Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Toops posted:

holy poo poo what the gently caress is that word salad.

“Don’t think of AI and NPC’s as the same thing. They are different in our 6th grade wordmush lore. They will behave identically because we can’t even keep NPC’s from walking straight into walls and chairs like straight-jacketed mental patients wandering the “DANGER: Do Not Enter” wing of the insane asylum. But don’t think of them as the same. They’re the same. But one has a 3d model of a human. The other a server blade. Evidence of our complete failure to implement even rudimentary AI means they will operate a turret identically. But don’t think them as the same concepts. Even though they are.”
NPCs aren't Radiant (tm).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Zzr posted:

fuzzymodem.rear end : brutally takedowned

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No, we're not going there.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Don't drop the soap!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

No, we're not going there.
Posted this is a while ago and it got no love. :( In case you missed it the first round, here is the cleaned up version. (i.e. ingredients broken out at the top.)

Chili for the Fat Guys that like eating chili and watching football

This is enough ingredients to make two versions of the chili, a normal and spicier variety
I'm guessing you can serve about 12 to 15 bowls from each version.
(Next batch will be for an annual playoff party and I'll try to keep count.)

Ingredients list:
3tb oil for cooking
5 large onions
10 large jalapeno
5 hot peppers (habanero, scotch bonnet, etc.)
5tb oregano
3/4cup chili powder
4.5tb cumin
1t cayenne
6-8 dried peppers (chili, jalapeno, etc.)
1.5tb salt
1.5t pepper
8cloves garlic
4 bay leaves
2 large oranges
4 limes
Bottle of Coke a Cola
1 - 7.5oz chipotle in adobe
1 - 12oz chipotle in adobe
3 - 28oz cans diced tomatoes
2 - 6oz tomato paste

4-6lbs stew beef or chuck shoulder
4-6lbs pork shoulder

===============================================

Takes about 2 days to cook. Prepare the beef and pork during the week and assemble the final chili on Friday evening/Saturday morning. (If you want to the chili for college games, move it forward a day if only watch pro.)

Prepare the Beef:
Cube tough/cheap meat into 1" chunks--4 pounds or so. The tougher the meat the better it is going to stay together through the cooking process--something like chuck shoulder works well. You can use stew beef if you don't want to cut the meat into chunks.
When trimming, keep the fat and lose some of the larger muscle fibers.

Dice one and half largish onions
Dice 4 large jalapeno

Depending on your skillet size you'll probably need to cook in batches.
Toss the onions and jalapeno into the skillet with a bit of oil for a few minutes before you add the meat. Cook until browned. Drain the fat and put the batch of meat into a Dutch oven.
Once you have all the meat in the Dutch oven add:

1/2tb oregano
4c garlic
1/3+ cup chili powder
1tb cumin
1t cayenne

Toss everything over a low heat for five minutes or so. Give a chunk of meat a taste and make sure it starts normal and finishes hot. Put the Dutch oven into a fridge for a day or so.

-----------------------------------

Dried Pepper paste
De-stem and de-seed a bunch of dried peppers--jalapenos, scotch bonnets, etc--a chili or two won't hurt
Soak in water for 15-20 minutes
Drain and put in a food processor and turn them into paste.
Use some of the pepper paste when you cook the pork and save the rest for the chili base

Prepare the Pork:
Mix in a small bowl
1.5tb salt
1.5t pepper
1.5tb cumin
1.5tb oregano
8c garlic
2tb of the dried pepper paste
Smear it all over a 6ish pound Pork Shoulder bone-in.
Put the pork in a crock pot.
Add
1.5 onions sliced/large chunks
4 bay leaves
Extract the juice from
2 large oranges
4 limes
Add enough coke to cover the pork

Slow cook the pork for 5 to 6 hours on low. Don't over cook the pork, get the temperature to 145 but don't cook the pork so long it shreds. The pork will be right when the fat pulls away from the meat easily, but the bone still needs to be cut out. Don't worry too much about getting the pork over 145degrees, we'll heat it up later to make sure there is no trichinosis

Cube the pork into 1" chunks, removing all the fat.

Cooking the meat or the pork too much at this stage will make for a much soupier and less chunky chili later.

Make the Chili base and Assemble:
I make two versions of the chili base--one normal and one hot. Most people can handle the normal base. Folks that like hot food will enjoy the hotter base.

