Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

sellouts posted:

Yes, I’ve flown through dfw a ton and never had the problem of finding a tsa line.

And I've never had a problem finding TSA after exiting customs at MIA, but different airports have different shapes and different passengers need different things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Right, but as a frequent traveler as you’d presume posters in the frequent travel thread would be, I would guess that they’d be able to navigate a seemingly innocuous thing like finding a precheck line

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

sellouts posted:

Right, but as a frequent traveler as you’d presume posters in the frequent travel thread would be, I would guess that they’d be able to navigate a seemingly innocuous thing like finding a precheck line

I was checking oversize luggage from a trade show and didn't feel like wandering around to a separate entrance to find tsa pre. Also my COO'S had just expired but I was still butt hurt about unpacking thank you for listening to me vent you spergs

FunOne
Aug 20, 2000
I am a slimey vat of concentrated stupidity

Fun Shoe
For future reference, just get to DFW early enough to check in a D and head straight to the lounge there. Train is right across from the entrance to actually go to wherever your gate is.

That precheck is almost always open and that is the best Admirals club at DFW.

BabyJebus
Jan 19, 2006
I flew out of dfw on Saturday and terminal D had two security lines. One regular and one for all travelers but it was precheck - meaning anyone could get in that line and go through the precheck experience. It had a long line, was full of confused people, had a security dog and was overall an absolutely terrifying (from the perspective of losing precheck as it exists today, I wasn't scared of the dog) experience. Don't know if this is a dfw experiment, just terminal d or if it's going to be rolled out in other places but it's a terrible terrible idea.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

BabyJebus posted:

I flew out of dfw on Saturday and terminal D had two security lines. One regular and one for all travelers but it was precheck - meaning anyone could get in that line and go through the precheck experience. It had a long line, was full of confused people, had a security dog and was overall an absolutely terrifying (from the perspective of losing precheck as it exists today, I wasn't scared of the dog) experience. Don't know if this is a dfw experiment, just terminal d or if it's going to be rolled out in other places but it's a terrible terrible idea.

MSP has been playing around with this too although I haven't seen it in the past month or so

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

BabyJebus posted:

During non peak times at LAX Tom Bradley will have a dog patrolling the line and because of that you do not have to remove liquids or shoes or laptops or 2 of these 3. So it was kinda like precheck.

FunOne posted:

For future reference, just get to DFW early enough to check in a D and head straight to the lounge there. Train is right across from the entrance to actually go to wherever your gate is.

That precheck is almost always open and that is the best Admirals club at DFW.

This is the pro move.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

Fluffy cat sensory experience
If I have pre-check can the waifu come with me in the line?

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Not unless she is also precheck. Kids under 13 are ok though: https://www.tsa.gov/travel/frequently-asked-questions/i-am-traveling-my-family-can-they-also-use-tsa-precheck-lane

The @asktsa instagram/twitter is a fun follow

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

I enjoy it very much when a train lols me into the airport and I do a 540 millimeter wave scan grind on my rolly suitcase up the escalator right thru security into my tiny coach seat for 9 hours of dehydration therapy.

I do like it when trains take me directly to the airport...

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I was so happy getting the exit row upgrade for free when I was chit chatting and being friendly with the gate agent.

Turns out I’m surrounded by families and crying babies. Fine fine.

Then the guy next to me is a Middle Aged dude who smells kind of funky like light cheddar.

Then he takes off his shoes and triple blanket wraps him self up. He’s starting to sweat more and the flight hasn’t taken off.

seat karma I swear

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

caberham posted:

I was so happy getting the exit row upgrade for free when I was chit chatting and being friendly with the gate agent.

Turns out I’m surrounded by families and crying babies. Fine fine.

Then the guy next to me is a Middle Aged dude who smells kind of funky like light cheddar.

Then he takes off his shoes and triple blanket wraps him self up. He’s starting to sweat more and the flight hasn’t taken off.

seat karma I swear

RIP

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

French Canadian posted:

If I have pre-check can the waifu come with me in the line?

My wife and kids boarding passes all got marked precheck the last time we traveled (I'm the only one with precheck and I booked the tickets). Other times they didn't. I'm not clear on what the actual rules are.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

DJCobol posted:

Rechecking a bag after an international flight before a domestic connection is easy poo poo. Just grab from the carousel, and toss it right back to the counter agent 50 feet away at DTW. The only thing I hate about international to domestic connections is that none of the airports I've been to (DTW, ATL, JFK, MSP) have a precheck line. You have to exit out of the airport pretty much, and go back in through the normal security lines.

DTW has lines that are just metal detectors though, and they let you self select which line to go in to.

