fun to watch though.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

NJPW just published an interview with Cobb

quote:

Everybody here is really friendly. Tanahashi, that’s the Ace of New Japan. He was doing his hair one day and I came over and talked to him for a little bit. I just asked how long it takes, how long he’s been doing it, do you ever get tired of doing it? We teamed one night and I told him next time we team up, you have to do my hair. He said, “I’ll do your hair tomorrow.” Tomorrow came and he already unplugged his curling iron or straightening iron. I don’t even know what it’s called. So he said, “I promise, tomorrow.” I thought he would forget, but when I showed up to the venue, he was doing his hair and when he finished he said, “Jeff-san, I do your hair?” I said, “If you want to, man.” It turned into this big thing and that picture turned up on Instagram and it got retweeted by a lot of Japanese fans. It was super cool. He’s got great hair. I mean this in a very nice way, he’s an attractive man. When a very attractive man is doing your hair, I felt even more attractive after he did my hair, so I can’t turn that down.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

I'm on board the Corn Cobb.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I'm on board the Corn Cobb.

I want to be but I don't want to have to be owned first.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I want to be but I don't want to have to be owned first.

No, that's to become one.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah and Juice definitely isn't as big of a deal yet.

I dunno, if I was new to the company, I'd def hit up Juice for some survival tips. More readily than Elgin since he doesn't have dojo time.

Plus Elgin has a poo poo handshake. Can't trust that.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Everything I've ever heard about Tana makes him come off like the platonic ideal for how Top Talent™ should treat others and conduct themselves.

Well, except the DDT thing, but that might have been an angle?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Everything I've ever heard about Tana makes him come off like the platonic ideal for how Top Talent™ should treat others and conduct themselves.

Well, except the DDT thing, but that might have been an angle?

Step One to becoming Top Talent? Cheat on your news anchor girlfriend enough that she loving tries to stab you in a hotel room when you dump her.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Cameo posted:

Step One to becoming Top Talent? Cheat on your news anchor girlfriend enough that she loving tries to stab you in a hotel room when you dump her.

Pfft, do you know another way?

Seriously, I'd read that it was her having troubles with mental health, and the "Pout about having to work DDT" was the only negative thing I'd heard. Safe to say her career is deader than XPW?

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Four years probation, but I think she might have committed herself since in order to get help. But yeah, she doesn't work in TV anymore.

But it's literally the best thing that happened for his career, and by virtue, New Japan. A lot of mainstream attention came his way because of it, and he came back with a massive push that would eventually help pull the company through the dark ages and to the point where it is now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Tanahashi liked sex and was properly rewarded for it.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

I wouldn't call a stabbing a reward.

Shibata got rewarded with an IWGP title match push for his loving about. Chappin' chappin' indeed.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Getting stabbed worked for John Cena and it worked for Tanahashi.

if you want to make it anywhere shank yourself a bunch and prepare for greatness

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

*offer not applicable if you're already a big star

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Just also make sure that you aren't the one doing the stabbing AKA pulling a Sid

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

*offer not applicable if you're already a big star

Or in Puerto Rico

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
i wish tanahashi would do my hair...

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I've said it before and will say it again. Juice owns, but the unprettier is a horrible finisher, and he deserves better.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
this is a nightmare scenario

https://twitter.com/SexyChuckieT/status/938333810080473088

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010
i was breaking down in tears when watching that

i hope they can pull it together and win

• Locked thread