Normal Version:
Heat a Dutch oven with 1tb of oil
add 1 diced onion and 2-3 diced jalapenos
Saute over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until onions start to turn transparent
Add:
7.5oz chipotle in adobe
42oz diced tomatoes
6oz tomato paste
simmer for a bit to eliminate some of the water
add:
1tb cumin
1.5tb oregano
2tb+ chili powder
half/2lbs of each type of the meat

Mix it well and put in the oven at 275degrees for 90minutes

Hot Version:
Heat a Dutch oven with 1tb of oil
add 1 diced onion, 2-3 diced jalapenos, 4-5 diced hotter peppers (I used habanero, jalafuego, and scotch bonnet)
(careful with the hotter peppers--wash your hands...)

Saute over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until onions start to turn transparent
Add:
12oz chipotle in adobe
42oz diced tomatoes
6oz tomato paste
2tb of the dried pepper tomato paste
simmer for a bit to eliminate some of the water
add:
1tb cumin
1.5tb oregano
2tb+ chili powder
half/2lbs of each type of the meat

Mix it well and put in the oven at 275degrees for 60minutes
at the 60 minute mark, pull it out and add 2tb of ground cayenne pepper--and put back in the oven for 30 minutes.
You should be able to tell the difference between the normal and hot chili by smell alone.

Serve with fresh chopped cilantro, raw, diced onions. sliced cheddar cheese, and sour cream.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Sorry I missed that recipe; it looks awesome.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

Here's that weather app interview - https://vimeo.com/246022163

#1 I see Erin wore his best outfit

#2 Chris is walking like he poo poo his pants again

#3 Didn't watch the rest after the first 10 second

#4 Again why is a loving weather app doing interviews for CIG?

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!
Guys - I didn't even derail the thread this time.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Dusty Lens posted:

It's always bugged me that everyone rips on the British for boiling everything but the Italians get a free pass for boiling pasta.

Italians boil everything in tomatoes.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

ManofManyAliases posted:

Guys - I didn't even derail the thread this time.

True, it just got all... fuzzy... around here.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Blue On Blue posted:

To show that it's not a scam. There are other people interviewing CIG! Just like other legitimate companies get interviewed by outside groups.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Rugganovich posted:

Italians boil everything in tomatoes.

Which is amazing when compared to the piss that the british use.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Rad Russian posted:

To show that it's not a scam. There are other people interviewing CIG! Just like other legitimate companies get interviewed by outside groups.
the question is who paid to whom :iiam:

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

DapperDon posted:

Okay so I have this recipe I am trying to nail down. It has a constant base flavor that I am currently addicted to. But I have been experimenting with other components. It's a fun dish with hot and sweet sausages, chicken breast, the largest shrimp I can find, garlic, red & green pepper, onion, baby bella mushrooms served over pasta with olive oil, balsam, and Parmesan. So my question is, besides the seasoning and herbs, would you do a sauce or no??

Thinly sliced garlic barely browned in the olive oil, add equal amount of cooking water, should be all you need

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Enot posted:

Why is Derek decompiling CIG's source code? Isn't that illegal?

Running a debugger on your own machine to see what something is doing is not in any way illegal. Which is what I'm guessing he's doing as opposed to decompiling poo poo. Not due to any legal concerns, but it's just easier.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

I'll give the chilli recipe a shot sometime in the future and provide a trip report. I'm adding star anise, though, as it should be in all chilli to make with the earthiness.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Blue On Blue posted:

I already called it. MyRadar is smart. They want to be installed on Star Citizens' phones. Why you ask? Well, so that MyRadar can gather user data from the most gullible and loyal market segment in the history of earth.

Never forget: The currency of our tech economy is not dollars. It's user data.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Sharik posted:

the question is who paid to whom :iiam:

MyRadar is paying, guarantee it. The way it works in mobile advertising is that you pay for "user acquisition." User acquisition means the Advertiser (MyRadar) pays to be installed on the phone of the User (the Star Citizen), who is "owned" by the Publisher (CIG).

So who is the target user? The Star Citizen. CIG owns the users, MyRadar wants access to them, so MyRadar pays. Now MyRadar's app can show in-app advertisements for other products and apps who want to acquire users just like MyRadar did. Because the Star Citizen market segment is so specific and predictable, it's highly targetable. So MyRadar now becomes the Publisher selling the Users they now "own" to other Advertisers.

This flow of users, and the money paid to "acquire" them, is the reason we have a functioning economy.

Toops fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Dec 6, 2017

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

I'm glad he is no longer going to be within reach of any kids. He was a rotten one, to be sure.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

What game is that supposed to be?

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

FYI, RAM/VRAM usage on this Evocati build ---> 21GB / 11GB. I'm not making that up.

