Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Boywunda posted:

This aligns to the impressions I'm getting from friends who have played both and had all the DLC for D1. I guess comparing the 2, when I never even purchased any of the DLC for D1, is hard to do...so that's fair.

I'm pretty confident I will be purchasing all of the DLC for D2....just seemed silly to do it for D1 at this point, when not a lot of people still play it.
A lot of people still play D1.

Nobody was there when you tried the Vault of Glass because a) there's no raid matchmaking and b) people would be doing the higher level versions that you probably won't be able to access without DLC anyway. It's not a route to get better gear in the progression anymore so nobody does the low level one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
Is the best way to farm exotics (specifically the new ones) still chaining PEs?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Boosh! posted:

Is the best way to farm exotics (specifically the new ones) still chaining PEs?

Yeah if you can get the heroic version there's a better chance of an exotic engram drop

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
What is the trigger for the Heroic Public Event on Mercury?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

IronSaber posted:

What is the trigger for the Heroic Public Event on Mercury?

after you kill the dude on the side island and dunk the rift, stick around

look out at the edge, like away from the playable space, there'll be a little crystal that spawns.

shoot it, and some geometry spawns. Jump on, more crystals, more platforms, etc.

at the top there's a sync plate, stand on it. Done.

There's a bit of a time limit, so go fast and don't fall, but one person can do this and you only have to do it on one side, not both.

I think what it does is sometimes the gate lord gets a shield and you have to dunk more rifts to break it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
why the gently caress do pvp matches drop a metric poo poo ton of worthless blues now

just clogs up the postmaster

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mazerunner posted:

I think what it does is sometimes the gate lord gets a shield and you have to dunk more rifts to break it.

Yeah, every so often the gate lord puts up a shield and a bunch of cyclopses spawn. Kill the cyclops, dunk the orb it drops (on the platform above the gatelord via mancannons), same as phase 1.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Since we're on the topic. gently caress those god drat jump pads in the public event.
They fail and kill me 90% of the time. At first it was a fun novelty but now it's getting aggravating and keeps me from activating the heroic

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

Mazerunner posted:

why the gently caress do pvp matches drop a metric poo poo ton of worthless blues now

Pretty sure increasing the drop rate of rares is some kind of bizarro concession to the players but it's just a curse for this reason.

Oh I guess I get the dlc title now.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

QuasiQuack posted:

Since we're on the topic. gently caress those god drat jump pads in the public event.
They fail and kill me 90% of the time. At first it was a fun novelty but now it's getting aggravating and keeps me from activating the heroic

Walk into them from the front. Don't jump into them

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
I've tried loving everything, including that

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

QuasiQuack posted:

This is the true Curse of Osiris.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

popewiles posted:

Pretty sure increasing the drop rate of rares is some kind of bizarro concession to the players but it's just a curse for this reason.

Oh I guess I get the dlc title now.

I find it kind of useful in quickly light leveling some older stuff I have laying around. After one of those heroic adventures I grabbed Hardlight and Borealis out of storage to deal with the shifting elements, did PVP for a couple hours, came out of it with plenty of 300+ ARs and snipers to fuse into them to bring them up to speed.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

QuasiQuack posted:

There's no prompt (probably a ui bug), but walk up and hold square/X to eat the plate's rear end.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Press X to eat his rear end you bitch.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

el B posted:

There's no prompt (probably a ui bug), but walk up and hold square/X to eat the plate's rear end.

Is this related to all the cones that spawn? Some sort of herotic event

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just finished the campaign, is there anything else I should do that can get my light level up before I move on to my Powerful Gear milestones?

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

VJeff posted:

Just finished the campaign, is there anything else I should do that can get my light level up before I move on to my Powerful Gear milestones?

Well i didn't realize until I was getting offline that you can infuse new poo poo into old poo poo for a nice jump. I was infusing new 307ish weapons and armor into my existing 303-305 gear and stuff was coming out 312-314

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeeeeees I got an Atalanta from my boy Rahool. I’m sure it’ll be fun to try out once Lens gets patched

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

el B posted:

Well i didn't realize until I was getting offline that you can infuse new poo poo into old poo poo for a nice jump. I was infusing new 307ish weapons and armor into my existing 303-305 gear and stuff was coming out 312-314

Just sounds like you forgot about legendary mods.

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Wow, so if you kill the Gate Lord before he can put up his second shield it causes the event to give out normal rewards instead of Heroic Event Rewards.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Crushing the event before it can go Heroic is a cherished D2 Tradition

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Crushing the event before it can go Heroic is a cherished D2 Tradition

At this point it has already gone heroic and you've seen the banner and everything. I guess you crush the boss so hard he forgets he's heroic? If real, lol

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
In that case, lol

Bungie Bad

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The DLC is a step in the right direction, a really small one.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Tei posted:

The DLC is a step in the right direction, a really small one.

I agree with this statement.

And I'd think it was an Acceptable Argument if it had been free

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

It's extremely healthy to play something for 4 months you hate

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

haveblue posted:

At this point it has already gone heroic and you've seen the banner and everything. I guess you crush the boss so hard he forgets he's heroic? If real, lol

That's exactly what happens, six guys shooting the poo poo out of the Gate Lord and you get the Event Complete Banner. Tried it again and same thing.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
I'm about half way through Osiris story stuff now, and the only thing I don't like about this DLC is that it didn't help me decide if I should play Warframe or The Division instead of finishing it.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Norns posted:

It's extremely healthy to play something for 4 months you hate

This would make sense if the core gameplay loop wasn’t so solid.

It’s like getting the world’s best hamburger with a side of fries made of poop

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Destiny 2 is In-n-Out Burger

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/5cgUcDG.gifv

https://i.imgur.com/HzSOArJ.gifv

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

You hosed up if you don't ask for your fries well done

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Knockin' on Heaven's Door

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Mazerunner posted:

You wanted more loot? Here comes more loot baby! Woo!

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

This would make sense if the core gameplay loop wasn’t so solid.

In n out burger?!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
wtf does anyone actually pay attention in this thread

Sir,

This is a Wendy's drive-thru

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Legs Benedict posted:

Destiny 2 is In-n-Out Burger

Oh no you did not

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's just because they're potatoes that they push through a Potato Slicer and then fry in oil

Don't have that classic Preservatives & Freezer Burn flavor

I do wish they had 25% more crisp and less mush tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

So Xbone gets 1 new crucible map, until they feel like rolling out the next one in three weeks with iron banner or whatever. Christ these guys are dipshits. Do they not realize the game is stale as hell and needs an adrenaline shot?

Turns out there is actually a third map (or second if you're not on PS4) and it's called Radiant Cliffs. It's set in that Titanfall-style simulation area with the yellow grass and white Vex architecture. They could have padded the content out by bringing back Asylum or something as well, though.