So, better than nothing.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BabyJebus posted:

Only during the transition period while people get used to it. There's no actual reason for 100% of people not be able to leave liquids and laptops in their bags, leave their shoes on, and just walk through a metal detector. I'd love if pre-check type security was the standard rather than the exception.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Motronic posted:

My wife and kids boarding passes all got marked precheck the last time we traveled (I'm the only one with precheck and I booked the tickets). Other times they didn't. I'm not clear on what the actual rules are.

The rules usually are everyone on the same reservation as someone with a known traveler number get the precheck mark, but they're also flagged to have their hands swabbed for bomb juice. But asking the TSA and airlines to consistently and evenly apply the rules...

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

One more trip and I'm hitting gold on Delta and.... just got word that my project is coming to a close at the end of the month. And my new project is just ten blocks down the street from my apartment and will likely be all next year.

Feeling like a real dummy for booking those extra few legs this month :downs:

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

Go on vacation next year at least

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

Oh yeah definitely. I'm gonna at least enjoy it at least once before losing it.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I booked a trip to visit my Grandma over Christmas to hit AA Plat Pro.

Now most of my travel next year is planned on Jetblue, not AA. Great use of status....

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Mandalay posted:

I booked a trip to visit my Grandma over Christmas to hit AA Plat Pro.

Now most of my travel next year is planned on Jetblue, not AA. Great use of status....

I crunched the numbers and I'm going to hit status by 15 miles. Here's hoping that the Christmas pilot shortage doesn't screw me over.

French Canadian
Feb 23, 2004

O'Hare more like No'Hare as they took so long to rummage through international luggage for stowaway terrists that I missed my lovely bus back home and had to wait...WAIT for another one that wasn't even express. Fuuuuck...

caberham
Mar 18, 2009

by Smythe
Grimey Drawer
I really wished we could still hand carry liquids then I can just stow all my booze and get the gently caress out of the airport

i fly airplanes
Sep 6, 2010

I STOLE A PIE FROM ESTELLE GETTY
Holy crap domestic JAL lounges are really nice. Went through a private security/entrance in Sapporo-Chitose straight leading right into the lounge!

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

i fly airplanes posted:

Holy crap domestic JAL lounges are really nice. Went through a private security/entrance in Sapporo-Chitose straight leading right into the lounge!

The Concorde Room at T5 is like that. Heavenly.

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

One of our partner acct managers just hit plat pro today with... segments.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

taco show posted:

Pray for this man

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

taco show posted:

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

taco show posted:

i don't know the moon program, how many segments is that?

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

i don't know the moon program, how many segments is that?

That is not a typo.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

y'all soft i qualified DM once on segments which is 140

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009
I already made it on miles but I'll clear Exec Plat on segments after my next trip. I'm at 116, I have two more on my way back and my trip next week is direct for both legs. That gets me to 120.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

i'll wind up at 100 on the nose this year

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

I hit 149 segments yesterday on AA, with another 19 on United :v:

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.
Ya'll fuckin up, 125,237 MQM on 21 segments. Health issue kept me from volunteering for any travel since August but I had one last event that pushed me into Diamond last week and some surgery to fix me up just in time to use those sweet sweet GUCs.

I'll never be Diamond again though with the Delta Amex exemption going from $25K to $250K of spend. :(

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Motronic posted:

That is not a typo.

If you have to make a connection that's just under 2 trips a month. That's not bad.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Arzakon posted:

Ya'll fuckin up, 125,237 MQM on 21 segments. Health issue kept me from volunteering for any travel since August but I had one last event that pushed me into Diamond last week and some surgery to fix me up just in time to use those sweet sweet GUCs.

I'll never be Diamond again though with the Delta Amex exemption going from $25K to $250K of spend. :(

yo gently caress flying an average stage length of 6,000 miles in coach dang your company hates you

Arzakon
Nov 24, 2002

"I hereby retire from Mafia"
Please turbo me if you catch me in a game.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

yo gently caress flying an average stage length of 6,000 miles in coach dang your company hates you

I dunno man SEA-HKG-SEA * 1 seems way better to me than SEA-SFO-SEA * 5. I snagged a few cheap first class upgrades that got me 150% MQMs and with some rollover, and CC MQMs I was probably closer to 4500-5000 a segment actually in a seat.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Thoguh posted:

If you have to make a connection that's just under 2 trips a month. That's not bad.

I suppose. Sounds miserable to me.

I'm mostly non-stop cross country with some international sprinkled in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Thoguh posted:

He’s Kansas City based and covers only central. Dude is nuts.

Meanwhile, I’m also in KC right now and boy do I loathe this airport. At least they have a real TSA pre line now.