Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
we did some testing with the aeon gauntlets tonight and the increased cooldown is hilarious. reduces your cooldown by like 30% and you can be pretty far away. dunno if it would be anything more than a gimmick or something a warlock team could gently caress around with in PVP but it's certainly a change of pace

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
gently caress the aeon arms. Why on earth does hunter and titan get completely shafted

AwkwardKnob
Dec 29, 2004

A good pun is like a good steak: A rare medium well done
Not seeing a lot to convince me to run out and buy this right away, which is annoying because my brother is playing it anyway and I'm holding out stubbornly. Fully expect he's going to be out of poo poo to do in the next couple days, but still. Goddamnit Bungie.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What are the new sources of 300+ gear? I've found a few random purple engrams that were 303 to 308, but blues seem locked at 300 and Heroic Public Events are literally only giving me a token apiece at the moment.

No idea if I'm early or late in the Osiris campaign - Sagira just got kidnapped and I went to the tower just to say Hey to ikora.

There's a definite formula of 1. New infinite forest area, 2. Go to an old planet, 3. Repeat

Maybe I haven't "seen" it yet but I don't understand why they tried so hard to brand the Infinite Forest as a thing. Far as I can tell it's just a new tile set for missions? Does it become a "thing" later? Right now it's just a place I sprint through to Press X to Obtain Plot

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

QuasiQuack posted:

gently caress the aeon arms. Why on earth does hunter and titan get completely shafted

Barricades own but you’re right, it’s weird that for warlocks it’s grenades because it’s clearly superior

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

Barricades own but you’re right, it’s weird that for warlocks it’s grenades because it’s clearly superior

Rifts have a huge cooldown.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Mango Polo posted:

Rifts have a huge cooldown.

Yes and?? If Warlocks got rift energy from the Aeon Gear, that would feed into the class ability cooldown thing that both Titans and Hunters get

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Too stylish for this world...
Prometheus Lens trace rifle is broken as hell in crucible right now, reminds me of old school Mythoclast. I'm having fun with it and making people angry.

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

charismaslover posted:

Prometheus Lens trace rifle is broken as hell in crucible right now, reminds me of old school Mythoclast. I'm having fun with it and making people angry.

I swore a cuss or two at it this evening.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

SUNKOS posted:

Has anyone seen or know what the mystery third PvP map is? I've seen the two maps that have been shown on Titan, which are Pacifica and Wormhaven, the latter of which is PlayStation exclusive. I haven't seen any info/shots/footage of the third map anywhere, though. IGN and co. all said there's three maps in CoO (or two if you're on Xbox/PC) so I'm curious what it is.

So Xbone gets 1 new crucible map, until they feel like rolling out the next one in three weeks with iron banner or whatever. Christ these guys are dipshits. Do they not realize the game is stale as hell and needs an adrenaline shot?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Ikora Rey

Walk into the Infinite Forest while I hold the door!
Go into the Infinite Forest while I hold the door!
Go I hold the door!
I hold the door!
hold the door!
hold t'door!
hol l'door!
holdoor!
holdor!
hodor!
hodor

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

So Xbone gets 1 new crucible map, until they feel like rolling out the next one in three weeks with iron banner or whatever. Christ these guys are dipshits. Do they not realize the game is stale as hell and needs an adrenaline shot?

It's Bungie. They released half a map pack once with a game they didn't even make.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

charismaslover posted:

Yep completely broken. Shattered i don't have one yet. One of my clan mates got one and he was pretty much unkillable.

I shudder to think what a team of 4 with it in trials will do.

Bungie needs to emergency patch this one i think.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

They are very quick at fixing broken op weapons, I believe. But maybe not in time for the weekend.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
That's not very quick lol

Either way I'm not touching pvp until i either get one myself or it gets fixed :v:

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

gently caress nerfing it, bring other exotics in line and Buff abilities

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

PathAsc posted:

gently caress nerfing it, bring other exotics in line and Buff abilities

Have you seen it in action? It's insane and allegedly mows through groups just as fast as a single player.
It's not about buffing other stuff in this case, this thing is massively op

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

Here's a clip of it I saw on reddit: https://clips.twitch.tv/GracefulRepleteEggnogPogChamp

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
The amount of salt about the expansion is actually pretty awesome - the careposts on Reddit will likely warrant an announcement by BungLe given the "pretend to care to garner good will" movement they made last week.

