Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I have a 1440p 144hz monitor and a 980 gtx and i get dips into the 30s pretty frequently. pretty sure my ancient i5 is bottlenecking me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

I’ve been told the new “test” build resolves performance issues entirely and honestly the game shouldn’t chug as much as it does.

Trivia
Feb 8, 2006

I'm an obtuse man,
so I'll try to be oblique.
The test servers have very noticable performance improvements. Except for beginning of the game lag, that's horrendous.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Is it worth it to download and play on it? It should be forthcoming soon in the official game, right?

Cannon_Fodder
Jul 17, 2007

"Hey, where did Steve go?"
Design by Kamoc

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Is it worth it to download and play on it? It should be forthcoming soon in the official game, right?

Worth it?
Yes

Polished?
No

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Also they said next time they open the test server they'll be including the new desert map

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
That's deffo worth it.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Echoing the comments and recommendation for Test Server. It still has some jankiness to it and takes a bit of adjustment due to some UI changes, but I regularly get 10-20+ FPS better on a 970GTX, 16 gigs of RAM, SSD and i7 from 2012 on a Dell G-Sync 1440p S2716DG.

It generally has some good quality-of-life improvements so I always go Test when/if it's available. Among other changes I've found preferable:
- the audio adjustments, like the Red Zone will genuinely make you jump the first time you hear it and adds real tension as it feels like the loving apocalypse is raining down upon or around you
- airplane and skydiving noises are muffled
- subtle graphic touches like player animations and more realistic, nice-looking shallow depth-of-field effect when using optics
- Killcam (most of the time)
- hurdling is pretty nice, too. Jumping through a window and the shattered glass sound will freak out anyone close by
- anecdotal but seems like the RNG drops are slightly better. I’ve at least have more luck finding level 2/3 gear sooner

sticksy fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 5, 2017

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

John DiFool posted:

Anyone have a box capable of keep this piece of poo poo game consistently above 60 fps at 1440p? If so please post your specs.

i5-3570K @ 4.2ghz
1080 GTX
16GB 2400MHz RAM
1440p 144hz G-Sync Monitor

I get 60-100fps at all times except in the starting island while everyone's loading into the game.

In the game I have textures and view distance set to ultra, post processing at medium (I think), and shadows/foliage at very low. Can't remember if there's anything else.

And yeah, test server build seems noticeably smoother in general.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

sticksy posted:

- the audio adjustments, like the Red Zone will genuinely make you jump the first time you hear it and adds real tension as it feels like the loving apocalypse is raining down upon or around you

I still jump a bit. It was definitely great the first day that was out though as the group I was playing with had people cycle through. Every time a someone came in who hadn't played that build yet that first red zone would always be followed by a "holy poo poo!"

Shows how important sound really is in games, if you described the change they made it'd seem like nothing but it's everything.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

BCRock posted:

i5-3570K @ 4.2ghz
1080 GTX
16GB 2400MHz RAM
1440p 144hz G-Sync Monitor

I get 60-100fps at all times except in the starting island while everyone's loading into the game.

In the game I have textures and view distance set to ultra, post processing at medium (I think), and shadows/foliage at very low. Can't remember if there's anything else.

And yeah, test server build seems noticeably smoother in general.

I had a i5-4690k with a 1080 GTX and it was soooo bottlenecked in Battlefield 1. Your FPS seems pretty decent for PUBG though.

Lemon
May 22, 2003

For anyone not aware there is a big charity tournament starting on Twitch right now. Gonna be supporting my main man Choco

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

sticksy posted:

- airplane and skydiving noises are muffled

It was all a ploy so they could blow your eardrums out with the grenade breaking glass noise

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lemon posted:

For anyone not aware there is a big charity tournament starting on Twitch right now. Gonna be supporting my main man Choco

Just watched Jericho drive a dosia into a ravine, sit in the back seat and go from top 20 to #2 doing nothing and having the circle close on him.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why

OxySnake posted:

Just watched Jericho drive a dosia into a ravine, sit in the back seat and go from top 20 to #2 doing nothing and having the circle close on him.

thrilling

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
New weapon for the desert map:

https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/938232003090006016

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

gently caress yes, I always thought that'd be a perfect addition- slow fire .45 carbine for mid range.

At least I'm assuming it'll be .45 Colt, 30-30 models are more common which would let it use 7.62, but then its a slightly different less powerful Kar98k while .45 expands the utility of that ammo beyond the SMGs

White Noise Marine
Apr 14, 2010

Paingod556 posted:

gently caress yes, I always thought that'd be a perfect addition- slow fire .45 carbine for mid range.