:lol:

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Sandweed posted:

World of tractors

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Sandweed posted:

Chris Roberts version of War Thunder

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MercenaryThorrn/status/938305288175783936

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207150320?t=01h14m44s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/StarCitizenCAN/status/938287582361866240

https://twitter.com/jak_spittle/status/938286324603342849

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207114063?t=02h31m38s

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ShazMyBot/status/938283102501253122

https://twitter.com/TheBristolBoy88/status/938280170108129281

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207137800?t=02h21m30s

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Is one side of his face paralyzed?

BluesShaman
Apr 25, 2016

She wore Blue Velvet.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

My favorite part is not that the server crashes just as he's arriving at the place he wanted to go, in the ship he wanted to be in (which probably took an hour), and instantly got a criminal record due to CIG's buggy bullshit "criminal" system. No. My favorite part is that he muses to his subs "hey, I wonder when I reconnect if I'll be at the same place in my ship because of persistence. Also, I'll probably still have my criminal record, due to persistence."

Did he spawn in to his last position? No.
Did he spawn in the ship he was last in? No.
Did he wake up back in his Port Olisar wank-pod? Yes.
Did he have a criminal record? No.

There's no persistence man. This game's never coming out.

For the record, persistence is one of the trickiest things to get right, especially on the programming side. You have to account for every edge case. It can't have any bugs, because persistence bugs are what make people ragequit/uninstall/refund games. It means losing progress, and even the Stariest of Citizens will rightly lose their poo poo if persistence isn't near-perfect.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

The Titanic posted:

I’d offer to get into a sideshow slap fight with you too so you don’t feel left out but you’d probably beat me up and I’m really a pansy. :)

If we fought with brutal take out as our contest, you'd most certainly win, since when it comes to hot spicy food I am the biggest pansy there is.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sandweed posted:

World of tanks, the game client used to rape the hell outta 1 core unless you manually made the client utilize all cores.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

Good info. You seem better than me. I can hit a can, then hit it again on the ground. :)

I got my pistol pretty cheap but paid decent money for my bigger rifle and an ok scope. I’m thinking about getting a little 9mm like a glock or something for better pistol practice and shooting. Something fun to shoot instead of something that wants to knock me over.

You're saying you don't want the gun to hit you in the face?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFJjaj7pXsA

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Yes. Wait.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

All these pages, and no one seems to have suggested that the Fuzzy Modem situation only wins extra Britishness points for Star Citizen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/LBOMadness/status/938329067258023936

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/207160427?t=23m14s

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Dooguk posted:

Coutts jester?

:vince: :five:

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Enot posted:

Why is Derek decompiling CIG's source code? Isn't that illegal?

Derek is now doxxing CIG's code itself. That evil man.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

I’d offer to get into a sideshow slap fight with you too so you don’t feel left out but you’d probably beat me up and I’m really a pansy. :)

Can't you just do a 1-hit KO with some SQL code that drops him from the user table?

Nyast
Nov 14, 2017

BLAZING AT THE
SPEED OF LIGHT

Toops posted:

My favorite part is not that the server crashes just as he's arriving at the place he wanted to go, in the ship he wanted to be in (which probably took an hour), and instantly got a criminal record due to CIG's buggy bullshit "criminal" system. No. My favorite part is that he muses to his subs "hey, I wonder when I reconnect if I'll be at the same place in my ship because of persistence. Also, I'll probably still have my criminal record, due to persistence."

Did he spawn in to his last position? No.
Did he spawn in the ship he was last in? No.
Did he wake up back in his Port Olisar wank-pod? Yes.
Did he have a criminal record? No.

There's no persistence man. This game's never coming out.

For the record, persistence is one of the trickiest things to get right, especially on the programming side. You have to account for every edge case. It can't have any bugs, because persistence bugs are what make people ragequit/uninstall/refund games. It means losing progress, and even the Stariest of Citizens will rightly lose their poo poo if persistence isn't near-perfect.

I really really wish they got persistence. Imagine all these people stranded on planets because they parked their ship in a way they can't reach the ladder anymore. They'd log off, log back in, and still be stranded on the same planet, desperately calling for help in chat. And nobody would come, because the game is too unstable.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Nyast posted:

I really really wish they got persistence. Imagine all these people stranded on planets because they parked their ship in a way they can't reach the ladder anymore. They'd log off, log back in, and still be stranded on the same planet, desperately calling for help in chat. And nobody would come, because the game is too unstable.

Nobody would come because they are too afraid it is a trap created by goons to steal their medical supplies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Golli posted:

Nobody would come because they are too afraid it is a trap created by goons to steal their medical supplies.

This is how CIG doesn’t have to develop an actual game, because none of the loyalists will actually risk taking their ship out of the hanger just to get gooned-got.