Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Seaniqua posted:

NYC, eh? Steve Spagnuolo to Tennessee confirmed.

I had to google who the (interim) coach of the giants is

Author of a 2-14 season and a 1-15 season with the Rams, I'm down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Mahoning posted:

What's the story with Gary Andersen? Does anyone think he gets another HC gig anytime soon? That was such a weird situation and was so long ago that I forgot he even existed. Dude was solid (record-wise) at both Utah State and Wisconsin, and then flames out at Oregon State? Weird.

I mean, it's Oregon State. Not that weird.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Regnevelc posted:

I mean, it's Oregon State. Not that weird.

he got Utah State to 11-2

e:huh, apparently Chuckie Keeton is Oregon State's QB coach

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

Alaois posted:

he got Utah State to 11-2

e:huh, apparently Chuckie Keeton is Oregon State's QB coach

Utah State isn't in the Pac-12. He won't out-recruit/athlete other Pac-12 schools.

Wisconsin was also in the Big Ten West, he has had the luck of weak conferences and divisions.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

herm edwards day 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ji8h2VUWt8

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
I think we can safely declare Herm Edwards the most disastrous hire of the year, even if Greg Schiano is included.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://twitter.com/BSonnone/status/938504053260279808

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Hahahahahahha

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Pruitt seems like the best option of the guys they’ve interviewed, and Tennessee having a coach who doesn’t know what asparagus is feels correct at a fundamental level

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

jeremy pruitt played ball for MTSU so that makes him ok in my book

he aint mike leach, but hell, not many of us are

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

In this video, Herm Edwards comes off like one of those super affable guys who always leaves you feeling good about yourself but never remembers your name so every time you meet him you're a little disappointed that he's forgotten you.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
:siren: Tennessee Women’s volleyball coach of 20+ years has resigned :siren:

Bets on which team gets a new coach faster?

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Spurrier is in NY for the CFB hof induction

Spurdog 2 Tennessee confirmed

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Joey Freshwater posted:

They probably had a successor lined up and everything, unless it was a scandal resignation.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

iospace posted:

They probably had a successor lined up and everything, unless it was a scandal resignation.

No news of a successor and as far as I can tell it was pretty unexpected. No scandal that I can see, he just wanted more time with his family.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

an adult beverage posted:

Spurrier is in NY for the CFB hof induction

Spurdog 2 Tennessee confirmed

He’d be punting on first down out of spite

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

Joey Freshwater posted:

I swear when I got this alert from the Knox News app, my first thought was who did he sexually assault on the team? After hearing new sexual assault almost daily, I guess it is now my go to thought.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

This is undeniably funny, but on the other hand guys like Dantonio and Saban aren't exactly exuberant personalities.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CoachSamz/status/938437439357702145

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Willie T owns

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Is there an over/under on how long Jimbo sticks it out at A&M?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Is there an over/under on how long Jimbo sticks it out at A&M?

I go 3.5 years

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is Petrino in NYC with Lamar?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

sportsgenius86 posted:

Is Petrino in NYC with Lamar?

:stare:

...probably.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
https://twitter.com/ESPNRittenberg/status/938540059552182272

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/TreyW_Radio/status/938536863517892608

How hilarious would it be if it was to introduce the new women's volleyball coach?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

:jerky::piss: Gonna be fun to watch that team next year

I wonder if herm might not even make it to season opener

maxallen
Nov 22, 2006

I’m almost convinced the whole Herm Edwards thing is elaborate and expensive performance art.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Pal's actually owns though

Also this. Thanks for giving me another reason to regret having moved to Nashville.

Also I’m at the University of Iowa for work, how should I properly thank them for knocking OSU out of the playoffs even if it got my most hated team in?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

He's not THAT old to be this confused.

Although it would be pretty rad if ASU came out in 90s style pads and unis that made dudes all look like walking tanks.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

maxallen posted:

I’m almost convinced the whole Herm Edwards thing is elaborate and expensive performance art.

Also this. Thanks for giving me another reason to regret having moved to Nashville.

Also I’m at the University of Iowa for work, how should I properly thank them for knocking OSU out of the playoffs even if it got my most hated team in?

“with beer” is usually the correct answer here.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Rick posted:

Although it would be pretty rad if ASU came out in 90s style pads and unis that made dudes all look like walking tanks.

yeah this would own

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rick posted:

He's not THAT old to be this confused.

Maybe herm's cte is kicking in already

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Big neckrolls too

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

maxallen posted:

Fill up your rental car tank with E-85.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

At least they got a guy who knows something about winless seasons

(gently caress Dana Dimel)

dirty shrimp money fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 7, 2017

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Aww wow. He is a really great guy, he was in the Sports Management Masters program while I was it at at UTk (surprise they'll pay for coaches to get degrees if they want them too). I had a number of classes with him and supported the volleyball team because of him. Didn't hurt that those ladies are the best looking female student athletes on campus either.

Hopefully they find another class act to follow him up.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

got any sevens posted:

Maybe herm's cte is kicking in already

I'll give him a pass on that one, jerseys have probably changed a lot since he was last in a lockerroom. Who knew they were so small and stretched so much now! Wait till he finds out about holding large pictures up on the sidelines as plays.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Athanatos posted:

I'll give him a pass on that one, jerseys have probably changed a lot since he was last in a lockerroom. Who knew they were so small and stretched so much now! Wait till he finds out about holding large pictures up on the sidelines as plays.

Someone should photoshop loss.jpg into a picture board some coach is holding up and tell Herm this is how they call plays now.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL
Herm is going to be such a disaster. Sorry ASU goons. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

an adult beverage posted:

Herm is going to be such a disaster. Sorry ASU goons. :negative:

Herm's meltdown is going to be insanely entertaining.

• Locked thread