At least I'm assuming it'll be .45 Colt, 30-30 models are more common which would let it use 7.62, but then its a slightly different less powerful Kar98k while .45 expands the utility of that ammo beyond the SMGs

That gun doesn't come in .45, it will probably be 7.62

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

But we're also desperately short of .45 guns

Would an Ingram M10 fit the same niche as a Micro Uzi? High rate of fire with poo poo accuracy without a stock but still murderous at phone booth distances. Again, speaking of .45 variety

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
It's a game. They can make a gun use whatever ammo they want.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

busb posted:

Given there are zero context clues, there actually is a limit since they're based directly on real firearms, so you'd have to rely on IRL info as a base. You can argue for an AKM to use 5.56 but it'd just confuse people

And the Winchester 94 was originally in 4 proprietary cartridges, the most well known being 30-30. Later they made them in pistol calibres, including .357 and .44 Magnum and .45 Colt. Though I was getting it mixed with the 1873 lever action, which uses .45 Colt in H3VR so I blame Anton for that

A MAC10 wouldn't be far from the Vektor, just a larger magazine and more recoil. I'd be for it, prefer they add more unique firearms like the VSS and now the Winchester

Roki B
Jul 25, 2004

Medical Industrial Complex

Biscuit Hider

busb posted:

No its the most realistic life & death fight. Says so right on the cover.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I don't see a reason to not play the desert map 24/7

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Just wait for the
[PUBGE]24/7 Desert 100 Ping Max No HUD Hack Free
server

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Xenaero posted:

That big ramp West of Mansion

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Paingod556 posted:

Given there are zero context clues, there actually is a limit since they're based directly on real firearms, so you'd have to rely on IRL info as a base.

What, no. It literally says what each gun takes in the game.

And if it's context clues you're after instead of it being spelled out, then you can usually count on the ammo type that's sitting right next to the gun being correct.

odiv fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 6, 2017

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

odiv posted:

What, no. It literally says what each gun takes in the game.

And if it's context clues you're after instead of it being spelled out, then you can usually count on the ammo type that's sitting right next to the gun being correct.

Welp, thats something I never noticed.

Disregard all of the above, I suck balls

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
i only carry 556 ammo with my ak to confuse my enemies and to sabotage anyone who loots me ehehehehe

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sometimes if i reach a AWM crate first, i'll just take all the ammo and throw it on the ground like 200 feet away.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Roobanguy posted:

sometimes if i reach a AWM crate first, i'll just take all the ammo and throw it on the ground like 200 feet away.

I did exactly this in a game earlier, I had a silenced UMP and a silenced AKM and no SR suppressor so I had no interest in using the AWM.

Should have won the damned game cause I looted a ghillie suit too, but I got killed by someone I'm pretty sure was hacking, considering they headshot me with the Uzi from like 50m away :rip:

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Magres posted:

I did exactly this in a game earlier, I had a silenced UMP and a silenced AKM and no SR suppressor so I had no interest in using the AWM.

Should have won the damned game cause I looted a ghillie suit too, but I got killed by someone I'm pretty sure was hacking, considering they headshot me with the Uzi from like 50m away :rip:

I would have gladly taken the AWM over a silenced UMP, you are a fool!

Silenced AK is meh, I'd rather have a comp on it.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's fair, I probably should have ditched the UMP. I just love silenced poo poo, and silenced SMGs are loving ninja weapons.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm hype for the new map because I'm crap at anything but close range. :v:

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
What the gently caress is wrong with you people not picking up AWMs. It is gamechangingly strong in a way that no other box gun is.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

The Mash posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you people not picking up AWMs. It is gamechangingly strong in a way that no other box gun is.

Please do not insult Saint Groza like this, for no reason

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
So i noticed some pretty bad netcode, or de-sync, or whatever-you-call-it BS last night.

I was peeking around the downed truck on the east bridge to military, not exposed too far. I see a dude walking up, he sees me. I move the sight to him and fire, he strafes and i miss. My bad. I instantly die. No health going down, nothing. ... not my bad.

I went back and looked at the recording, and he fired 3 times: two hit my cover to my left, one hit me. I died.
Since we don't have a killcam, i assume the game thought i was far out of cover, and all his shots (plus a couple more i didn't see on my end? I don't think 3 shots with an AKM should be enough to down a guy with lvl2 armor and helmet) all hit my oddly leaning-in-the-open body.

I was angry.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

The Mash posted:

I’m bad with bolt actions. (And just in general)

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010

22 Eargesplitten posted:

I’m bad with bolt actions. (And just in general)

You only need 2 shots max to kill someone with the AWM.

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Groza is far and away the best gun in the game are you kidding me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
chocotaco duo game with crawl guy last night was by far my favourite thing to ever come out of thia game

• Locked thread