Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

I still don't understand his appeal, but I know Aggies also wanted him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
There is no way I go to bed tonight without knowing who Tennessee is going to hire, right? Come on it was fun and painful, but it is time close it up.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

You're right in the middle of the will muschamp experience

Maybe he'll fully commit to the parabolic trajectory and hire Brent Pease...then Charlie Weis right before he's fired for lack of offensive production.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I sure am excited to fire our coach first but hire one last.

We beat you to the punch on both. :haw:

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

better without the sec trophy imo

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Joey Freshwater posted:

There's nothing that really points to that. From what we know now all that happened in regards to Brohm was that there was a voicemail left by Currie wanting to speak with him about the job, which Brohm apparently played for other people. The Jimmy Hyams thing where he said that Brohm was a done deal was supposedly a leak by Fulmer to squash the whole deal. So no real telling if he would have accepted the job except for assumptions.

I just wrote that and even though it's most likely true I still cant believe that's what happened. Like if all that played out in a movie I'd be going "hmm interesting story but that would never happen in real life!!"

I dunno I suppose you know better than me. I thought the story was that it was done and then higher ups squashed it because they were convinced the buyout was too high

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Muschamp and Nussmeier were born for each other

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

I dunno I suppose you know better than me. I thought the story was that it was done and then higher ups squashed it because they were convinced the buyout was too high

The only person that said anything about it being done was Hyams and he deleted the tweet the next day.

Also Doeren's buyout was the same as Brohms, and since then Brohm's has dropped by a mil.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

Is Mclendon still on your staff? He was interim coach when Richt left and a Bobo disciple so maybe he gets a look?

Yeah, he's calling plays for the bowl game. I wouldn't necessarily mind him getting promoted, but I'd really like to see us actually make something of a splash hire. The last time we promoted someone from within (Lorenzo Ward), our defense got historically bad. USC has had a bad habit of keeping it in the family like that, so to speak, so if Muschamp wants to really prove that he's learned and can be a head coach again, he's gonna need to nail this.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
Can I go one loving year without one of my coordinators getting hired right before the playoffs Jesus CHRIST

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I may laugh so hard i go into cardiac arrest if Muschamp brings in Nussmeier.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

wandler20 posted:

Willie Taggart might be the happiest man alive today. He's so loving pumped to be the HC of FSU. That press conference was beautiful.

Ain't it cool?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Scionix posted:

Can I go one loving year without one of my coordinators getting hired right before the playoffs Jesus CHRIST

I would think that if Pruitt is the guy he'd hang around until after. Kirby did it when he left for UGA and Lane probably would have but he got fired.

r/ockytop has dudes saying they don't want Pruitt on the basis that he's a Bama lifer and that he'd never fully be all in on UT. Also that he better not coach them through the rest of the year because NO WAY is a couch of ours gonna help Bama do anything good. I don't know why I keep going back there.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Joey Freshwater posted:

I would think that if Pruitt is the guy he'd hang around until after. Kirby did it when he left for UGA and Lane probably would have but he got fired.

r/ockytop has dudes saying they don't want Pruitt on the basis that he's a Bama lifer and that he'd never fully be all in on UT. Also that he better not coach them through the rest of the year because NO WAY is a couch of ours gonna help Bama do anything good. I don't know why I keep going back there.

Bama lifer? Didn’t he coach at UGA and FSU, or am I thinking of someone else?

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

LeeMajors posted:

He did.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

He's a lifer because he played one year at Bama, was only at FSU for a year and UGA for two bookended by stints at Bama.

I dunno man don't ask me to explain reddit logic

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

Scionix posted:

We're trying to make that possible, hold on

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

quote:

What if Pruitt is under direct instruction from Saban to make himself the front-runner for the job, only to get an offer and publicly turn it down to make or situation even worse? I can picture Saban doing something like that...

:tinfoil:

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Sounds like Chad Morris is going to be bringing Joe Craddock from SMU with him to be OC at Arkansas.

For anyone looking for an OC, you could do a lot worse than Dan Enos. He turned Brandon Allen into a third string NFL QB and a fan favorite his senior year, which was quite amazing given how much everyone wanted to see the back of him after his sophomore and junior years.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Joke's on Saban, we already do a great job humiliating ourselves.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Good hire for Arkansas. He'll bring in a ton of Texas talent, and he's a good offensive mind.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I thought Pruitt coached in a bunch of places before making is way to Saban

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Morris' deal

quote:

Arkansas: Chad Morris has now officially been named head coach. His contract is six years at $3.5 million per year (they add “he will be eligible for additional compensation through retention payments and incentives). Morris will be introduced tomorrow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Does Tennessee have a coach yet

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Nope

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

Does Tennessee have a coach yet

Arky has fired their AD and coach, then hired their successors since Butch Jones was fired :eng101:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

I thought Pruitt coached in a bunch of places before making is way to Saban

He did, this is why I was making fun of the comments

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

Morris' deal

That seems like a lot for a dude who is still 8 games under .500 for his career.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

LeeMajors posted:

Arky has fired their AD and coach, then hired their successors since Butch Jones was fired :eng101:

To be fair, we fired our coach then *gestures wildly at the thread* then fired our AD. It's been less than a week since Phil was put in as AD effectively starting us over so I'm a little forgiving on the length of time his search is taking.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

That seems like a lot for a dude who is still 8 games under .500 for his career.

I am slightly underwhelmed.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Lol guess who represents all three of UTs coach prospects and also represents Schiano and Butch

Looking into it I think the list of people Sexton doesn’t represent is probably shorter

FakePoet
Feb 6, 2006

Woo. Pig. Sooie.

Hot Rope Guy

tactlessbastard posted:

I am slightly underwhelmed.

I am perhaps on a slow walk towards whelmed (which probably amounts to the same thing). That said, that may have just as much to do with my flagging interest in football as it does with the hire itself.

The coordinator hires could possibly adjust that, but I'm not sure by how much.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/TomBudetti/status/938466528021962753

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mahoning posted:

Just a reminder: there is no such thing as an alpha male, and the guy who coined the term realized his research was bullshit and recanted later, but it was too late. rear end in a top hat bros had already hitched their wagons to that idea.

lol cuck

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TreyW_Radio/status/938500405083983872

*spins in chair*

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
What's the story with Gary Andersen? Does anyone think he gets another HC gig anytime soon? That was such a weird situation and was so long ago that I forgot he even existed. Dude was solid (record-wise) at both Utah State and Wisconsin, and then flames out at Oregon State? Weird.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

NYC, eh? Steve Spagnuolo to Tennessee confirmed.

I had to google who the (interim) coach of the giants is

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
Columbia's head coach

E: Montclair State's head coach

E#2: Chris Ash

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
They're still in NY because Peyton's induction ceremony was yesterday for the CFB hall of fame. A ton of coaches were in town so they're holding interviews there, doesn't have anything to do with NY teams

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

FakePoet posted:

I am perhaps on a slow walk towards whelmed (which probably amounts to the same thing). That said, that may have just as much to do with my flagging interest in football as it does with the hire itself.

The coordinator hires could possibly adjust that, but I'm not sure by how much.

Should at least be fun on offense, if that does anything for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

Columbia's head coach

E: Montclair State's head coach

he's been here since 1983 motherfucker you can't have him

• Locked thread