Everyone is teeing off about the insanely small amount of content provided for a $20 expansion after Bungie went out of their way to say that eververse existed to enable them to provide little expansions like this for free

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

And that dude can't even loving aim, just waving the thing around

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I give it a solid meh. An exotic that feels exotic? Who cares, pvp isn't the end all be all of the game. Having an op gun is pretty cool and good in my book, I don't mind dying to it.

charismaslover
Dec 3, 2006

QuasiQuack posted:

And that dude can't even loving aim, just waving the thing around

That's usually my tactic too :dong:

Space Hamlet
Aug 24, 2009

not listening
not listening
It's not just strong, it's way beyond unbalanced - at mid range it'll kill you before you can fire enough shots from any other gun to contest it. It feels like it's from a different game, a different Activision shooter perhaps

I'm not even mad about it, I'm floored! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this. One for the record books

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
[a sports announcer after I expose my genitals in The Today Show crowd]

Space Hamlet posted:

I'm not even mad about it, I'm floored! I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this. One for the record books

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just waving it around

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

short, boring, not worth the $20

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
So far my impression has been fairly positive but I can already tell this is gonna get old fast.

I really think this impression comes from the two campaign levels that are also strikes and the final level/boss. Those are really fun and frantic.

But drat there’s not a lot here beyond that. There are 769 people working at Bungie, what the hell are they doing?

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I don’t even remember who pasted in here during the pre-Osiris doldrums to tell us to try out The Division, but whoever you are, thanks a pile. I picked it up on sale Black Friday and I’m having a great time with it. Tonnes of game modes, lot so of loot, easy matchmaking for all activities. Just got a big new free DLC. Sharp contrast to come back here and see how mad people are about Osiris.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
699 marketers
60 managers
9 developers
1 Deej

Someone that is good at video games please help our poo poo's hosed up

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

I'm liking the lost prophecy line, it's fun

Still want that trace rifle though, I love trace rifles. I hope when we get the eventual void one we can duct tape all three together to make a rainbow trace rifle. Or turns into the scarab gun from halo. Yeah, that last one.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

moist turtleneck posted:

699 marketers
60 managers
9 developers
1 Deej

Someone that is good at video games please help our poo poo's hosed up

Try cutting back on the deejes

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Osiris uses his past selves to run a train on himself through time and space

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

doingitwrong posted:

I don’t even remember who pasted in here during the pre-Osiris doldrums to tell us to try out The Division, but whoever you are, thanks a pile. ... Just got a big new free DLC.
Like 3 whole expansions released on the same day, and for free. It's great.

I played some of Osiris last night and like, they could have bumped up the difficulty just a little? I sleepwalked through it. Does it get harder at all (I'm 305)?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The required level for the Osiris stuff is like 220 which is kinda funny since I think there's higher requirements for the vanilla campaign near the end

Or it's the same level requirements

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The last phase of Gaul was like LL 190 for me (was running through it solo). Once I collected all the hey you won rewards I was right around 200. 220 doesn’t seem that far from where I am.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

moist turtleneck posted:

The required level for the Osiris stuff is like 220 which is kinda funny since I think there's higher requirements for the vanilla campaign near the end

Or it's the same level requirements

I guess they’re planning long term where people will just power through every expansion in one just one playthrough, but yeah, it’s weird how easy it was. I only died once when I tried to jump off the lighthouse to the ground.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

So far my impression has been fairly positive but I can already tell this is gonna get old fast.

I really think this impression comes from the two campaign levels that are also strikes and the final level/boss. Those are really fun and frantic.

But drat there’s not a lot here beyond that. There are 769 people working at Bungie, what the hell are they doing?

yeah i am a lot more positive than most are on this DLC it seems but just like launch D2 it’s shallow as gently caress and i don’t understand how they whiffed so strongly again on replayability

setting aside 4v4 PVP issues and power cooldowns, something fundamentally feels different about D2 and it’s not random rolls because i was never the sort of person who ever chased random rolls in D1. but i don’t have the same desire to put aside other games to play D2 all the time like I did with a lot of other games when D1 was in its prime

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
I haven't really done the Infinite Forest as an activity by itself. What is it good for?

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

IronSaber posted:

I haven't really done the Infinite Forest as an activity by itself. What is it good for?

It’s not an activity by itself. You can only go in as part of a mission or adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

First 3 exotics in CoO: starfire, prospector, graviton.

The aeon gloves don't count.

Simply amazing that I keep getting the same exotics all the time, but I should have expected that. Hit 25 quite fast though.